C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And Katie did BLW with Gaines, right? Doesn't make sense that she went from that to being so picky. Ollie used to eat all kinds of stuff too, when Missy made his baby food, and I honestly think they just take the easy way out, although cooking two meals doesn't really seem like "easy" to me. I don't understand why so many vloggers don't eat dinner together.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Caisflame »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:For all the crap people give the bumps about their kids diet Gaines is just as bad if not worse. Eggo waffle for breakfast (sometimes toaster strudel) uncrustable for dinner or lunch box of Oreos on the table so I'm sure she got some of those as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People give c&k a lot of crap about it here too. There was just a big argument over it that went on for about a week, talking about how they serve Gaines unhealthy foods and then make a good dinner for themselves after she and Brooks are asleep.
Nuna
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Nuna »

Am I the only one that reads the endless diet talk on these boards and wonders what people are actually eating?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Nuna wrote:Am I the only one that reads the endless diet talk on these boards and wonders what people are actually eating?
No.

My coworker preaches Veganism like it's the best thing ever and then sneaks cheesecake on the DL every time she goes to the cafe.

I imagine there's at least some of that going on from time to time here. People know how to eat healthy, but I don't think everyone is doing it.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Most people I know, including my own family do not eat what most youtubers seem to eat on a regular basis. Not only is all that processed, frozen, prepackaged food terrible for you, it's also typically more expensive than making your own meals.

I purposely don't buy prepackaged or heavily processed food, candy, chips, etc because not only is it terrible for you, if it was in my house I would eat it all because I have terrible self control when it comes to food. I shop the perimeter of the grocery store, and try to avoid even walking past those types of foods. The temptation is real!

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

askeptichere wrote:Most people I know, including my own family do not eat what most youtubers seem to eat on a regular basis. Not only is all that processed, frozen, prepackaged food terrible for you, it's also typically more expensive than making your own meals.

I purposely don't buy prepackaged or heavily processed food, candy, chips, etc because not only is it terrible for you, if it was in my house I would eat it all because I have terrible self control when it comes to food. I shop the perimeter of the grocery store, and try to avoid even walking past those types of foods. The temptation is real!

I agree. We don't buy junk. Yea my kid has the occasional cookie or lollipop (mostly after the doctors) but nothing like the kids on YouTube.

My son is picky but he eats with us and for the most part he eats what we eat. I always make sure to include things in our meals that I know he liked and we always have a backup just in case. The rule is you at least have to try it, if you don't like it, there's always something else.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I admit, my kids loved boxed mac and cheese, and acted like I was trying to poison them if I made it from scratch. But we ate dinner together, ate lots of pasta, chicken, rice, and vegetables. We don't keep cookies or chips in the house anymore unless my son is home from school. We sometimes had breakfast for dinner, but it was homemade pancakes or waffles. Quesadillas and turkey tacos were also big with us. No, I am not perfect,not by a long shot, but even working, I managed to feed my picky Asperger's son healthy food and eat with my kids. I can cut them slack for having a cluttered house, but not trash on the floor,and with both parents at home, giving the kids uncrustables and easy mac is not good.
Those "picky" kids are just spoiled. You don't know picky until you have dealt with Asperger's.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I admit, my kids loved boxed mac and cheese, and acted like I was trying to poison them if I made it from scratch. But we ate dinner together, ate lots of pasta, chicken, rice, and vegetables. We don't keep cookies or chips in the house anymore unless my son is home from school. We sometimes had breakfast for dinner, but it was homemade pancakes or waffles. Quesadillas and turkey tacos were also big with us. No, I am not perfect,not by a long shot, but even working, I managed to feed my picky Asperger's son healthy food and eat with my kids. I can cut them slack for having a cluttered house, but not trash on the floor,and with both parents at home, giving the kids uncrustables and easy mac is not good.
Those "picky" kids are just spoiled. You don't know picky until you have dealt with Asperger's.

Yep. Mom to a son with Autism, and while he is a great eater, there are kids in his class that will literally only eat 5 or so things. And that's an improvement that took months of therapy.

You are 100% right. These YouTube kids are not picky. They are spoiled.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

The end of today's vlog had me laughing harder than I have in a long time. Katie getting Gaines to think her legs didn't work was classic, and then the "we can't bang" thing. Loved it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I admit, my kids loved boxed mac and cheese, and acted like I was trying to poison them if I made it from scratch. But we ate dinner together, ate lots of pasta, chicken, rice, and vegetables. We don't keep cookies or chips in the house anymore unless my son is home from school. We sometimes had breakfast for dinner, but it was homemade pancakes or waffles. Quesadillas and turkey tacos were also big with us. No, I am not perfect,not by a long shot, but even working, I managed to feed my picky Asperger's son healthy food and eat with my kids. I can cut them slack for having a cluttered house, but not trash on the floor,and with both parents at home, giving the kids uncrustables and easy mac is not good.

Yep. Mom to a son with Autism, and while he is a great eater, there are kids in his class that will literally only eat 5 or so things. And that's an improvement that took months of therapy.

You are 100% right. These YouTube kids are not picky. They are spoiled.

Exactly. I just don't get how a kid that started out with BLW, eating everything, suddenly becomes "picky". Seems like it's because they start letting them decide what to eat, and of course it's going to be mac and cheese and chicken nuggets.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Once the first birthday comes, and they do a cake smash, it's like the flood gates open to all the kid junk food.

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Nuna wrote:Am I the only one that reads the endless diet talk on these boards and wonders what people are actually eating?
I like to think of it as food nazi talk. It drives me bonkers....
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I just find the uncrustables irksome. The easiest and quickest thing you can make, but they buy it frozen. Why?
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I was watching The DeFranco Fam vlog yesterday, Lindsey actually made Trey a PBJ. It was refreshing to see, which is kind of sad.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sarai wrote:I just find the uncrustables irksome. The easiest and quickest thing you can make, but they buy it frozen. Why?
I seriously think it's product placement. They say the name almost every time they serve them.
And maybe we're food Nazis, but the "C&K are the best parents _ever_" refrain gets old when I see them feeding her crap. Especially when there's just no excuse.

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sarai wrote:I just find the uncrustables irksome. The easiest and quickest thing you can make, but they buy it frozen. Why?
I seriously think it's product placement. They say the name almost every time they serve them.
And maybe we're food Nazis, but the "C&K are the best parents _ever_" refrain gets old when I see them feeding her crap. Especially when there's just no excuse.

I don't think anybody really thinks they're the best parents ever, but they're normal, average, likable parents and unfortunately in the YouTube world that's pretty amazing!
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Part of the "best parents" also comes from seeing how DB and E&J are with their kids, its nice to see parents that give attention to both kids and actually try to teach their kids things. They aren't without their faults either though, nobody is, there is no such thing as a perfect human.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Liking a You Tuber doesn't mean you worship them. I like my friends, but that doesn't mean I can't see their faults. C&K appreciate their children and clearly love them. I don't think anyone thinks they are perfect parents (no one is!), but they definitely aren't bad ones.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Liking a You Tuber doesn't mean you worship them. I like my friends, but that doesn't mean I can't see their faults. C&K appreciate their children and clearly love them. I don't think anyone thinks they are perfect parents (no one is!), but they definitely aren't bad ones.
Oh, I don't think they're bad parents at all. Actually, overall, I think they're pretty good. They do try. And they've done a spectacular job with Gaines' verbal development. And I do know that in comparison with a lot of other YouTubers they're amazing. But the fact is that they've gotten lazy about feeding, and everything else they do right doesn't change that. I don't believe people think they're perfect, but they do get wide latitude on things.
I'm done. I don't hate them, although everyone knows​ I can only take Cullen in small doses, lol. I just had to respond to the "food Nazis" comment.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Liking a You Tuber doesn't mean you worship them. I like my friends, but that doesn't mean I can't see their faults. C&K appreciate their children and clearly love them. I don't think anyone thinks they are perfect parents (no one is!), but they definitely aren't bad ones.
Oh, I don't think they're bad parents at all. Actually, overall, I think they're pretty good. They do try. And they've done a spectacular job with Gaines' verbal development. And I do know that in comparison with a lot of other YouTubers they're amazing. But the fact is that they've gotten lazy about feeding, and everything else they do right doesn't change that. I don't believe people think they're perfect, but they do get wide latitude on things.
I'm done. I don't hate them, although everyone knows​ I can only take Cullen in small doses, lol. I just had to respond to the "food Nazis" comment.

They get wide latitude on the things they do right. I'm not going to condemn them for the areas they lack in if they are few and far between.

Diet is important, but it isn't everything for me. I would rather see a child taken care of emotionally and fed junk, than see one fed a strict and healthy diet, but dismissed and controlled. After all, I was raised in a time when Koolaide and Tang were still considered juice so I find it hard to believe that children are ruined by a poor diet. I'm shocked that DB will give their toddler a frappucino, but juice and fruit snacks don't surprise me as much as everyone else.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”