Mckayla Adkins

literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mckayla Adkins

Unread post by literallywhat »

Man this girl worries me. She doesn't strike me as someone who is even remotely capable of caring for a child.
purplerain55
Informer
Informer

Unread post by purplerain55 »

I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject, but seeing as the baby got steroid shots does that mean he's likely to arrive early because he would have developed earlier? Thanks to anyone who answers :)
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Newmomma »

purplerain55 wrote:I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject, but seeing as the baby got steroid shots does that mean he's likely to arrive early because he would have developed earlier? Thanks to anyone who answers :)
Steroids are given in anticipation, for lung maturity and prevent intraventricular hemorrhage(bleeding in brain),if the baby is born early. It doesn't hasten labor nor delay it.
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
purplerain55 wrote:I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject, but seeing as the baby got steroid shots does that mean he's likely to arrive early because he would have developed earlier? Thanks to anyone who answers :)
Steroids are given in anticipation, for lung maturity and prevent intraventricular hemorrhage(bleeding in brain),if the baby is born early. It doesn't hasten labor nor delay it.
These also aren't steroids that would make the baby grown larger or anything. They just effect the lungs and help to prevent the brain bleeding as Newmomma said.
Mamakanga
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mamakanga »

Maybe it's just me but it seems that she got pregnant on purpose just for the fame on YouTube. She does not seem ready for a child at all.
booboo2017
Informer
Informer

Unread post by booboo2017 »

New car from all that YouTube money. Probably should have gotten an apartment
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

I see she "officially" changed baby boy's name again. So it's been carter, Patrick, back to carter & now it's a surprise. Bet she'll change back to Carter again before he's here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

booboo2017 wrote:New car from all that YouTube money. Probably should have gotten an apartment Image
She didn't even actually buy it, she's leasing it. Which isn't a bad thing but its not really a smart financial decision long term and she also didn't buy it.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

She changed the babies name... again. Says it's not Patrick or carter. Made this decision last night apparently. Not spur of the moment at all...

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Oops just noticed someone already said that

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Apparently it's baby time again...

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Apparently it was a false alarm... again

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

I feel like this girl just goes to the hospital every time she has a cramp

anonymous2829
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by anonymous2829 »

alyssadt wrote:I feel like this girl just goes to the hospital every time she has a cramp

She does. She seems obsessed with being in the hospital/getting attention. She keeps talking about wanting to be induced early and stuff...like just let the pregnancy and birth happen the way it's supposed to

literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

anonymous2829 wrote:
alyssadt wrote:I feel like this girl just goes to the hospital every time she has a cramp

She does. She seems obsessed with being in the hospital/getting attention. She keeps talking about wanting to be induced early and stuff...like just let the pregnancy and birth happen the way it's supposed to

I agree for the most part but there is no way she could have talked the hospital into keeping her overnight and giving her steroid shots for his lungs if she didn't need them. She can't fake contractions or dilation. So there had to be some medical reason for that.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

literallywhat wrote:
anonymous2829 wrote:

I agree for the most part but there is no way she could have talked the hospital into keeping her overnight and giving her steroid shots for his lungs if she didn't need them. She can't fake contractions or dilation. So there had to be some medical reason for that.
I agree with this to some extent, but I was consistently dilating (until I finally went into really labor at a 6) and having contractions for weeks before my first was born. Those weeks were still considered inactive labor. I have a friend who had a similar thing happen to her.

Also, why did they set an induction date?

literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

alyssadt wrote:
literallywhat wrote:
anonymous2829 wrote: She does. She seems obsessed with being in the hospital/getting attention. She keeps talking about wanting to be induced early and stuff...like just let the pregnancy and birth happen the way it's supposed to

I agree with this to some extent, but I was consistently dilating (until I finally went into really labor at a 6) and having contractions for weeks before my first was born. Those weeks were still considered inactive labor. I have a friend who had a similar thing happen to her.

Yeah but they'll only give you the steroid shots if they really think that she may end up delivering if they can't stop labor. Her contractions must have been close enough or strong enough for them to actually try to stop labor, give the steriod shots, medication to stop labor, and keep in her in the hospital for a couple of days.

And probably because she threw a fit and said she was so uncomfortable that she couldn't do it much longer. She's 38 weeks today. Hopefully the doctor isn't a push over and is at least making her wait until the day after her due date. I always side eye doctors who allow women to be induced before their due date just because their uncomfortable. McKayla is completely fine, medically. She doesn't have gestational diabetes or preeclampsia. She's just immature and isn't having fun being pregnant anymore.
anonymous2829
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by anonymous2829 »

literallywhat wrote:
alyssadt wrote:
literallywhat wrote: I agree for the most part but there is no way she could have talked the hospital into keeping her overnight and giving her steroid shots for his lungs if she didn't need them. She can't fake contractions or dilation. So there had to be some medical reason for that.

Yeah but they'll only give you the steroid shots if they really think that she may end up delivering if they can't stop labor. Her contractions must have been close enough or strong enough for them to actually try to stop labor, give the steriod shots, medication to stop labor, and keep in her in the hospital for a couple of days.

And probably because she threw a fit and said she was so uncomfortable that she couldn't do it much longer. She's 38 weeks today. Hopefully the doctor isn't a push over and is at least making her wait until the day after her due date. I always side eye doctors who allow women to be induced before their due date just because their uncomfortable. McKayla is completely fine, medically. She doesn't have gestational diabetes or preeclampsia. She's just immature and isn't having fun being pregnant anymore.
On her twitter she said today was her last video before she gets induced and was "liking" every tweet that was guessing that her induction is tomorrow or early next week

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

I don't understand why her doctor is inducing her at all...
she said in her video it's because the baby "just isn't coming"
Well no shit he isn't coming, she's not even full term. If she is still planning on a natural birth, good luck, I thought pitocin contractions hurt way worse.

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Do you think she will be induced on the fourth? She seems like the type.

Return to “I-P”