Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

seriously7 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: they only sent Beau to college

Really? I thought they sent Ruby? Isn't that where she met Kevin?
Ruby was 18 and had just finished high school when she met Kevin. They were living in the same apartment building. I think Ruby was going to start college but she got married & started her family early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

webbygurl626 wrote:
pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:Idk why, but I find that bottom comment very disturbing...abbey is only 10? Why is her aunt already slapping her with kids..

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
because there's Griffith blood involved...
Or she could be like her aunt Ellie and have boys!!!

I'm pretty sure she's not done having kids yet, she's a Mormon and they believe the more kids they have the better they are in the eyes of their God
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

^^
TRUE! It's basically their way to create more Mormons and expand the church. It's not unusual for a family to have 6-8 kids. My uncle converted and they have 8 kids and my next door neighbors growing up also had 8. Seems a bit crazy, but the older kids end up being sort of "parents" to the little kids.

Is Ruby done having kids? I never knew she was only 35(?) - no offense to her, but she looks 45. I'm sure having 6 kids would age anyone fast!
allurella
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by allurella »

ewokfan11 wrote:^^
TRUE! It's basically their way to create more Mormons and expand the church. It's not unusual for a family to have 6-8 kids. My uncle converted and they have 8 kids and my next door neighbors growing up also had 8. Seems a bit crazy, but the older kids end up being sort of "parents" to the little kids.

Is Ruby done having kids? I never knew she was only 35(?) - no offense to her, but she looks 45. I'm sure having 6 kids would age anyone fast!
She says she is but who know$! Yeah I think she looks way older too, her diet isn't the best so that's probably a bit of the reason too...
greyskies9
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greyskies9 »

allurella wrote:

She says she is but who know$! Yeah I think she looks way older too, her diet isn't the best so that's probably a bit of the reason too...

It is actually not true. The amount of children Mormons have is up to the couple to decide. Most Mormon families these days have 4-5 but that isn't because they "have to" or to "Expand the Church".
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Lol at ruby being offended by the looks people give her because of her crazy ass kids. I get it's not easy, I have 3 under 3, but some discipline would help.

And maybe I'm crazy but did they have all the kids, who only recently learned how to swim, alone in that pool while they layed in bed?!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Especially when you cannot relax with a nice glass of wine.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

What is Russell's obsession with those damn claw machines? Also, him getting excited over a pen dropping is annoying. Is that normal?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Kjr123 wrote:Lol at ruby being offended by the looks people give her because of her crazy ass kids. I get it's not easy, I have 3 under 3, but some discipline would help.

And maybe I'm crazy but did they have all the kids, who only recently learned how to swim, alone in that pool while they layed in bed?!
It looked like they had a big window in their bedroom so they could see the swimming pool. I mean, I would stay outside with my kids to keep an eye on them and be able to react quickly in case of an emergency but for Ruby that would just be drama to get more views...
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

They go on vacation and go see a movie and then get Chad a phone at Verizon?! So weird. Our goal as a family is to always do something we can't do/normally wouldn't do at home while we are away.

Idk why they'd waste their time and money getting him a flip phone only to eventually get him a smart phone later on down the road

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

There was a discussion in one of Bonnie's threads about all the Griffiths girls and how many more kids we think they'll have. I was surprised at how many people think Ruby will have another one, because I truly believe she is done. Her miscarriage video really confirms it for me. She's had 11 pregnancies, 5 ending in miscarriage. It seems like that was very hard on her and they tried hard for Eve to feel like they were a complete family. I think she now has that feeling of being complete. Also, Eve is still a difficult child. I think Ruby knows she would be in over her head with a baby and Eve.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

The thing about Chad seeming "off" is that I get the feeling they are grooming him to become some sort of Jake/Logan Paul personality. He's very smug and he's really young. Maybe it's just being a teenager, but he does come off as a little jerk.

The more that other YTers TELL ALL about other more famous YTers, the more I think they are full of it and it's all lies for $$$$. These poor kids just make an income for their parents and "act" their childhood out for an audience. It's a very sad way to live.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

^^ That second paragraph was one of the most astute analyses I've read about the whole family vlogging phenomenon. Sad, but very true.

ETA: Is it my imagination or did this once-in-a-lifetime magical Florida vacation really not seem all that great?
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

freshbalsam wrote:They go on vacation and go see a movie and then get Chad a phone at Verizon?! So weird. Our goal as a family is to always do something we can't do/normally wouldn't do at home while we are away.

Idk why they'd waste their time and money getting him a flip phone only to eventually get him a smart phone later on down the road

I guess I would understand if they spent like 2 weeks in one place they could go to cinema. But they've been there for like 3 days and instead of spending day at the beach they'd rather go to cinema, which they can obviously do back in Utah...
Maybe I'm the weird one but when I go somewhere I try to get the most of it and not do things I can easily do at home
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

It's bizarre to visit a different state and do average things like see a movie and go to the phone store. Especially when you stay for a short time like they did. You can do that any time, take advantage of a different place. Explore. No wonder they're so uncultured.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Ya it was the strangest thing that they went to get a cellphone while in Florida. Why couldn't it wait till they got back home. This whole family is just loves instant gratification

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

freshbalsam wrote: Idk why they'd waste their time and money getting him a flip phone only to eventually get him a smart phone later on down the road

I don't get that either. He's gonna be over that phone in no time and when he starts middle school at his fancy private school, all of the kids will have smartphones.
You can tell Ruby had no parts of this, just like when Kevin got Shari that iPhone behind her back.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

seriously7 wrote:
freshbalsam wrote: Idk why they'd waste their time and money getting him a flip phone only to eventually get him a smart phone later on down the road

I don't get that either. He's gonna be over that phone in no time and when he starts middle school at his fancy private school, all of the kids will have smartphones.
You can tell Ruby had no parts of this, just like when Kevin got Shari that iPhone behind her back.
But if he had of been given a smartphone what would ya'll have said?
I think if he can't look after his flip phone then they made the correct decision. Shari had to have a phone she wasn't thrilled about before her iPhone. You hit the nail on the head at the end of your post, "later on down the track", so they haven't wasted money, when he can get a better phone later down the track and Abbey if she allowed can use the flip phone.

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
seriously7 wrote:

But if he had of been given a smartphone what would ya'll have said?
I think if he can't look after his flip phone then they made the correct decision. Shari had to have a phone she wasn't thrilled about before her iPhone. You hit the nail on the head at the end of your post, "later on down the track", so they haven't wasted money, when he can get a better phone later down the track and Abbey if she allowed can use the flip phone.

I could be wrong, but I remember they pranked Shari with a jitterbug phone at first, but she actually ended up getting a decent Android which she was thrilled about, BUT she didn't take care of the first phone very well at all. It was problem after problem with the phone including losing it on a trip and breaking the screen and the Dad still up and bought her an iPhone because the original one was damaged beyond repair.

But you're right in the end, we'd all be complaining if they got him an iPhone.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yeah this is one of those "can't win" situations. I can only imagine the remarks if they would've got him a smartphone. Flip phone or smartphone, people are going to find something wrong with it. I personally admire that they got him a cheaper, basic phone first. I think this was a good decision. It's always good to have an extra phone when you have so many kids. When Chad gets a smartphone, Abby will be able to use the flip, or someone else can use it temporarily if their phone breaks.

Return to “8 Passengers”