8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by seriously7 »

Oh my god, Ruby is totally turning into her Mom. She sounded just like her today when they were at the park.

Also, when she gives her kids snacks and treats, why does she always have to pick out literally the worst stuff. It looked like she got some of the kids Peanut Butter donuts, yuk!
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh my god, Ruby is totally turning into her Mom. She sounded just like her today when they were at the park.

Also, when she gives her kids snacks and treats, why does she always have to pick out literally the worst stuff. It looked like she got some of the kids Peanut Butter donuts, yuk!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

greenfly125 wrote:Is anyone going to mention how Ruby spat out her retainer/braces on camera and handed them to Abbey? This woman is vile.
I saw it, was revolted by it, and then tried to block it from my memory. Thanks for reminding us ;)

And about today's vlog:
There was something rather sad about it to me- all of Ruby's efforts to tell us she's having a Fun Mom Who Plays With Her Kids day. It felt forced and also rather desperate. I really felt almost sorry for her. She has many good qualities as a parent, but there's just so much I can't get behind.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

natalka81 wrote:
greenfly125 wrote:Is anyone going to mention how Ruby spat out her retainer/braces on camera and handed them to Abbey? This woman is vile.
I saw it, was revolted by it, and then tried to block it from my memory. Thanks for reminding us ;)

And about today's vlog:
There was something rather sad about it to me- all of Ruby's efforts to tell us she's having a Fun Mom Who Plays With Her Kids day. It felt forced and also rather desperate. I really felt almost sorry for her. She has many good qualities as a parent, but there's just so much I can't get behind.

Yeah it did sound forced, like she feels obligated to be a Stay at Home mom just because she committed to it at age 13. Ever since Ruby started working as a youtuber you can tell she enjoys working just as much as being a mom, but can't admit it because it feels wrong to her. I hope she can find a balance but it will be hard for awhile because she has so many children.
pymbo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pymbo »

seriously7 wrote:I hope she can find a balance but it will be hard for awhile because she has so many children.
Yep, at the moment she is doing neither the mothering nor the vlogging well. Since she can't quit the mothering, she should stop the vlogging.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

I hate the fact that Ruby favours two kids over the others. I feel like Eve and Shari are the Golden children, whilst the rest is just meh. Whatever Eve or Shari want to do, they do. Maybe that's just me but Shari is a complete brat and is very disrespectful to her parents like that time when she decided she won't go to school or when Ruby didn't know where she was or when she was coming back all evening. If I did that at her age my parents would ground me for the rest of my life. And it also maybe kind of sad when Shari was showing her closet and her clothes were like 3/4 of all, and then Abby had a few pieces... Then they said they ordered t-shirts for Shari because she didn't have any, yet Ruby only orders Abby and Julie one or two ugly and unflattering ones at the time. It just seems unfair and like everything is about Shari. Eve is a whole different story, because in her case it's the lack of discipline adn it seems like Ruby lets her do anything she wants without considering that she's only like 3 or 4... For example when she let her go to that cheer thing in sandals instead of trainers or some sort of comfy shoes
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Have they talked about any of the kids, specifically Shari, going on a mission? I was watching caseylavere (Shaycarl's brother) and people were talking about Brailee going on a mission when she turns 18. She's only a little younger than Shari. Is it more common for boys to go rather than girls?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Caisflame wrote:Have they talked about any of the kids, specifically Shari, going on a mission? I was watching caseylavere (Shaycarl's brother) and people were talking about Brailee going on a mission when she turns 18. She's only a little younger than Shari. Is it more common for boys to go rather than girls?
Less women go than men. But they lowered the age from 21 to 19 a few years ago, so they are expecting more women, because at 21, nice Mormon girls are planning their wedding, right?
There's less pressure on girls to go, for sure. It surprised me that Casey and Kayli, who as far as I know weren't sealed, and Casey has been filmed drinking, so they aren't the best Mormons, are saying Brailee is going to go on a mission.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:I hate the fact that Ruby favours two kids over the others. I feel like Eve and Shari are the Golden children, whilst the rest is just meh. Whatever Eve or Shari want to do, they do. Maybe that's just me but Shari is a complete brat and is very disrespectful to her parents like that time when she decided she won't go to school or when Ruby didn't know where she was or when she was coming back all evening. If I did that at her age my parents would ground me for the rest of my life. And it also maybe kind of sad when Shari was showing her closet and her clothes were like 3/4 of all, and then Abby had a few pieces... Then they said they ordered t-shirts for Shari because she didn't have any, yet Ruby only orders Abby and Julie one or two ugly and unflattering ones at the time. It just seems unfair and like everything is about Shari. Eve is a whole different story, because in her case it's the lack of discipline adn it seems like Ruby lets her do anything she wants without considering that she's only like 3 or 4... For example when she let her go to that cheer thing in sandals instead of trainers or some sort of comfy shoes
They are buying Shari more clothes because she has to find a husband. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

I had a dream last night the vlog was Chad getting caught with Fanta mixed with vodka hidden in his room, but it was all totally staged and I was watching Ruby set up the cameras and rehearse. It was freaky. Maybe a sign I need to not watch these people as often!
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Ruby said it was this is their first ever family vacation outside of Utah, they usually just vacation 30mins away from the house. That explains a lot.

ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

I can't believe they've never seen the ocean/sea!? I understand the USA is a big place but what the fuck lol
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

Why in the world would Ruby and Kevin encourage Chad to jump on that float? Disrespectful and potentially dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

It's good to see the comments are calling Ruby out on encouraging Chad to go hop on someone's float. Not only is it dangerous (moving vehicle as well as some floats not being made to withstand the weight of someone standing on it), it's disrespectful as fuck. "Boo they're not very fun." Really, Ruby? You're supposed to be the adult.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I think that Ruby is trying to make some of her kids happen (go viral or something, encouraging bad behavior thinking they're being cool). But the kids just end up looking stupid and disrespectful to others. This self entitlement might be one of the reason Chad got suspended/expelled and I'm starting to wonder how miss know it all Shari have survived without any suspension at all...
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Namm wrote:I think that Ruby is trying to make some of her kids happen (go viral or something, encouraging bad behavior thinking they're being cool). But the kids just end up looking stupid and disrespectful to others. This self entitlement might be one of the reason Chad got suspended/expelled and I'm starting to wonder how miss know it all Shari have survived without any suspension at all...
I agree. She tries to come off as the "cool mom" who lets her kids break the rules. That was absolutely unbelievable that she let/encouraged chad to get on that float. Who does she think she is

eam10
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by eam10 »

and next vlog we see shari getting into it with a tsa agent part 2!!!!
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ruby is so lazy. Eve is going to be 4 in Sept. and she was packing a ton of pull up's because the her mom still hasn't potty trained her.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Too famous and rich to even make a breakfast.

Got a Naked juice (it's really delicious tough) and gummy bears!
goudvlinder

Unread post by goudvlinder »

So, I've been reading here for a few months now, but decided to make an account so I'd be able to rant about todays vlog. I can't believe Ruby encouraged Chad to do such a disrespectful thing, respond in a even more disrespectful way and put the scene in the intro as if it was a very funny and cool thing to do. Are you freaking serious? I know she has done these kind of disrespectful things before (laughing at the airport when Shari is arguing about a lotion..), but I really can't wrap my mind around it.

Every vlog is very annoying to me, as it is obvious most of the content is scripted and vlogging always has her priority instead of her kids, but still I always tried to somehow understand her point of view. I think she is a perfectionist and quite sensitive about other people's opinion about her. She has shown so many times how she records certain scenes or stories multiple times when it isn't 'perfect' in her opinion, how she cuts content out when it is too boring or how she worries that one day she won't have enough content to put a video up. Because of this, I feel like vlogging is taking up all of her time and energy and she is totally losing touch with reality. Because she wants to be successful and liked, she is putting so much pressure on herself and on the quality of her vlogs. This is totally backfiring, as there is nothing real about her anymore. She has experienced how interesting content is popular, especially among younger viewers. Because of this she keeps on getting more and more fake, ridiculous and immature. I know this youtube business is a great solution to their (financial) problems and helping her to feel important and give a new meaning to her life, but she really needs to take a step back and think about the consequences of her behaviour. It is painful to see how much she has changed since she started the channel.

She can make up as many excuses as she wants about the way she raises her kids, but this youtube fame is clearly tearing up her family and doing a lot of damage. One day their youtube fame will probably be over, but the way she deals with her kids will forever affect them. Six kids take a lot of work and even though we only see 10 minutes of their day, it is so clear that it is too mucy for Ruby. She is exploiting her kids, making them do things in front of the camera as if they are circus animals, always approaching them with a camera if something happens or they get hurt, talking to them through a camera, constantly losing the younger ones in the store and never picking up on important body language or things her kids say (that one vlog when Chad looked really sad after he said Ruby never went to one of his games and she disagreed and started to goof around with Russell, when she asked on camera if Julie was still getting bullied at school and Julie got very uncomfortable).

I know no one is perfect, but if she wants to be a good mom, she has to admit to herself things are getting out of hand and make some big changes in her parenting and vlogging. She doesn't need to act ridiculous to get a lot of views. J House Vlogs are still a bit ahead of 8 passengers and they have always kept it real and make their kids their first priority no matter what. Even though there is no way to keep private life and a job as a daily vlogger separate, they really know their boundaries and keep a good balance. To me, they are always very enjoyable to watch.

I really hope Ruby will soon realise she is doing some serious damage when she goes on like this, because this 'Ruby show' is getting more ridiculous every day..

Return to “8 Passengers”