Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDesperateToGoViral Part 89

Unread post by yoyo16 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: I would agree except.... they are pandering to kids hard now. If they want to make this a kids channel, then I don't know if judging how revealing her outfits are is off the table. I mean, wouldn't you judge a teacher who wears clothing that is too revealing? It's like the TTC talk E&J do (and B&M have done), it's just totally inappropriate if you are pandering to children and realize that's now your primary audience. It really should be one or the other in my opinion.
I do agree that they have put themselves in this box, but it all comes down to parental supervision, don't think the content is child friendly? Then don't let your kids watch it! It's not Missy's fault that parents don't supervise what their kids watch. I would have never even noticed Missy's cleavage if it wasn't brought up. Kids don't notice stuff like that either until they are told it's not cool. Kids were too busy watching the nasty marshmallows in the tub. It goes back to the dead horse we all beat, don't let your kids have free reign on youtube.. (and actually i have had an issue with a teacher dressing inappropriately at school. But the reason i was pissed is bc my daughter had to wear school issued, dirty, unwashed from the last student(s) sweatshirt and pants TWICE bc once her bra strap fell down off her shoulder and the second time for wearing a sleeveless shirt that was, by the book, dress code approved. My issue is there is a dress code at school. If my 9 year old (at the time) can't show her shoulders then why exactly is it ok for one of the teachers to wear skin tight, sleeveless, mid thigh length, low cut body con dresses to school? My kid gets told she cant wear a tee shirt and Nike leggings to school but the teachers can dress like they going to the club?? Nah that doesn't sit right with me. If the teachers want to wear that outside of school then thats fine with me, but they should abide to the same dress code my kids have too.) Youtube doesn't have a dress code, so thats why it isn't an issue to me. I didn't think what missy had on was anything to bat an eye at.
The videos they are creating are clearly being produced for the YT Kids app. Parents don't feel the need to supervise what their kids watch on there because the name implies it's "kid friendly." Unfortunately, its not.
I always wondered if they're actually benefitting from the kids app. Aren't the videos on YT kids ad free? (which wouldn't have a benefit; no ads, no Adsense money)
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

Oh gag...cars 3 sponsored post on Bryan's IG it is a video...commercial...he made with Ollie for some car/toy they "got" at best buy. Ollie is super scripted in this one.
tessabravo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tessabravo »

I bet Bryan invited Bratayley over just for the satisfaction of getting views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

tessabravo wrote:I bet Bryan invited Bratayley over just for the satisfaction of getting views.

I have a feeling they invited a lot of the YouTube families that are in town for vidcon for their "big" pool party.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

yoyo16 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: I do agree that they have put themselves in this box, but it all comes down to parental supervision, don't think the content is child friendly? Then don't let your kids watch it! It's not Missy's fault that parents don't supervise what their kids watch. I would have never even noticed Missy's cleavage if it wasn't brought up. Kids don't notice stuff like that either until they are told it's not cool. Kids were too busy watching the nasty marshmallows in the tub. It goes back to the dead horse we all beat, don't let your kids have free reign on youtube.. (and actually i have had an issue with a teacher dressing inappropriately at school. But the reason i was pissed is bc my daughter had to wear school issued, dirty, unwashed from the last student(s) sweatshirt and pants TWICE bc once her bra strap fell down off her shoulder and the second time for wearing a sleeveless shirt that was, by the book, dress code approved. My issue is there is a dress code at school. If my 9 year old (at the time) can't show her shoulders then why exactly is it ok for one of the teachers to wear skin tight, sleeveless, mid thigh length, low cut body con dresses to school? My kid gets told she cant wear a tee shirt and Nike leggings to school but the teachers can dress like they going to the club?? Nah that doesn't sit right with me. If the teachers want to wear that outside of school then thats fine with me, but they should abide to the same dress code my kids have too.) Youtube doesn't have a dress code, so thats why it isn't an issue to me. I didn't think what missy had on was anything to bat an eye at.
The videos they are creating are clearly being produced for the YT Kids app. Parents don't feel the need to supervise what their kids watch on there because the name implies it's "kid friendly." Unfortunately, its not.
I always wondered if they're actually benefitting from the kids app. Aren't the videos on YT kids ad free? (which wouldn't have a benefit; no ads, no Adsense money)
There are ads.

A lot of creators are making bank off the kids app. The great thing about little ones is that they will watch videos over and over and over again. The more views a video has, the more appealing a channel is to sponsors too. Win-win. The only thing B&M stand to lose are the adult viewers and I doubt they care since these are the ones who may actually be critical of them.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I'm watching the vlog and the video up next is Missy's old video titled, "GETTING A DIVORCE!" which I presume is an old Q&A where she mentions their divorce. But why is it up next after this specific vlog? Did Bryan connect them somehow? Is this some sort of sign for the future? Should I be worried???? LOL
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Missy: What do you say, Ollie?

Ollie: Happy Father's Day.

Bryan: Happy- thank you.

I had to laugh at that! Who among us hasn't had that sort of slip up???? That was a real moment. Small, maybe insignificant, but real.
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

tintin15 wrote:I'm watching the vlog and the video up next is Missy's old video titled, "GETTING A DIVORCE!" which I presume is an old Q&A where she mentions their divorce. But why is it up next after this specific vlog? Did Bryan connect them somehow? Is this some sort of sign for the future? Should I be worried???? LOL
When I watched it the up next vlog was the one with the colorful pancakes.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Ducklings4 wrote:Katie did not IG anything for Cullen on Father's Day. I did see something on Ellie's IG and Missy's now who knows who actually posted them.

She made a list out of me and posted something today.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:Katie did not IG anything for Cullen on Father's Day. I did see something on Ellie's IG and Missy's now who knows who actually posted them.

She made a list out of me and posted something today.

Liar. She made a liar out of me.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

These assholes went to Jimmy's college graduation and spent their time posting on social media and playing video games. They think it's cute. Jerks. So disrespectful. Jimmy graduated from UC Riverside. He is probably going to be supporting them in a few years. They should have some respect.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

lmmomSD wrote:These assholes went to Jimmy's college graduation and spent their time posting on social media and playing video games. They think it's cute. Jerks. So disrespectful. Jimmy graduated from UC Riverside. He is probably going to be supporting them in a few years. They should have some respect.

Agree, they act like teenagers still. It was so rude, they should be embarrassed. Yes those ceremonies can be long but it's a big achievement that Jimmy actually worked hard for, act like an adult for once and let him have his moment. Missy is so selfish, the vlog is gonna be "that was soooo long, we are so exhausted" I don't even think I can watch cause it will annoy the hell out of me.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

Holy shit. They're short.Image

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Somebody save Jimmy and get him out of that family. He's a smart guy and could do well in life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

lmmomSD wrote:These assholes went to Jimmy's college graduation and spent their time posting on social media and playing video games. They think it's cute. Jerks. So disrespectful. Jimmy graduated from UC Riverside. He is probably going to be supporting them in a few years. They should have some respect.

Maybe this is a bit of jealousy and insecurity coming out on their part. For not going to college, or finishing college... I know they like to think they are highly successful now, but I just have to think somewhere deep down, they feel a little regret for not having invested their time and efforts into something worthwhile.

I had to laugh at Missy's little "Dr. Jimmy Hollister, PhD" joke. Just goes to show her lack of education and world experience. It's either "Dr." or "PhD" - not both Image Oh, Missy...

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I thought it was amusing when Mithy made a comment on the man behind them "how can he be on his phone right now?"
Is she even serious with that? I guess she telepathically sent all those Instagram posts. :wink: :-?
thatshortgirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by thatshortgirl »

KaterTot wrote:I thought it was amusing when Mithy made a comment on the man behind them "how can he be on his phone right now?"
Is she even serious with that? I guess she telepathically sent all those Instagram posts. :wink: :-?
I thought the same thing. I even too screen shots to say something about it. I used to love these people and now I can't stand them. Plus this photo of Bryan. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... eba870.png[/img]

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

They really are idiots. She thought he got his phd? You can hear Mimi say "he's a BS". Bryan singing was too much... just shows how auto tuned his stuff is. He was screeching. I hope jimmy gets away from that whole crowd. I'm not sure Cassie will ever graduate. I still don't believe Bryan ever went to ANY college. He got married too young and was working. I've always felt he was too lazy and unmotivated to attend. At least they didn't take the boys.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I'm still just relishing in the irony.

Bryan: "We don't like to talk about our donations cause it can come off wrong to a lot of people."

Also Bryan: "Omg look you guyyzzz! Look at this LONG receipt! We spent like $900!!"

Missy: "But like. Our donations are between us and God, guyz."

Ollie: ".....Mama can I has some mowre baftub ceweal?"
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

Selfish! It always has to be about her huh. Also, you can totally see what her body really looks like in that dress at the angles she is standing in the IG pics. Definitely not a prego belly...just a food one. Not body shaming, just pointing out that she is not what the minions have been speculating due to what they think the see when she is wearing all those loose unflattering tops.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan has tried to convince Jimmy to start a tech/gaming YouTube channel but he was too smart to go for the "easy money" idea. I can see Cassie was much easier to manipulate because she is young and needs money for college, so it probably wasn't hard to convince her.
I just hope Jimmy actually puts his degree to use and doesn't just settle on an average job just to pay the bills. He doesn't seem like the type (like Missy and Cassie) to just give up easily and settle for whatever but I do see his parents as the types to push him to "just work" till something better comes along.
Like others have said...he needs to get away from his family fast. He's too smart to get sucked in to the tomfoolery that is the hollister-lanning clan.

Return to “Daily Bumps”