E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

Ceirsten8676 wrote:Honestly, when I watch vlogs when Ellie was pregnant with Calvin and then watch blogs now, I can't believe that's the same person. Her weight, her personality, her hair. And her Invisalign totally changed her face structure, her teeth were fine before. Her hair looked soooo much better darker. This long, stringy yellow blonde hair is doing nothing for her features. I feel like I'm watching two different people. She was so much more likeable then. I actually enjoyed their vlogs in 2014-2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I'm usually more drawn to blonde hair on girls (I'm a straight married woman lol, but usually the girls I see that I think "wow she's pretty, I wish I looked like that" tend to be blonde) but I HATE her hair. It's literally yellow. I'm really surprised that a former hair stylist would have that hair color. Girl needs a good soak in some purple shampoo.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

decdu wrote:
js215 wrote:
BellaRose wrote: You mean he already saw the grass, but pretended to be surprised by it lol? That is priceless!
I thought the whole pretend to be surprised thing to be very telling, obviously he's imitating what he sees his parents do all the time, i was surprised they kept the clip in
It was like Jackson was trolling (Read: taking the piss out of) his parents :D
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

HelloSweetie wrote:
blahblahblahhh wrote:
Maelin wrote: Actually that's not what we saw, that's what you have assumed. Maybe she was pregnant maybe she was not. We will never know because we don't actually know her. She did get a little fluff in the midsection which I think all ladies have experienced at some point in their cycle. And then she has an emotional week. Am I saying that won't affect weight? Of course not. Heck, I lose a pound if someone looks at me the wrong way. (Haha not really, I'm not that sensitive, but you get the point.) We didn't see Ellie and Jared fighting, unless you call discussing the meal fighting, in which case you have pretty high standards for a marriage. And then they went camping. Twice. And she's listening to a book on tape. That's what we've seen. Oh, also they got grass. In case you missed it. However you are stating that that she is restricting calories intentionally. You do not know that and that is a very serious assumption. Eating disorders can be a life or death situation and not something to be thrown about in a gossip forum just because you don't like someone.

You thought the "never have I ever" clip screamed "happy non-fighting couple"?

I guess I don't know anything about marriage. I've only been with my husband for 16 years. But you know, we are supposed to believe everything we are told and nothing more.

I'm sorry. I wasn't implying you knew nothing of marriage. I'm sorry you took it that way. I just don't think bickering over food is grounds for divorce.

And I'm not saying believe everything you're told. But you also don't gain anything from assuming it's a lie.

Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

Ceirsten8676 wrote:Honestly, when I watch vlogs when Ellie was pregnant with Calvin and then watch blogs now, I can't believe that's the same person. Her weight, her personality, her hair. And her Invisalign totally changed her face structure, her teeth were fine before. Her hair looked soooo much better darker. This long, stringy yellow blonde hair is doing nothing for her features. I feel like I'm watching two different people. She was so much more likeable then. I actually enjoyed their vlogs in 2014-2015.

She has changed. She aged, has 2 young children now and has had more life experiences. We all grow and change over time and it's okay to grow apart. She's changed and so have you. If you don't like her anymore, that's okay. But do acknowledge that it's normal for people to evolve over time. I feel like every family we watch on YouTube has done that. Some of them I've been able to follow on their journey and some I've had to leave behind. That's okay.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't think Ellie has changed all that much. I think she has always been rude, obnoxious, entitled, and bratty. She just doesn't feel the need to hide it anymore.
Ellie has said she had to apologize because her acne made her mean...Ellie is a typical spoiled child who has always gotten whatever she wanted. Her entire family treats her with kid gloves and Jared permanently walks on egg shells around her.
Ellie has always been this way, and she won't ever change because everyone around her allows her behaviour.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

workfromhomemom wrote:I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....

That's what I was thinking....Jared is a fairly tech savvy guy, I'm sure he knows how to play with the ip location...
Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

workfromhomemom wrote:I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....
Want a selfie? Image I've never seen anyone post a selfie in here. (I went back and read old threads as I was advised to do by other members.) I could even do something weird in the photo like hold up a fork so you'll know it's not some random photo from the internet! Haha let me know!

Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

That's what I was thinking....Jared is a fairly tech savvy guy, I'm sure he knows how to play with the ip location...
Haha Jared is. I'm not!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure
Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

HelloSweetie wrote:I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure Image
Thank you! I'm very young! Until December when I turn 30 and then I'll just be a little young. I'm not misguided enough to think that everything can be perfect, I've just come to realize it's important to not sweat the small stuff. You know why? Because literally nothing matters. We live and we die. I see no reason to trash someone I don't know. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help them. Ellie and Jared (and the whole Griffiths clan) are just some people I watch on the internet. Nothing they do or say will ever impact my life so I see no need to dig into their lives and assume the worst.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Maelin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Thank you! I'm very young! Until December when I turn 30 and then I'll just be a little young. I'm not misguided enough to think that everything can be perfect, I've just come to realize it's important to not sweat the small stuff. You know why? Because literally nothing matters. We live and we die. I see no reason to trash someone I don't know. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help them. Ellie and Jared (and the whole Griffiths clan) are just some people I watch on the internet. Nothing they do or say will ever impact my life so I see no need to dig into their lives and assume the worst.

So.....

You're here because you want to prove how much better you are than us?

Ok. Maybe it is Ellie.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I am not going to say Ellie has an eating disorder as 1. I don't think diagnosing is allowed on here, and 2. It is not smart for me, a non-professional, to officially say people have xyz. I share my theories, but I would never go, "Oh, so and so for sure has bipolar disorder", etc. That's not my place.

But I DO think Ellie strives to be skinny. Even if she has complained about her weight. In Mormonism, there is a need to be perfect and pure, and obviously not all Mormons go to the same extreme as others (plastic surgery, for an example), but it's obvious that Ellie and Jared love to keep a perfect image.

Skinny is still perfect according to most of the world. Of course, if you're TOO skinny then you need to eat a pizza, and then if you're too chubby then you need to stop eating. That is the joy of being a woman. Ellie seems like a very insecure person...insecurity + societal standards for women + Mormon standards of perfection = unhealthy need to be perfect. So I do think Ellie tries to keep as thin as possible.

I don't say this just to gossip. It's a serious concern and problem. Saying that they're grossly TMI or that they favor one kid over the other is gossip...her image, to me, is more of a worry than anything. I don't think she loves herself because she can never be perfect (perfection doesn't exist. it cannot be achieved), and that attributes to her horrible personality. She is miserable, whether she has a serious problem or not.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Maelin wrote:
Want a selfie? Image I've never seen anyone post a selfie in here. (I went back and read old threads as I was advised to do by other members.) I could even do something weird in the photo like hold up a fork so you'll know it's not some random photo from the internet! Haha let me know!

If you have to post a selfie to prove you're not E or J because you are white knighting so damn hard, I think this may not be the best place for you. None of us agree, and that's ok. Image

And by the way, it's not normal to change in to a completely different person over a few years. I had 3 kids in 4 years, and my husband and I are still the same people. Just a little more mature. I have several friends who had multiple children in the same time span and they're the same people too. They didn't suddenly turn in to selfish, ungrateful, arrogant bitches.

Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Maelin wrote:

So.....

You're here because you want to prove how much better you are than us?

Ok. Maybe it is Ellie.
Nope I'm here because it's fun. Some of the conspiracy theories are funny!

Plus I live in a college town and it's the summer. There's not a lot going on. Haha

Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

blahblahblahhh wrote:
Maelin wrote:

If you have to post a selfie to prove you're not E or J because you are white knighting so damn hard, I think this may not be the best place for you. None of us agree, and that's ok. Image

And by the way, it's not normal to change in to a completely different person over a few years. I had 3 kids in 4 years, and my husband and I are still the same people. Just a little more mature. I have several friends who had multiple children in the same time span and they're the same people too. They didn't suddenly turn in to selfish, ungrateful, arrogant bitches.

Don't worry! I'll be okay!

Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

tintin15 wrote:I am not going to say Ellie has an eating disorder as 1. I don't think diagnosing is allowed on here, and 2. It is not smart for me, a non-professional, to officially say people have xyz. I share my theories, but I would never go, "Oh, so and so for sure has bipolar disorder", etc. That's not my place.

But I DO think Ellie strives to be skinny. Even if she has complained about her weight. In Mormonism, there is a need to be perfect and pure, and obviously not all Mormons go to the same extreme as others (plastic surgery, for an example), but it's obvious that Ellie and Jared love to keep a perfect image.

Skinny is still perfect according to most of the world. Of course, if you're TOO skinny then you need to eat a pizza, and then if you're too chubby then you need to stop eating. That is the joy of being a woman. Ellie seems like a very insecure person...insecurity + societal standards for women + Mormon standards of perfection = unhealthy need to be perfect. So I do think Ellie tries to keep as thin as possible.

I don't say this just to gossip. It's a serious concern and problem. Saying that they're grossly TMI or that they favor one kid over the other is gossip...her image, to me, is more of a worry than anything. I don't think she loves herself because she can never be perfect (perfection doesn't exist. it cannot be achieved), and that attributes to her horrible personality. She is miserable, whether she has a serious problem or not.
Being from the south, I really haven't interacted with many Mormans, so I can't verify what you say other than reading on the internet. (Though there are some missionaries in my town! I'm sure they were sent here because of the college, but geez I would hate to be sent here when you could go to better places! They must have been bad Mormans! Ha) But with me living in the Bible Belt and living in a community with a large foreign student population, I can tell you I see those character traits in many religions. There no one more fierce that a southern baptist woman trying to keep up the with Joneses. (Haha that makes me think of when y'all say kidses.)

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Maelin wrote:

So... you just don't want to think about anything that could be going on in their lives other than what they show us? Then what's the point of even saying everything we say is wrong? I don't vlog or put my life out there, but I can guarantee you there's a hell of a lot going on that people who look at my social media or see me on a regular basis don't know. You think everything that vloggers show you is everything going on in their life? That they don't calculate ways to bring in views? That everything may not always be so peachy behind the scenes? Ignorance is bliss, right? If nothing matters and you don't want to think about anything more than what's shown, then why waste your time reading here? Why is that fun?

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

That crusty booger comment was just :barf: Why the F is this woman SO obsessed with bodily functions?? Honestly, if (when) their youtube 'career' goes to shit she should become an embalmer. :shock:
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

blahblahblahhh wrote:
Maelin wrote:

So... you just don't want to think about anything that could be going on in their lives other than what they show us? Then what's the point of even saying everything we say is wrong? I don't vlog or put my life out there, but I can guarantee you there's a hell of a lot going on that people who look at my social media or see me on a regular basis don't know. You think everything that vloggers show you is everything going on in their life? That they don't calculate ways to bring in views? That everything may not always be so peachy behind the scenes? Ignorance is bliss, right? If nothing matters and you don't want to think about anything more than what's shown, then why waste your time reading here? Why is that fun?

No, no you misunderstood! That's okay. I'm not here to contradict everything you say! See this all started when people were discussing Ellie's weight and implying that she had an eating disorder. I was just pointing out how that's inappropriate. And that when we started digging into the fact that she and Jared are fighting and how she has to be perfect because she's Morman and that proves she has said eating disorder. I'm just giving my input is all.

And I'm not naive to think vloggers show us their whole lives. And I do realize they generate income based on views. If I want to watch I will. If I don't, I won't. I know their lives aren't perfect. That's okay. Whose is? I wouldn't want to watch a video where they were fighting all day and telling us all of their woes. Would you?

And as previously stated, I read because some of the things y'all say is hilarious! (Whoever said Calvin looks like that baby from the Simpsons had me rolling. He's a cute little guy.) Just not eating disorders.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”