C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They seem to think it's cute. Babies have drowned in toilets. That's why they make toilet locks. Gross.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I understand why they might not have a toilet lock. I imagine it would be difficult for Gaines to go to the bathroom alone, but they should be teaching her to close the door. Baby proofing the new house doesn't seem to be a priority. Their makeshift baby gate is what caused Gaines to bite her tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:They seem to think it's cute. Babies have drowned in toilets. That's why they make toilet locks. Gross.

Yep. Just like it's cute for Brooks and Gaines to play in the oven drawer. Even when it isn't on, kids need to be taught to not play with a freaking oven.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:They seem to think it's cute. Babies have drowned in toilets. That's why they make toilet locks. Gross.

Yep. Just like it's cute for Brooks and Gaines to play in the oven drawer. Even when it isn't on, kids need to be taught to not play with a freaking oven.
That didn't look like an oven drawer to me, just a regular drawer under the oven, those built in ovens don't have drawers like that and the one under them doesn't get hot. I don't think it's a big deal that they are playing with the pots and pans.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Brooks playing in the toilet is so gross. I agree that a toilet lock might not be the best idea with Gaines right now, but ya'll are right, she needs to be taught to close the door behind her and they need to close the door themselves.
I don't mind so much the makeshift bench as a baby gate, we had that same issue in our house (doors way too wide or spaces where there was no door to put a gate) and had to improvise. The bench didn't cause her to fall, the pillow she stood on caused the fall. Accidents happen, that one seemed innocent and faultless.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:

That didn't look like an oven drawer to me, just a regular drawer under the oven, those built in ovens don't have drawers like that and the one under them doesn't get hot. I don't think it's a big deal that they are playing with the pots and pans.
So when they're at Grand Dolly's, Kelly's, Grand Berry's, the beach house, or anywhere else that may have a working oven drawer that is or even isn't in use, they won't know not to play with it. Plus what will keep them from going from the drawer to pulling on the actual oven door? But they don't cook very often, so I guess it's ok?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote: Yep. Just like it's cute for Brooks and Gaines to play in the oven drawer. Even when it isn't on, kids need to be taught to not play with a freaking oven.
So when they're at Grand Dolly's, Kelly's, Grand Berry's, the beach house, or anywhere else that may have a working oven drawer that is or even isn't in use, they won't know not to play with it. Plus what will keep them from going from the drawer to pulling on the actual oven door? But they don't cook very often, so I guess it's ok?
Hopefully they are being taught not to touch the oven. There is a difference in an oven drawer and a drawer near an oven. They don't even look remotely the same. They can be taught the difference. I'm sure those things are off limits and they are taught as much. Kids playing in a drawer of pots and pans isn't an issue to me.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote: Hopefully they are being taught not to touch the oven. There is a difference in an oven drawer and a drawer near an oven. They don't even look remotely the same. They can be taught the difference. I'm sure those things are off limits and they are taught as much. Kids playing in a drawer of pots and pans isn't an issue to me.
Ok so I went back and watched the instastory because it seemed like we were talking about 2 different things. It does look like just a regular drawer under the oven. I was remembering it as being an oven drawer when I saw it yesterday. I agree with you now it's no big deal what they were doing in that instance.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Hopefully they are being taught not to touch the oven. There is a difference in an oven drawer and a drawer near an oven. They don't even look remotely the same. They can be taught the difference. I'm sure those things are off limits and they are taught as much. Kids playing in a drawer of pots and pans isn't an issue to me.
Ok so I went back and watched the instastory because it seemed like we were talking about 2 different things. It does look like just a regular drawer under the oven. I was remembering it as being an oven drawer when I saw it yesterday. I agree with you now it's no big deal what they were doing in that instance.
It's all good! :) Easily mistaken for a regular oven drawer! The only reason i noticed that it was a regular drawer is bc my parents have almost identical double ovens from the 80's like that lol. They have a small cabinet instead of a drawer there though, it was always full of things we were allowed to play with while mom was cooking. :)
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
It's all good! :) Easily mistaken for a regular oven drawer! The only reason i noticed that it was a regular drawer is bc my parents have almost identical double ovens from the 80's like that lol. They have a small cabinet instead of a drawer there though, it was always full of things we were allowed to play with while mom was cooking. :)
I think the only reason the instastory stuck out to me was because when my daughter learned to crawl I was constantly pulling her away from our oven drawer. I saw kids, an oven, and a drawer and had flashbacks to the month-long struggle of trying to teach her it wasn't a toy. Thanks for always being cool about disagreements!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote: Ok so I went back and watched the instastory because it seemed like we were talking about 2 different things. It does look like just a regular drawer under the oven. I was remembering it as being an oven drawer when I saw it yesterday. I agree with you now it's no big deal what they were doing in that instance.
I think the only reason the instastory stuck out to me was because when my daughter learned to crawl I was constantly pulling her away from our oven drawer. I saw kids, an oven, and a drawer and had flashbacks to the month-long struggle of trying to teach her it wasn't a toy. Thanks for always being cool about disagreements!
Oh lord, our biggest struggle was the entertainment center.. alllll day long everyyyyy day. pinched fingers even with cabinet locks, trying to pull up on the shelves, pushing buttons and wanting to pull cords. I almost lost my mind. lol! And you're welcome! Sometimes we might not see eye to eye but i try and respect that and disagreements/misunderstandings happen, I always try my damnedest to keep it civil. :)
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Have lots to catch up on and haven't watched the vlogs for a few days now but I did want to say I stole Katie's Father's Day DADDY picture idea, but for my 1 year old I did "DADA" and I'm a little biased, but I think it came out pretty darn cute!

Also, I saw the IG of Brooks at the toilet - GROSS!!! I don't even like going near a toilet unless I absolutely need to, even then I use a napkin to lift the lid up. Know how much germs are splattered when the toilet is flushed? Yuck. But hey, they walk around their house with shoes on & dogs walking around while Brooks crawls picking up who knows how many germs.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Have lots to catch up on and haven't watched the vlogs for a few days now but I did want to say I stole Katie's Father's Day DADDY picture idea, but for my 1 year old I did "DADA" and I'm a little biased, but I think it came out pretty darn cute!

Also, I saw the IG of Brooks at the toilet - GROSS!!! I don't even like going near a toilet unless I absolutely need to, even then I use a napkin to lift the lid up. Know how much germs are splattered when the toilet is flushed? Yuck. But hey, they walk around their house with shoes on & dogs walking around while Brooks crawls picking up who knows how many germs.
Wait... you don't think the dogs should be allowed in the house bc Brooks is crawling? They say they mop everyday.. I dont think the dogs should be banished to the outside..
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:Have lots to catch up on and haven't watched the vlogs for a few days now but I did want to say I stole Katie's Father's Day DADDY picture idea, but for my 1 year old I did "DADA" and I'm a little biased, but I think it came out pretty darn cute!

Wait... you don't think the dogs should be allowed in the house bc Brooks is crawling? They say they mop everyday.. I dont think the dogs should be banished to the outside..
Oh, I agree all pets are allowed inside but I'm also a germ-phobe so just knowing they're outside and come inside with a crawling baby grosses me out. :P
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Maybe I'm a little more lax on germs than i thought i was. LOL! The dogs don't bother me, and maybe thats bc both my kids grew up with all sorts of animals in the house, and other than normal sweeping, mopping and vacuuming i never was grossed out over the dogs being indoors with crawling babies. Maybe i have an issue with public germs more than our own. LOL i don't have an issue with my babies crawling on the floor with my dogs, but my kids aren't allowed to crawl around on public floors and things like indoor play places freak me out.. I'm just weird. Now the toilet thing grosses me out big time!!
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Why in Gods name did they mark on Brooks??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Strawberry26 wrote:Why in Gods name did they mark on Brooks??

I am sure Katie said the same thing off camera. When we were on vacation we used a babysitting service one night so we could go out to dinner w/o three kids 4 and under. We came back and the 4 and 2 1/2 year olds had drawn all over themselves. Then rolled around on the beach rental furniture. Marker was everywhere. Luckily the furniture had slipcovers so I could wash those. I called the service and complained they reimbursed us. The sitter said well at least they weren't running with scissors. Still annoys me to this day. Markers are always kept at the table/ easel in my home and classroom.

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Strawberry26 wrote:Why in Gods name did they mark on Brooks??

I am sure Katie said the same thing off camera. When we were on vacation we used a babysitting service one night so we could go out to dinner w/o three kids 4 and under. We came back and the 4 and 2 1/2 year olds had drawn all over themselves. Then rolled around on the beach rental furniture. Marker was everywhere. Luckily the furniture had slipcovers so I could wash those. I called the service and complained they reimbursed us. The sitter said well at least they weren't running with scissors. Still annoys me to this day. Markers are always kept at the table/ easel in my home and classroom.

It's like sometimes they just do things for the footage.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The whole vlog today... WHY!?

Clearly Cullen told Gaines to bring the markers upstairs to go get Brooks. That's a good way to teach your kids to write on things other than paper. What happens when they use a permanent marker? Or draw on the walls or furniture? Well, Daddy did it!

And I thought Brooks was just pulling up on the toilet. That's bad enough. Splashing and playing in the water brings it to a whole new level of EW! Just disgusting. And he took the time to vlog it AND take a picture for Instagram. Anything for views. Who cares if the baby gets E Coli.

At the beginning of the vlog I was just going to mention the nasty goop cheese sandwich for Gaines, but that takes a backseat to what happens when Cullen is left to solo parent. He mentioned a golf cart ride with Gaines. Why couldn't he have shown that instead?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And this is minor, but when Gaines asked why she needs the tops on the markers, how about "so they don't dry out?"
And the discussion about the London Broil-- "If I don't like it I'm going to spit it out" No, you'll swallow it. Spitting food out is not ok.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”