Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

whatsbeyond wrote:$1000 set aside to buy herself a cheap looking ring and she couldn't even buy Lincoln his own Happy Meal the other day. Sorry, I just find it ridiculous how skimpy these youtubers are when it comes to their kids. But they don't bat an eye at splurging on everything for themselves.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
What two year old needs their own Happy Meal?
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

HelloSweetie wrote:
whatsbeyond wrote:$1000 set aside to buy herself a cheap looking ring and she couldn't even buy Lincoln his own Happy Meal the other day. Sorry, I just find it ridiculous how skimpy these youtubers are when it comes to their kids. But they don't bat an eye at splurging on everything for themselves.

If that's what was being fed for lunch, I don't see how that much could feed a 2 year old and a 4 yer old. I know when my kid was 2 she would eat an entire happy meal (apple slices, nuggets, yogurt) and still eat whatever hamburger Ibhad leftover. And she's tiny.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

whatsbeyond wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

If that's what was being fed for lunch, I don't see how that much could feed a 2 year old and a 4 yer old. I know when my kid was 2 she would eat an entire happy meal (apple slices, nuggets, yogurt) and still eat whatever hamburger Ibhad leftover. And she's tiny.

My two year old must eat like a bird then. He's only ever snagged some off his older brother.

Maybe HMs are bigger in Canada though.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Caisflame wrote:It's kind of ridiculous how hard they're trying to keep Lincoln in a crib. He's almost two, he doesn't need to be in a crib. Obviously he's more than ready to be out of it. Moments like this are why I believe Bonnie 100% wants another baby but doesn't have one because she can't handle it. She goes to extreme measures to keep Lincoln as babyish as possible for as long as she can. She's smart enough to know he'd be just fine in a toddler bed or even a mattress on the floor.
As soon as Lincoln got out of the crib in yesterdays vlog Bonnie said they were gonna get rid of the crib.
Also, keeping kids in a crib has nothing to do with trying to baby them. It can be completely chaotic to teach a toddler to stay in bed. My daughter is an amazing sleeper but getting close to switch to a bed. I'm dreading it not because she's growing up but because I know she'll just get out of bed 100 times!
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

HelloSweetie wrote:
whatsbeyond wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: What two year old needs their own Happy Meal?

My two year old must eat like a bird then. He's only ever snagged some off his older brother.

Maybe HMs are bigger in Canada though.
I'm in Canada, I don't find them that big or filling. Then again it is all processed food so it goes right through you pretty quick. I just know we've seen how much Lincoln eats and I thought Boston was a pretty good eater. For the $3.99, I'd splurge and get each kid their own. Not a big deal though. I'm sure if it were Ellie, she'd of made all 5 kids share one.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
Caisflame wrote:It's kind of ridiculous how hard they're trying to keep Lincoln in a crib. He's almost two, he doesn't need to be in a crib. Obviously he's more than ready to be out of it. Moments like this are why I believe Bonnie 100% wants another baby but doesn't have one because she can't handle it. She goes to extreme measures to keep Lincoln as babyish as possible for as long as she can. She's smart enough to know he'd be just fine in a toddler bed or even a mattress on the floor.
As soon as Lincoln got out of the crib in yesterdays vlog Bonnie said they were gonna get rid of the crib.
Also, keeping kids in a crib has nothing to do with trying to baby them. It can be completely chaotic to teach a toddler to stay in bed. My daughter is an amazing sleeper but getting close to switch to a bed. I'm dreading it not because she's growing up but because I know she'll just get out of bed 100 times!
She did say that, but then in today's vlog she told Joel she ordered a crib net because she wasn't ready yet. I don't know much about the nets, but Linc seems stubborn and super strong.... I expect it won't work and he'll just escape again Image
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Here's a question: Why is Bonnie willing to spend $1000 on a fake ring, but they can't get a new car?? Not the same price (obviously), but spending on jewelry seems like an extravagant purchase when a new car would be a practical, family-oriented purchase.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I dont mind her wanting to spend a bit on a "token" from her holiday to Hawaii. I've recently finished a book by Marie Kondo (anyone else know about this book?) And I see *things* totally differently since reading that book, it has been something I've been thinking but never could pin point until I read the book and was a AH_HA moment.. anyway, and I saw that Bonnie really liked the ring, she didnt care for the price. It brought her joy, reminded her of this trip that clearly means a lot to her. I wish I went on a girls vacation to Hawaii and not need to worry about the kids.. Im sure she appreciated the trip and this gift for herself is so much more than getting a trinket in my opinion. Women/Mother's dont get enough things they WANT for themselves. Why not really treat yourself. not to a mani/pedi or a massage but why not for something you can have?
Sorry went a bit emo here, but I really dont see anything bad with wanting an expensive gift. the fact that it was fake, and a bogus situation really sucks.
decdu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by decdu »

HelloSweetie wrote:

My 18 month old can finish a happy meal by himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
decdu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by decdu »

amyfalafal wrote:I dont mind her wanting to spend a bit on a "token" from her holiday to Hawaii. I've recently finished a book by Marie Kondo (anyone else know about this book?) And I see *things* totally differently since reading that book, it has been something I've been thinking but never could pin point until I read the book and was a AH_HA moment.. anyway, and I saw that Bonnie really liked the ring, she didnt care for the price. It brought her joy, reminded her of this trip that clearly means a lot to her. I wish I went on a girls vacation to Hawaii and not need to worry about the kids.. Im sure she appreciated the trip and this gift for herself is so much more than getting a trinket in my opinion. Women/Mother's dont get enough things they WANT for themselves. Why not really treat yourself. not to a mani/pedi or a massage but why not for something you can have?
Sorry went a bit emo here, but I really dont see anything bad with wanting an expensive gift. the fact that it was fake, and a bogus situation really sucks.
I think you're talking about the art of tidying up right? I love that book.
And no one said she cant buy herself a trinket even if she paid 1000 for it, but that specific ring looked so cheap, so the fact that she's willing to pay 1k for that is the problem, she could've gotten a really good piece of jewelry (that'll also bring her joy) for that price tag not a cheap looking ring.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

decdu wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:I dont mind her wanting to spend a bit on a "token" from her holiday to Hawaii. I've recently finished a book by Marie Kondo (anyone else know about this book?) And I see *things* totally differently since reading that book, it has been something I've been thinking but never could pin point until I read the book and was a AH_HA moment.. anyway, and I saw that Bonnie really liked the ring, she didnt care for the price. It brought her joy, reminded her of this trip that clearly means a lot to her. I wish I went on a girls vacation to Hawaii and not need to worry about the kids.. Im sure she appreciated the trip and this gift for herself is so much more than getting a trinket in my opinion. Women/Mother's dont get enough things they WANT for themselves. Why not really treat yourself. not to a mani/pedi or a massage but why not for something you can have?
And no one said she cant buy herself a trinket even if she paid 1000 for it, but that specific ring looked so cheap, so the fact that she's willing to pay 1k for that is the problem, she could've gotten a really good piece of jewelry (that'll also bring her joy) for that price tag not a cheap looking ring.
Yep, I also know that book and it's great, but did you notice that ring is just sitting on JOEL'S bedside table? Yeah, it's just a piece of expensive junk/clutter now. I'm not sure Bonnie and Ellie are smart enough to comprehend books...I'm being 100% serious.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

ewokfan11 wrote:
decdu wrote:
Yep, I also know that book and it's great, but did you notice that ring is just sitting on JOEL'S bedside table? Yeah, it's just a piece of expensive junk/clutter now. I'm not sure Bonnie and Ellie are smart enough to comprehend books...I'm being 100% serious.
YEs! That's the book. Obsessed! But it's working for me :P
I see what you're saying. Ellie mentioned her mom mentioning that book to her a few weeks back I can imagine she wouldnt finish it. Just rewatched the view of Bonnie and the stupid ring. It does sound like she really just wanted it, it made her happy, made her remember her trip. I dont think she just realised it was fake, but just realised she didnt tell "us" the story yet. Maybe its there as a reminder it intended to be but because it's fake and turned her finger green she doesnt want to wear it. I'm not standing up for Bonnie, just saying, sucks it turned out that way and that I can see by the sounds of it and how she looked telling the story that she she saw it, it made her happy, it "sparked joy" in her if-you-will...
Anyway moving on.. lol
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Bonnie is turning into Ellie with those damn rain boots on Lincoln. It's ridiculous that she just laughs when he climbs on the table and steals other people's food. She also laughs as he tromps through other people's shrubbery and plants. That child is going to grow into a little monster if she doesn't stop letting him do whatever he wants.

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Why are they taking the time to show the vlog Lincolns goose egg instead of icing it? Who's first thought as a parent is to grab the camera in that moment?
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

AutumnLane wrote: Who's first thought as a parent is to grab the camera in that moment?
A You Tube parent.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I really admired how Joel handled the snake with the kids as opposed to how Cullen and Katie handled theirs the other day. Yes this was a much smaller snake, but Joel did everything right. He even said he hated snakes and was nervous, yet he still remained calm and told the kids that they didn't need to kill it. Such a breath of fresh air compared to Katie's "the only good snake is a dead snake".
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"Why Does This Keep Happening?" Because you put him in rain boots instead of regular shoes, and let him climb on tables and counters. Did his bump really look that bad, or did they Photoshop it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

lmmomSD wrote:"Why Does This Keep Happening?" Because you put him in rain boots instead of regular shoes, and let him climb on tables and counters. Did his bump really look that bad, or did they Photoshop it?

It did really look that bad in the video. I think she pulled the camera out right after it happened, when the bump looked it's worst.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Caisflame wrote:I really admired how Joel handled the snake with the kids as opposed to how Cullen and Katie handled theirs the other day. Yes this was a much smaller snake, but Joel did everything right. He even said he hated snakes and was nervous, yet he still remained calm and told the kids that they didn't need to kill it. Such a breath of fresh air compared to Katie's "the only good snake is a dead snake".
Teaching kids to chase and mess with snakes isn't safe. Teach kids to look at snakes from a distance especially when they are little like that. Also it bothered the hell out of me that they kept calling it a gardener snake. It's a garter snake.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Doesn't Ellie call them gardener snakes too? Dumb.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”