C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:And this is minor, but when Gaines asked why she needs the tops on the markers, how about "so they don't dry out?"
And the discussion about the London Broil-- "If I don't like it I'm going to spit it out" No, you'll swallow it. Spitting food out is not ok.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The way they ask Gaines if she'll try it won't make her any less of a picky eater. She obviously knows that all she has to do is spit out anything she hasn't had before, and she'll get mac n cheese, an uncrusutable, or whatever that orange spread in a jar was that she had on a sandwich today.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Is it the norm to have that much food crammed into a fridge/freezer/cupboard? She acted like they didn't have anything to eat in the house, so thank goodness for grocery delivery, but then is shoving food on top of piles of other food. I meal plan on Sundays, and do my grocery shopping for the week on Mondays. By then our fridge is pretty bare. Maybe she's shopping good sales?
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And this is minor, but when Gaines asked why she needs the tops on the markers, how about "so they don't dry out?"
And the discussion about the London Broil-- "If I don't like it I'm going to spit it out" No, you'll swallow it. Spitting food out is not ok.

The way they ask Gaines if she'll try it won't make her any less of a picky eater. She obviously knows that all she has to do is spit out anything she hasn't had before, and she'll get mac n cheese, an uncrusutable, or whatever that orange spread in a jar was that she had on a sandwich today.
Probably pimento cheese, it's a southern staple.

And, I'm glad that Katie is making sure that Gaines at least tries new foods! Obviously they don't feed Gaines the best diet, so I'm glad that they at least make her try it. And also how are you going to prevent a 2.5 year old from spitting out something she doesn't like?
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

CallieT wrote:
askeptichere wrote:

Probably pimento cheese, it's a southern staple.

And, I'm glad that Katie is making sure that Gaines at least tries new foods! Obviously they don't feed Gaines the best diet, so I'm glad that they at least make her try it. And also how are you going to prevent a 2.5 year old from spitting out something she doesn't like?
I wouldn't force anyone to swallow something they truly don't like, but when you ask your kid if they're going to try something and they just say they're going to spit it out, there's something wrong. You don't ask a toddler "are you going to eat _____?" and then say "probably not." You hype it up, maybe let them help make dinner so they want to try it.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I guess in this case I don't think it's a big deal because I don't think any toddler is going to happily eat London broil, especially Gaines who is known to hate meat since she was a baby. And plus Katie did tell Gaines if she likes it she should swallow it.

But I do think they need to encourage Gaines much more to eat vegetables and other healthy snacks. I think telling her she has to try new things is a step in the right direction, just not quite enough.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

The marker thing was weird. I thought by the thumbnail that they caught MG drawing on Brooks, but no.. it was Cullen. I don't understand why. If it was MG caught drawing on him i would have thought it was cute and funny (although not something they should encourage. But by previous vlogs they don't seem to care if she draws all over herself, to each their own i guess.. ) but by Cullen doing it for no reason, and having to take the markers all the way upstairs? It was strange, and good luck with keeping those markers in the playroom.

I thought Katie did fine with her conversation about the London broil with MG. She told her that she had to at least try it, and like others have said, at least they are offering it too her, and someone else mentioned her dislike of meat in general. If they can get her to just try one bite then good for them. I also had a toddler that HATED meat, I couldnt even get her to try a bite of it with out her gagging or just out right refusing. Thankfully she loves fruits and veggies (and i would buy protein enriched pasta that she would gobble down) but in all honesty shes 12 now and in the last year or two she has FINALLY become more accepting to eating meats. First was chicken, then slowly we added red meat. She will eat a hamburger and roast, but meatloaf, steak (except in fajitas) any other sort of red meat she wont touch. Literally in the last year she has just started putting meat on her tacos for taco night, even if i made them with ground turkey (she will eat turkey) she wouldnt touch it. Still her favorite meat is either plain or lemon garlic baked chicken. Which isn't a BAD thing, but its super frustrating when you are trying to get some nutrition in a child. (and before it happens please don't turn this into a meat eater/vegetarian debate. For the record we tried tofu, meatless meats ect and those were turned down as well)

Oh and i think Katie was shopping sales, she kinda mentioned it when she was talking about the roast.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think it's good that they're encouraging Gaines to try new things, and I know that it's not easy to make a 2.5 year old swallow something. But just accepting her saying "I'll spit it out" is letting her think it's ok to do that. And it's just not.
I also agree that saying Gaines wanted to bring the markers along was a big fat lie.
I think Brooks is going to be a handful. He doesn't handle frustration well. And yes, I know he's just a baby, and he's frustrated because he can't express himself. But Gaines was a pretty easy baby, and Brooks seems to be a little more fussy. When he's bigger and talking, it's going to be interesting.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I think it's good that they're encouraging Gaines to try new things, and I know that it's not easy to make a 2.5 year old swallow something. But just accepting her saying "I'll spit it out" is letting her think it's ok to do that. And it's just not.
I also agree that saying Gaines wanted to bring the markers along was a big fat lie.
I think Brooks is going to be a handful. He doesn't handle frustration well. And yes, I know he's just a baby, and he's frustrated because he can't express himself. But Gaines was a pretty easy baby, and Brooks seems to be a little more fussy. When he's bigger and talking, it's going to be interesting.

I was thinking the same thing today about Brooks. He is not as laid back as Gaines was. Hopefully he will be less frustrated as he develops communication skills, but he is just a feisty little thing. Much grumpier than MG ever was. He's still cute and sweet as punch but he does seem like a more challenging baby than MG. I giggle when Katie calls him out on his drama too.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I think it's good that they're encouraging Gaines to try new things, and I know that it's not easy to make a 2.5 year old swallow something. But just accepting her saying "I'll spit it out" is letting her think it's ok to do that. And it's just not.

I wonder if Brooks' personality is one of the main reasons they don't seem to be in a rush to try for baby #3.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:

I wonder if Brooks' personality is one of the main reasons they don't seem to be in a rush to try for baby #3.
This is 100% the reason why we only have 2 kids. LMAO! After the terror that was my daughter (i love her but she was a very difficult colicky baby, i wouldnt wish that on anyone...) there was no way on this earth i was risking it. We got a puppy instead. :lol:
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:

This is 100% the reason why we only have 2 kids. LMAO! After the terror that was my daughter (i love her but she was a very difficult colicky baby, i wouldnt wish that on anyone...) there was no way on this earth i was risking it. We got a puppy instead. :lol:
SAME! Our first was (and still is) the easiest kid. My daughter is the most strong-willed, sassy thing ever.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote: I wonder if Brooks' personality is one of the main reasons they don't seem to be in a rush to try for baby #3.
SAME! Our first was (and still is) the easiest kid. My daughter is the most strong-willed, sassy thing ever.
YEP!! Sounds exactly like us! My son was a breeze, never cried, slept like a rock, was hardly ever naughty... My daughter was the total opposite... she cried the entire first 3 months of her life and would only sleep for about 30 mins at a time until she was about 4 weeks old. she amazing now, smart as a whip, total mother hen and a rule following, people pleaser. I was sure she was destined to be hell on wheels her whole life. thank god shes proved me wrong so far. LOL!
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote: YEP!! Sounds exactly like us! My son was a breeze, never cried, slept like a rock, was hardly ever naughty... My daughter was the total opposite... she cried the entire first 3 months of her life and would only sleep for about 30 mins at a time until she was about 4 weeks old. she amazing now, smart as a whip, total mother hen and a rule following, people pleaser. I was sure she was destined to be hell on wheels her whole life. thank god shes proved me wrong so far. LOL!
Oh, I hope my daughter turns out that way! She's only 2.5, so I can imagine her willfulness will only get worse before it gets better. Dreading age 3!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote: I wonder if Brooks' personality is one of the main reasons they don't seem to be in a rush to try for baby #3.
This is 100% the reason why we only have 2 kids. LMAO! After the terror that was my daughter (i love her but she was a very difficult colicky baby, i wouldnt wish that on anyone...) there was no way on this earth i was risking it. We got a puppy instead. Image

I totally get it. Both of my kids were relatively easy, except for colic and some sleep issues with my daughter. But my brother's second son was a terror. They didn't even have to baby proof with their first, and the second was climbing and trying to get into knives, etc. They said that if the second had been born first, they never would have had more than one! Brooks is adorable, but he is definitely more of a handful than Gaines!

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I definitely expect Gaines to draw on herself or Brooks in the near future thinking it's okay and Cullen acting totally shocked as if he didn't cause it. Nothing wrong with having fun but a young child her age should be taught that markers are for paper or else they're going to end up on walls, clothes, furniture etc.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

askeptichere wrote:The whole vlog today... WHY!?

Clearly Cullen told Gaines to bring the markers upstairs to go get Brooks. That's a good way to teach your kids to write on things other than paper. What happens when they use a permanent marker? Or draw on the walls or furniture? Well, Daddy did it!

And I thought Brooks was just pulling up on the toilet. That's bad enough. Splashing and playing in the water brings it to a whole new level of EW! Just disgusting. And he took the time to vlog it AND take a picture for Instagram. Anything for views. Who cares if the baby gets E Coli.

At the beginning of the vlog I was just going to mention the nasty goop cheese sandwich for Gaines, but that takes a backseat to what happens when Cullen is left to solo parent. He mentioned a golf cart ride with Gaines. Why couldn't he have shown that instead?
That was a pimento cheese sandwich. It's big down here in the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

I've read quite a few posts regarding the kids playing with oven doors/drawers and the toilet, too. What I don't get is why the children are allowed to play in the kitchen or bathroom at all? Those rooms were off limits when I was a child. Here they are in their new, large home where they supposedly set up a play room for the children with all their toys and junk. Why do the kids have access to other rooms which should be off limits to babies and toddlers? Can someone also please explain to me why Cullen was using a marker on his child's face? Is he an idiot or what? He is more immature than the children and needs to grow up. The children need a proper role model and Cullen is more concerned about playing with them as a friend than to be a responsible role model teaching them how to behave instead of always having to be the clown of the family. I won't even mention all the junk food they were putting away after their grocery shopping. They don't eat the healthiest diet to say the least!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nc_mom wrote:I've read quite a few posts regarding the kids playing with oven doors/drawers and the toilet, too. What I don't get is why the children are allowed to play in the kitchen or bathroom at all? Those rooms were off limits when I was a child. Here they are in their new, large home where they supposedly set up a play room for the children with all their toys and junk. Why do the kids have access to other rooms which should be off limits to babies and toddlers? Can someone also please explain to me why Cullen was using a marker on his child's face? Is he an idiot or what? He is more immature than the children and needs to grow up. The children need a proper role model and Cullen is more concerned about playing with them as a friend than to be a responsible role model teaching them how to behave instead of always having to be the clown of the family. I won't even mention all the junk food they were putting away after their grocery shopping. They don't eat the healthiest diet to say the least!
While I don't think kids should be playing in the kitchen unsupervised I don't think a kitchen should be completely off limits to children. Playing with pots and pans while mom or dad cooks and cleans is fine. Helping do chores and cook is great. Plus it's kinda unrealistic for Cullen and Katie to not allow the kids in there. The kitchen is the center of the downstairs. You have to enter the kitchen to access the play room, the living room and the upstairs bedroom. It's also totally unrealistic for them to make the bathrooms no kids allowed. Yes, they have to figure out a way to keep Brooks out of the toilet but Gaines needs unrestricted access to the bathroom, she's 100% potty trained! And it wasn't like they were "allowing" Brooks to play there. Yes they vlogged it and took pics (which WHY?! Ugh) but Cullen told him that was a no no and that they would have to clean him up now... he wasn't directly encouraging it. The marker thing was weird and I don't agree with it Bc it's just asking for more issues, but Cullen isn't afraid to disapline the kids. We have seen and heard the "dad voice" many times and they correct their kids. If you want to see someone only wanting to be friends with the kids then look at Bryan. He never corrects the boys and just laughs at them when they are naughty. Cullen may not be everyone's cup of tea but he isn't lacking in the correction of the kids dept.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

nc_mom wrote:I've read quite a few posts regarding the kids playing with oven doors/drawers and the toilet, too. What I don't get is why the children are allowed to play in the kitchen or bathroom at all? Those rooms were off limits when I was a child. Here they are in their new, large home where they supposedly set up a play room for the children with all their toys and junk. Why do the kids have access to other rooms which should be off limits to babies and toddlers? Can someone also please explain to me why Cullen was using a marker on his child's face? Is he an idiot or what? He is more immature than the children and needs to grow up. The children need a proper role model and Cullen is more concerned about playing with them as a friend than to be a responsible role model teaching them how to behave instead of always having to be the clown of the family. I won't even mention all the junk food they were putting away after their grocery shopping. They don't eat the healthiest diet to say the least!
I don't think the kitchen should be off limits, but they do need to establish stricter boundaries when it comes to things like the oven and stove. They need to teach the kids that these things are only for adults to use, and not toys. I don't think it's a matter of Cullen wanting to be friends with his kids, but a combination of immaturity and not knowing when to call it quits or know what is appropriate when coming up with vlog footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I think playing in the kitchen is very beneficial for children. As someone else said, yes they should have stricter boundries when it comes to the oven and stove, but there's nothing wrong with playing in the kitchen in general. Children are ALWAYS observing. They'll learn some important skills and gain excitement to cook.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”