C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

My opinion with decor is.... it's their house and I don't have to like it. It's just important that they do.

Liking the decor of a YTers home doesn't make them easier to watch anyway. Ellie's ice place has a colour palette that I really like, but it hasn't helped their vlogs any. Same for DB. Actually, I liked DB better back when they were renting!

Everyone has a different style. There is no right or wrong way to decorate. Flow is nice, but I'm sure there are some people who enjoy a hodgepodge too. I just hope whatever C&K do they are happy with it, and don't complain and redo it over and over again for vlog content.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

I am really surprised that Cullen didn't use Gaines' bloody tongue as the thumbnail with a clickbait title. "TODDLER BITES HOLE IN TONGUE!!" Especially with the amount of times he asked her to show him her tongue while filming. Poor girl.

I love party planning. They're really going all out for Kelly's 40th. She's lucky to have Dolly and Katie to throw such a thoughtful party. Looking forward to tomorrow's vlog to see how it all turns out.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Today's vlog was also sponsored as well.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:My opinion with decor is.... it's their house and I don't have to like it. It's just important that they do.

Liking the decor of a YTers home doesn't make them easier to watch anyway. Ellie's ice place has a colour palette that I really like, but it hasn't helped their vlogs any. Same for DB. Actually, I liked DB better back when they were renting!

Everyone has a different style. There is no right or wrong way to decorate. Flow is nice, but I'm sure there are some people who enjoy a hodgepodge too. I just hope whatever C&K do they are happy with it, and don't complain and redo it over and over again for vlog content.
While I agree that it doesn't really matter, I also enjoy hearing other people's opinions on it, and what their ideas might be. I personally have struggled with decorating, because I was a nomad in my twenties, and my ex and I didn't see a point in spending a lot on really nice furniture when our kids were little. And now that they're bigger, I can't really afford it. I also love looking at houses on Zillow when we know vloggers are house shopping and speculating on what they might buy.
Sorry for going so far OT! Maybe I should join a decorating forum instead, lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

askeptichere wrote:I like the idea of the mirror wall, but something about was off about it, and I can't figure out what.

This probably bothers me because I'm super jealous, but do they ever go a full week without someone taking Gaines for at least one day? I'm a SAHM, and unless I pay a babysitter (rarely), or plan with one of the grandparents weeks in advance for a night out with my husband, I have my kids all the time. 2 stay at home parents that have family living extremely nearby, Grand Dolly days, and Kelly to take Gaines and/or Brooks at the drop of a hat.
I agree, I think the wall wasn't balanced well and the slim mirror should hang horizontally imo, preferably next to the window and high (but on the same wall, I don't mean on the window wall) so that outside can reflect inside, maybe trees. Maybe the mirror that is hanging there now could be switched with the slim mirror, or the slim mirror could go above the fire place and be switched with the round mirror. It may be a nice idea (not really original), but I think it was done too simplistically. For me the slim mirror should at least be horizontal.

Aww, I wish I could help you with your kids.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

askeptichere wrote:I am really surprised that Cullen didn't use Gaines' bloody tongue as the thumbnail with a clickbait title. "TODDLER BITES HOLE IN TONGUE!!" Especially with the amount of times he asked her to show him her tongue while filming. Poor girl.

I love party planning. They're really going all out for Kelly's 40th. She's lucky to have Dolly and Katie to throw such a thoughtful party. Looking forward to tomorrow's vlog to see how it all turns out.
"TODDLER SWALLOWS OWN TONG!!!!"
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lovingthisforum wrote:
askeptichere wrote:I am really surprised that Cullen didn't use Gaines' bloody tongue as the thumbnail with a clickbait title. "TODDLER BITES HOLE IN TONGUE!!" Especially with the amount of times he asked her to show him her tongue while filming. Poor girl.

Especially since he used "Is it Bleeding?" When Brooks barely scratched her. I didn't mind when he used her rash because it was really all over her, and did take up a few minutes of the vlog. But using a two seconds-long scene of basically high drama toddler sibling rivalry,, when there was plenty of other cute things he could have used, I just wonder what Gaines is going to think when she's older and sees all these "ugly crying" thumbnails.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:

Especially since he used "Is it Bleeding?" When Brooks barely scratched her. I didn't mind when he used her rash because it was really all over her, and did take up a few minutes of the vlog. But using a two seconds-long scene of basically high drama toddler sibling rivalry,, when there was plenty of other cute things he could have used, I just wonder what Gaines is going to think when she's older and sees all these "ugly crying" thumbnails.

These two are very good parents in most ways but they really don't help Gaines fears and when she falls and gets hurt they coddle her for several minutes.

My dad used to just tell me "rub a little dirt on it and you'll be fine." To this day I have a high pain tolerance. I have done the same with my kids, a quick hug and check to make sure they are ok and then send them on their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote: "TODDLER SWALLOWS OWN TONG!!!!"

These two are very good parents in most ways but they really don't help Gaines fears and when she falls and gets hurt they coddle her for several minutes.

My dad used to just tell me "rub a little dirt on it and you'll be fine." To this day I have a high pain tolerance. I have done the same with my kids, a quick hug and check to make sure they are ok and then send them on their way.

My dad was the same with bugs. He'd say "aww, it won't eat much", so I felt silly freaking out over a little bug. He also told me how exciting storms were when he was at sea, (Navy man) so I grew to love thunderstorms too. Her reaction to Brooks scratching her was way OTT. She also screeched and ran over his hand (or at least tried to) when he grabbed at her bike one time. Yeah, kids are going to overreact to things, and it's absolutely normal, and commiserating with "baby brother problems" is appropriate to a point. You want to validate her feelings, because yeah, it is ok to be mad because your little brother is scratching you or grabbing at your bike, but she's got the vocabulary to use her words, and screeching and having a total meltdown aren't behaviors you want to reward. If they want to have more kids, Gaines is going to have a hard time sharing the attention. Was Cullen asleep on her bed at the time? He seems to fall asleep with his phone in his hand a lot. (Or at least, I have seen him napping with it in his hand a few times, anyway) I still don't get what it is with vloggers and napping. I have never seen so many people in their twenties and thirties napping so much! Ellie, Jared, Missy, Bryan, these guys, Jeff Johnson-- it's crazy.

Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

I don't get vloggers love for napping either. I always just see it as someone who's so uninterested in their life that they want to waste a few more house of their day by napping. Of course barring not having gotten a decent amount of sleep to begin with for reasonable reasons. But considering these vloggers don't do anything with their day and have nothing to look forward to, they don't see the need to go to sleep at a reasonable hour and then justify napping. It's well documented that if you're not being mentally and physically active, you're gonna be even more tired and bored leading to napping more.

Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

beautynoob wrote:Not that anyone cares but I LOVE ring! We bought the doorbell about a year ago and recently got two floodcams! They are really good products!

Is the door bell easy to install? We've been thinking about it. Our front door is down a long hall with a frosted window. We've been getting a lot of people trying to sell junk lately. But I also have a MIL, who I like, that stops by without calling or texting first.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

workfromhomemom wrote:
Nuna wrote:Am I the only one that reads the endless diet talk on these boards and wonders what people are actually eating?
I like to think of it as food nazi talk. It drives me bonkers....

I have a sister in law that likes to preach how healthy she feeds her kids; all organic, non GMO, no dairy, gluten free, low fat, low cal, and mainly veggie diet. Then goes on to post pictures on FaceBook of her "extreme couponing" of 4 packages of family sized Oreos, a bunch of bags of chips, hamburg helper, etc. Oh and they are always eating out at fast food.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

askeptichere wrote:I like the idea of the mirror wall, but something about was off about it, and I can't figure out what.

The wall was off to me because they have 3 square/rectangle mirrors that are black and the one silver, with the silver circle in the center. The silver square/rectangle (can't remember which shape it is) should be black to balance the wall.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

DarthMama wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:
Nuna wrote:Am I the only one that reads the endless diet talk on these boards and wonders what people are actually eating?
I like to think of it as food nazi talk. It drives me bonkers....

I have a sister in law that likes to preach how healthy she feeds her kids; all organic, non GMO, no dairy, gluten free, low fat, low cal, and mainly veggie diet. Then goes on to post pictures on FaceBook of her "extreme couponing" of 4 packages of family sized Oreos, a bunch of bags of chips, hamburg helper, etc. Oh and they are always eating out at fast food.
I absolutely get how hypocrisy could piss people off. It's one of the main things that makes me seethe about Sam and Nia. And I definitely don't mean to be a "sanctimommy" (I really hate that term) or imply that I am perfect. Because I definitely am not! I just don't see how two parents who are both at home can't do better.

DarthMama
Talker
Talker

lmmomSD wrote:
DarthMama wrote:
I absolutely get how hypocrisy could piss people off. It's one of the main things that makes me seethe about Sam and Nia. And I definitely don't mean to be a "sanctimommy" (I really hate that term) or imply that I am perfect. Because I definitely am not! I just don't see how two parents who are both at home can't do better.

My SIL is a sahm of 3 the youngest being almost 5 and oldest 11. She still doesn't cook. She likes having holidays at her house where in law's do all the cooking at her house. I'm a SAHM and admit we eat out a lot. But I also have kids that throw fits in produce of super markets. One of my kid's favorite foods is broccoli, and the other begs for peppers and carrots. Friday is Pizza and a Movie night in our home, both asked for a salad so we had that with our movie last night.
kellke12

Unread post by kellke12 »

Am I the only one that hates the teal decor accents??

beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

DarthMama wrote:
beautynoob wrote:Not that anyone cares but I LOVE ring! We bought the doorbell about a year ago and recently got two floodcams! They are really good products!

Is the door bell easy to install? We've been thinking about it. Our front door is down a long hall with a frosted window. We've been getting a lot of people trying to sell junk lately. But I also have a MIL, who I like, that stops by without calling or texting first.
Super easy! Took less than 30 mins to take out the old one and connect the ring.,Get the apps and all that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

lmmomSD wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Especially since he used "Is it Bleeding?" When Brooks barely scratched her. I didn't mind when he used her rash because it was really all over her, and did take up a few minutes of the vlog. But using a two seconds-long scene of basically high drama toddler sibling rivalry,, when there was plenty of other cute things he could have used, I just wonder what Gaines is going to think when she's older and sees all these "ugly crying" thumbnails.

My dad was the same with bugs. He'd say "aww, it won't eat much", so I felt silly freaking out over a little bug. He also told me how exciting storms were when he was at sea, (Navy man) so I grew to love thunderstorms too. Her reaction to Brooks scratching her was way OTT. She also screeched and ran over his hand (or at least tried to) when he grabbed at her bike one time. Yeah, kids are going to overreact to things, and it's absolutely normal, and commiserating with "baby brother problems" is appropriate to a point. You want to validate her feelings, because yeah, it is ok to be mad because your little brother is scratching you or grabbing at your bike, but she's got the vocabulary to use her words, and screeching and having a total meltdown aren't behaviors you want to reward. If they want to have more kids, Gaines is going to have a hard time sharing the attention. Was Cullen asleep on her bed at the time? He seems to fall asleep with his phone in his hand a lot. (Or at least, I have seen him napping with it in his hand a few times, anyway) I still don't get what it is with vloggers and napping. I have never seen so many people in their twenties and thirties napping so much! Ellie, Jared, Missy, Bryan, these guys, Jeff Johnson-- it's crazy.

Sorry for the long quote tree but I suck at editing them.
I would rather have them coddle her a bit when it comes to her fears than have Bryan and Missy who couldn't care less when Oliver was terrified of the ocean. Sure he's over it now, but it was pretty heartless to ignore him and invalidate his fears. They're just kids, they're allowed to have fears.
But totally agree they shouldn't let Gaines throw little tantrums because of Brooks. That's gonna set her up for being a spoiled sibling.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^ Exactly. I do think it's important to validate her feelings. And she should be able to say she's angry because Brooks scratched her. But the full on meltdown and getting rocked and cuddles, when he probably didn't really hurt her, is a bit much. But she is only 2 1/2, even if she has a vocabulary beyond that. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:^^ Exactly. I do think it's important to validate her feelings. And she should be able to say she's angry because Brooks scratched her. But the full on meltdown and getting rocked and cuddles, when he probably didn't really hurt her, is a bit much. But she is only 2 1/2, even if she has a vocabulary beyond that. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Siblings this age are very hard! My boys are around the same age gap as Gaines and Brooks (23 months apart) My oldest son was the same way as Gaines. Right when my youngest got mobile and stared walking and pinching/grabbing his older brother pulling hair and taking his toys he would have total meltdowns and even hit him. It's very important to handle this correctly or else the older child will totally resent the younger child. I am happy in a way that C&k film it and don't cut it out like missy and Bryan surely do and pretend that Finn and Ollie love each other.

My boys will now play together and wrestle at 19 months at 3.5. They even share toys. It took so much work. They do still fight at least once a day though. Lol

Return to “Cullen and Katie”