Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Off topic, but was there something that went down with Daily Bumps and Maker? They mentioned today that they were back with Fullscreen, and I remember there was that drama with the canceled sponsored trip. I'm sure this has been discussed on their thread, but I wonder if they'll be doing more networking for Kelsey and Corbin now that they're back with the same network. It certainly seems like they'd be able to throw more stuff their way if they have clout with the network.

ETA: just read Maker was absorbed my Disney Digital, looks like they are downsizing or getting out of the YouTube network business
There was a bunch of news about it a couple of months ago. They dumped a bunch of YouTubers. They wanted to drop down to something like 50 creators from the thousands they had. DB probably thought they were big fish, and were disappointed to find out they weren't.
Can't believe these two are so greedy and lazy that they would take June to a conversation, and leave her in a room alone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
bunny88
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by bunny88 »

lmmomSD wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:Off topic, but was there something that went down with Daily Bumps and Maker? They mentioned today that they were back with Fullscreen, and I remember there was that drama with the canceled sponsored trip. I'm sure this has been discussed on their thread, but I wonder if they'll be doing more networking for Kelsey and Corbin now that they're back with the same network. It certainly seems like they'd be able to throw more stuff their way if they have clout with the network.

ETA: just read Maker was absorbed my Disney Digital, looks like they are downsizing or getting out of the YouTube network business
There was a bunch of news about it a couple of months ago. They dumped a bunch of YouTubers. They wanted to drop down to something like 50 creators from the thousands they had. DB probably thought they were big fish, and were disappointed to find out they weren't.
Can't believe these two are so greedy and lazy that they would take June to a conversation, and leave her in a room alone.

I havent seen the vlog, but arent they worried about kidnapping? If she was in a room alone and there are tons of youtube minions around, couldnt someone have gone in there and taken her?

Again, I didnt see the vlog, so correct me if there was some kind of security in place that would have prevented that.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

bunny88 wrote: I havent seen the vlog, but arent they worried about kidnapping? If she was in a room alone and there are tons of youtube minions around, couldnt someone have gone in there and taken her?

Again, I didnt see the vlog, so correct me if there was some kind of security in place that would have prevented that.
Did you mean to quote my post about the Dockatot instead of the two above? They were still at Bryan and Missy's house then. I was just concerned about the fact that no one was monitoring her while she napped alone in a bed rather than in controlled conditions like a crib.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

fossilfinger wrote:
bunny88 wrote: I havent seen the vlog, but arent they worried about kidnapping? If she was in a room alone and there are tons of youtube minions around, couldnt someone have gone in there and taken her?

Did you mean to quote my post about the Dockatot instead of the two above? They were still at Bryan and Missy's house then. I was just concerned about the fact that no one was monitoring her while she napped alone in a bed rather than in controlled conditions like a crib.
Ahhh, ok. I misunderstood too. I hadn't seen the vlog either, and thought you meant they had left her either in the hotel room alone, or at a room at VidCon alone.
And stupid auto correct. I meant convention, not conversation...

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

ewokfan11 wrote:So they did take June to VidCon events with them. That seems a bit weird to me - and she seemed miserable. DBs didn't even bring Ollie and Finn. Are they dragging her to ALL the DB events - panel and meet-and-greet? I honestly thought Missy's parents would be there to watch the kids while DBs/C&K went to events. Who brings a 3-month-old to a huge convention full of germy tweens/teenagers? It seems like "VidCon flu" is a real thing and it happens every year.
I'm sure Missy's parents would have gladly watched June, but I don't think Corbin would allow it. He freaked out when leaving June alone for like an hour or two with Kelsey aka THE ONE WHO GAVE BIRTH TO JUNE. No way he'd leave her with Missy's parents. He's too controlling and obsessive.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But he'll take her to Disneyland, where there was a measles outbreak before, dress her up like Snow White, and let characters who have just touched others, touch her.

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Their views have skyrocketed since being at the Lumps. Sure Corbin is seeing $$$$. Look for a move to so cal soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

janem wrote:Their views have skyrocketed since being at the Lumps. Sure Corbin is seeing $$$$. Look for a move to so cal soon.
Yep! I 100% agree. There's nothing keeping them in Portland (no family, friends, job, etc.) and now that YT is their job they need to get more views. I'm going to bet they move down there by the end of September. Bye, bye, being fake hippie-hipsters, HELLO YouTube glow-up and DB's latest co-stars!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

I really can't believe these two!!! In missys IG she shows Corbin getting on pirates of the Caribbean with the baby!!!!!! On Kelsey's they talk about going in the haunted mansion!!!!! I can't believe it! A 3 month old. I'm sorry but that's really stupid!
It weirdos me out that it's always Corbin holding June most of the time. Snow White it's Corbin. Just a lot of the time it's only him and June. Kelsey's out of the frame filming. She's the one who gave birth yet it's always him. Just weird.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

janem wrote:I really can't believe these two!!! In missys IG she shows Corbin getting on pirates of the Caribbean with the baby!!!!!! On Kelsey's they talk about going in the haunted mansion!!!!! I can't believe it! A 3 month old. I'm sorry but that's really stupid!
It weirdos me out that it's always Corbin holding June most of the time. Snow White it's Corbin. Just a lot of the time it's only him and June. Kelsey's out of the frame filming. She's the one who gave birth yet it's always him. Just weird.

That is totally ridiculous. Corbin's attachment to June is creepy and 100% controlling, imo. There's no point in bringing her on the ride...she's too young to even enjoy it. There is no logical reason for him not being able to leave June with his wife or a friend for five minutes.

This behavior is honestly concerning to me :/
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

tintin15 wrote:
janem wrote:I really can't believe these two!!! In missys IG she shows Corbin getting on pirates of the Caribbean with the baby!!!!!! On Kelsey's they talk about going in the haunted mansion!!!!! I can't believe it! A 3 month old. I'm sorry but that's really stupid!

That is totally ridiculous. Corbin's attachment to June is creepy and 100% controlling, imo. There's no point in bringing her on the ride...she's too young to even enjoy it. There is no logical reason for him not being able to leave June with his wife or a friend for five minutes.

This behavior is honestly concerning to me :/
Even the majority of Corbin's Instagram pictures are of himself holding the baby, which is very telling to me. I agree that he needs to be in control at all times, but I also think he likes the attention. I can't imagine why else you would bring a baby that young to a YouTube conference. The baby is the main attraction, and he likes to make sure that he's holding her so that he gets the attention as well.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

But also notice that if Kelsey leaves the house to go do something on her own, he guilt trips her every time for leaving him alone with the baby. She couldn't even go to the nail salon with her mom on Mother's Day without Corbin making her feel bad for leaving him alone with his own child. And when Missy and Kelsey went to Target on their own, Corbin made a big deal about watching all three kids. Three kids is a lot to handle if you're not used to it, but the 3-month-old isn't mobile and Oliver is at an age where he can sit there and watch a movie, or entertain himself without too much assistance. Finn is the only one you would really need to chase after.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:But also notice that if Kelsey leaves the house to go do something on her own, he guilt trips her every time for leaving him alone with the baby. She couldn't even go to the nail salon with her mom on Mother's Day without Corbin making her feel bad for leaving him alone with his own child. And when Missy and Kelsey went to Target on their own, Corbin made a big deal about watching all three kids. Three kids is a lot to handle if you're not used to it, but the 3-month-old isn't mobile and Oliver is at an age where he can sit there and watch a movie, or entertain himself without too much assistance. Finn is the only one you would really need to chase after.
Yep. It's been brought up before, he is one of those people who is never satisfied. Give him one situation and he complains, give him the opposite and he complains! Whining when leaving June alone with Kelsey, then whining when he gets left alone with June, is a prime example of this.

Those are some of the most frustrating people on this planet and it makes me feel bad for Kelsey. Dealing with someone who you can never be/do good enough for is terrible, draining, and confusing.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I had to LOL that these two - who obviously enjoy a drink or several - are partying at VidCon with Mormons. Carl and Jinger are the MOST ANNOYING YTers ever. They've finally found a way to get rich - kiddie vids - but they have been so desperate for SOOOOOOO long and they cling to the most popular YTers for more exposure. It used to be ShayTards. Now it's DBs.

Ha! I guess they are just doing what K&C are doing - trying to use a "friendship" for views.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Had to laugh at Corbin complaining about how hard it is with a baby. They'd just gone through the gates. Still can't believe they took that tiny baby on those rides. It was hot there yesterday and for him to carry her around made it worse.
They weren't there very long to have spent all that $$$ (new shirts, ears, Snow White dress, etc). Oh wait I bet the Lumps paid for it all!

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
aral12 wrote:So from today's vlog they're seriously considering moving to live near Bryan and missy! Well at least the vlogs would be more interesting even though Corbin would become even more pretentious.... if that's possible?
Portland is 100% different from the area where DBs live - it's like TWO hours from LA and super rural/suburban. I think it would be better for their channel to move there...so I'm sure it's going to happen. They "say" they love Portland, but they are totally in a boring rut there, no friends or family and pretty clueless about living in PDX. They can rent an entire house in the DBs area for about the same price as their tiny PDX apartment. I bet the places they looked at were rentals and not for sale.

But Corbin won't be able to be an "OG Portland hipster" anymore.... :-o :-o :-o What an effing idiot.
lmao that Corbin would ever be original enough to be 'OG' anything. Portland has been gentrifying since the nineties. And 'hipster' isn't a compliment - it doesn't mean you're cool, it means you're pathetic and pretentious. Hipsters don't contribute anything useful or culturally meaningful to an area but they come in and drive the prices up anyway. The whole point is that they're totally clueless and inauthentic which pretty much describes Corbin and Kelsey.

We're nearly into July now so what I hope happens is this - they move there, things go well for a while because Missy and Bryan genuinely want to help their friends and they're in love with June, Missy gets pregnant in the fall/winter, they find out it's a girl, everyone from the DB squad loses interest in June because Missy finally has a girl of her own, Princess Lanning is born with a ton of fanfare, we see June for like a 5 sec clip once every 2 weeks in DB vlogs, Corbin and Kelsey have to get real jobs.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

I don't watch the vlogs much cause I find the grown ups annoying but oh my gosh that clip of June with Snow White was so adorable
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Did they not even go on It's a Small World? That's such a great ride! I'm sure the lines are long but still, baby-friendly.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So Bryan mentioned Kelsey DID go to art school. Wow, art school AND a useless bachelor's degree...she must have a TON of student loan debt (and no career to show for it)!! And Corbin went to an expensive private college (like $65,000 a year), so I'm sure he's got a ton of debt too - in an older vlog he also said his CCs were maxed out. No wonder they want to be the next DBs!!!

I hope they are using their popularity (which won't last) to pay off debt, but they seem to be using most of their new money for fun, flashy things. I wonder if the falling-out with Corbin's parents had to do with money?? They were pretty broke around the time they moved to Portland. Maybe he was asking for a loan and they told him to get a job and GROW up. I could see Corbin getting pissed off about something like that.
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

What was the title about in today's video? what was that supposed dream come true?

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”