C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Unread post by askeptichere »

Cullen tweeted last night that he was going to go look for the snake to kill it with a shovel. "Ssssssspread the love." Obviously he's looking for controversy. Hey Cullen, you know that owl you saw? Better kill that, too because it could swoop down and take Emma in an instant. And then go driving around your subdivision late at night looking for Coyotes to run over. Next time you go to the beach, don't forget your spear incase you happen to see a shark.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:A snake like that isn't going to harm a human or a dog, and if they had any sense or compassion they'd know that. Anything for views though!
I don't think it was for the vlog or just for views, that snake would have been dead if they were on youtube or not. Don't blame them one bit.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm not going to speak on the snake thing anymore bc well.. :horse: but i really don't remember this much uproar about Missy and Bryan killing snakes left and right when they first moved, before they got the snake fence put in. I guess it's another example of people not being able to find much to gripe about with C&K so when something does happen it blows up like a bomb. I guess thats a good thing though.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:I'm not going to speak on the snake thing anymore bc well.. :horse: but i really don't remember this much uproar about Missy and Bryan killing snakes left and right when they first moved, before they got the snake fence put in. I guess it's another example of people not being able to find much to gripe about with C&K so when something does happen it blows up like a bomb. I guess thats a good thing though.
I don't watch the bumps. Did they drive their car through their yard to kill the snakes?
I agree that maybe we nitpick C&K sometimes, but I feel like the snake thing was a pretty big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I'm not going to speak on the snake thing anymore bc well.. :horse: but i really don't remember this much uproar about Missy and Bryan killing snakes left and right when they first moved, before they got the snake fence put in. I guess it's another example of people not being able to find much to gripe about with C&K so when something does happen it blows up like a bomb. I guess thats a good thing though.
I don't watch the bumps. Did they drive their car through their yard to kill the snakes?
I agree that maybe we nitpick C&K sometimes, but I feel like the snake thing was a pretty big deal.

No but they had poppa catch them and shoot them. I see no difference and Katie didn't even harm the snake when she did that, and like i have said before, i would have done exactly what Katie did so it really doesn't upset me. It doesn't upset me that B&M killed the snakes either... except for the fact that they sent poppa out on the property to find snakes that weren't even close to the house and kill them. There is no telling how many he killed. Plus they have all the snake killing traps on the property now too, they have killed plenty of snakes. I'm not going to go out of my way to hunt down snakes on my land and kill them, but you better believe that if it's in my front yard or next to my driveway in my front yard it's gonna be a dead snake.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

What bothers me most is the fact that she went after it with her car. Then she got out to check to see if she killed it. What if it wasn't dead, but just injured? Would she have gotten back in the car to finish it off? Run it over three or four more times? Left it there to writhe and die in pain? I don't condone killing a typically harmless snake just because you think it's gross or that maybe it could harm someone or a pet. But if you're going to kill it, at least do it in a way that won't cause the animal to suffer there in pain, or call someone who can do it for you.

And if she had injured or killed it, would they have left any of that footage in the vlog? Doubtful. If anything they would have just talked about it after the fact and gloss over the details.

Shooting snakes is just as dumb, and if I were to follow DB, I imagine I would have reacted similarly.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:What bothers me most is the fact that she went after it with her car. Then she got out to check to see if she killed it. What if it wasn't dead, but just injured? Would she have gotten back in the car to finish it off? Run it over three or four more times? Left it there to writhe and die in pain? I don't condone killing a typically harmless snake just because you think it's gross or that maybe it could harm someone or a pet. But if you're going to kill it, at least do it in a way that won't cause the animal to suffer there in pain, or call someone who can do it for you.

And if she had injured or killed it, would they have left any of that footage in the vlog? Doubtful. If anything they would have just talked about it after the fact and gloss over the details.

Shooting snakes is just as dumb, and if I were to follow DB, I imagine I would have reacted similarly.
She probably would have ran it over a few more times to make sure it was dead, and no i don't think it would have been in the vlogs. Kinda like Cullen and the golf club, i was hoping that if he was going to wack it with it, that he didn't show it. Just bc i kill a snake doesn't mean that i enjoy it or want to see the carnage or think its a pleasant and fun thing to do. But I still want it dead.
I know people don't agree with me and thats fine, i dont agree with just letting the snakes be if they are in my space. I don't want to cause bad feelings against each other here over some snake talk. I'm sorry if my opinion about the situation upsets anyone, and i hope that we can move on and put all this behind us. #snakegate2017 lol
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:What bothers me most is the fact that she went after it with her car. Then she got out to check to see if she killed it. What if it wasn't dead, but just injured? Would she have gotten back in the car to finish it off? Run it over three or four more times? Left it there to writhe and die in pain? I don't condone killing a typically harmless snake just because you think it's gross or that maybe it could harm someone or a pet. But if you're going to kill it, at least do it in a way that won't cause the animal to suffer there in pain, or call someone who can do it for you.

She probably would have ran it over a few more times to make sure it was dead, and no i don't think it would have been in the vlogs. Kinda like Cullen and the golf club, i was hoping that if he was going to wack it with it, that he didn't show it. Just bc i kill a snake doesn't mean that i enjoy it or want to see the carnage or think its a pleasant and fun thing to do. But I still want it dead.
I know people don't agree with me and thats fine, i dont agree with just letting the snakes be if they are in my space. I don't want to cause bad feelings against each other here over some snake talk. I'm sorry if my opinion about the situation upsets anyone, and i hope that we can move on and put all this behind us. #snakegate2017 lol
lol snakegate. Next thread title?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

lol snakegate. Next thread title?
I thought the same thing when i wrote that :lol:
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Pleasantly surprised that Cullen didn't milk his eye issue or make it a huge deal. And I literally lol'd and rolled my eyes when he joked about how Brooks has to be an easy toddler because of how dramatic he is as a baby. If he's anything like my daughter, they have no idea what's coming, and definitely may reconsider more babies.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And the snakes on DB were mostly rattlesnakes. They did kill one that wasn't venomous, and people did comment.

And two other things: water moccasins and cottonmouths are the same thing. And just because everyone in your area says poisonous instead of venomous, doesn't make it correct. Katie was still wrong in saying it might be "poisonous".
PlaysinRain, don't stress. You're allowed your opinion and you're always respectful, so I personally am not upset!
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

I'm assuming they aren't going to vidcon?

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ohhh Cullen's eye looks awful and so painful it was so swollen. Poor guy!
Gaines saying "happy summer day" and pointing at her shirt like she was reading is was so dang cute! lol
Ohhhh shit.. eye ulcers are NOT good. I hope he's been taking correct care of his contacts, that kinda stuff can get bad quick. Yikes
Brooks using Katie's hands to play peek a boo was so adorable!! He's such a cute little boy!! His dramatics make me giggle.. lordy mercy
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:And the snakes on DB were mostly rattlesnakes. They did kill one that wasn't venomous, and people did comment.

And two other things: water moccasins and cottonmouths are the same thing. And just because everyone in your area says poisonous instead of venomous, doesn't make it correct. Katie was still wrong in saying it might be "poisonous".
PlaysinRain, don't stress. You're allowed your opinion and you're always respectful, so I personally am not upset!
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I have a feeling DB killed a lot more than what they showed. Missy was not ok with those snakes.

I do, myself know that cottonmouths and water moccasins are the same thing, i think i had listed them separately before, but it's was just a mind slip, naming them off in my brain i called them by both names. I think the other poster wasn't saying that poisonous was right, just that thats why she said that, ive always called them poisonous as well and never thought about the fact that venomous and poisonous meant such different things. ( i do get it though, snakes and bees have venom, ant killer and sumac are poison...)
Thanks.. lol :)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tnchk1187 wrote:I'm assuming they aren't going to vidcon?

I thought that they mentioned going at one point but maybe i'm wrong bc they don't seem like they are. The less i have to see E&J and the lumps in their vlogs the better. Convention vlogs always bore me to tears anyway lol
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:

No but they had poppa catch them and shoot them. I see no difference and Katie didn't even harm the snake when she did that, and like i have said before, i would have done exactly what Katie did so it really doesn't upset me. It doesn't upset me that B&M killed the snakes either... except for the fact that they sent poppa out on the property to find snakes that weren't even close to the house and kill them. There is no telling how many he killed. Plus they have all the snake killing traps on the property now too, they have killed plenty of snakes. I'm not going to go out of my way to hunt down snakes on my land and kill them, but you better believe that if it's in my front yard or next to my driveway in my front yard it's gonna be a dead snake.
The difference between missy and Bryan and C&k where m&b would only kill venemous rattle snakes and relocate the harmless snakes. C&k went on and on about how the only good snake is a dead snake. Maybe I missed a vlog where they killed a non-venemous but I really don't remember one. Edited to add I do remember a gardener or fence people killed a rat snake and m&b showed it in the vlog and claimed they wouldn't have killed it. I might be wrong but I do remember being pretty upset with them when all the snake stuff was going on.

Last edited by MommaLindsey2 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:

I thought that they mentioned going at one point but maybe i'm wrong bc they don't seem like they are. The less i have to see E&J and the lumps in their vlogs the better. Convention vlogs always bore me to tears anyway lol
I don't ever remember them specifically saying vidcon, but they have been saying they have a lot of fun things happening this weekend, so maybe they're waiting to say until they get there.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

There was a ton of talk about killing the snakes on the DB board. I was one of the people that was outraged they were going outside of their fence to find snakes and kill them. I agree they probably killed a ton of them, but for me that doesn't change the fact that Katie was willing to hit one with her car. Like someone else said, what if she left it suffering?

I like C&K, and so feel that they get nitpicked a lot, but I don't think they are getting heat for this one just because there isn't much else to talk about.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

I don't ever remember them specifically saying vidcon, but they have been saying they have a lot of fun things happening this weekend, so maybe they're waiting to say until they get there.

I could be wrong, i just remember them talking about being super busy for the next few weeks and listing off some things and i thought vidcon was one of them. I may have just made that part up in my head. Normally they talk about packing and shopping before an event like that so thats why i assume they aren't going.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I would actually be surprised if they go after the amount of complaining they did at playlist because the kids were so demanding. Cullen even said they wouldn't be doing another convention unless they had someone else to watch the kids.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”