Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

decdu wrote:Two thoughts on todays vlog : one why did she do the mom daughter performance if shes not that good and messed it up for olivia! Olivia's solo was much better. And two the whole scene where she asks olivia if she had a sister and olivia says i don't have a sister and bonnie says give her half of this was weird and not funny, and im sure olivia did not get the movie reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They watch the old Disney movies all the time. I don't think the kids actually watch that many of the newer shows, unless maybe they are Disney. I agree she probably didn't get the reference, but I sure she's seen the movie.

She might have got the reference though, my son is only a couple years older than Olivia and we joke around using pop culture/inside joke references all the time.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GymChick »

I like that the kids watch the old movies, goonies, lil rascals....it kinda fits the style of their parenting, as much as I don't agree with it because I'm an anxious helicopter mom sometimes lol....it can be a bit refreshing seeing the carefree old style of parenting. I fed cringe though with safety issues, because back in the days people weren't educated...now there is no excuse.

dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I'm sorry but this is just not a good look. :( I hate the eyebrows and the lashes. Image

Oh my word, my first though when I saw this was Yzma from Emperor's New Groove.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Ugh. I too wish Bonnie would've listened to the professional. But, they're her eyebrows of course, so I'm glad she's happy with them (even if I think she looks like someone who is the product of a sharpie eyebrow tattoo job before 'microblading' was a thing Image).

But, I would just like to put this out there... makeup, fake nails, microblading, etc. are all personal choices. And, as women (and decent human beings in general...), we should all support one another's personal choices as long as it is something another women (or man) is doing for herself (or himself..). If someone feels the need to make improvements on themselves for someone ELSE, then I understand having something to say about it. But, to criticize a woman for doing things that make her feel better about herself (as far as we know)... no. Just, no. That shit needs to stop.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

^^^ ugh too late to edit my typo but...I know the difference between "woman" and "women"... I promise. ;)
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

LydiaE wrote: Never apologize for using the English language correctly! 'Transvestite' is a long established word meaning the act of wearing clothing designated to the opposite sex.

Don't let social justice warriors use negative emotions to purposely dilute and alter our language!
Yikes... Do you also believe in continuing the use of the "F-word" (in relation to homosexuals), or the "N-word", according your ideology???

Please, wake up.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like Bonnie's eyebrows. I like Ellie's too! I don't think they look too dark. Both of their eyebrows look almost exactly how they usually do them. Maybe I don't have a very good attention to detail.

I actually like the attention Bonnie pays to her appearance, even if she's more extreme than I could ever be. Watching her has encouraged me to actually make an effort to look pretty. Just because I'm a mother of small children doesn't mean I have to look like a mess!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

My issue with Bonnie is all that personal upkeep of appearance TAKES HOURS almost every week! I guess she's lucky she doesn't have to work, so she has that luxury time to spend in salons, etc. But she also has FOUR kids and lately it seems like Joel is the parent at home. It totally seems like overkill to me.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

ewokfan11 wrote:My issue with Bonnie is all that personal upkeep of appearance TAKES HOURS almost every week! I guess she's lucky she doesn't have to work, so she has that luxury time to spend in salons, etc. But she also has FOUR kids and lately it seems like Joel is the parent at home. It totally seems like overkill to me.
I do get a little jealous of how much time she can spend on her appearance. She used to vlog herself getting ready while watching the kids, but she doesn't have to do that anymore because Joel is home.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Ehh don't be jealous half the time she's all dolled up while her children are still running around in their footy pajamas.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Well, she has fake hair, eyelashes, nails, and now brows. I can't take her too terribly long to do the type of make up look she's been wearing lately. But i will say, she's not looking as good as she used to. But if she's happy, that's great. We don't have to see it in the mirror.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don't exactly think her routine is taking hours of quality time away from her children every week, but even if it did, I don't see why anyone cares. She doesn't go out doing anything else really, and beauty is her hobby. Moms need time to themselves as well. A few hours a week is fine. She's with the kids the rest of the time, so much so, that it's still a big deal when she is out of the house for the day. No one would care if it were a dad that was gone a few times a week.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't exactly think her routine is taking hours of quality time away from her children every week, but even if it did, I don't see why anyone cares. She doesn't go out doing anything else really, and beauty is her hobby. Moms need time to themselves as well. A few hours a week is fine. She's with the kids the rest of the time, so much so, that it's still a big deal when she is out of the house for the day. No one would care if it were a dad that was gone a few times a week.
Yep agree. She literally does nothing else but spend time with her family!

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Before I forget, because I don't think it was mentioned...

At Olivia's recital! Jennifer interjecting, "and her grandma!" When the teacher was introducing Olivia and saying how she loves the family and also taught her mother to play... total second-hand embarrassment to see a grown woman seeking attention like that. I nearly thought it was Ellie in the crowd yelling.

Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

ewokfan11 wrote:My issue with Bonnie is all that personal upkeep of appearance TAKES HOURS almost every week! I guess she's lucky she doesn't have to work, so she has that luxury time to spend in salons, etc. But she also has FOUR kids and lately it seems like Joel is the parent at home. It totally seems like overkill to me.
I totally agree about Joel, also could not believe my eyes that they showed the names of the other children in the recital. I would be so mad if that was my child in the program.

You would think with two parents not working, someone could fix a healthy breakfast instead of candy cereal and cookies.

Also cannot believe people ask her for parenting advice as they watch her put her almost two year old down with a bottle.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Oh my god Lincoln in the thumbnail [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

On the transvestite topic:

There is a difference between using tranvestite as a slur toward a transgendered/misgendered person or using it to describe a legitimate transvestite. For example, the comedian/actor Eddie Izzard is a transvestite (self described.) He is a straight male who is comfortable in/likes to wear stereotypically female clothing. Drag queens are (typically) gay men who dress and women for entertainment (Drag Kings are the opposite, women in men's clothing.)

I don't believe the original poster was intending to use it as a slur since they acknowledged that the term would gain a certain reaction.

Since someone used the example of the N-word, why is it okay for members of the black/AA to call each other a form of that word but if I (as a straight, white woman) use it, it's racist? Seems like a double standard to me.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

angelfire89 wrote:On the transvestite topic:

There is a difference between using tranvestite as a slur toward a transgendered/misgendered person or using it to describe a legitimate transvestite. For example, the comedian/actor Eddie Izzard is a transvestite (self described.) He is a straight male who is comfortable in/likes to wear stereotypically female clothing. Drag queens are (typically) gay men who dress and women for entertainment (Drag Kings are the opposite, women in men's clothing.)

I don't believe the original poster was intending to use it as a slur since they acknowledged that the term would gain a certain reaction.

Since someone used the example of the N-word, why is it okay for members of the black/AA to call each other a form of that word but if I (as a straight, white woman) use it, it's racist? Seems like a double standard to me.
A word that has been used to hurt groups of people becomes dirty. That's just how it is. I'm sorry, but do you really think the word transvestite isn't used in a negative connotation? It's like the word "retarded" or the N word. They have been used so derogatorily that their meaning has now shifted to become an insult. These words are not so important to our vocabulary that we cannot learn to be more sensitive. I didn't flame the OP, just cautioned them that "drag queen" was enough and is a more positive and accepted term so they don't inadvertently "step in it" on another forum. Their point was Bonnie looked like a male dressed as a female. Sexual orientation in this case is irrelevant, so transvestite was an unnecessary word. I don't think most people know the specifics of each word, just that "tranny" is a negative connotation.

I don't understand why people fight so hard to hold onto words that can hurt. I get that being PC can go overboard, but I don't feel this is reaching too far.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 11ed37.jpg[/img]
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

^^^ Thank youuu, HS! My point exactly. Whatever the "definition" of these words may technically be, if they have become offensive or slandering in any way, they should be avoided. Period.

I think the case with OP was handled well, and no harm was done. I would just like to clarify that that occurrence was not the source of the problem here...
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Crossdresser is a better term. I don't care what Eddie Izzard does or calls himself, transvestite is an offensive and antiquated term. He doesn't get to say that a word is okay for a group of people that he doesn't even belong to, and even then, it's a hurtful word to many people. If this Eddie guy is a straight male then he could never possibly understand the struggles that trans people face daily and he doesn't get to decide what is and isn't offensive to them

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”