E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

wonderwoman123
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Unread post by wonderwoman123 »

I love how she said I can't wait to get trees at the end of the month. That must be when YOU TUBE pays their paycheck. Which makes me wonder if they are spending everything they have. What do you think?
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

wonderwoman123 wrote:I love how she said I can't wait to get trees at the end of the month. That must be when YOU TUBE pays their paycheck. Which makes me wonder if they are spending everything they have. What do you think?
All that occurred to me hearing that was that is was so sad. She has supposedly longed for the grass "since October" now it's in and what does she say when she looks out the window "l can't wait until the trees are in." It's always the next thing with her... she will die chasing happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

Do they not have any landscaping done in the front of their house either?!

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I doubt her comment about the trees coming at the end of the month has anything to do with finances.
They cant walk on the sod for a few weeks, they likely had to order the trees & since they do nothing themselves theyre at the mercy of when the landscaper can come.
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

I just hate how she "designed" the backyard. A retaining wall about halfway up the hill with pretty bricks or stone would have been so much prettier in my opinion. It would have leveled out that steep slope and they could have had stairs or steps to the upper level. It would have looked beautiful and she would have had so much more useable space than those giant boulders, everywhere.

Oh and she could have done flowerbeds at the edge of the retaining wall, so you would see beautiful flowers over the bricks or stones.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That yard is a waste, which is why nobody bought it for so long!! The back yard is SO ugly.

I wonder if the builder tried to talk them out of that lot? Its a well established neighborhood with ONE vacant lot, HUGE red flag. I wouldn't want to cut their grass!!!
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by navarjul000 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I doubt her comment about the trees coming at the end of the month has anything to do with finances.
They cant walk on the sod for a few weeks, they likely had to order the trees & since they do nothing themselves theyre at the mercy of when the landscaper can come.
That's what bothers me most about this. They talk about making memories and looking back and thinking of how great everything was all the time, yet they haven't seen the one opportunity to make valuable memories right in front of them. Some of my favorite memories involved playing in the dirt and helping my parents plant flowers and vegetable plants and bushes in our yard. My dad one year even planted cherry, apricot, peach, and pear trees in our yard and I loved waking up early during harvest season to pick the ripe fruits or helping care for and trim trees as they grew. Idk about you, but there's something about working and working and when you're finished seeing the finished product that I have always loved.

Why don't they use their creativity, maybe get ideas off of Pinterest, and landscape themselves? Idk how hard trees are to put in, so I'm not going to assume they're easy, but you don't have to be a professional to plant some flowers and shrubs and make them look nice. I'm sure Jackson would love it. Less expensive than hiring someone too.

Idk, maybe it's just me, but I feel like there are better ways to spend your time than watching people work for you.

They could even include "MAKING MEMORIES" in their vlog title.

Sorry if my post doesn't even make sense, my brain runs at a million miles/hour and sometimes I can't even make sense of my own thoughts.

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:That yard is a waste, which is why nobody bought it for so long!! The back yard is SO ugly.

I wonder if the builder tried to talk them out of that lot? Its a well established neighborhood with ONE vacant lot, HUGE red flag. I wouldn't want to cut their grass!!!

Oh I agree that lot is terrible, but I think a retaining wall would have helped level out the top part a lot more. Definitely not an ideal lot, but Ellie made a bad situation so much worse. She should have a defined covered patio area. Instead, she spread the pavers/cobblestones out over the entire lower area. I just can't even. I haven't even seen the grass vlog, yet. I don't see how grass could improve it much.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

navarjul000 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I doubt her comment about the trees coming at the end of the month has anything to do with finances.
That's what bothers me most about this. They talk about making memories and looking back and thinking of how great everything was all the time, yet they haven't seen the one opportunity to make valuable memories right in front of them. Some of my favorite memories involved playing in the dirt and helping my parents plant flowers and vegetable plants and bushes in our yard. My dad one year even planted cherry, apricot, peach, and pear trees in our yard and I loved waking up early during harvest season to pick the ripe fruits or helping care for and trim trees as they grew. Idk about you, but there's something about working and working and when you're finished seeing the finished product that I have always loved.

Why don't they use their creativity, maybe get ideas off of Pinterest, and landscape themselves? Idk how hard trees are to put in, so I'm not going to assume they're easy, but you don't have to be a professional to plant some flowers and shrubs and make them look nice. I'm sure Jackson would love it. Less expensive than hiring someone too.

Idk, maybe it's just me, but I feel like there are better ways to spend your time than watching people work for you.

Sorry if my post doesn't even make sense, my brain runs at a million miles/hour and sometimes I can't even make sense of my own thoughts.

Depending on how large the trees are, and Im sure instant gratification Ellie ordered the biggest they could, it would be a BIG job to take on yourself...but like you said, shrubs, flowers, that kind of stuff would be fun for them to do as a family!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

navarjul000 wrote:

Oh, I think Ellie LOVES watching people work for her.

My husband and I have planted lots of things with our kids, and you are right it means so much more when you look back and remember the sapling you planted that now gives you shade. But Ellie likes the memories that make her feel superior to those doing the manual labor.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

Their lawn people will hate them. I'm instantly assuming they will hire gardeners... because after a few weeks they will get sick of doing it themselves just like everything else. There is a spot up there you can see around the time Ellie is standing on her "favorite rock" where it looks like you could probably barely fit a riding lawn mower, because the rocks come out so far that there's a tiny little grass patch to get to the other side. I can just see a lawn service trying to squeeze one of those professional riding mowers through that space and the tumbling down the rock quarry.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Could you even get a riding mower up there? lol, its just so awful. That middle section where they say the boys can play soccer and stuff...well what happens when the ball goes rolling down the rocks and one of the poor boys goes after?
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Maybe they'll hire Joel lol
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Could you even get a riding mower up there? lol, its just so awful. That middle section where they say the boys can play soccer and stuff...well what happens when the ball goes rolling down the rocks and one of the poor boys goes after?
I don't even know! I think there's a grass hill strip thing to the right of the steps, but I couldn't even tell if it would be big enough. They probably will have to drag a push mower up 50 different levels. They should just make a pulley system down their rock walls.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I definitely don't think Jared will mow the grass, maybe once or twice, but after that they'll be hiring that job out. I wonder if it will be hard to find someone willing to cut that back yard? They'll definitely be paying extra if they can find someone willing to haul a mower up those stupid rocks.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

CallieT wrote:Maybe they'll hire Joel lol
He already mows his parents' and the Griffith's lawns as well as his own every week. Then again, I get the impression he can't help but step in when he thinks someone is in over their head. He might add it to the weekly routine.

Ellie used to talk about wanting a yard to garden in. What happened to that? She just doesn't do anything.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
CallieT wrote:Maybe they'll hire Joel lol
He already mows his parents' and the Griffith's lawns as well as his own every week. Then again, I get the impression he can't help but step in when he thinks someone is in over their head. He might add it to the weekly routine.

Ellie used to talk about wanting a yard to garden in. What happened to that? She just doesn't do anything.

I don't think Joel will. I think he mows his parents and because of that Bonnie insisted he mow her parents as well. But I really don't see him agreeing to mow Jared and Ellie's disaster when Jared is fully capable of doing so himself.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

wonderwoman123 wrote:I love how she said I can't wait to get trees at the end of the month. That must be when YOU TUBE pays their paycheck. Which makes me wonder if they are spending everything they have. What do you think?
Or it could be something as simple and logical as they're not permitted to walk on the grass for a few weeks. I'm sure they don't want landscapers and their equipment trudging all over their lawn.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

This has been said already, but I FUCKING HATE THAT BACKYARD. The rocks are awful. No amount of greenery is going to fix that mess.

dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

tintin15 wrote: Maelin mentioned the all religions have that perfection trait and that's so true. I grew up Christian and I still am (ie believe in Jesus), but I don't follow the ridiculous rules that were placed on me growing up. Christianity has a huge emphasis on purity on the inside rather than perfection on the outside. No sexual thoughts or sex before marriage, no secular music, no unwholesome movies or TV shows or books, dressing modestly, hating gay people, women are subservient, other religions or curiosity of other religions is bad, etc. etc. Halloween was evil, I didn't trick or treat until I was 12. I wasn't allowed to watch or read Harry Potter (or anything with ~evil magic~ for that matter) until well after all the books were out. And the modesty....oof. I got in trouble when I was literally about 10 years old because I wore an off the shoulder shirt with a tank top underneath it so you could see an inch of my shoulder :-o :-o :-o

Strict religious rules are something that stick with you even after you realize they're wrong. I wonder all the time if I'm "wrong" or "sinful" for thoughts, or ideas, or things I do. They terrify you by saying you'll go to hell or bad things will happen to you, and that sticks with you.

Ellie still abides by the Mormon church's rules, which has both rules of inner and outer perfection. You wouldn't believe how much of a toll that can take on a person...I can guarantee that contributes to her weight to the point where it could become a problem mentally. That kind of pressure and guilt can kill you.

I'm not trying to insult the entire Mormon church. Obviously some Mormons are much more lax than others, but I don't think Ellie lucked out on that one...religion can control many aspects of your life, body image definitely included, especially for women.
Sounds like you grew up in an IFB church. I did as well. Fundamentalists are so cult-like it's ridiculous. I feel like they are so obsessed with things that pertain to anything sexual and you'll find that there's a lot of sexual abuse that goes on in the background.

I'm so over the Griffiths girls and their obsession with their outward appearance. Ellie has such a shitty personality and would do better to focus on that! I do think she has some deep issues that are untreated and I think time will reveal a breakdown of some sort.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”