2011WaysToIgnoreLily- Part 36

colemanl1997
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011WaysToIgnoreLily- Part 36

Unread post by colemanl1997 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:I would have wanted to switch classes too but I feel like switching schools is really excessive..

And ya right that she was with her mom when she picked lily up from school that day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
V was in the car so why was her mum going into the school surely Nona can sit with precious Charlie for two minuets and it's not like collecting lily is a one off for Nona we know she does it a lot

MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

Let me start by saying that there's absolutely no reason for anyone to leave marks on a child. I don't think the teacher intentionally hurt Lily. I think Lily was being a typical child and was pulling away from the teacher as the teacher picked her up. She said the teacher had to pick her up 3 different times. I saw the scratch on her arm. I don't see how she could have gotten a scratch if she wasn't pulling away from the teacher. I just don't believe her whole story.

Why the heck did Nona have to go in to get Lily? Vanessa can't take the time to walk in and get her own child? She could have left Charlie in the car w her mom....Wait, Charlie probably screams too much for anyone else to watch him.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

But what if Charlie wanted to EXCLUSIVELY breastfeed during those 2 minutes?
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

I don't think the teacher intentionally hurt Lily either. I know the rules are slightly different at the preschool level, but I am an elementary school teacher and we aren't allowed to pick up the kids, we can't grab them to move them, we really aren't even supposed to like gently push them forward or to a different place. Even if a kid is like freaking out and kicking and punching you or another child, if you don't have the training, you can't even restrain them. Lets say a kid was throwing things in a classroom and could injure another student, you have to remove the other students, you can't touch the kid causing the problem. It has to be an absolute emergency if you need to put hands on a kid. Its all about liability and the fact that if you don't know what you're doing, you could absolutely injure the child, even if its unintentional. So honestly, the teacher did do something wrong. And the nail marks are pretty worrisome because even if she was just grabbing Lily's arm to move her, why is she digging her nails into her arm?
LynnGLOVE8989
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by LynnGLOVE8989 »

literallywhat wrote:I don't think the teacher intentionally hurt Lily either. I know the rules are slightly different at the preschool level, but I am an elementary school teacher and we aren't allowed to pick up the kids, we can't grab them to move them, we really aren't even supposed to like gently push them forward or to a different place. Even if a kid is like freaking out and kicking and punching you or another child, if you don't have the training, you can't even restrain them. Lets say a kid was throwing things in a classroom and could injure another student, you have to remove the other students, you can't touch the kid causing the problem. It has to be an absolute emergency if you need to put hands on a kid. Its all about liability and the fact that if you don't know what you're doing, you could absolutely injure the child, even if its unintentional. So honestly, the teacher did do something wrong. And the nail marks are pretty worrisome because even if she was just grabbing Lily's arm to move her, why is she digging her nails into her arm?
I'm from a different state than V but have taught pre I for several years - it is ok to pick a child up for the most part, but at pre k level it becomes a little more taboo than the 3 and under crowd. I wonder if lily bruises easily because I can't imagine picking up a child roughly enough to cause a bruise like that. As a parent, I would definitely file a police report... but my daughter doesn't bruise easily so I would assume the teacher had to have been very aggressive to leave such marks.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

V said that Lily wasn't yelling, kicking or screaming and that she just wanted to play on the floor. But she wasn't following directions and was probably distracting other students, which is why Lily needs to be in a special needs school. I'm not excusing the teacher's behavior because they should never put their hands on a child.

:love2:
bbygal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bbygal »

I've taught preschool too and can kind of see both sides. Especially since all the other kids were taking their nap and Lily was continuously causing a potential disruption, it's not hard to imagine someone getting frustrated and accidentally pulling her back up a little too roughly the third time. As a parent, though, hearing the "my teacher hurt me" line would have sent me reeling. I hope Lily's new school will be one that can truly accommodate her.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

Her story doesn't exactly line up with her tweets... I wonder if she has been warned to proceed with caution or if she is proceeding with caution because she over reacted...

As a mother I can 100% understand Vanessa's feelings, I would have been livid & wanting answers too.
However something about that video isn't sitting right. Remind yourself of her behaviour during Charlie's Vaccine debacle, she was ANGRY, she was sure, and she was in fight mode.
In her video today regarding Lily's situation, she was hesitant, quiet, and let's be real, there were LOTS of editing cuts.

While I agree 100% with everyone here, no matter what Lily's behaviour was at the time, putting forceful hands on a child posing no physical threat to themselves or any other child is completely uncalled for. However, I have been wondering if Lily has been acting out these past few months. David has disappeared from her day to day life, she's spending more time with Nona less time with mommy. New baby, and returning from a vacation where she is completely doted on... it would be normal for Lily to act out. Combine that with her disabilities and she needs to be in a school suited specifically to her needs, not a school that can accommodate her needs but lacks the specific training.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

Ok that teacher was an asshole. I would definitely demand for some kind of action. At least disciplining the teacher ? Come on. that is not normal.

I have carried my nephews and nieces of Lili's age and I never left any marks like that. There is something more to the story that we are not told about.

That would be horrifying to any mom and I would lose my shit if I saw my kid like that. This also screams to me why exactly Lily should be in a special needs school. You know some church schools dont give a shit. First of all they make little or no money from you. They couldn't bother firing the teacher and stuff. They are too low budgeted to hunt a new teacher for every incident like this.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Emcee wrote:V said that Lily wasn't yelling, kicking or screaming and that she just wanted to play on the floor. But she wasn't following directions and was probably distracting other students, which is why Lily needs to be in a special needs school. I'm not excusing the teacher's behavior because they should never put their hands on a child.

I totally agree that Lily need intensive special needs education every day. I feel for her and I feel for the teacher. She made a serious mistake. The only place for special education is the public schools in most areas. So I hope Vanessa is meeting with Lily's public school now and arranging for appropriate evaluation and services via an IEP.
kalipali
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kalipali »

Emcee wrote:V said that Lily wasn't yelling, kicking or screaming and that she just wanted to play on the floor. But she wasn't following directions and was probably distracting other students, which is why Lily needs to be in a special needs school. I'm not excusing the teacher's behavior because they should never put their hands on a child.

Yes, Lily definitely needs to be in an exclusively special needs class and/or school. She needs to be surrounded by teachers who fully understand that Lily doesn't think and function like other children. Lily doesn't know how to properly express herself; she parrots what is said to her.
Special needs experts would understand and recognize this, and know how to handle a child that mentally doesn't have the ability to listen to directions.

Edited to fix grammar because apparently I can't speak today.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Ah, I am torn too because I used to be a preschool teacher and naptime is hard, the co teacher takes their break and you are left with the rest of the kids alone, I used to let and child that didn't want to nap, sit on their cot and read a book for 30 minutes and if they still didn't fall asleep then I let them up to the table (I wanted to make sure the other kids fell asleep first because if they saw a kid get up then they wouldn't even try to sleep).. However, I would never grab a child by the arm and if you are getting that frustrated then that is when you get the director to either sit in with you or take the child up with them. I totally understand Vanessa's point of view to take Lily to a new school.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Snow White wrote: While I agree 100% with everyone here, no matter what Lily's behaviour was at the time, putting forceful hands on a child posing no physical threat to themselves or any other child is completely uncalled for.
Yeah, I'm not understanding why it's okay for the teacher to even touch a student in any way unless they are endangering themselves or someone else. Couldn't she have asked Lily to go into the hall with her and talked to her? Lily doesn't seem like the type of child who would defy that type of request.
pennyajdg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pennyajdg »

My sister works at a school that takes any student no matter what, and she has three special needs children in her class, they can all be very difficult in different ways, even if they are the sweetest kids at home, I don't excuse any teacher putting their hand on a student ever, my sister has been bit, kicked and spit on, and has never raised her hand or bruised a child, schools and parents need to know where to place children and not overload their teachers.

wendydarling
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wendydarling »

She is the worst pet parent. Her snap bitching about the cat...um the cat wants to be close to and you Charlie! So what! Cold hearted hag.
Beautifuldisaster
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Beautifuldisaster »

She was most definitely lying in the video. While the photos of lily don't necessarily lie ... what Vanessa was saying was not truthful. She kept saying 'by my recollection of the video...' --- which to a person who is trained to know when/if someone is lying; that's a line that would be used to cover something up. She wasn't telling the whole truth or left pertinent information out. She thinks by saying that, if caught lying, she can easily say "but I didn't remember everything!" -- if I saw a video twice of my child being in an abusive situation; I wouldn't 'recollect it', I would know for a fact what I saw and be able to articulate it a week later without hesitation.

I sincerely hope that when she went into the school, she didn't take lily in with her to talk to anyone or parade lily around witnessing the uncomfortable interactions between her mother and the school. I REALLY hope she hasn't brought it up in conversation to anyone in front of lily .. that would be devastating.
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 1979 »

As the parent of a special needs child with limited verbal skills at Lily's age, there would be hell to pay if I saw bruises (or even red marks) and finger nail marks on my child. There is no excuse unless they are being shoved out of a dangerous situation. If the teacher was having a problem with Lily getting on the floor then redirect her to another place where she could go where she would not be in the way it is that simple.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

pennyajdg wrote:My sister works at a school that takes any student no matter what, and she has three special needs children in her class, they can all be very difficult in different ways, even if they are the sweetest kids at home, I don't excuse any teacher putting their hand on a student ever, my sister has been bit, kicked and spit on, and has never raised her hand or bruised a child, schools and parents need to know where to place children and not overload their teachers.

There's a special needs boy in my son's class and he causes so many problems. Parents are always complaining to the teacher about him because he continuously throws sAnd in the kids hair. The teacher has repeatedly spoken to him mom but there isn't much they can do. Now none of the kids will play with him. The most annoying part is his mom acts like his behavior is normal. I've been there when he's acting up and the teacher and TA will look so done with him but they just walk away and tag in either the teach or TA which ever one wasn't dealing with him. The issue with him isn't him. It's his fucken mother.
bbygal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bbygal »

fossilfinger wrote:Yeah, I'm not understanding why it's okay for the teacher to even touch a student in any way unless they are endangering themselves or someone else. Couldn't she have asked Lily to go into the hall with her and talked to her? Lily doesn't seem like the type of child who would defy that type of request.
Have you ever worked with preschoolers? It obviously 100% shouldn't ever be in an aggressive manner, but you do occasionally have to pick them up, guide them, etc. And no, 99% of the time you can't step out of the room with a child, especially during nap, because there are 10+ other children that you have to stay there in the room with. Having a special needs child in the classroom is really difficult and your average preschool teacher isn't always properly trained to handle it. Lily's teacher definitely mishandled it. I don't know about Vanessa's state but mine has public pre-k for 4 year olds that would have been able to form an IEP and provide the proper accommodations. Hopefully she'll be able to do that for kindergarten and on.
HarlowCarlo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by HarlowCarlo »

I just watched that video where she molests the salad. I'm so fucking creeped out. The way she filmed herself was so weird and the way she was talking I can't. It seems like there's something wrong with her. And she actually showed the shit on the diaper... the fact that she seems like her older sister rather than her mother is sad.

Return to “2011teenagemom”