8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

aspynferris
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

Unread post by aspynferris »

hlit4 wrote:For someone that doesn't buy their children clothing, Ruby sure does shop for herself. I work at LOFT and she wears our clothes, she's wearing a new shirt in today's video that we just got In recently. Nothing wrong with shopping for yourself (I work there so I shop there every shift lol) but I'm pretty sure you could take the $54.50 you spent on that shirt and buy each of your kids a shirt Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It amazes me how much clothing she has while the kids have just a couple of terrible looking shirts. I still can't believe the two ugly tops she bought for Julie. Did she even consider asking her if she likes them? She's not 3 years old anymore.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The tops she bought Julie are just super Ill-fitted for that child. They might look OK if they fit her appropriately, but they absolutely do not fit anywhere near what they should.
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

freshbalsam wrote:Why do they upgrade their home based on how embarrassed their kids are? I thought it was strange that the kids said they were embarrassed that there's no place to sit, so Ruby rushes to Home Depot and buys an entire patio set.

It's pretty disrespectful to burn textbooks. The only thing I can hardly find a little "understandable" is throwing your old homework assignments into the fire. When I was in school, we were given text books for classes like math and science, or reading books for English.. but we always had to return them at the end of the year.

Chad's friends seem a little unruly, but then again I don't have a 12 year old boy in my house so maybe that's how they all act. I bet Ruby can't wait till he's in his private school with April and Davey's kid.

I think it was more of an excuse, with her trying to keep up the entire frugal thing? Like she suddenly realised "we need to get places to sit in our garden this summer", and she decided to pretend it was for the kids so she could have an excuse to buy some furniture for the garden.

I can be like that with my friends when they come over... but that's 18 year olds after a few drinks haha
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Of course Julie didn't get a new bike. I know Julie apparently said she liked her old one and didn't want a new one, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ruby pushed her in that direction. Shari is so annoying. Like she had anything better to do than ride bikes with her family, she just wanted to look cool by saying she was forced into it. Sorry but she really irks me.
Maybe buying a ton of new bikes wouldn't have seemed so expensive if you didn't randomly buy a scooter in the same week!

What was up with all the shots of the kids sleeping in the beginning? So weird. Imagine waking up to Ruby hovering over you with a camera in your face. Yikes.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Kjr123 wrote:Does it make anyone else sick that these people make so much money by exploiting their children.
At least she's putting a lot of the money back into the children and their lives.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

hlit4 wrote:As much as I think Ruby is over dramatic and obnoxious, I think her being upset about loosing the bike was sad. I would be upset too if I were here. And Shari is such a brat. I'm so sick of her. She's cheering that she's going to get a new bike while her mom is crying over it. I found that all just sad.

Yeah that was sad, but maybe it wouldn't have gotten stolen if they didn't leave them out all year. I remember seeing the bikes outside on the side of the house in snow back in Dec/Jan.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

They bought (mortgage) the current house from the Church for 200k, in 2011.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Oh my god. That is fucking unbelievable!!!! I disliked school just as much as the next person but i would never have imagined burning my textbooks. Nor would my mom have let me, much less suggested it.
This isn't a fun activity for the kids to do. This is disrespectful.

She knows her kiddie audience will love it, which translates to more views and more money. It is a business.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

I do not want to give the Griffiths family anymore views but do enjoy coming here for updates. Would someone fill me in on Eve's latest undisciplined behavior in detail. Thanks.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Vincere wrote:They bought (mortgage) the current house from the Church for 200k, in 2011.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does that mean? How do you buy a house from a church? I'm not very familiar with the Mormon religion.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Elah_w wrote:
Vincere wrote:They bought (mortgage) the current house from the Church for 200k, in 2011.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does that mean? How do you buy a house from a church? I'm not very familiar with the Mormon religion.
The church owned it and then they bought it.
Mormon cult is a business.
They own a mall that cost 2 billion dollars
The church makes its members give 10% of their earnings and that adds up, plus all their extra business they have on the side.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... make-money

Here is some math I have done a while ago.
There are of 2 million mormons in Utah.
Considering that the median household income in Utah is 56k/year.
Also the average household in Utah is 3 people per household
2mil members / 3 (to get the number of households) * (56k [income for a household] * 0.1 ( money wasted on cult)=
= 666666 (number of households in Utah, coincidence, I think not) * 5.6k (tithing/year/household)
=3.7 million BILLION dollar tithing Utah every year

Also, the Church spends around $40 million on humanitarian, welfare, and other charity projects, worldwide, each year.
When you see its revenue, 40 million is peanuts.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Vincere wrote:
Elah_w wrote:
The church owned it and then they bought it.
Mormon cult is a business.
They own a mall that cost 2 billion dollars
The church makes its members give 10% of their earnings and that adds up, plus all their extra business they have on the side.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... make-money

Here is some math I have done a while ago.
There are of 2 million mormons in Utah.
Considering that the median household income in Utah is 56k/year.
Also the average household in Utah is 3 people per household
2mil members / 3 (to get the number of households) * (56k [income for a household] * 0.1 ( money wasted on cult)=
= 666666 (number of households in Utah, coincidence, I think not) * 5.6k (tithing/year/household)
=3.7 million BILLION dollar tithing Utah every year

Also, the Church spends around $40 million on humanitarian, welfare, and other charity projects, worldwide, each year.
When you see its revenue, 40 million is peanuts.

What do they do with the excess money?
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Sometimes the way Kevin speaks aggravates me more than the way the Griffiths' speak. I know it's an accent and he probably can't help most of it but damn, it's annoying. Especially the way he says "goina" for gonna or "dinnit" for didn't. Russell sounds just like him too.
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

snkjdgs wrote:I do not want to give the Griffiths family anymore views but do enjoy coming here for updates. Would someone fill me in on Eve's latest undisciplined behavior in detail. Thanks.
She may or may not have eaten a cookie Ruby had saved in her wardrobe(?). Ruby then put guilt in her yet Eve acted like she doesn't actually feel any remorse.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I can't believe Kevin said he would normally throw rocks at rabbits in his garden and then goes on and on about his "doctor Doolittle powers" when it was clearly a domestic rabbit. Why not help find the bunnies home?? He's so dumb

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

The older siblings & cousins will be taller than Shari soon Image [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 2d71f2.jpg[/img]

jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:The older siblings & cousins will be taller than Shari soon Image [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 2d71f2.jpg[/img]

I thought the same exact thing hahaha

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

How does Abby not know that her cousins name is Olivia not Oleva ??
What in the world was Ellie doing at the end of the vlog?
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

Julie was so nice making presents for all the cousins. She sure is a sweety <3
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

Ruby: "Some of my favorite memories is [sic] coming and visiting graves and eating Twinkies. It's so fun! ...That's, like, my goal in life -- not to be a CEO, not to run a major company...I want my kids to sit on my headstone and eat Twinkies."

And who ever said Ruby doesn't have ambitions? ;)

Return to “8 Passengers”