IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

alym0326 wrote:
KaterTot wrote:Also she didn't spend a grand. That was part of the story too, the 60% markdown. It was crucial to the story. I don't find Bonnie to be a bragger as I do a lot of them.

My point was that she was clearly willing to spend the grand, which (to me) I would never spend that much on a piece of jewellery from a vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it was the first real vacation I think she had taken. Definitely the first in 8 years! She obviously got a lot from Hawaii, I mean, she has decorated her home around it! It was meaningful to her, and I don't see it as a waste for her to want to commemorate that. I personally would rather see her buy a ring to remind her of that, than see her "upgrade" her wedding ring like so many women do... or spend that money on an expensive purse or clothing item.

No one would question if a man bought a woman an expensive piece of jewelry. Why isn't it ok for her to buy one for herself?
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

IceCreamCone wrote:
alym0326 wrote:
KaterTot wrote:Also she didn't spend a grand. That was part of the story too, the 60% markdown. It was crucial to the story. I don't find Bonnie to be a bragger as I do a lot of them.

My point was that she was clearly willing to spend the grand, which (to me) I would never spend that much on a piece of jewellery from a vacation.

But it was the first real vacation I think she had taken. Definitely the first in 8 years! She obviously got a lot from Hawaii, I mean, she has decorated her home around it! It was meaningful to her, and I don't see it as a waste for her to want to commemorate that. I personally would rather see her buy a ring to remind her of that, than see her "upgrade" her wedding ring like so many women do... or spend that money on an expensive purse or clothing item.

No one would question if a man bought a woman an expensive piece of jewelry. Why isn't it ok for her to buy one for herself?
I was just saying that I personally wouldn't do that and think it's absurd, I wouldn't be okay with a man spending that much on a piece of jewellery from a vacation either. There are a lot of local shops where you can get good quality jewellery for much cheaper. It's just my opinion. I just can't justify it.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

alym0326 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:
alym0326 wrote:

I was just saying that I personally wouldn't do that and think it's absurd, I wouldn't be okay with a man spending that much on a piece of jewellery from a vacation either. There are a lot of local shops where you can get good quality jewellery for much cheaper. It's just my opinion. I just can't justify it.

i agree. 1000 bucks for a ring is insane!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, she had just been in Hawaii a month or so before. That wasn't a vacation? It wasn't her first in years. If anything was, that girl's trip to Hawaii was. And she had those few days in NYC with Joel. Maybe it was a work trip, but they sure had a good time!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

alym0326 wrote:

That's the thing about being individual. We all find meaning in different places and things. I'm sure you have a wedding ring, or a family piece of jewelry that you have meaning in and that is over $1000. Is that also a waste of money? Would you refuse a piece of jewelry from our spouse because you felt it was too expensive? The fact that she got it on vacation is redundant. She experienced a meaningful moment in her life and wanted to commemorate it. Not a choice everyone would make, but who cares?

Most women these days want expensive wedding rings, and don't seem to have the sentiment that it's a waste of money. The irony is, that these are usually purchased at a time when a young couple is at their poorest and such an investment is a total waste.
Bonnie and Joel have more than enough money to afford a few meaningful mementos now that they are in a good financial position to do so.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

lmmomSD wrote:Plus, she had just been in Hawaii a month or so before. That wasn't a vacation? It wasn't her first in years. If anything was, that girl's trip to Hawaii was. And she had those few days in NYC with Joel. Maybe it was a work trip, but they sure had a good time!

It was from her first trip.

I think it was pretty clear at the time that she found meaning in it. Honestly, we want vloggers to show their real lives to us, but when they do they get ripped apart for every decision they make.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Bonnie is just a MORON! Who would spend more than $15 on a ring like that??? It looks like it's from a flea market. Yes, she got ripped off...because she's a MORON! From the description of the "store" she might have been at a flea market. I spend most of my time in Hawaii on Maui where there are VERY reputable jewelry stores. I'm certain she was at some booth at the mall or even worse. It's her own fault.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

Namm wrote:I love Bonnie but she's not a taurus if her birthday's nov 27th or do the mormons see astro differently...
She said she was a TOURIST not a Taurus.
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Namm wrote:I love Bonnie but she's not a taurus if her birthday's nov 27th or do the mormons see astro differently...
No, Mormons do not have different astrology signs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Ohnonotme wrote:
People from Utah and Idaho have weird accents, so I could see the confusion.
decdu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by decdu »

ewokfan11 wrote:Bonnie is just a MORON! Who would spend more than $15 on a ring like that??? It looks like it's from a flea market. Yes, she got ripped off...because she's a MORON! From the description of the "store" she might have been at a flea market. I spend most of my time in Hawaii on Maui where there are VERY reputable jewelry stores. I'm certain she was at some booth at the mall or even worse. It's her own fault.
I came here to comment the same thing, it was obviously a cheap ring! It looked cheap! Even if it is 14k gold the band was very thin and the turtle was a shell and not all filled in. Even if it is 14k gold it wouldn't be worth more than 70 dollars maybe a 100 max. Definitely looked super cheap and didn't even fit her finger

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Ohnonotme wrote:
Thanks, you're right.
I think I might need to check my hearing :?
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

menehune wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Plus, she had just been in Hawaii a month or so before. That wasn't a vacation? It wasn't her first in years. If anything was, that girl's trip to Hawaii was. And she had those few days in NYC with Joel. Maybe it was a work trip, but they sure had a good time!

It was from her first trip.

I think it was pretty clear at the time that she found meaning in it. Honestly, we want vloggers to show their real lives to us, but when they do they get ripped apart for every decision they make.
people saying they want vloggers to show their real lives is in opposition to vloggers faking stuff. it doesn't mean people will stop gossiping about stupid or bad things they do if they're just honest about it.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

Bonnie is more than entitled to buy what she wants. Frankly I don't give a f*! I however, totally side a someone spending that much money on a *meaningful* item without any research! I think it's a small town mentality, the kind where you leave your kids with strangers and trust them to be totally truthful with you!

So in saying that, I feel no sympathy for her getting totally ripped off! Stupid attracts stupid!

dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

dw30 wrote:Bonnie is more than entitled to buy what she wants. Frankly I don't give a f*! I however, totally side a someone spending that much money on a *meaningful* item without any research! I think it's a small town mentality, the kind where you leave your kids with strangers and trust them to be totally truthful with you!

So in saying that, I feel no sympathy for her getting totally ripped off! Stupid attracts stupid!

*side eye*

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I don't want to say it was stupid, but she was very naive to buy that ring. If she was going to spend $1000, she could have done it at an actual jewelry store. The ring barely looks like it's worth $100.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

You guys are being generous with your $100 price tags for that ring.... I thought it looked like something from A gumball machine and I was worried she would squeeze that band and it would bend!! Lol...

She got ripped off bad... that shopkeeper saw her coming a mile away and capitalized! Not much different than the click bait titles vloggers use to make their money.........!
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I think if it was a guaranteed baby#5 would be a girl then she would have another one, now I am NOT saying she doesn't appreciate her boys, I truly believe she loves all of her kids equally.
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to splurge on jewelry for yourself but it was cheap looking just from the video. $400 on that?! & she was clearly willing to spend a gran for it! Like she said there were so many red flags so I don't feel sorry for her. But it's Bonnie so I guess she can do no wrong.

whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

$1000 set aside to buy herself a cheap looking ring and she couldn't even buy Lincoln his own Happy Meal the other day. Sorry, I just find it ridiculous how skimpy these youtubers are when it comes to their kids. But they don't bat an eye at splurging on everything for themselves.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”