Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by Caisflame »

Scar2016 wrote:Nice to see Bonnie was able to not vlog herself getting micro bladed (Read: she felt uncomfortable and anxious because it was something physical and it might have been painful so - you know - being the person in control of the camera, she got to decide if she was filmed or not). Reminds me of how Olivia was afforded that same autonomy when getting her ears pierced. Who knows, perhaps if Olivia wasn't filmed she may have been able to go through with it like Bonnie was able to go through with her eyebrows being micro bladed.
YES. THIS. Thank you. That's exactly what I thought. So many times the children have been in pain or nervous, but they're not in control of the camera so they don't get to decide. It really pisses me off. The earring thing was the worst possible thing to film.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by nc_mom »

Her eyebrows, butterfly lashes, acrylic nails, hair extensions are all fake and look awful. She is naturally pretty so can't understand why she would go to such extremes to look so artificial. She is not an educated woman and seems to dwell on her looks way too much instead of developing her brain, intellect and becoming an interesting rather than shallow person. I don't find her to be a good role model for her children...too much of an airhead imo. (Ellie is just as bad if not worse!)
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

nc_mom wrote:Her eyebrows, butterfly lashes, acrylic nails, hair extensions are all fake and look awful. She is naturally pretty so can't understand why she would go to such extremes to look so artificial. She is not an educated woman and seems to dwell on her looks way too much instead of developing her brain, intellect and becoming an interesting rather than shallow person. I don't find her to be a good role model for her children...too much of an airhead imo. (Ellie is just as bad if not worse!)
Again, it's a Mormon thing. It seems like most of the Mormon mommies on YT (there are a few exceptions like the mom of JHouse and Jennika), don't care a lick about education and ONLY care about looks - for themselves and their kids. I think girls aren't expected to go far in school because they get married and have babies at a young age. I think it's the father's role to get their sons educated and go on their mission, etc. It's a very sexist religion!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

That's just not true.

I am a Mormon, and live in a VERY Mormon community. There are a handful of families like Bonnie's and her sisters but it's definitely not the norm here.
Family is important, and women have an important role in the family but we also have very successful careers. I own my own, successful, accounting firm.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

This is what I thought of Bonnie's eyebrows....I have never understood the appeal of makeup in the first place. Shouldn't we, as women, have enough self confidence to not have add all of that stuff to our face just to be seen? We tell our daughters they are pretty and then tell them to put that stuff on their face to be prettier? (Can you tell I have never worn makeup and never plan to, lol?)Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I'm sorry but this is just not a good look. :( I hate the eyebrows and the lashes. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 8d9408.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I'm sorry but this is just not a good look. :( I hate the eyebrows and the lashes. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 8d9408.jpg[/img]

I liked the way she did her brows better but I would probably think those were fine if I'd never seen her before.

So far I've never a set of lash extensions I liked on anyone though.
Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I'm sorry but this is just not a good look. :( I hate the eyebrows and the lashes. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 8d9408.jpg[/img]

I liked the way she did her brows better but I would probably think those were fine if I'd never seen her before.

So far I've never a set of lash extensions I liked on anyone though.
I think hers look more intense because of the middle part she's rocking. I hope they'll look better as they fade, but I do think they're too thin. Nothing an eyebrow pencil can't fix but that does defeat the purpose of having this done.

Also I liked her lashes when she first got them done because they weren't so thick. Now it's just a bit much, especially when she's not wearing makeup. I had them for a bit and enjoyed them, but I didn't enjoy the month afterwards where I had no lashes left! If I had to guess she's done damage to her real lashes and there just not much left there. That's why she's doing the lash bundles instead of the individuals which is what she started out with. She's a beautiful lady either way!

decdu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by decdu »

I think the thin lashes all dark look like an out dated style! Every time i look at her i get some 90s vibes

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but her eyebrows now give me such a drag queen- transvestite vibe! They are much better when she does them herself.... she should have listened to the professional and done them thicker.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but her eyebrows now give me such a drag queen- transvestite vibe! They are much better when she does them herself.... she should have listened to the professional and done them thicker.
I wanted to say the same but also didn't want to offend anyone.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Refrigerator_Light wrote:I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but her eyebrows now give me such a drag queen- transvestite vibe! They are much better when she does them herself.... she should have listened to the professional and done them thicker.
Not flaming your opinion at all, but I did want to let you know that "transvestite" is a pretty offensive and hurtful word to some in the LGBTQI community. It's antiquated and "drag queen" was descriptive enough. Just letting you know because on other boards you'd get eaten alive for not knowing.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Not flaming your opinion at all, but I did want to let you know that "transvestite" is a pretty offensive and hurtful word to some in the LGBTQI community. It's antiquated and "drag queen" was descriptive enough. Just letting you know because on other boards you'd get eaten alive for not knowing.
Fair enough... that's for letting me know :)
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I can't believe they showed the first and last names of the other children who were at the piano recital. So inconsiderate to the other parents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

AutumnLane wrote:I can't believe they showed the first and last names of the other children who were at the piano recital. So inconsiderate to the other parents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I was one of those parents I would be fucking pissed, the subs already know the town + can look up the piano lady, now have the other students full names. I would contact them legally about the video, it would also be fun to have an excuse to take a YouTuber down a few notches lol. I really never watch Bonnie ever since Joel quit his job, I hate Joel's editing, they are no longer relatable and they are boring af, and Bonnie has changed/or real personality has come out now that she doesn't have to live so frugally (exactly what happened with Ellie). Bonnie's personality is still much more mature and real then Ellie, Bonnie has the middle child spunk whereas Ellie is a spoiled immature baby.

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Never apologize for using the English language correctly! 'Transvestite' is a long established word meaning the act of wearing clothing designated to the opposite sex.

Don't let social justice warriors use negative emotions to purposely dilute and alter our language!
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

LydiaE wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Never apologize for using the English language correctly! 'Transvestite' is a long established word meaning the act of wearing clothing designated to the opposite sex.

Don't let social justice warriors use negative emotions to purposely dilute and alter our language!
What the fuck is wrong with you?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

LydiaE wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Not flaming your opinion at all, but I did want to let you know that "transvestite" is a pretty offensive and hurtful word to some in the LGBTQI community. It's antiquated and "drag queen" was descriptive enough. Just letting you know because on other boards you'd get eaten alive for not knowing.

No clothing is "designated" to the opposite sex.

If being a social justice warrior makes his world a better place for my children, then I guess I'm happy to be one.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

LydiaE wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Not flaming your opinion at all, but I did want to let you know that "transvestite" is a pretty offensive and hurtful word to some in the LGBTQI community. It's antiquated and "drag queen" was descriptive enough. Just letting you know because on other boards you'd get eaten alive for not knowing.

it's also a word that has long been used to degrade oppressed people... many words, like "transvestite", have more history and meaning beyond their standard dictionary definition, so it's not just simply referring to the clothing people wear Image

you're not being hurt at all by being asked not to use a specific word, but some people WILL be hurt by you using it. it's so unbelievably selfish to continue stubbornly doing something you know hurts people just because it doesn't bother YOU.

"social justice warriors" (i'll never get why people like you even think that term is offensive, should we feel bad for wanting less oppression in the world?) are not trying to pry the english language out of your hands, chill out.
decdu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by decdu »

Two thoughts on todays vlog : one why did she do the mom daughter performance if shes not that good and messed it up for olivia! Olivia's solo was much better. And two the whole scene where she asks olivia if she had a sister and olivia says i don't have a sister and bonnie says give her half of this was weird and not funny, and im sure olivia did not get the movie reference

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”