Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by staceymj »

HelloSweetie wrote:Didn't Bonnie say she wanted to get back into the habit of working out to feel better and have more energy? I don't recall her saying it was all about losing weight.
I didn't either, I took it as a fun thing they're doing together everyday, which I think is really sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by amyfalafal »

staceybrax wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Didn't Bonnie say she wanted to get back into the habit of working out to feel better and have more energy? I don't recall her saying it was all about losing weight.
I didn't either, I took it as a fun thing they're doing together everyday, which I think is really sweet.

I agree. Especially if it's the type Bonnie has done in the past. Like a Zumba wanna be work out then that can be fun.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

staceybrax wrote:

When I was Olivia's age, I "worked out" with my mom. Basically I half-assed my way through Sweatin' to the Oldies while she really went at it. It was just another way to hang out with my mom. Similar to me "cleaning the house" with a fake vacuum when I was 3 lol.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Am I imagining things, or does Lincoln have a massive bruise on his forehead at the beginning of today's vlog???
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

I've loved the vlogs the last 2 days. Bonnie has got her sass back. They seem to be genuinely happy. The last 4 months were weird, I hope the vlogs continue like this and not go down Rubys lane.

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I love Bonnie but she's not a taurus if her birthday's nov 27th or do the mormons see astro differently...
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

It's kind of ridiculous how hard they're trying to keep Lincoln in a crib. He's almost two, he doesn't need to be in a crib. Obviously he's more than ready to be out of it. Moments like this are why I believe Bonnie 100% wants another baby but doesn't have one because she can't handle it. She goes to extreme measures to keep Lincoln as babyish as possible for as long as she can. She's smart enough to know he'd be just fine in a toddler bed or even a mattress on the floor.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Caisflame wrote:It's kind of ridiculous how hard they're trying to keep Lincoln in a crib. He's almost two, he doesn't need to be in a crib. Obviously he's more than ready to be out of it. Moments like this are why I believe Bonnie 100% wants another baby but doesn't have one because she can't handle it. She goes to extreme measures to keep Lincoln as babyish as possible for as long as she can. She's smart enough to know he'd be just fine in a toddler bed or even a mattress on the floor.
I completely agree that it's about Bonnie and what she is/isn't ready for. Know what though? I get it. I really get it :(

It's really hard to admit you're at the point in your life when you're done having babies. I struggled with that myself, and taking down the crib was at least a transition for me with most of my children (crib turned into a toddler bed). With my last, she just wasn't having it and we were unexpectedly faced with the prospect of having to go out and buy a new bed and take the toddler/crib bed down asap. I didn't have time to prepare myself for it, and I'll admit it was really hard. We persisted with the toddler bed awhile longer because I wasn't ready, but it just wasn't working out. Eventually I was ready, and I"m sure Bonnie will be too.

There are ways that kids can be held back and babied too much to the point where it has a detrimental effect on their development, but I don't feel that sleeping in a crib for another month of so is one of them. I know Bonnie probably realizes he'd be fine on a mattress on the floor, but I get that it's about far more than that. Not saying it needs to make sense to others, but it definitely is something I can understand having recently gone through it myself.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

menehune wrote: I completely agree that it's about Bonnie and what she is/isn't ready for. Know what though? I get it. I really get it :(

It's really hard to admit you're at the point in your life when you're done having babies. I struggled with that myself, and taking down the crib was at least a transition for me with most of my children (crib turned into a toddler bed). With my last, she just wasn't having it and we were unexpectedly faced with the prospect of having to go out and buy a new bed and take the toddler/crib bed down asap. I didn't have time to prepare myself for it, and I'll admit it was really hard. We persisted with the toddler bed awhile longer because I wasn't ready, but it just wasn't working out. Eventually I was ready, and I"m sure Bonnie will be too.

There are ways that kids can be held back and babied too much to the point where it has a detrimental effect on their development, but I don't feel that sleeping in a crib for another month of so is one of them. I know Bonnie probably realizes he'd be fine on a mattress on the floor, but I get that it's about far more than that. Not saying it needs to make sense to others, but it definitely is something I can understand having recently gone through it myself.
You aren't alone, I totally get it. My oldest used his crib/toddler bed until he was almost 5! We kept it for when we had another so it didn't sting so much. With my youngest he pretty much hated the whole thing toddler bed idea from day 1 so we had no choice but to rush out and buy him a twin. It was really hard for me, and if I had an option to try and make things work a little longer, I probably would have.

But most of the kids I know didn't switch to toddler beds until they were almost 3, so I don't really understand the hard line people here always have about baby vs toddler. Climbing out of the crib is certainly an indicator that he's ready for a different bed, but if he wasn't I wouldn't care if a 2 year old was in a crib.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I can't believe Bonnie was willing to spend $1000 on a ring on vacation... she could EASILY find some good quality, hand made items in Hawaii that would have been so much cheaper... Hell, what she did pay is still absurd to me.

Comforting to see Joel's car passed its test, at least we know the car won't fall apart? Still wish they would properly secure their children in the car.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I hate to admit this but it made me a little sad to hear they won't have more. While normally I would encourage this with most people and especially vloggers, their children are just so fun to watch and sweet normal kids that seem to get a lot of love and attention. I probably like B&J the most out of most vloggers I watch and definitely are my favorites out of the whole Griffin clan. Not that I don't see things that make me eye roll from time to time but they are the least cringe worthy for the most part. :D ( I must be in a good mood) :D
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

KaterTot wrote:I hate to admit this but it made me a little sad to hear they won't have more. While normally I would encourage this with most people and especially vloggers, their children are just so fun to watch and sweet normal kids that seem to get a lot of love and attention. I probably like B&J the most out of most vloggers I watch and definitely are my favorites out of the whole Griffin clan. Not that I don't see things that make me eye roll from time to time but they are the least cringe worthy for the most part. :D ( I must be in a good mood) :D
I really think it comes down the the house not being big enough and them not wanting to move.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She mentioned spending a grand on a ring in Hawaii? That doesn't seem very "humble". We don't need to know how much her stuff costs. I haven't watched in ages.
I also get it being hard to admit that you're done having babies. I had to have a hysterectomy when I was 33. And it sucked when some of my friends got pregnant. I was happy with my two, but it was knowing that I couldn't change my mind that was upsetting. The finality of it. That's why I think it's important for women to have something of their own, not necessarily a career, but some kind of identity outside of wife and mother. So when they can't or just don't want to have kids anymore, or the kids grow up, they still have an identity all their own.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Personally, I really hope they never move to a bigger house - i really think if they did move, they would definitely have at least one more. While I love the kids and think they're cute and entertaining, that doesn't change the fact that (I think) Bonnie and Joel can't handle another baby.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:She mentioned spending a grand on a ring in Hawaii? That doesn't seem very "humble". We don't need to know how much her stuff costs. I haven't watched in ages.
I also get it being hard to admit that you're done having babies. I had to have a hysterectomy when I was 33. And it sucked when some of my friends got pregnant. I was happy with my two, but it was knowing that I couldn't change my mind that was upsetting. The finality of it. That's why I think it's important for women to have something of their own, not necessarily a career, but some kind of identity outside of wife and mother. So when they can't or just don't want to have kids anymore, or the kids grow up, they still have an identity all their own.

Yeah, she wanted a gold ring to bring home from Hawaii when she went with Ellie - the price tag on the ring was $1000 (which she seemed totally fine with paying), the woman told her last week she had a 50% off sale and that she'd give her that price (because Bonnie was questioning the quality of the ring, she didn't want to buy something that would turn her finger green for that much), then the woman gave her another 10% off because she didn't need to have it resized. So she didn't spend anywhere near that much, but she was 100% willing to.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:She mentioned spending a grand on a ring in Hawaii? That doesn't seem very "humble". We don't need to know how much her stuff costs. I haven't watched in ages.

The price was important to the story. I didn't take it as bragging.

Not gonna lie it was a pretty cute ring. I would have paid that much for it if I thought it was real :?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:

The price was important to the story. I didn't take it as bragging.

Not gonna lie it was a pretty cute ring. I would have paid that much for it if I thought it was real :?
Thanks for clarifying!

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also she didn't spend a grand. That was part of the story too, the 60% markdown. It was crucial to the story. I don't find Bonnie to be a bragger as I do a lot of them.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

KaterTot wrote:Also she didn't spend a grand. That was part of the story too, the 60% markdown. It was crucial to the story. I don't find Bonnie to be a bragger as I do a lot of them.

My point was that she was clearly willing to spend the grand, which (to me) I would never spend that much on a piece of jewellery from a vacation.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
KaterTot wrote:I hate to admit this but it made me a little sad to hear they won't have more. While normally I would encourage this with most people and especially vloggers, their children are just so fun to watch and sweet normal kids that seem to get a lot of love and attention. I probably like B&J the most out of most vloggers I watch and definitely are my favorites out of the whole Griffin clan. Not that I don't see things that make me eye roll from time to time but they are the least cringe worthy for the most part. :D ( I must be in a good mood) :D
I really think it comes down the the house not being big enough and them not wanting to move.
That's another admirable trait of them. They don't seem to want to have the big McMansion and live a life they really can't afford. I love what they have done with their house and I think they have the best yard out of everyone. I would definitely rather live in a place like theirs than Jerid and Ellie's place.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”