J house vlogs

alexmorgan
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: J house vlogs

Unread post by alexmorgan »

Is there any other youtube family like them? They homeschool their kids & they actually learn things, they leave the house (and not just to go to target), they are down to earth, they dont blow money like crazy ...I hope they stay the way they are and especially that they are truly the way they present themselves. I used to love watching the shaytards back in the day (when it was just emmi avia & gavin) and thought they were just the happiest family out there.Their, or should i say shays, problems probably didnt just start over night in 2017 :-(
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

alexmorgan wrote:Is there any other youtube family like them? They homeschool their kids & they actually learn things, they leave the house (and not just to go to target), they are down to earth, they dont blow money like crazy ...I hope they stay the way they are and especially that they are truly the way they present themselves. I used to love watching the shaytards back in the day (when it was just emmi avia & gavin) and thought they were just the happiest family out there.Their, or should i say shays, problems probably didnt just start over night in 2017 :-(
There's a family called Knorpp and South -- they live in an RV with 9 kids, and are about to leave for an extended stay in Europe. Four of their kids are theirs, and five, they adopted from China, including one with Down Syndrome. They're really down to earth, and the mom admits that the kids drive her crazy. And Samika vlogs are great. They're just a really sweet family.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

They've been hinting at buying a bigger house. I hope they don't get caught up with the crazy YouTube home buying frenzy and change. Above all the great things about them that have already been said I think that they are very smart in the way they vlog: they keep them impersonal enough that they are interesting to watch but don't provide enough fodder for drama or harsh criticism. You can tell the parents are smart and know what hey are doing. And those kids are just absolutely adorable.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

^ agree but totally justify them buying a slightly bigger home because they seem to be pretty frugal so far and only having 3 bedrooms with 5 kids could be cramped (although I do love their back yard) I can see them moving but also hope they don't change (like DB ect)
They are just so great, a good balance between adult and kid viewers, they always seem to provide healthy meals (even if they get pizza, I typically always see a veggie and fruit served), I rarely see the kids watch tv (not that it's totally a bad thing to watch tv) but the kids have an amazing imagination. Great family.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

thenightowl wrote:^ agree but totally justify them buying a slightly bigger home because they seem to be pretty frugal so far and only having 3 bedrooms with 5 kids could be cramped (although I do love their back yard) I can see them moving but also hope they don't change (like DB ect)
They are just so great, a good balance between adult and kid viewers, they always seem to provide healthy meals (even if they get pizza, I typically always see a veggie and fruit served), I rarely see the kids watch tv (not that it's totally a bad thing to watch tv) but the kids have an amazing imagination. Great family.
Yes to everything you said. I also think they should get a home with more rooms if they can afford it. I'm just hoping they don't follow the path of other youtubers with extravagant hauls and never ending home tours (empty home tour, bedroom tour, decor tour etc). Something seems to happen when people do that and they go from being normal families to people who think they live in a Martha Stewart catalogue. I also hope they don't start doing meet ups (have they done any?) and going to vlogger fairs with the kids as that can be transformative (not in a good way) for little ones who don't really understand that they have "fans". I'm being so negative! I think it's because they are all so nice and I'd hate for YouTube to be a short term economic boost followed by a long term shift in family dynamic. Maybe they can make enough money to invest in college funds for the kids/buy a new house and then stop blogging before it ruins the kids' lives?
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

sasperillo wrote:
thenightowl wrote:^ agree but totally justify them buying a slightly bigger home because they seem to be pretty frugal so far and only having 3 bedrooms with 5 kids could be cramped (although I do love their back yard) I can see them moving but also hope they don't change (like DB ect)
Yes to everything you said. I also think they should get a home with more rooms if they can afford it. I'm just hoping they don't follow the path of other youtubers with extravagant hauls and never ending home tours (empty home tour, bedroom tour, decor tour etc). Something seems to happen when people do that and they go from being normal families to people who think they live in a Martha Stewart catalogue. I also hope they don't start doing meet ups (have they done any?) and going to vlogger fairs with the kids as that can be transformative (not in a good way) for little ones who don't really understand that they have "fans". I'm being so negative! I think it's because they are all so nice and I'd hate for YouTube to be a short term economic boost followed by a long term shift in family dynamic. Maybe they can make enough money to invest in college funds for the kids/buy a new house and then stop blogging before it ruins the kids' lives?
Yes, I totally understand, almost every youtuber I watch that have moved definitely changed when they moved to a bigger house. I don't think they have ever done a meet up, I know they went out and have done some brand deals (I think one was with 8 passengers) but can't remember an official meet up. About college, they really do seem like the kind of family that would save up for college, they really seem to value education (which is awesome)
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

I really like this family, the kids are so lovely, well mannered, smart, well spoken, gracious -and the parents take their time answering their questions and answer so kindly as well, they are fantastic parents.
I especially love their little traditions, eg the bringing each kid up to see their curriculum stuff for the first day of school and making their requested birthday breakfast, which might not be big things but makes for happy childhood memories.
I honestly cant fault them so far

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Ugh. Ellie and Jared in their new vlog. I love J House but I'll probably skip this one.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

I dislike how their vlogs are a week behind. Why can't they just do them in real time.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
bugbuddyhater2046
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bugbuddyhater2046 »

Strawberry26 wrote:I dislike how their vlogs are a week behind. Why can't they just do them in real time.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I personally think it is really smart - I think they do it because they honor the idea of taking a day for their families and in their beliefs for their god/religion. Like why not take off a day? Spend time with your family and catch up with editing. Rather than calling themselves daily vloggers like Okbaby or one of them who claims to post daily even though they don't. I mean Jeremy is a lawyer who works, so its not like they really need youtube for the money right now and who cares if its working for them, if you don't get a vlog once a week.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I thought Kendra's body talk was really Mormon-y. It's great to be confident, but I also think of Colette Butler, who is also Mormon with 5 kids and her husband was CHEATING on her with some dumb cam girl. I do find it a bit odd the husband (Jeremy?) is traveling alone to these YT events lately. Does he really need to go??? He's left her with the FIVE kids at least three times in three months for several days! That seems really odd!!!

Also, they are like TWO WEEKS behind with videos. I wonder why...?
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

My heart bursts whenever I watch them! I don't watch every video they post, but I'm going to try to keep up with them more compared to the fake YouTubers. I love how they make each kid's birthday so special and 100% focused around them. Everything from the breakfast to activities throughout the day. It's really sweet! I just watched Issac's birthday vlog and I got a little teary at how they made a 102 list of things they love about him. It's not that I think he's left out, but sometimes being the oldest sibling is hard because the younger kids need the attention 24/7 . He's so good to all of his siblings and I hope he realizes that! <3 Not only are Jeremy & Kendra blessed with amazing kids... those kids have some great parents.
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by schnapperin »

So amazed to watch them doing all those acitivities with the kids during the summer compared to other yt family vloggers - and how well behaved the little ones are. Def a family I don't mind watching without my adblocker :D
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I love how real Kendra is with her feelings and anxiety. She made a post on Instagram yesterday and it's refreshing to see people stay true to their lives and feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I was talking to my sister about various vlogger events like playlist, cvx life, vlogger fair. I've never been because they're all too far away, but we were talking about who we'd like to meet if we had the chance. I very rarely watch J House vlogs, in fact I'm not even subscribed. But Kendra seems like such a genuinely nice person, just wonderful to be around. She would definitely be on my top 5 list of vloggers I'd like to meet. She emits positivity and it never feels fake. They're very pleasant to watch.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Caisflame wrote:I was talking to my sister about various vlogger events like playlist, cvx life, vlogger fair. I've never been because they're all too far away, but we were talking about who we'd like to meet if we had the chance. I very rarely watch J House vlogs, in fact I'm not even subscribed. But Kendra seems like such a genuinely nice person, just wonderful to be around. She would definitely be on my top 5 list of vloggers I'd like to meet. She emits positivity and it never feels fake. They're very pleasant to watch.
Same here, I live in the same area as they do and she would be a vlogger that I would definitely stop and say hi to if I saw in public.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

I love that they look things up online to teach their kids when they see something they aren't sure of. Or when a kid asks a question they don't know an answer to they look it up.

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

I generally roll my eyes at parents who homeschool, especially if they are religious and are doing so to shelter their kids from different ways of being, but I find Kendra to be an excellent teacher and very organized. I also really like that they have others fill in the gaps like with the dyslexia tutor for Elise.
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

I do question their character a little because they still associate with Sam & nia after all that. I can't understand why anyone would want anything to do with them after what went down with vloggerfair and then Ashley Madison and just how creepy he is in general. J house is way too good for them.

unionjack
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by unionjack »

MandyJ wrote:I do question their character a little because they still associate with Sam & nia after all that. I can't understand why anyone would want anything to do with them after what went down with vloggerfair and then Ashley Madison and just how creepy he is in general. J house is way too good for them.

What happened with Sam and Nia? :/

They are by far my favourite family on YouTube, their kids are adorable, very polite and thankful and not spoiled at all and the parents seem extremely loving and caring.

Return to “I-P”