E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I'm all for learning a new skill or improving on one. However, we suspect that Ellie has some mental health problems including possible disordered eating. But yeah, handwriting is what she should focus on.

But go Jackson with your ABCs!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Oh please. She's not trying to better herself, she mentioned how jealous she was of her sisters' handwriting. She just wants to make sure she is the best Griffiths girl.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

There's a great line from Downton Abbey, which has really nothing to do with Ellie wanting to improve her handwriting, yet in some ways (at least to me) everything to do with Ellie wanting to improve her handwriting. The very well-to-do Mary says of her education: "All we were taught was French, prejudice, and dance steps". Somehow, I was immediately reminded of this when I heard of Ellie's new 'goal'. I guess I just feel like there are other opportunities, educational or otherwise, that she might benefit from over handwriting classes. Am I an awful person?

(I should add that I speak, read, and write French fluently and don't think it's a waste of time or education, nor do I think dance is worthless either, but that's not really the point, is it? ;) )
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

natalka81 wrote:There's a great line from Downton Abbey, which has really nothing to do with Ellie wanting to improve her handwriting, yet in some ways (at least to me) everything to do with Ellie wanting to improve her handwriting. The very well-to-do Mary says of her education: "All we were taught was French, prejudice, and dance steps". Somehow, I was immediately reminded of this when I heard of Ellie's new 'goal'. I guess I just feel like there are other opportunities, educational or otherwise, that she might benefit from over handwriting classes. Am I an awful person?

(I should add that I speak, read, and write French fluently and don't think it's a waste of time or education, nor do I think dance is worthless either, but that's not really the point, is it? ;) )
Downtown Abbey...Yes!

Thank you, all I could think was that this reminded me of a historical period female, but couldn't think who. I kept thinking Amy March from Little Women, but that wasn't quite it.

DA is definitely more recent Image
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Ellie: "Okay Jackson, this is the letter 'B'. It makes a 'buh' sound. Buh-buh-buh. Can you think of a word that starts with a 'buh' sound?

Jackson: "Buh-buh-bitch. You're a bitch."

Jared: "Yaa-hoo that's it son!! Good job Jackson! See Ellie, he's learning! Oh and WOW! Look at your letters! *shakes head in amazement* I am just SO gosh darn proud of you two!!!"

Calvin: *screeches obnoxiously*

Ellie: *looks at Calvin in awe* "Ugh. Jackson, why can't you be more like your perfect brother. Image"
allurella
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by allurella »

pdxmama3 wrote:Did anyone else notice around 15:54 that it seemed like they put Jackson in the corner? You can see him out of focus in the corner by the stairs and cabinet with his nose in the corner.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 18bb1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes! i noticed that, it started at like 12:24... and he was there for a while, so obviously not playing. i tried writing a post about it too, but it never showed up :? i feel so bad for him if it was because of his goofing around with the words. looked like it was right after that.
allurella
Amateur
Amateur

I tried posting this yesterday but it never showed up! Weird.. anyways, I'm just reposting it now:

Okay, I've been lurking on here for a few days and now I just had to write something!

I've been LOVING E+J for many months now, but got very tired of their vlogs for a while, then started watching again. Then I found this site after googling about their religion and, I hope I'm not offending any mormons on here now, but I got so creeped out by everything I read and watched about the Mormon church. I'm not religious at all, so that might be some of it, but still... That they don't recognize mental illnesses as an illness, that they believe that people are born gay but that they should suppress it.. anyways...

I watched todays vlog and it's so sad to see that Ellie probably had a big mental problem, she doesn't look good or sound good at all... apart from how she normally is, she is just sad. She said so many times that "maybe this will make me happy" about the handwriting thing :( She obviously should see a professional...

Also, did you guys spot Jackson in the background? It looked like he was in time out or something, I bet it was a mistake to leave it in as it was Jared who was talking but you can clearly see him in the background standing in the corner of the stairs for a loong time... definitely not playing or anything. It's weird that they left in his "punishment" without addressing it on camera. It's in todays vlog from 12:26... it's just after he was joking around with the letter writing... if that was considered bad I feel so sad for him. What do you guys think??
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Nothing wrong with sending a kid to the corner....but it's Jackson we're talking about here. That kid probably spends double time in the corner because someone's gotta be sent to time out, and it's definitely not going to be Calvin.
allurella
Amateur
Amateur

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Nothing wrong with sending a kid to the corner....but it's Jackson we're talking about here. That kid probably spends double time in the corner because someone's gotta be sent to time out, and it's definitely not going to be Calvin.
Yeah, exactly. And the fact that they left it in the vlog in the background was probably a mistake, since they didn't address it in any way... they just continued on with the vlog like nothing happened. I thought she seemed quite annoyed with him when he was joking about the words, while J was just laughing away. If that was punished with a time out at least I find that a bit harsh.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

allurella wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Nothing wrong with sending a kid to the corner....but it's Jackson we're talking about here. That kid probably spends double time in the corner because someone's gotta be sent to time out, and it's definitely not going to be Calvin.
Yeah, exactly. And the fact that they left it in the vlog in the background was probably a mistake, since they didn't address it in any way... they just continued on with the vlog like nothing happened. I thought she seemed quite annoyed with him when he was joking about the words, while J was just laughing away. If that was punished with a time out at least I find that a bit harsh.
His handwriting probably looked better than hers, so she sent him to the corner out of spite. Image
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

OT, but...
I have a theory about why they spend so much $$ on themselves, while hardly ever splurging on the kids, as well as why they do the whole ridiculous "birthday month" celebration... my guess is they were treated in a similar way growing up (b/c money was tight for their parents, w/ 5 kids each). Now that they're older & can afford things, they go about spoiling themselves, but not the kids, having the mentality that J&C can do the same when they're older & have families of their own. It doesn't make it right, by any means-- especially since they only have 2 kids (at the moment), & can CERTAINLY afford to give the kids more than 1 toy & outfit each, but it _could_ shed some light on why they do what they do....?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

So she is laying in bed depressed and the improvement she comes up with is handwriting? Because handwriting is used so often? What do we hand write these days other than to do lists or grocery lists? Or meeting notes? Totally useless. Obviously she thinks it will make her look better and takes no brain power. They don't even teach cursive in school anymore.

Then even watching it, why are her sheets so big? Isn't the point of large letters for young children because they don't have the fine motor skills to write small. As they learn the fine motor skills the letters get smaller. Why wouldn't she just buy lined paper or use lined paper that she already likely has around the house somewhere in a notebook?
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Middle names are also a regional thing. Plenty of places don't traditionally use middle names or use the mother's surname as a middle name. I have a middle name but my sister doesn't because her name is longer. It doesn't matter whether they have middle names or not, what's messed up is the Mecham reasoning.

Regarding a pregnancy announcement. There's a very high chance they'll say they were not ttcing but conceived a miraculous rainbow baby because women can be much more fertile after miscarriages. Image
There's no doubt they'll use "rainbow baby" to grab a new audience..
When they said "we wont be ttc this month" I instantly thought "Bullsh!t"
Im just calling it, is all.. :)
OR they'll find out at DBEJCK Summer Vaca
PookPook0307
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PookPook0307 »

WTFoxtrot wrote:OT, but...
I have a theory about why they spend so much $$ on themselves, while hardly ever splurging on the kids, as well as why they do the whole ridiculous "birthday month" celebration... my guess is they were treated in a similar way growing up (b/c money was tight for their parents, w/ 5 kids each). Now that they're older & can afford things, they go about spoiling themselves, but not the kids, having the mentality that J&C can do the same when they're older & have families of their own. It doesn't make it right, by any means-- especially since they only have 2 kids (at the moment), & can CERTAINLY afford to give the kids more than 1 toy & outfit each, but it _could_ shed some light on why they do what they do....?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I agree with this, its what I figure also. The biggest issue for me though about how E&J spend on themselves vs the kids is that the kids are the only reason they even have all this money.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

The course that Ellie was taking looks more like a hand lettering class than just handwriting. Like learning how to make the fancy letters you see on chalkboard signs ect. I don't think Ellie exactly understands. Is she wanting to just work on her everyday handwriting or is she wanting to get artistic with it? I'm very confused with her end goal here. That course isn't exactly designed to give you good everyday penmanship, although it won't hurt... its about fancy lettering. So either shes taking the wrong course or shes very bad at explaining what she is wanting out of this. Personally, i would love to take a hand lettering course like Ellie is doing, not to better my penmanship, but to learn how to draw beautiful, fancy hand lettering.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gopedjane wrote:So she is laying in bed depressed and the improvement she comes up with is handwriting? Because handwriting is used so often? What do we hand write these days other than to do lists or grocery lists? Or meeting notes? Totally useless. Obviously she thinks it will make her look better and takes no brain power. They don't even teach cursive in school anymore.

Then even watching it, why are her sheets so big? Isn't the point of large letters for young children because they don't have the fine motor skills to write small. As they learn the fine motor skills the letters get smaller. Why wouldn't she just buy lined paper or use lined paper that she already likely has around the house somewhere in a notebook?
I have taught my kids cursive at home!!! That huge paper and the style of letters she was drawing is what makes me think she has no clue what she is doing!!! That's not regular handwriting!
allurella
Amateur
Amateur

Playsinrain wrote:The course that Ellie was taking looks more like a hand lettering class than just handwriting. Like learning how to make the fancy letters you see on chalkboard signs ect. I don't think Ellie exactly understands. Is she wanting to just work on her everyday handwriting or is she wanting to get artistic with it? I'm very confused with her end goal here. That course isn't exactly designed to give you good everyday penmanship, although it won't hurt... its about fancy lettering. So either shes taking the wrong course or shes very bad at explaining what she is wanting out of this. Personally, i would love to take a hand lettering course like Ellie is doing, not to better my penmanship, but to learn how to draw beautiful, fancy hand lettering.
I just don't think she understands what she signed up for, because she's clearly talking about handwriting when comparing herself with her sisters. She just wants something to make her happy, as she said... which a therapist would be good for but hey, let's try with hand lettering first :roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

allurella wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:The course that Ellie was taking looks more like a hand lettering class than just handwriting. Like learning how to make the fancy letters you see on chalkboard signs ect. I don't think Ellie exactly understands. Is she wanting to just work on her everyday handwriting or is she wanting to get artistic with it? I'm very confused with her end goal here. That course isn't exactly designed to give you good everyday penmanship, although it won't hurt... its about fancy lettering. So either shes taking the wrong course or shes very bad at explaining what she is wanting out of this. Personally, i would love to take a hand lettering course like Ellie is doing, not to better my penmanship, but to learn how to draw beautiful, fancy hand lettering.
I just don't think she understands what she signed up for, because she's clearly talking about handwriting when comparing herself with her sisters. She just wants something to make her happy, as she said... which a therapist would be good for but hey, let's try with hand lettering first :roll:
Hobbies are great and if Ellie wants to learn hand lettering then i think thats perfectly fine, but it just shows her complete dust for brains that she can't differentiate the two.. She is amazingly dense.
Erin1215
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Erin1215 »

Just watched today's vlog and I rarely post anything here but for crying out loud, can they please get those boys some tennis shoes to play outside in instead of those awful, bulky rain boots. I mean honest to God there is not a damn cloud in the sky. I don't know why this irks me so much but it's so annoying to me.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Didn't Ellie buy a couple hundred dollars worth of paint supplies not too long ago? She said she was going to get into/better herself at that too...didn't seem to last long.

Also, about the pregnancy speculations: I would be surprised if they had a Father's Day announcement... but, I wouldn't be surprised if they conceived during the DBEJCK trip (I refuse to type "vacay" anymore lol. Too cringey). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan for all 3 couples. What a publicity stunt that would be.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”