John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by emilynicole1435 »

actuallydear wrote:Let's be real, she probably judges Rachelle for not grieving enough, meaning she didn't love her daughter and much as Joan loved hers.

And then on the other side of the coin, she probably thinks Rachelle isn't entitled to grieve as much because she didn't love her daughter as long as she loved hers because she was full term with Maeve.

But by that theory the argument from when Joan snapped at another loss mom for having longer with her kid...

Basically, Joan will always win the pain olympics because she loved Maeve The Most.
Joan would try to tell the family who's twenty-two year old son died after being tortured by North Korea that her pain was still worse than theirs :-/
hwarner
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hwarner »

Of course her pain is worse. That family got 22 YEARS with their son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

emilynicole1435 wrote:
actuallydear wrote:Let's be real, she probably judges Rachelle for not grieving enough, meaning she didn't love her daughter and much as Joan loved hers.

And then on the other side of the coin, she probably thinks Rachelle isn't entitled to grieve as much because she didn't love her daughter as long as she loved hers because she was full term with Maeve.

But by that theory the argument from when Joan snapped at another loss mom for having longer with her kid...

Basically, Joan will always win the pain olympics because she loved Maeve The Most.
Joan would try to tell the family who's twenty-two year old son died after being tortured by North Korea that her pain was still worse than theirs :-/
Well of course, I mean she and John would never let Maeve go to North Korea, those parents obviously didn't love their son. AND even if Maeve went to North Korea, she would NEVER make a stupid mistake and get in trouble there because she would have been perfect and they would have parented her perfectly. Obviously those parents weren't even good parents. (sarcasm) No matter Joan is better and would have been a better mom to a better baby than anyone else and because she didn't get to be the best mom to the best baby she has the worst pain of everyone ever. When they do have a child someday, you know they're going to look at that kid someday and say "Why couldn't you be more like Maeve" and they won't even realize how crazy that is.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

literallywhat wrote:
emilynicole1435 wrote:

Well of course, I mean she and John would never let Maeve go to North Korea, those parents obviously didn't love their son. AND even if Maeve went to North Korea, she would NEVER make a stupid mistake and get in trouble there because she would have been perfect and they would have parented her perfectly. Obviously those parents weren't even good parents. (sarcasm) No matter Joan is better and would have been a better mom to a better baby than anyone else and because she didn't get to be the best mom to the best baby she has the worst pain of everyone ever. When they do have a child someday, you know they're going to look at that kid someday and say "Why couldn't you be more like Maeve" and they won't even realize how crazy that is.
That's exactly what I think. I think that no real child, not even Maeve herself would be able to live up to the fantasy Maeve that she's created in her head. Real kids have their own ideas, and it's not always what the parents envisioned. Which should be fine. If you love your kids, you support their choices (except obviously when their choice is something like heroin or drinking beer in a dark room all day). But she's got this perfect fantasy baby girl who probably hardly cries, never has tantrums, definitely doesn't have colic, and loves bicycles and Joan's singing. It's sad.
Personal, but with a point: my uncle's first wife died of polio, and on the rebound, he married an awful woman. So, for most of my childhood, I heard about my sainted Aunt who died so young, and the evil stepmother. Except from my mom, who said that my aunt would be the first one to roll her eyes at her own beatification and laugh at it. It's human nature to imagine the dead as saintly and flawless, but it isn't healthy to keep it up, because everyone is flawed somehow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

joan posted a photo of louise asleep in the bottom of a shopping cart (real professional behaviour for a dog that supposedly works for her...) and this happened

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 631c62.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 76247f.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 7e54fc.png[/img]

even joan's got ride or die minions now too! it's so annoying how selfish they are with taking louise around everywhere with them
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Even though obviously what Joan is doing is wrong by taking Louise almost anywhere, there are much bigger fish to fry. A lot of places don't care if you bring in non-service animals even if you're not supposed to, or the employees are just too timid to confront anyone. Louise sleeping in a cart is not as bad as some things I've seen. I have seen a bulldog actually sitting on top of a table at a restaurant (inside), and once I saw a pet dingo in Whole Foods. Yes, you heard that right, a DINGO. I have a feeling John and Joan live in a somewhat small community and most people there know them and don't really care if they take Louise with them, and/or know that if they ask them to remove Louise they will get the full story of Maeve and probably want to avoid having that conversation.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

They seriously take a fucking stuffed fox everywhere with them? In to Home Depot?

I'm sorry but I fucking can't.

All these people do is sit around and feel sorry for themselves. What do they think about people who go through this sort of thing who have to return to demanding full time jobs and who have several other kids to care for? That they're not grieving as much or didn't love their baby as much? They literally think the whole world revolves around them and their problems. A friend of mine had a stillbirth at 41 weeks, but she had twin toddlers to care for full time as her husband worked out of town a lot (and I believe only got a week or less off after this happened) and returned to her successful photography business less than a month later. Is she absolutely broken inside? I'm sure! But she tends to her adult responsibilities and doesn't act like the world needs to stop for her.

literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

fossilfinger wrote:Even though obviously what Joan is doing is wrong by taking Louise almost anywhere, there are much bigger fish to fry. A lot of places don't care if you bring in non-service animals even if you're not supposed to, or the employees are just too timid to confront anyone. Louise sleeping in a cart is not as bad as some things I've seen. I have seen a bulldog actually sitting on top of a table at a restaurant (inside), and once I saw a pet dingo in Whole Foods. Yes, you heard that right, a DINGO. I have a feeling John and Joan live in a somewhat small community and most people there know them and don't really care if they take Louise with them, and/or know that if they ask them to remove Louise they will get the full story of Maeve and probably want to avoid having that conversation.
I think the frustration is that these two literally do not think the rules apply to them. Rather than acknowledging that it technically isn't allowed but that they've received consent from the businesses in the area, they act like they are above the rules because they lost a child and John taunts people trying to educate them online. They scam people out of money with their various gofundme's and Joan is insensitive to other loss moms. These two are absolutely out of touch with reality or just so self absorbed that they don't care.
charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

How can she say it's an emotional support dog, if she's sleeping? She literally can't sense if anything is bothering her? How does that make sense? I'm not doubting that her dog helps her, but that doesn't mean she's above the law. It makes people who go that route look badly.
There is someone in my town who has a dog who sits on his shoulder and can sense heart defects. Everyone assumes it's not a real support dog, but he's told me that his dog can sense his heart problems. His dog would NEVER be asleep in a store. (I worked at Target, that's how I met him).
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

When I worked at Walmart as a 19 year old we had to ask if it was a service animal. That's it, it could be a monkey or hamster and they could keep it in the store. Asking for proof could get us in trouble. Later the rule changed and we weren't even allowed to ask, we just had to ignore it. I'm not sure what the rule is now.

charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:When I worked at Walmart as a 19 year old we had to ask if it was a service animal. That's it, it could be a monkey or hamster and they could keep it in the store. Asking for proof could get us in trouble. Later the rule changed and we weren't even allowed to ask, we just had to ignore it. I'm not sure what the rule is now.

It's illegal to ask if it's a support animal. Or at least in NH.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The HIPAA laws make it hard. When I worked at Applebee's, they said we could ask if it was a support animal, but not what it was needed for. There's a lot of misinformation out there.

charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:The HIPAA laws make it hard. When I worked at Applebee's, they said we could ask if it was a support animal, but not what it was needed for. There's a lot of misinformation out there.

I actually just looked it up, and I was wrong, it's not illegal! You can ask if it's a service animal. But it also makes very clear that pets are not service animals! Whether someone can ask or not, it's still not appropriate for her "service dog" to be sleeping in cart in the store, in my opinion.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And she says she doesn't take it to grocery stores but posts pictures in Target. Which sells groceries.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

lmmomSD wrote:And she says she doesn't take it to grocery stores but posts pictures in Target. Which sells groceries.

Hasn't she said the only reason she doesn't take it in to grocery stores/Walmart is because they've asked her not to? I'm guessing no one has said anything to her st Target, so Joan does as Joan pleases. She doesn't give a shit if they sell groceries and some people may not appreciate random pets in the store.

librarylion
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by librarylion »

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I'm obsessed with service animal vlogs as i want to train a service dog (or get my dog certified as a therapy dog) one day in the future....like years in the future.
Legally, employees can ask two questions: 1. Is it a service animal? 2. What service does it provide.
If the animal does not act like a working animal in your establishment (i.e. aggressive behavior or literally sleeping on the job) you can ask them to remove the animal. But it's slippery though. Service animals are not required to carry any certification or tags. They dont even need a vest. It's more on the employees to be aware of there is an animal that might not be a service animal, and on the owners to tell the truth.
ESAs are literally only meant for people to have as comforts. They are allowed on airlines (in case you have to go on a business trip). You can get special housing with them if you're a college student who isn't allowed go have pets, but you have to have a doctor's note for any of this. They are only there to provide support to their one owner. Otherwise, not allowed in public....which is why her dog isn't allowed in the therapists office.....because they probably understand the law.
Therapy dogs provide support to many people (usually elderly or sick people). They just go in to a hospital or retirement home and sit there and let people pet them. They are pretty cool, but they do have to be certified. There is a whole test and course they have to take, and you cant take them with you in public
Joan COULD have her dog be a service dog if she trained her to do certain tasks, and then she could take her everywhere, legally. She could train her herself because service dogs dont have to take a test or be certified. But she is so special, she can just keep breaking the law because she is the only person in the whole wide world to experience the pain she has gone through

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

It drives me nuts that she keeps saying that Louise has her tags for being a ESA. It has already been brought to her attention that those online tags as a scam. Louise doesn't need tags...she only needs a doctors note that she is needed for emotional support. And as previous poster said, then she'd be allowed in housing and on airlines. Not in stores. Not wherever Joan pleases. There is a difference between taking your dog who you love to dog friendly stores with you and needing a dog for emotional support. Joan simply wants Louise with her. I think it makes her feel special. Joan is an ass.

It reminds me of the memes that go around:

This is Joan
Joan thinks she can do as she pleases because she is sad
Joan belittles other's pain and acts like she is the only one to suffer loss
Don't be like Joan
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I wonder if Joan can't get a doctor's note because they don't feel she needs Louise with her. What if it isn't the comfort Louise brings that she needs, but the visual representation that she's special and different? Someone asking about Louise would bring up Joan's PTSD and therefor Maeve right?
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

HelloSweetie wrote:I wonder if Joan can't get a doctor's note because they don't feel she needs Louise with her. What if it isn't the comfort Louise brings that she needs, but the visual representation that she's special and different? Someone asking about Louise would bring up Joan's PTSD and therefor Maeve right?
Yes to all of this! I think it speaks volumes that her therapist doesn't allow Louise in the office.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”