DailyDesperateToGoViral Part 89

laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDesperateToGoViral Part 89

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

Missy's behavior was definitely gross and creepy. There was no need to keep it up. It is not as if these people are living in some 3rd world country, off the grid, or this child was motherless. Kelsey isn't having problems feeding her. She is a healthy baby with no feeding problems, so that isn't a need to fill.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Pretty disgusting to watch them all slobber all over June. Especially Bryan

Pretty sure I know what Bryan and Missy did last night...gotta get to work making that little Lanning girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Coolowl wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
Okay but bed sharing means something completely different then milk sharing.

I was simply stating that the idea of milk sharing, or nursing another persons child is not gross or creepy.

I don't think Missy jokingly saying she could feed June was disrespectful. Especially since Corbin made the comment in his blog about Finn getting the leftovers from Kelsey. Seems like they were all pretty comfortable joking about it.

No, it's not different. Both are about bonding and nurturing and both do also have risks (this is why there are rules for milk donation). There is a difference between a mother's milk made for a solid eating toddler, and for a young infant.

Sharing milk is not gross or creepy, but not respecting boundaries is. Formula or bottle feeding is also not gross or creepy, but a breastfeeding mother would certainly expect someone to respect that boundary and not overstep it. Missy mentioning it once was a joke, persisting was odd and overstepping.

June isn't having issues with thriving, so Missy's help isn't required. In this case feeding June would be unnecessary, and purely for Missy's benefit, not June or Kelsey's.... that is creepy.
Also, the fact that she is obsessed (and obviously traumatized as seen in some vlogs from her behavior, mood and emotions) with wanting a girl made it very creepy/uncomfortable. Saying it once joking...fine...pushing it...not fine.
Yes! She probably dreams of breastfeeding her because it's a little girl, which is uncomfortable. I highly doubt she would joke or push about feeding a baby boy. She just wants to experience feeding a girl, which is just weird...I totally understand if maybe the mom is not around and there's no milk, so you have to feed the baby. That's fine. Even if the mom asks you to feed it. But Missy was pushing it because June is a girl. Remember, this is the same woman who couldn't WAIT to get Finn off her boobs.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

HelloSweetie wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
Okay but bed sharing means something completely different then milk sharing.

I was simply stating that the idea of milk sharing, or nursing another persons child is not gross or creepy.

I don't think Missy jokingly saying she could feed June was disrespectful. Especially since Corbin made the comment in his blog about Finn getting the leftovers from Kelsey. Seems like they were all pretty comfortable joking about it.

No, it's not different. Both are about bonding and nurturing and both do also have risks (this is why there are rules for milk donation). There is a difference between a mother's milk made for a solid eating toddler, and for a young infant.

Sharing milk is not gross or creepy, but not respecting boundaries is. Formula or bottle feeding is also not gross or creepy, but a breastfeeding mother would certainly expect someone to respect that boundary and not overstep it. Missy mentioning it once was a joke, persisting was odd and overstepping.

June isn't having issues with thriving, so Missy's help isn't required. In this case feeding June would be unnecessary, and purely for Missy's benefit, not June or Kelsey's.... that is creepy.
I think you completely overthinking it. Like I said, Corbin also made a joke about it. Seemed they were all pretty comfortable with it.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

laughsatytfame wrote:Missy's behavior was definitely gross and creepy. There was no need to keep it up. It is not as if these people are living in some 3rd world country, off the grid, or this child was motherless. Kelsey isn't having problems feeding her. She is a healthy baby with no feeding problems, so that isn't a need to fill.
You don't milk share because a child's mother can't nurse. I nursed my best friends baby because she was in the shower and he was screaming.

I guess I just live in a different world. There conversations and joking about it were very normal. Me and my sister-in-law used to joke all the time about how I could nurse my niece, even though my son was 2.5 at the time and my niece was a newborn.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

whys0seri0us wrote:
laughsatytfame wrote:Missy's behavior was definitely gross and creepy. There was no need to keep it up. It is not as if these people are living in some 3rd world country, off the grid, or this child was motherless. Kelsey isn't having problems feeding her. She is a healthy baby with no feeding problems, so that isn't a need to fill.
You don't milk share because a child's mother can't nurse. I nursed my best friends baby because she was in the shower and he was screaming.

I guess I just live in a different world. There conversations and joking about it were very normal. Me and my sister-in-law used to joke all the time about how I could nurse my niece, even though my son was 2.5 at the time and my niece was a newborn.

That was necessary. I don't think milk sharing is gross when it's necessary. But Missy wasn't just joking, she was pushing it. This is the same woman who was annoyed about breastfeeding Finn and was urgently trying to wean him. Why would she continuously bring up feeding June?
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

Tapatalk[/quote]

June isn't having issues with thriving, so Missy's help isn't required. In this case feeding June would be unnecessary, and purely for Missy's benefit, not June or Kelsey's.... that is creepy.[/quote]

Also, the fact that she is obsessed (and obviously traumatized as seen in some vlogs from her behavior, mood and emotions) with wanting a girl made it very creepy/uncomfortable. Saying it once joking...fine...pushing it...not fine.[/quote]

Yes! She probably dreams of breastfeeding her because it's a little girl, which is uncomfortable. I highly doubt she would joke or push about feeding a baby boy. She just wants to experience feeding a girl, which is just weird...I totally understand if maybe the mom is not around and there's no milk, so you have to feed the baby. That's fine. Even if the mom asks you to feed it. But Missy was pushing it because June is a girl. Remember, this is the same woman who couldn't WAIT to get Finn off her boobs.[/quote]

Exactly! I am sure she wouldn't tell Katie that she could feed Brooks. Technically, if she can still produced milk than she could breastfeed any baby.

No one is over thinking this because this is MISSY we are talking about here...baby girl obsessed Missy.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

tintin15 wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:

That was necessary. I don't think milk sharing is gross when it's necessary. But Missy wasn't just joking, she was pushing it. This is the same woman who was annoyed about breastfeeding Finn and was urgently trying to wean him. Why would she continuously bring up feeding June?
Nursing a toddler and an infant are extremely different things. I'd rather nurse a infant any day.

I simply see this different. I don't think she was pushy. I thought it was funny.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Coolowl wrote:Tapatalk

June isn't having issues with thriving, so Missy's help isn't required. In this case feeding June would be unnecessary, and purely for Missy's benefit, not June or Kelsey's.... that is creepy.[/quote]

Also, the fact that she is obsessed (and obviously traumatized as seen in some vlogs from her behavior, mood and emotions) with wanting a girl made it very creepy/uncomfortable. Saying it once joking...fine...pushing it...not fine.[/quote]

Yes! She probably dreams of breastfeeding her because it's a little girl, which is uncomfortable. I highly doubt she would joke or push about feeding a baby boy. She just wants to experience feeding a girl, which is just weird...I totally understand if maybe the mom is not around and there's no milk, so you have to feed the baby. That's fine. Even if the mom asks you to feed it. But Missy was pushing it because June is a girl. Remember, this is the same woman who couldn't WAIT to get Finn off her boobs.[/quote]

Exactly! I am sure she wouldn't tell Katie that she could feed Brooks. Technically, if she can still produced milk than she could breastfeed any baby.

No one is over thinking this because this is MISSY we are talking about here...baby girl obsessed Missy.[/quote]

I don't think she was joke about nursing Brooks because her and Katie are not that close.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tintin15 wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:

Also... i'm guessing this means Finn isn't fully weaned yet? Not saying he should be, I'm all for EBF but i figured Missy would have already pulled that plug for good.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The beach trip when calvin was a newborn.. They all agreed to nurse each others babies if needed while the other moms parasailed. This isn't a new thing for Missy to be joking or talking about.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:The beach trip when calvin was a newborn.. They all agreed to nurse each others babies if needed while the other moms parasailed. This isn't a new thing for Missy to be joking or talking about.
It's a pretty normal topic of conversations for nursing moms in general. At least in my group of friends.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

whys0seri0us wrote:
Nursing a toddler and an infant are extremely different things. I'd rather nurse a infant any day.

I simply see this different. I don't think she was pushy. I thought it was funny.

But the point is, it's not about you. If you're nursing someone else's baby for your OWN ENJOYMENT, then a boundary is probably being crossed. Ultimately, this comes down to consent. No means no. Kelsey brushed it off the first time, and that should have been the end of it.

If your friend is fine with it, then that's great, but I wouldn't expect to have that reaction from just anyone anywhere.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
tintin15 wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote: You don't milk share because a child's mother can't nurse. I nursed my best friends baby because she was in the shower and he was screaming.

Also... i'm guessing this means Finn isn't fully weaned yet? Not saying he should be, I'm all for EBF but i figured Missy would have already pulled that plug for good.
I mentioned that earlier. It's hard to wean a toddler, especially at Finns age. I bet she probably gave up and is just nursing him for sleep now. I'm pretty impressed to be honest although I know she's probably not doing it because she wants to. He turns two in October so we'll see if she cuts him off then. Lol

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:

But the point is, it's not about you. If you're nursing someone else's baby for your OWN ENJOYMENT, then a boundary is probably being crossed. Ultimately, this comes down to consent. No means no. Kelsey brushed it off the first time, and that should have been the end of it.

If your friend is fine with it, then that's great, but I wouldn't expect to have that reaction from just anyone anywhere.
Kelsey didn't seem irritated at all. Like I said, her and Corbin even joked in their vlog about Finn getting the leftovers.

It was just a joke and everyone is taking it way to seriously.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I didn't mean to start an argument about this lol. I'm just gonna stop bc I don't feel like filling up pages with my opinions on sharing milk. I don't find it wrong to share milk if a mother isn't around, the child doesn't have a mother, the child is really hungry and there's no milk, etc. but I just don't trust Missy's intentions right now. It seemed more like a desire to breastfeed June rather than a willingness to breastfeed her if it's necessary. I could be wrong and I'd rather just decide that now than keep arguing about it, albeit our "arguing" was pretty calm and respectful, so props to all of us.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So there has been some discussion about Ollie and his violent nature on the PetPeeves board and i thought of something..
Corbin and Kelsey seem like pretty peaceful, non violent folks. I'm pretty confidant they won't be allowing toy guns in the house (good for them, although we shall see) but i wonder what they think about Ollie and his love of all things violent? I would love to be a fly on the wall if Ollie pretends to kill or hurt June.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I put this on the petpeeves board but I will put it here too. I believe children mimic what they see every day. I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3, Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I put this on the petpeeves board but I will put it here too. I believe children mimic what they see every day. I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3, Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

I agree they have him watching inappropriate videos and they buy him the toys.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I put this on the petpeeves board but I will put it here too. I believe children mimic what they see every day. I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3, Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

This was sort of my point in response to the argument that they aren't filmed all day. I really think when Ollie isn't being filmed he's just hanging out watching Missy on her phone or Bryan playing video games. I just don't think they are talking to or playing with him when the camera is off if they barely do it when the camera is on. I can see why someone might object to the idea that most YT children are delayed in some way, I sometimes eye-roll at those comments myself, but Oliver is 100% has some notable concerns that I don't feel are being addressed.

But what do we know, we've only been watching the vlogs since before he was born....

Return to “Daily Bumps”