YTMD Pet Peeves

Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

When people derail a thread but then tell YOU to skip over it. Um no. No one should have to skip over several posts of bullshit that is completely irrelevant to the youtuber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waitwhat
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by waitwhat »

Every. Single. YT child is "delayed" or "has autism" or sometimes some other condition. Every single one of them at one point or another on this website I swear. Speech delay, motor delay, sensory processing disorder, autism, epilepsy. You name it, they have it :lol:
The above comment is not about you. It's about the Youtuber whose name I'm mentioning in said comment. Please do not take it personally. Thank you for understanding :)
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

waitwhat wrote:Every. Single. YT child is "delayed" or "has autism" or sometimes some other condition. Every single one of them at one point or another on this website I swear. Speech delay, motor delay, sensory processing disorder, autism, epilepsy. You name it, they have it :lol:
I wonder if there is a correlation between these kids being seemingly delayed (internet diagnosing through social interaction) - because their parents are always talking to a camera themselves, or talking to their kids through a camera?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

actuallydear wrote:
waitwhat wrote:Every. Single. YT child is "delayed" or "has autism" or sometimes some other condition. Every single one of them at one point or another on this website I swear. Speech delay, motor delay, sensory processing disorder, autism, epilepsy. You name it, they have it Image
I wonder if there is a correlation between these kids being seemingly delayed (internet diagnosing through social interaction) - because their parents are always talking to a camera themselves, or talking to their kids through a camera?
I certainly think so. Ollie doesn't make eye contact a lot of the time, because Bryan always sits behind him and interacts through the camera. Some of these kids have been on camera since their first ultrasound. They don't know how to react to normal interaction.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
waitwhat
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
waitwhat wrote:Every. Single. YT child is "delayed" or "has autism" or sometimes some other condition. Every single one of them at one point or another on this website I swear. Speech delay, motor delay, sensory processing disorder, autism, epilepsy. You name it, they have it Image
I certainly think so. Ollie doesn't make eye contact a lot of the time, because Bryan always sits behind him and interacts through the camera. Some of these kids have been on camera since their first ultrasound. They don't know how to react to normal interaction.

I think saying they don't know how to react to normal interaction is a little much. They do have a life off camera I'm sure. I don't follow dailybumps but I saw the Bratayley collab vlog and you can't say Ollie is feral, he said high and hung out with the LeBlancs.
The above comment is not about you. It's about the Youtuber whose name I'm mentioning in said comment. Please do not take it personally. Thank you for understanding :)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

[quote="waitwhat"]

Oh he said "hi".... ok. You do realize he's almost 4 right? If there is a case to be made for any YTer to have delays it is certainly Oliver Lanning. You want to argue against that fact then fine, but maybe watch more than one vlog :?

I do agree that not all YT kids are delayed (MG being an example), but the fact is that some are. A lot of these parents aren't very interested in parenting though, and aren't engaged in their children's lives, so this makes sense. Also, a lot of these vloggers aren't too swift themselves, so would we really expect their children to magically be developmentally advanced? Going back to Oliver, yes a large part of his day isn't filmed, but his parents don't exactly spend time playing with or educating him. His mother is hopelessly addicted to her phone, and has fairly poor social skills herself. How is he not going to be affected by this?

And kids aren't born with a natural interest in guns. Kids like Oliver are learning that somewhere, so even though we don't see violent video games/tv shows in the vlogs, I almost guarantee his parents are exposing him to it somehow.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And I don't call pretending to chop off Billy's head and only wanting to play guns with the girls a "normal" interaction. When my son was 4, he roughhoused, but he didn't try to shoot everyone he met (that came later, lol). He said "'hi", but not much else. And when introduced to Corbin and Kelsey's baby, he hugged her because he was told to, and then ignored her. Not that I would expect him to be all that interested in a baby. But these kids are treated like performing monkeys from the day they're born. Whether they're actually delayed or just screwed up, I don't know. But this can't be good for them.

waitwhat
Informer
Informer

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, I argued against the idea that the kids don't know how to interact with others only, regarding Ollie. What 4 year old boy is overly interested in a stranger baby, honestly? Even you admit that's not to be expected so then why use that as an argument. Also the guns thing? Yeah, again 4 year old boy probably going through a phase. I know in the US guns are a sensitive topic so I accept that there is a cultural difference there and maybe that's why I don't think it's so unsettling but I still think you are blowing things out of proportions. If your son did go through a shooting everyone phase only at a different age why is Ollie's phase so abnormal? (maybe you meant metaphorically). Kids are obsessed with different things at different ages (I don't even need to tell you this since you have a kid or more). I'm not being mean but your child is your child and he does not set the standard for all other kids.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

waitwhat wrote:I agree with a lot of what you are saying, I argued against the idea that the kids don't know how to interact with others only, regarding Ollie. What 4 year old boy is overly interested in a stranger baby, honestly? Even you admit that's not to be expected so then why use that as an argument. Also the guns thing? Yeah, again 4 year old boy probably going through a phase. I know in the US guns are a sensitive topic so I accept that there is a cultural difference there and maybe that's why I don't think it's so unsettling but I still think you are blowing things out of proportions. If your son did go through a shooting everyone phase only at a different age why is Ollie's phase so abnormal? (maybe you meant metaphorically). Kids are obsessed with different things at different ages (I don't even need to tell you this since you have a kid or more). I'm not being mean but your child is your child and he does not set the standard for all other kids.
I don't live in the US, and don't see where it would be considered healthy and normal for a 4 year old to be that obsessed with guns. I don't feel most kids go through a shooting phase, and that's my point. I get that some kids naturally take an interest in bugs, trucks, rocks, babies, etc, but this is because these are the things that are around them everyday. They make up their environment. No 4 year old should be this into guns.

And if his first interaction when he starts school is to walk up to the other kids and pretend to shoot them, it is going to effect him socially. He's growing up in SoCal... not Texas.
waitwhat
Informer
Informer

HelloSweetie wrote:
waitwhat wrote:I agree with a lot of what you are saying, I argued against the idea that the kids don't know how to interact with others only, regarding Ollie. What 4 year old boy is overly interested in a stranger baby, honestly? Even you admit that's not to be expected so then why use that as an argument. Also the guns thing? Yeah, again 4 year old boy probably going through a phase. I know in the US guns are a sensitive topic so I accept that there is a cultural difference there and maybe that's why I don't think it's so unsettling but I still think you are blowing things out of proportions. If your son did go through a shooting everyone phase only at a different age why is Ollie's phase so abnormal? (maybe you meant metaphorically). Kids are obsessed with different things at different ages (I don't even need to tell you this since you have a kid or more). I'm not being mean but your child is your child and he does not set the standard for all other kids.
I don't live in the US, and don't see where it would be considered healthy and normal for a 4 year old to be that obsessed with guns. I don't feel most kids go through a shooting phase, and that's my point. I get that some kids naturally take an interest in bugs, trucks, rocks, babies, etc, but this is because these are the things that are around them everyday. They make up their environment. No 4 year old should be this into guns.

And if his first interaction when he starts school is to walk up to the other kids and pretend to shoot them, it is going to effect him socially. He's growing up in SoCal... not Texas.
You don't think it's possible this kid saw some movies or videos (which ok he probably shouldn't have seen) and he's going through a phase where he's mimicking what he saw? At 4? If he is still doing this in a few months maybe I'd consider it. Also if he got a reaction from some adult he may continue doing it just because of that. Point is, it's just another thing a kid can be temporarily obsessed with. I really don't think by the time he starts school he'll be still obsessed with guns.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Ollie isn't really obsessed with guns, he's obsessed with battles and fighting. Guns, swords, ninja fights, it's the ONLY kind of play we see Bryan do WITH Ollie.
He turns everything into guns because if he points something at his father and says "bang", Bryan pretends to die. It's not guns that Ollie is obsessed with, it's finding something that gets parental attention. And Bryan only play battles with Ollie.

(I'm not counting the rc stuff Bryan has shown as play, because we all know that Bryan isn't playing WITH Ollie, he's playing by himself with Ollie in the room. Even that big track in Ollie's room from a couple months ago was clearly a Bryan/Jeff project, not Ollie)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Ollie can literally NOT play with any other child or adult without it being either a physical fight, or shooting them with guns or wacking at them with swords. He was throwing guns at the bratayley girls bc thats all he knows how to do. He pretended to cut the dad's head off and is constantly pretending to kill or hurt people. Thats NOT NORMAL for a 4 year old. I'm sorry! Yes all kids that age have phases and obsessions but EVERYTHING is turned into violent play with him. Its been months and months since i have seen him play with something other than a pretend weapon. That is NOT a behavior that should be acceptable but the Bumps just think it's cute. It's not cute at all, its actually pretty damn scary. Cutting peoples heads off and shooting people and saying you want to kill people is not something a child comes up with on their own. He is watching violence on tv or on video games i'm certain. If his parents dont cut this shit out they are going to be in for some trouble down the line. My kids preschool had a VERY strict no violent play rule. No weapons, no rough housing, no pretend violent play. If his school has this same rule he will be up shit creek bc his parents don't encourage him to play in ANY other way.
Oh and sure, he told the Braytayley bunch "Hi" but he also ran away to get his "secret weapons" (a gun, a sword and a paw patrol puppy) as soon as they walked in the door, THEN the first thing he did was try and ninja kick one of the girls when he was supposed to be giving high fives and introducing himself. He is a violent child and it disturbs the fuck out of me.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

waitwhat wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

You don't think it's possible this kid saw some movies or videos (which ok he probably shouldn't have seen) and he's going through a phase where he's mimicking what he saw? At 4? If he is still doing this in a few months maybe I'd consider it. Also if he got a reaction from some adult he may continue doing it just because of that. Point is, it's just another thing a kid can be temporarily obsessed with. I really don't think by the time he starts school he'll be still obsessed with guns.
He starts school in just a few weeks and the gun/violence obsession has been going on since they were in the old house, i don't see it stopping anytime soon.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
He starts school in just a few weeks and the gun/violence obsession has been going on since they were in the old house, i don't see it stopping anytime soon.
And the thing is, they knew at one point it was becoming a problem, and decided to make a "no more guns" rule. Trouble was, Ollie threw a fit and they can't stand up to him so they just gave in. Now their heads are in the sand about the issue and/or they are so used to it that they don't see how dysfunctional it is anymore.

Plus he just learned his colours a few months ago. It is definitely atypical for a 3.5 year old to not be able to recognize colours!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
And the thing is, they knew at one point it was becoming a problem, and decided to make a "no more guns" rule. Trouble was, Ollie threw a fit and they can't stand up to him so they just gave in. Now their heads are in the sand about the issue and/or they are so used to it that they don't see how dysfunctional it is anymore.

Plus he just learned his colours a few months ago. It is definitely atypical for a 3.5 year old to not be able to recognize colours!
YES!! they tried for about 2.3 seconds until they decided "walking on eggshells" with Ollie was the best thing to do. Then all rules about guns went out the window. It's completely their fault he is the way he is and they are failing him. They are setting him up to be the class bully (the condoning of violent play, telling him it's ok to tell peole they talk funny, not ever telling him no..) and its sad for him.

Im also pretty damn sure he can't even sing the ABC song, which is also atypical for an almost 4 year old. I wonder if he can even recognize his name? I have noticed they don't even try to show them teaching him on the vlogs anymore, either they just aren't doing it or they know how behind he is and are ashamed.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3 Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Playsinrain wrote:If his school has this same rule he will be up shit creek bc his parents don't encourage him to play in ANY other way.
Ugh, I can just see Missy and Bryan enforcing the notion that if a boy is mean to a girl, it just means he likes her, and teasing Ollie about his "crushes" while the parents of the poor girls try to get a restraining order against Ollie*. :roll:

*(not being literal, obviously)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:If his school has this same rule he will be up shit creek bc his parents don't encourage him to play in ANY other way.
Ugh, I can just see Missy and Bryan enforcing the notion that if a boy is mean to a girl, it just means he likes her, and teasing Ollie about his "crushes" while the parents of the poor girls try to get a restraining order against Ollie*. :roll:

*(not being literal, obviously)
Oh yes!! I can totally see it too and if he grows up and does something violent to someone else? "Boys will be boys!!!!" i can just see that sickening bullshit happening...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3 Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

I remember them letting him watch those movies on repeat but then claim that the new Ninja Turtle movie was too violent for him. They confuse me so much.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Playsinrain wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3 Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

I remember them letting him watch those movies on repeat but then claim that the new Ninja Turtle movie was too violent for him. They confuse me so much.
None of the Lanning logic makes any sense.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers

Return to “Boxing Ring”