Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by Caisflame »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Caisflame wrote:I really admired how Joel handled the snake with the kids as opposed to how Cullen and Katie handled theirs the other day. Yes this was a much smaller snake, but Joel did everything right. He even said he hated snakes and was nervous, yet he still remained calm and told the kids that they didn't need to kill it. Such a breath of fresh air compared to Katie's "the only good snake is a dead snake".
Teaching kids to chase and mess with snakes isn't safe. Teach kids to look at snakes from a distance especially when they are little like that. Also it bothered the hell out of me that they kept calling it a gardener snake. It's a garter snake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was teaching Cody to take it to a place where it better belonged. He definitely wasn't encouraging them to mess around and play with it. Chances are those kids are going to come across a harmless snake in their lives, and now they know what to do with it. I stand by what I said, Joel did everything right. He didn't instill a pointless fear. He didn't teach them that all snakes should be killed. As gentle as he was, I have no doubt he's teaching them to respect creatures that would otherwise be killed immediately. They were safe.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Caisflame wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Caisflame wrote:I really admired how Joel handled the snake with the kids as opposed to how Cullen and Katie handled theirs the other day. Yes this was a much smaller snake, but Joel did everything right. He even said he hated snakes and was nervous, yet he still remained calm and told the kids that they didn't need to kill it. Such a breath of fresh air compared to Katie's "the only good snake is a dead snake".
Teaching kids to chase and mess with snakes isn't safe. Teach kids to look at snakes from a distance especially when they are little like that. Also it bothered the hell out of me that they kept calling it a gardener snake. It's a garter snake.

He was teaching Cody to take it to a place where it better belonged. He definitely wasn't encouraging them to mess around and play with it. Chances are those kids are going to come across a harmless snake in their lives, and now they know what to do with it. I stand by what I said, Joel did everything right. He didn't instill a pointless fear. He didn't teach them that all snakes should be killed. As gentle as he was, I have no doubt he's teaching them to respect creatures that would otherwise be killed immediately. They were safe.
I don't think that's a kids job. How is he to know the difference between a harmless snake and a venomous snake? I love snakes, hell I keep and breed snakes, but I don't think a kid his age is old enough to be messing with them like that. Hopefully his dad taught him he could only do it when he was around. Especially since the kids are outside by themselves a lot.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Garter Snakes are slain called Garden and Gardener snakes. As much as their lack of the English language annoys the heck out of me this time I think they are ok. I call the Garter Snakes.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

There is a difference between the snakes in the south and in UT. It would be very unlikely to find any venomous snakes there. I agree Joel handled it better than C&K. I appreciate his overall "respect nature" attitude.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:There is a difference between the snakes in the south and in UT. It would be very unlikely to find any venomous snakes there. I agree Joel handled it better than C&K. I appreciate his overall "respect nature" attitude.
Hmm Utah has a total of 7 different types of venemous snakes. Alabama has a total of 6...respecting nature is watching from a distance not poking it with a stick. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 4c744c.jpg[/img]

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

There are definitely dangerous snakes in Utah. But Joel handled it well, it was a good lesson for the kids.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:There is a difference between the snakes in the south and in UT. It would be very unlikely to find any venomous snakes there. I agree Joel handled it better than C&K. I appreciate his overall "respect nature" attitude.
Hmm Utah has a total of 7 different types of venemous snakes. Alabama has a total of 6...respecting nature is watching from a distance not poking it with a stick. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 4c744c.jpg[/img]

I stand corrected. I still like how he handled it. He didn't teach the kids to be fearful, but also did tell them not to hurt or mess with it.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

ewokfan11 wrote:Here's a question: Why is Bonnie willing to spend $1000 on a fake ring, but they can't get a new car?? Not the same price (obviously), but spending on jewelry seems like an extravagant purchase when a new car would be a practical, family-oriented purchase.
Thank youuuuuu

The answer to this that Bonnie has a nice SUV to drive, so who cares about the other car? She gets her fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake eyebrows, facials and trips to the salon but her kids have to share a happy meal. Mmhmmm.

I'm afraid Lincoln is going to have brain damage :(
JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
whatsbeyond wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: What two year old needs their own Happy Meal?
If that's what was being fed for lunch, I don't see how that much could feed a 2 year old and a 4 yer old. I know when my kid was 2 she would eat an entire happy meal (apple slices, nuggets, yogurt) and still eat whatever hamburger Ibhad leftover. And she's tiny.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
My two year old must eat like a bird then. He's only ever snagged some off his older brother.

Maybe HMs are bigger in Canada though.

I live in Canada too and my one year old just polished off his first happy meal on his on yesterday lol! So yes it's ridiculous to make a two year old and 4 year old share. My 5 year old gets a happy meal with an extra order of fries hahaha! And both of them are NOT overweight if that's what anyone is thinking

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

JVK19 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
whatsbeyond wrote: If that's what was being fed for lunch, I don't see how that much could feed a 2 year old and a 4 yer old. I know when my kid was 2 she would eat an entire happy meal (apple slices, nuggets, yogurt) and still eat whatever hamburger Ibhad leftover. And she's tiny.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
My two year old must eat like a bird then. He's only ever snagged some off his older brother.

Maybe HMs are bigger in Canada though.

I live in Canada too and my one year old just polished off his first happy meal on his on yesterday lol! So yes it's ridiculous to make a two year old and 4 year old share. My 5 year old gets a happy meal with an extra order of fries hahaha! And both of them are NOT overweight if that's what anyone is thinking

Wow. That's a lot. I guess my kid does eat like a bird then!
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Sorry to continue the happy meal talk since it wasn't from today's vlog - I have to agree that it's ridiculous to make the boys share. I didn't see the vlog, so I'm unsure of her reason for making her share. IF it was because she didn't want to spend the money, that's even more ridiculous that she was willing to spend $1000 on a ring, but can't buy her kids their own meal.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

alym0326 wrote:Sorry to continue the happy meal talk since it wasn't from today's vlog - I have to agree that it's ridiculous to make the boys share. I didn't see the vlog, so I'm unsure of her reason for making her share. IF it was because she didn't want to spend the money, that's even more ridiculous that she was willing to spend $1000 on a ring, but can't buy her kids their own meal.

She didn't say it was about the money. She didn't pick anything up for herself and Joel either, so it's possible Linc was going to eat what they were having and just get a few of Boston's fries. This is what I would have done, but I don't really think a 2 year old needs a happy meal.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
alym0326 wrote:Sorry to continue the happy meal talk since it wasn't from today's vlog - I have to agree that it's ridiculous to make the boys share. I didn't see the vlog, so I'm unsure of her reason for making her share. IF it was because she didn't want to spend the money, that's even more ridiculous that she was willing to spend $1000 on a ring, but can't buy her kids their own meal.

She didn't say it was about the money. She didn't pick anything up for herself and Joel either, so it's possible Linc was going to eat what they were having and just get a few of Boston's fries. This is what I would have done, but I don't really think a 2 year old needs a happy meal.
Oh okay! Thanks for clarifying

I totally agree, I don't think a 2 year old needs a happy meal. I do think a 4 year old needs their own meal though. Maybe the 4 year olds I know can put back food like no ones business, but they would definitely still be hungry after sharing a happy meal.

Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Parkerwar wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:Here's a question: Why is Bonnie willing to spend $1000 on a fake ring, but they can't get a new car?? Not the same price (obviously), but spending on jewelry seems like an extravagant purchase when a new car would be a practical, family-oriented purchase.
Thank youuuuuu

The answer to this that Bonnie has a nice SUV to drive, so who cares about the other car? She gets her fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake eyebrows, facials and trips to the salon but her kids have to share a happy meal. Mmhmmm.

But Joel has said he doesn't want a new vehicle. Not everyone needs to drive something recent. My guess is he's saving up for a nice truck when Frank dies.

We've seen Bonnie has no problem spending money on her kids. Not buying one happy meal for a 2 year old doesn't somehow make up for that and make them deprived. I realize you don't like the way she spends her money, but I agree a 2 year old shouldn't be eating that anyway. The older kids don't even need them, but I do understand that kids love McDonalds. Linc is too little to really crave it yet though, so if they can get him to eat something healthier, why not?

So unlike YTMD to actually be on the pro Happy Meal side for once.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don't know why people are so focused on the Frank thing either. The problem isn't how old the car is, it's the fact that they don't take the proper safety measures with it. A new vehicle is unlikely to change that. They aren't apart that often, so a second vehicle isn't that important. Why not keep the one that is already paid off?
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Nuna wrote:
Parkerwar wrote:
Thank youuuuuu

But Joel has said he doesn't want a new vehicle. Not everyone needs to drive something recent. My guess is he's saving up for a nice truck when Frank dies.

We've seen Bonnie has no problem spending money on her kids. Not buying one happy meal for a 2 year old doesn't somehow make up for that and make them deprived. I realize you don't like the way she spends her money, but I agree a 2 year old shouldn't be eating that anyway. The older kids don't even need them, but I do understand that kids love McDonalds. Linc is too little to really crave it yet though, so if they can get him to eat something healthier, why not?

So unlike YTMD to actually be on the pro Happy Meal side for once.
I don't think anyone's being pro happy meal. We're just discussing the situation, we can't change where Bonnie chose to feed the kids.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't know why people are so focused on the Frank thing either. The problem isn't how old the car is, it's the fact that they don't take the proper safety measures with it. A new vehicle is unlikely to change that. They aren't apart that often, so a second vehicle isn't that important. Why not keep the one that is already paid off?
I agree. Frank isn't the problem, their continuous lack of safety measures is the problem.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't know why people are so focused on the Frank thing either. The problem isn't how old the car is, it's the fact that they don't take the proper safety measures with it. A new vehicle is unlikely to change that. They aren't apart that often, so a second vehicle isn't that important. Why not keep the one that is already paid off?
Exactly. I think it's cool that he's happy with his old beater car. It probably doesn't have airbags, so it might actually be safer since they let Olivia sit in front. I wish they had a safer car, but I think HS is right-- they probably wouldn't take safety measures in a newer car either. I wouldn't rag if Joel got a new car, but if he would only use appropriate child restraints, I wouldn't mind Joel driving Frank either. There's been times when he's had all the kids and Bonnie has taken the Suburban, which isn't right.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by navarjul000 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

Haha I'm from Utah (Utah County not Logan, but it's all the same) and pretty much everyone calls garter snakes "gardener snakes." It's annoying, but I think it's just a Utah thing, unless it happens in other states?

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I'm in Missouri and we have always called them Garner snakes lol (I will admit that I never really cared what the proper name was because I was just never interested)

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”