Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDesperateToGoViral Part 89

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I put this on the petpeeves board but I will put it here too. I believe children mimic what they see every day. I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3, Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was sort of my point in response to the argument that they aren't filmed all day. I really think when Ollie isn't being filmed he's just hanging out watching Missy on her phone or Bryan playing video games. I just don't think they are talking to or playing with him when the camera is off if they barely do it when the camera is on. I can see why someone might object to the idea that most YT children are delayed in some way, I sometimes eye-roll at those comments myself, but Oliver is 100% has some notable concerns that I don't feel are being addressed.

But what do we know, we've only been watching the vlogs since before he was born....
THEY ONLY SHOW YOU 10 MINS OF THEIR DAY GOD HATERZZZZZZ :lol: *bold capslock sarcasm font*
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

Since they are a gun supporting family...remember they vlogged Missy and her dad shooting at a range and she was loving it...I wouldn't be surprised if the toy gun thing was encouraged from her dad. I can see them all having a conversation about how they are all trained in gun safety and one day he will be old enough to shoot a real gun himself, so why not let him have the toy ones since they are just toys.

I also wouldn't be surprised if papa has a registered gun in his house. Nothing wrong with that but Ollie could be exposed to it sight wise if he hasn't been already.

There are gun families who start their kids off super young learning how to use them.

It was just to simple and quick how they went from "no guns" to letting him have free reign with them. Yeah, it does look like it could have just been pure laziness to not have enforced the rule but I think there might be more to it than just that.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Coolowl wrote:Since they are a gun supporting family...remember they vlogged Missy and her dad shooting at a range and she was loving it...I wouldn't be surprised if the toy gun thing was encouraged from her dad. I can see them all having a conversation about how they are all trained in gun safety and one day he will be old enough to shoot a real gun himself, so why not let him have the toy ones since they are just toys.

I also wouldn't be surprised if papa has a registered gun in his house. Nothing wrong with that but Ollie could be exposed to it sight wise if he hasn't been already.

There are gun families who start their kids off super young learning how to use them.

It was just to simple and quick how they went from "no guns" to letting him have free reign with them. Yeah, it does look like it could have just been pure laziness to not have enforced the rule but I think there might be more to it than just that.
Hell maybe poppa stepped in and told them it was BS to ban gun play. "missy you grew up playing with guns! It's fine!!' ummm no...

I'm not anti gun all together, we have guns, my husband has several and my 16 year old hunts regularly with his grandfather. But guns were never ever ever toys in our house and i wouldn't let my son even have a COD game until this past year.
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

Playsinrain wrote:
Coolowl wrote:Since they are a gun supporting family...remember they vlogged Missy and her dad shooting at a range and she was loving it...I wouldn't be surprised if the toy gun thing was encouraged from her dad. I can see them all having a conversation about how they are all trained in gun safety and one day he will be old enough to shoot a real gun himself, so why not let him have the toy ones since they are just toys.

Hell maybe poppa stepped in and told them it was BS to ban gun play. "missy you grew up playing with guns! It's fine!!' ummm no...

I'm not anti gun all together, we have guns, my husband has several and my 16 year old hunts regularly with his grandfather. But guns were never ever ever toys in our house and i wouldn't let my son even have a COD game until this past year.
Didn't papa make him a wooden toy gun that he is not allowed to play with because it's used as a decoration?

I know there is something he made Ollie that he's not allowed to play with but i just can't remember exactly what it is. They are scared he is going to mess up the wood.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Coolowl wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Didn't papa make him a wooden toy gun that he is not allowed to play with because it's used as a decoration?

I know there is something he made Ollie that he's not allowed to play with but i just can't remember exactly what it is. They are scared he is going to mess up the wood.
He's made guns (which oddly enough i recall seeing it on their entertainment center recently in the vlogs) knives, cars, teethers... none of which i think they ever play with. Which is fine if they are just trying to keep them out of harms way until they can appreciate them, but i think poppa made them with the intentions of them playing with them. But yes, point being that Poppa has encouraged the gun play in fact that he made a toy gun for the boys.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Coolowl wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

If I remember correctly he made him some sort of knife and maybe a gun that shoots rubber bands. But i could be confusing it with something else

ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

Where are their wrinkles..?[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... c84e77.jpg[/img]
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I put this on the petpeeves board but I will put it here too. I believe children mimic what they see every day. I think ollies gun violence comes from him watching Bryan play video games. And look what his favorite movie was when he was barely 3, Jurassic world, Star Wars. These aren't exactly child friendly movies. My 3.5 year old watches paw patrol and pj masks.

This was sort of my point in response to the argument that they aren't filmed all day. I really think when Ollie isn't being filmed he's just hanging out watching Missy on her phone or Bryan playing video games. I just don't think they are talking to or playing with him when the camera is off if they barely do it when the camera is on. I can see why someone might object to the idea that most YT children are delayed in some way, I sometimes eye-roll at those comments myself, but Oliver is 100% has some notable concerns that I don't feel are being addressed.

But what do we know, we've only been watching the vlogs since before he was born....
Plus, they went from taking his guns away, to "just don't shoot people or pets" to "Get Jeff! Shoot him!" In the span of a week. There are no rules and no consequences. My son got obsessed with guns from his stepbrothers' video games, which turned into an obsession with WWII history, but we had to work with him, because a little kid pretending to shoot people might be cute, but young man doing it is creepy. I mentioned it in the pet peeves thread too-- you have to be consistent.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

I don't have kids so correct me if I'm wrong but I found it weird Bryan saying "not even 8 and he is already asleep." Shouldn't kids Ollies age still be going to bed by 8pm?
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

ladyju28 wrote:Where are their wrinkles..?[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... c84e77.jpg[/img]
Weight gain will smooth them out a bitImage

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tgo93 wrote:I don't have kids so correct me if I'm wrong but I found it weird Bryan saying "not even 8 and he is already asleep." Shouldn't kids Ollies age still be going to bed by 8pm?
My kids were in bed by that time when they were his age!! I think the reason he was shocked by it is Bc they let Ollie stay up as long as he pleases most nights. It was super rare he was asleep by that time. I hope he woke them up at like 6:30am and the nightstand snacks didn't keep him satisfied lol
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

ladyju28 wrote:Where are their wrinkles..?[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... c84e77.jpg[/img]
Photoshop

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

Bryan even made playing harry potter into a violent game by telling Ollie to use the killing curse spell on Missy. How nice of him to show his oldest how to kill his mother. It maybe a made up fake thing but the meaning and action of killing and death is still there.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Ok this is totally off topic but this family doesn't have a thread on ytmd and talking about ollies speech delay reminded me. I only watch them a couple times a week but just thought today that roman Atwood's son Kane doesn't talk? I've only seen him nod his head. Have they discussed this in the vlogs?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ok this is totally off topic but this family doesn't have a thread on ytmd and talking about ollies speech delay reminded me. I only watch them a couple times a week but just thought today that roman Atwood's son Kane doesn't talk? I've only seen him nod his head. Have they discussed this in the vlogs?

Nope. He's supposedly being homeschooled. He gets no interaction except for family. His cousin is about the same age, and is doing fine. Kane basically runs wild and plays video games.
They do have a thread in Guru Gossip. Just not very active.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ok this is totally off topic but this family doesn't have a thread on ytmd and talking about ollies speech delay reminded me. I only watch them a couple times a week but just thought today that roman Atwood's son Kane doesn't talk? I've only seen him nod his head. Have they discussed this in the vlogs?

He talks just not a lot as he seems shy. However, the kid hates books but loves video games. He is 4 but not in preschool yet. His speech isn't great, no, but he talks better than Ollie when he does speak. At least Kane doesn't seem to have the lisp Ollie sounds to have inherited from Missy.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Ugh, I expected the comments to be minions saying 'Finn and June' and 'Ollie and Gaines' which is disgusting enough but no most of the comments I saw were saying Ollie is fine because he is with Peyton...who is, his f*cking cousin (once removed? But still) do they not realize that?? And of course, they are preschoolers ughh
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Person wearing white at 2:31? Cleaning lady? You can also see her at 2:28 carrying something
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

avabrooke1226 wrote:Person wearing white at 2:31? Cleaning lady? You can also see her at 2:28 carrying something
I had to look, lol. That lady has the same body structure as the one who was by the dishwasher the other day. Secret housekeeper exposed. Lol
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

CallieT wrote:Ugh, I expected the comments to be minions saying 'Finn and June' and 'Ollie and Gaines' which is disgusting enough but no most of the comments I saw were saying Ollie is fine because he is with Peyton...who is, his f*cking cousin (once removed? But still) do they not realize that?? And of course, they are preschoolers ughh
I honestly think a lot of those commenters don't realize they are cousins, and if they do then they are warped.

Return to “Daily Bumps”