• Advertisement
    

E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby workfromhomemom » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:53 pm

I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:39 am
Has thanked: 1752 times
Been thanked: 3836 times

Advertisement

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 pm

workfromhomemom wrote:I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....



That's what I was thinking....Jared is a fairly tech savvy guy, I'm sure he knows how to play with the ip location...
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 3863 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Maelin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 pm

workfromhomemom wrote:I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....


Want a selfie? I've never seen anyone post a selfie in here. (I went back and read old threads as I was advised to do by other members.) I could even do something weird in the photo like hold up a fork so you'll know it's not some random photo from the internet! Haha let me know!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Maelin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:59 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....



That's what I was thinking....Jared is a fairly tech savvy guy, I'm sure he knows how to play with the ip location...


Haha Jared is. I'm not!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 93 times

E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:17 pm

I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 10688 times
Been thanked: 46737 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Maelin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure


Thank you! I'm very young! Until December when I turn 30 and then I'll just be a little young. I'm not misguided enough to think that everything can be perfect, I've just come to realize it's important to not sweat the small stuff. You know why? Because literally nothing matters. We live and we die. I see no reason to trash someone I don't know. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help them. Ellie and Jared (and the whole Griffiths clan) are just some people I watch on the internet. Nothing they do or say will ever impact my life so I see no need to dig into their lives and assume the worst.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Maelin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure


Thank you! I'm very young! Until December when I turn 30 and then I'll just be a little young. I'm not misguided enough to think that everything can be perfect, I've just come to realize it's important to not sweat the small stuff. You know why? Because literally nothing matters. We live and we die. I see no reason to trash someone I don't know. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help them. Ellie and Jared (and the whole Griffiths clan) are just some people I watch on the internet. Nothing they do or say will ever impact my life so I see no need to dig into their lives and assume the worst.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So.....

You're here because you want to prove how much better you are than us?

Ok. Maybe it is Ellie.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 10688 times
Been thanked: 46737 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby tintin15 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 pm

I am not going to say Ellie has an eating disorder as 1. I don't think diagnosing is allowed on here, and 2. It is not smart for me, a non-professional, to officially say people have xyz. I share my theories, but I would never go, "Oh, so and so for sure has bipolar disorder", etc. That's not my place.

But I DO think Ellie strives to be skinny. Even if she has complained about her weight. In Mormonism, there is a need to be perfect and pure, and obviously not all Mormons go to the same extreme as others (plastic surgery, for an example), but it's obvious that Ellie and Jared love to keep a perfect image.

Skinny is still perfect according to most of the world. Of course, if you're TOO skinny then you need to eat a pizza, and then if you're too chubby then you need to stop eating. That is the joy of being a woman. Ellie seems like a very insecure person...insecurity + societal standards for women + Mormon standards of perfection = unhealthy need to be perfect. So I do think Ellie tries to keep as thin as possible.

I don't say this just to gossip. It's a serious concern and problem. Saying that they're grossly TMI or that they favor one kid over the other is gossip...her image, to me, is more of a worry than anything. I don't think she loves herself because she can never be perfect (perfection doesn't exist. it cannot be achieved), and that attributes to her horrible personality. She is miserable, whether she has a serious problem or not.
User avatar
tintin15
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 13903 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby blahblahblahhh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Maelin wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....


Want a selfie? I've never seen anyone post a selfie in here. (I went back and read old threads as I was advised to do by other members.) I could even do something weird in the photo like hold up a fork so you'll know it's not some random photo from the internet! Haha let me know!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


If you have to post a selfie to prove you're not E or J because you are white knighting so damn hard, I think this may not be the best place for you. None of us agree, and that's ok.

And by the way, it's not normal to change in to a completely different person over a few years. I had 3 kids in 4 years, and my husband and I are still the same people. Just a little more mature. I have several friends who had multiple children in the same time span and they're the same people too. They didn't suddenly turn in to selfish, ungrateful, arrogant bitches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blahblahblahhh
Gossiper
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 628 times
Been thanked: 4165 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Maelin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:34 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
Maelin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure


Thank you! I'm very young! Until December when I turn 30 and then I'll just be a little young. I'm not misguided enough to think that everything can be perfect, I've just come to realize it's important to not sweat the small stuff. You know why? Because literally nothing matters. We live and we die. I see no reason to trash someone I don't know. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help them. Ellie and Jared (and the whole Griffiths clan) are just some people I watch on the internet. Nothing they do or say will ever impact my life so I see no need to dig into their lives and assume the worst.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So.....

You're here because you want to prove how much better you are than us?

Ok. Maybe it is Ellie.


Nope I'm here because it's fun. Some of the conspiracy theories are funny!

Plus I live in a college town and it's the summer. There's not a lot going on. Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Maelin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:37 pm

blahblahblahhh wrote:
Maelin wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I think Maelin doth protest too much. I am almost expecting a "we" to be used on accident in his/her sentences about Ellie and Jared. I am still thinking Jared no matter what the IP address supposedly says. I bet I am not the only one with these suspicions still too....


Want a selfie? I've never seen anyone post a selfie in here. (I went back and read old threads as I was advised to do by other members.) I could even do something weird in the photo like hold up a fork so you'll know it's not some random photo from the internet! Haha let me know!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


If you have to post a selfie to prove you're not E or J because you are white knighting so damn hard, I think this may not be the best place for you. None of us agree, and that's ok.

And by the way, it's not normal to change in to a completely different person over a few years. I had 3 kids in 4 years, and my husband and I are still the same people. Just a little more mature. I have several friends who had multiple children in the same time span and they're the same people too. They didn't suddenly turn in to selfish, ungrateful, arrogant bitches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Don't worry! I'll be okay!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Maelin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:44 pm

tintin15 wrote:I am not going to say Ellie has an eating disorder as 1. I don't think diagnosing is allowed on here, and 2. It is not smart for me, a non-professional, to officially say people have xyz. I share my theories, but I would never go, "Oh, so and so for sure has bipolar disorder", etc. That's not my place.

But I DO think Ellie strives to be skinny. Even if she has complained about her weight. In Mormonism, there is a need to be perfect and pure, and obviously not all Mormons go to the same extreme as others (plastic surgery, for an example), but it's obvious that Ellie and Jared love to keep a perfect image.

Skinny is still perfect according to most of the world. Of course, if you're TOO skinny then you need to eat a pizza, and then if you're too chubby then you need to stop eating. That is the joy of being a woman. Ellie seems like a very insecure person...insecurity + societal standards for women + Mormon standards of perfection = unhealthy need to be perfect. So I do think Ellie tries to keep as thin as possible.

I don't say this just to gossip. It's a serious concern and problem. Saying that they're grossly TMI or that they favor one kid over the other is gossip...her image, to me, is more of a worry than anything. I don't think she loves herself because she can never be perfect (perfection doesn't exist. it cannot be achieved), and that attributes to her horrible personality. She is miserable, whether she has a serious problem or not.


Being from the south, I really haven't interacted with many Mormans, so I can't verify what you say other than reading on the internet. (Though there are some missionaries in my town! I'm sure they were sent here because of the college, but geez I would hate to be sent here when you could go to better places! They must have been bad Mormans! Ha) But with me living in the Bible Belt and living in a community with a large foreign student population, I can tell you I see those character traits in many religions. There no one more fierce that a southern baptist woman trying to keep up the with Joneses. (Haha that makes me think of when y'all say kidses.)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby blahblahblahhh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Maelin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure


Thank you! I'm very young! Until December when I turn 30 and then I'll just be a little young. I'm not misguided enough to think that everything can be perfect, I've just come to realize it's important to not sweat the small stuff. You know why? Because literally nothing matters. We live and we die. I see no reason to trash someone I don't know. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help them. Ellie and Jared (and the whole Griffiths clan) are just some people I watch on the internet. Nothing they do or say will ever impact my life so I see no need to dig into their lives and assume the worst.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So... you just don't want to think about anything that could be going on in their lives other than what they show us? Then what's the point of even saying everything we say is wrong? I don't vlog or put my life out there, but I can guarantee you there's a hell of a lot going on that people who look at my social media or see me on a regular basis don't know. You think everything that vloggers show you is everything going on in their life? That they don't calculate ways to bring in views? That everything may not always be so peachy behind the scenes? Ignorance is bliss, right? If nothing matters and you don't want to think about anything more than what's shown, then why waste your time reading here? Why is that fun?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blahblahblahhh
Gossiper
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 628 times
Been thanked: 4165 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Scar2016 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:49 pm

That crusty booger comment was just :barf: Why the F is this woman SO obsessed with bodily functions?? Honestly, if (when) their youtube 'career' goes to shit she should become an embalmer. :shock:
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
User avatar
Scar2016
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm
Has thanked: 1454 times
Been thanked: 6701 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Maelin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:03 pm

blahblahblahhh wrote:
Maelin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I believe she's legit. I think Maelin is just a younger fan who wants to believe that marriage and motherhood can be that romantic/fun/happy/perfect, etc. I'll admit it, I bought what E&J were selling at first too! It took a long time watching before I started to notice the cracks in their happy facade, the lies and the patterns of weird behaviour. My guess is that Maelin hasn't noticed any of that.... yet.

Or she's a troll who is just having fun with us. I'm still not sure


Thank you! I'm very young! Until December when I turn 30 and then I'll just be a little young. I'm not misguided enough to think that everything can be perfect, I've just come to realize it's important to not sweat the small stuff. You know why? Because literally nothing matters. We live and we die. I see no reason to trash someone I don't know. It doesn't help me and it doesn't help them. Ellie and Jared (and the whole Griffiths clan) are just some people I watch on the internet. Nothing they do or say will ever impact my life so I see no need to dig into their lives and assume the worst.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So... you just don't want to think about anything that could be going on in their lives other than what they show us? Then what's the point of even saying everything we say is wrong? I don't vlog or put my life out there, but I can guarantee you there's a hell of a lot going on that people who look at my social media or see me on a regular basis don't know. You think everything that vloggers show you is everything going on in their life? That they don't calculate ways to bring in views? That everything may not always be so peachy behind the scenes? Ignorance is bliss, right? If nothing matters and you don't want to think about anything more than what's shown, then why waste your time reading here? Why is that fun?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No, no you misunderstood! That's okay. I'm not here to contradict everything you say! See this all started when people were discussing Ellie's weight and implying that she had an eating disorder. I was just pointing out how that's inappropriate. And that when we started digging into the fact that she and Jared are fighting and how she has to be perfect because she's Morman and that proves she has said eating disorder. I'm just giving my input is all.

And I'm not naive to think vloggers show us their whole lives. And I do realize they generate income based on views. If I want to watch I will. If I don't, I won't. I know their lives aren't perfect. That's okay. Whose is? I wouldn't want to watch a video where they were fighting all day and telling us all of their woes. Would you?

And as previously stated, I read because some of the things y'all say is hilarious! (Whoever said Calvin looks like that baby from the Simpsons had me rolling. He's a cute little guy.) Just not eating disorders.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Scar2016 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:14 pm

The Mods'll be sure to wade in if a rule's being broken/inappropriate posts are being made. Scrolling past is surprisingly easy to get the hang of. Heck, even Ellie could do it.

Aaaaanyway, back to that crusty booger comment. Ellie reminds me of the 16 y/o character in the TV series with David Duchovny 'Californication' who stole his book and published it called ''Fucking and Punching.'' Ellie should pen a book - Shit and Snot: Sans Sex.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
User avatar
Scar2016
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm
Has thanked: 1454 times
Been thanked: 6701 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby BlueMountains » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:26 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
Maelin wrote:
tintin15 wrote:[quote="HelloSweetie"]I guess it's safe to say that Ellie has worked hard this month to lose the weight she supposedly gained during the few days she was pregnant. She's looking ghastly again.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... bf3224.png

Also, having a tv in that camper is ridiculous. So much for E&J not having kids dependant on electronics like DB.


Wow, she is GAUNT. There are plenty of naturally thin people...Ellie is NOT one of them.


She's not naturally thin? She's been thin (very thin) in every video they've ever posted that she wasn't pregnant. They posted pictures of her as a teen where she was very thin. Also Julie and Ruby are very thin.

(Personal) I'm 5'8" and I weigh a whopping 98 lbs. (today....it varies but never over 103.) I look a lot like Ellie, except I'm a good bit taller so I actually look worse. It's rude to talk about a heavy person's weight, but it's fair game if they're small. I get comments constantly, and it's completely out of my control.

Additionally, Ellie has been saying FOR YEARS that she is unhappy with how small she is, and would like to gain some weight. So why imply that she is this thin on purpose?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why imply she's thin on purpose???? Why oh why oh why?

See what she eats? Notice how she controls the portions of food for those around her? Ever notice she shares meals with Jared when they go to restaurants?

She says she was always that thin, but she's lying. Teenage Ellie was still thin, but quite a bit larger than she is now. In case you haven't realized by now.... she lies.[/quote]
I am thin myself, 5'5" and 98 pounds. I would defend Ellie in saying that mayeb she doesn't have a big appetite, I don't either, but shes eaten more since she thought she was pregnant so thats not it. I think she likes looking thin and plans small portions to stay that way, but eats more if she thinks shes pregnant.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
BlueMountains
Talker
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 9620 times
Been thanked: 1035 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:33 pm

BlueMountains wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Maelin wrote:[quote="tintin15"][quote="HelloSweetie"]I guess it's safe to say that Ellie has worked hard this month to lose the weight she supposedly gained during the few days she was pregnant. She's looking ghastly again.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... bf3224.png

Also, having a tv in that camper is ridiculous. So much for E&J not having kids dependant on electronics like DB.


Wow, she is GAUNT. There are plenty of naturally thin people...Ellie is NOT one of them.


She's not naturally thin? She's been thin (very thin) in every video they've ever posted that she wasn't pregnant. They posted pictures of her as a teen where she was very thin. Also Julie and Ruby are very thin.

(Personal) I'm 5'8" and I weigh a whopping 98 lbs. (today....it varies but never over 103.) I look a lot like Ellie, except I'm a good bit taller so I actually look worse. It's rude to talk about a heavy person's weight, but it's fair game if they're small. I get comments constantly, and it's completely out of my control.

Additionally, Ellie has been saying FOR YEARS that she is unhappy with how small she is, and would like to gain some weight. So why imply that she is this thin on purpose?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why imply she's thin on purpose???? Why oh why oh why?

See what she eats? Notice how she controls the portions of food for those around her? Ever notice she shares meals with Jared when they go to restaurants?

She says she was always that thin, but she's lying. Teenage Ellie was still thin, but quite a bit larger than she is now. In case you haven't realized by now.... she lies.[/quote]
I am thin myself, 5'5" and 98 pounds. I would defend Ellie in saying that mayeb she doesn't have a big appetite, I don't either, but shes eaten more since she thought she was pregnant so thats not it. I think she likes looking thin and plans small portions to stay that way, but eats more if she thinks shes pregnant.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thank you. This was exactly what I was getting at! She thought she was pregnant so she started eating better. Found out she wasn't, and then somehow lost the weight. Maybe it was stress weight loss, but I believe she made a point to lose it.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 10688 times
Been thanked: 46737 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby BlueMountains » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Maelin wrote:
tintin15 wrote:I wasn't trying to offend anyone by saying Ellie isn't naturally thin, but apparently I did. Sorry for that.

She is small, that's for sure, and I would never try to insult someone's weight unless I was actually worried. I don't insult people for being fat or thin, I worry for people whose habits are clearly a problem. Bryan Lanning, for example...I couldn't care less that he's overweight, but based on his habits of only eating junk, it's worrisome.

Ellie is the same way to me. I would never be like, "Wow, so thiiiin, eat a burger!!!" but we have seen that her portions are very concerning. A couple weeks back, there was a picture of a meal she was having...it looked like it would be more of a plate for Jackson than an adult.

I certainly wasn't trying to say she was ugly because she's so thin. I am just concerned. Some people can't help their size, but Ellie has shown that she can gain weight. I'm not trying to insult, not trying to diagnose, just observing.


No offense taken! Just trying to give some insight on what it's like to be that thin!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thin too but definitely understand where they are getting at. Just last month she gained weight and ate more because she thought she was pregnant so she allowed herself to eat more. Theres s difference between having a small appetite, which she has never said she has, and starving yourself, which is what she does. They don't point it out to be rude buf more out of concern for her. Yes Ellies a terrible mother and all but she needs to take care of herself especially since she has children. And to add their viewers are children so she is teaching them that its healthy and normal to look like that when its not at all. I've been watching for 3 years now and see a big difference in Ellie, even post-baby she has a bit more weight to her. Yes you do lose weight in your face as you age but her body had a bit more weight to it before she was even pregnant with jackson or ttc.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
BlueMountains
Talker
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 9620 times
Been thanked: 1035 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby BlueMountains » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:57 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
BlueMountains wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:[quote="Maelin"][quote="tintin15"][quote="HelloSweetie"]I guess it's safe to say that Ellie has worked hard this month to lose the weight she supposedly gained during the few days she was pregnant. She's looking ghastly again.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... bf3224.png

Also, having a tv in that camper is ridiculous. So much for E&J not having kids dependant on electronics like DB.


Wow, she is GAUNT. There are plenty of naturally thin people...Ellie is NOT one of them.


She's not naturally thin? She's been thin (very thin) in every video they've ever posted that she wasn't pregnant. They posted pictures of her as a teen where she was very thin. Also Julie and Ruby are very thin.

(Personal) I'm 5'8" and I weigh a whopping 98 lbs. (today....it varies but never over 103.) I look a lot like Ellie, except I'm a good bit taller so I actually look worse. It's rude to talk about a heavy person's weight, but it's fair game if they're small. I get comments constantly, and it's completely out of my control.

Additionally, Ellie has been saying FOR YEARS that she is unhappy with how small she is, and would like to gain some weight. So why imply that she is this thin on purpose?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why imply she's thin on purpose???? Why oh why oh why?

See what she eats? Notice how she controls the portions of food for those around her? Ever notice she shares meals with Jared when they go to restaurants?

She says she was always that thin, but she's lying. Teenage Ellie was still thin, but quite a bit larger than she is now. In case you haven't realized by now.... she lies.[/quote]
I am thin myself, 5'5" and 98 pounds. I would defend Ellie in saying that mayeb she doesn't have a big appetite, I don't either, but shes eaten more since she thought she was pregnant so thats not it. I think she likes looking thin and plans small portions to stay that way, but eats more if she thinks shes pregnant.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thank you. This was exactly what I was getting at! She thought she was pregnant so she started eating better. Found out she wasn't, and then somehow lost the weight. Maybe it was stress weight loss, but I believe she made a point to lose it.[/quote]
Definitely and even if she was pregnant you don't gain wait that fast. So it has to be a change in appetite, whether that was caused by stress we'll never know. I do believe shes holding back on eating so she can be the thinnest one. We know from past years she weighed about 10 pounds or so more and that can make a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
BlueMountains
Talker
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 9620 times
Been thanked: 1035 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Edenberry » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:32 am

*sigh* Okay, I'll try and be concise about this.

To be brief, 16 yrs ago I developed severe anorexia (I was 16). It came out my extreme insecurities and overall stress (I had always been overweight leading up to this and often teased about it). I went from 125 in the summer of '00 (because I had begun to shape up and get exercise...this was a good healthy weight for me), to 92 lbs at the start of the new school year. Pure anoxeric behavior. Safe foods, hiding food, flushing food, defensive behavior about people talking to me about my food/weight, blind to my appearance. I still felt fat. Passed out on the stairs at school, parents sent me to MUSC and I was checked into the ED program and stayed on the youth psychiatric floor for 2 months for close observation. Out patient for 5 more months. Gained weight, went home...relapsed hard.
120lbs to 72lbs in 4 months (I ate apples and water...period). Heart nearly gave out, seizures, hair fell out, my entire body hurt if I did anything but sit. Back to MUSC.

Long story short(ish). Eating Disorders are true mental illnesses. I'm not defending anyone on this page in one way or another in the direction the conversation has gone. It's a secret disorder and most times the only obvious sign in the weight loss and the person's obsession with it. It's HELL. I survived.

It lingers, little things linger your whole life after an ED. I'm 33 with a husband and two children. I'm a healthy weight (126lbs, 5'5"). I'm a lucky one.

I can't look at Ellie and say she has an ED. Do I think she looks too thin? I do. That's just an observation. Whatever it means, I can't say. I pray to God she doesn't have an ED because I wouldn't wish one on any person. It truly is a tortuous life inside your own body and mind.
Edenberry
Informer
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:17 am
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 2389 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Pency » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:16 am

I don't necessarily think Ellie has an ED either, but from my observation of her life, she shows concerning behaviors. Of course, as they love to point out, we only see a little of their life, so maybe I'm way off base here but two examples that give me pause with her are:

She gained 6 pounds during her brief pregnancy and lost it almost immediately. She's very thin (naturally) so you can see gains and losses very easily. She lost those 6 pounds very very quickly and since her loss was either chemical or a spontaneous m/c (no D&C), I don't think we can say it's due to that.

The whole Healtht Grocery Girl phase she went through. These are Utah Mormon meat eaters but all of the sudden she was all about eating Vegan? That's a huge red flag in the ED community. Of course I also wonder if Ellie is just not too bright and doesn't understand that HGG is vegan, but it was just a moment where I was like huh what's she up to?

I don't like to participate in body shaming of anybody at any weight, so I do not in any way want to indicate that I think Ellie is too thin, but I just sometimes wonder about her habits. She's a very controlling person and she is also obviously able to lose weight very easily, and a lot of ED's stem from the aspect of being able to control something (food intake, weight).

Again, not diagnosing. Just pointing out some behaviors that have raised red flags.
Pency
Gossiper
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:29 am
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 4382 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby Addicted2vlogs » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:01 am

I love when there's much to read
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the few times Ellie hiding and sneaking food in the garage and pantry in the middle of the night.

Whatever the case may be, in my opinion, for someone who wants to gain weight & get pregnant, her food consumption is low and not substantial. Her eating habits are weird AF.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Addicted2vlogs
Talker
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 5:06 am
Has thanked: 901 times
Been thanked: 748 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:32 am

As someone who had an ED for 15 YEARS (anorexia and bulimia - and spent THOUSANDS of $$ on therapy to get better), she does seem to have an ED. She CAN gain weight, but she just doesn't want to. When she thought she was pregnant she said she'd gained 6 pounds. On her tiny frame that's a lot, but I think her body actually wanted the food.

It's insanely hard to recover from EDs and they do start young. I started at 13. I thought being a size 0 was ideal, a size 2 was okay and size 4 was getting too fat. Which is the crazy mental logic of someone with an ED.

People compare Ellie to her other thin sisters, but whose not to say they also have eating disorder issues as well? Their mom was never as thin as Ellie or Julie. Ellie posted a young pic of her mom and she looked healthy - not super skinny!

Ellie is very underweight and I'm sure her doctor - like my own doctor - has said "gain some weight." But it's almost reverse to someone with an ED and they think "OMG, I'm so thin and this is working!" Yep, EDs make you crazy!

I regret not getting help before I did. EDs really ruin your health as you get older. And what's the point?? I'm very comfortable with my body now and really regret the stress and starving and vomiting I did to make myself WAY too thin - just because I thought that was "perfect."

I'm not saying she 100% has an ED, but...seriously, that girl is not healthy.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 939 times
Been thanked: 6861 times

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Postby tintin15 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:58 am

So thankful of everyone sharing their experiences with eating disorders. I'm sure it is difficult to do so.

Again, I can't and won't say whether or not Ellie has an actual sickness. But I can chime in on how her religion may affect her body image.

Maelin mentioned the all religions have that perfection trait and that's so true. I grew up Christian and I still am (ie believe in Jesus), but I don't follow the ridiculous rules that were placed on me growing up. Christianity has a huge emphasis on purity on the inside rather than perfection on the outside. No sexual thoughts or sex before marriage, no secular music, no unwholesome movies or TV shows or books, dressing modestly, hating gay people, women are subservient, other religions or curiosity of other religions is bad, etc. etc. Halloween was evil, I didn't trick or treat until I was 12. I wasn't allowed to watch or read Harry Potter (or anything with ~evil magic~ for that matter) until well after all the books were out. And the modesty....oof. I got in trouble when I was literally about 10 years old because I wore an off the shoulder shirt with a tank top underneath it so you could see an inch of my shoulder :-o :-o :-o

Strict religious rules are something that stick with you even after you realize they're wrong. I wonder all the time if I'm "wrong" or "sinful" for thoughts, or ideas, or things I do. They terrify you by saying you'll go to hell or bad things will happen to you, and that sticks with you.

Ellie still abides by the Mormon church's rules, which has both rules of inner and outer perfection. You wouldn't believe how much of a toll that can take on a person...I can guarantee that contributes to her weight to the point where it could become a problem mentally. That kind of pressure and guilt can kill you.

I'm not trying to insult the entire Mormon church. Obviously some Mormons are much more lax than others, but I don't think Ellie lucked out on that one...religion can control many aspects of your life, body image definitely included, especially for women.
User avatar
tintin15
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 13903 times

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement