E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Fake Happy Campers | Part 27

Unread post by janem »

A couple of things.... wonder why they didn't go to Vidcon. I figured they were going and that was why Penny was boarded for so long.

One of their contest winner, Aaron and Rylie, got pregnant. They were doing a weekly vlog update. Nothing for two weeks now. Does anyone know something that I have missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

I was looking over the vidcon schedule out of curiousity and saw that Jared is scheduled to be on a panel. I don't remember the date, but that means he could be flying in and out for just one day.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

DCarmen26 wrote:
bunny88 wrote:
littlebaby wrote: Ah okay, that makes more sense. My dad's from central Jersey as well. And some parts of South Jersey are great but definitely not where I am Image

I remember everyone saying Utah is a very cheap place to live, so Verizon could have kept them afloat. But it probably would be nowhere near the type of lifestyle Ellie thinks she deserves.

When Jared worked at Verizon, they lived in a fairly small apartment that wasn't extremely nice, and Ellie was working at the time, too. If you watch their old vlogs, they give the feeling that money was a little tight.
I have a friend who works at Verizon and they get paid every other week, with a commission check mid-month. If you're good at your job the commission check alone can be around 3-4,000. You would think that + the salary would be enough for their small family (did they have Jackson already?)

Jared was working at Verizon when they found out they were pregnant with Jackson. It was a while before he quit his job and they started daily vlogging with some sort of understanding with his boss that if it didn't work out he could come back to Verizon. That was when Jackson was 6ish months old? I don't remember exactly. I'll see if I can find the video where they talk about it.

Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

In Bonnie's vlog Ellie is sitting on the kitchen counter like a little kid. No wonder she doesn't mind that Calvin is always crawling all over the kitchen :?

It's weird for a child to act like that, but even weirder for an adult!
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I recently watched the old video of them doing the whip cream challenge. It's like watching a totally different couple. they seem so in love and really having genuine fun! that couple was couple goals the couple you see now seem more like people that resent each other and are just going through the motions to keep their happy channel going. It's just made it so obvious to me how down hill things have gotten in their relationship.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

madi_b_123 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 28f0b2.png[/img]These tweets honestly make me wonder if Ellie could be a psychopath. It seems like she doesn't feel sympathy or compassion. To me, these tweets seem so flat and forced.

I'm surprised she's not talking about her boobs being bigger lol
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

littlebaby wrote:
DCarmen26 wrote:
bunny88 wrote: When Jared worked at Verizon, they lived in a fairly small apartment that wasn't extremely nice, and Ellie was working at the time, too. If you watch their old vlogs, they give the feeling that money was a little tight.
I have a friend who works at Verizon and they get paid every other week, with a commission check mid-month. If you're good at your job the commission check alone can be around 3-4,000. You would think that + the salary would be enough for their small family (did they have Jackson already?)

Jared was working at Verizon when they found out they were pregnant with Jackson. It was a while before he quit his job and they started daily vlogging with some sort of understanding with his boss that if it didn't work out he could come back to Verizon. That was when Jackson was 6ish months old? I don't remember exactly. I'll see if I can find the video where they talk about it.

Ellie was pregnant with Calvin when they officially announced Jared quit his job & YouTube was going to be full-time.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Would someone mind showing me the video or post which showed that Ellie and Jared pay the grandparents money? (I can't find the original post on here which suggested that because my wifi is slow)
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

I think they are all going to vidcon, not just Jared, based on Instagram. [UNAMUSED FACE]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Ellie, your face was fuller because you were happy and eating. Your nose and face doesn't get bigger at 4 wks pregnant or however far along she could have been.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Cgl33 wrote:Ellie, your face was fuller because you were happy and eating. Your nose and face doesn't get bigger at 4 wks pregnant or however far along she could have been.
She sure has a distorted view of eating if the only time she permits herself to eat bigger portions is when she's expecting a baby.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

actuallydear wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:Ellie, your face was fuller because you were happy and eating. Your nose and face doesn't get bigger at 4 wks pregnant or however far along she could have been.
She sure has a distorted view of eating if the only time she permits herself to eat bigger portions is when she's expecting a baby.
I just don't understand how clueless she is about pregnancy after going through IF. There's no weight gain with a pregnancy that early. How does she not know that? But then again, she just knew she was pregnant before implantation was even possible. I'm truly baffled by her ignorance when it comes to ttc and pregnancy.
claireprairie123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by claireprairie123 »

Their vlog from yesterday only has 88k views as of now. When Jared quit his job they were around 60-65k. So yikes. I know they're still totally fine, and making money, but they've plummeted. And Ellie's competitive holier than thou attitude, she has to be livid.

And they need to stop trying to be Daily Bumps with these vlog titles.
superkk
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by superkk »

Ellie was so incredibly rude in today's vlog when Jared's parents brought over the fish they'd caught and grilled. She made a barf face off camera to Bonnie and they started laughing. She is just NOT a nice person and yet she demands kindness from others. Unbelievable.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I noticed his brother's channel, Matt & Emily, are only bringing in 1500 views a day

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
ellawski
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ellawski »

onbreak wrote:I noticed his brother's channel, Matt & Emily, are only bringing in 1500 views a day

And he quit his job too, right? Jeez

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

whys0seri0us wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Where I live the cost of living is similar to Logan. I was raised by a single parent who made $20 an hour, and we did not have a lot of money. No way Jared could have supported the large family he wants on $20/hr, even with extreme budgeting.
20 an hour at full time is nearly 40,000 a year. That's not even counting commission. If you live within your means there absolutely no reason Jared and Ellie couldn't have managed.

Now obviously I don't think that is realistic for the lifestyle they have now or for their size family. But for a single couple, no excuse to not make that work. I feel like they never knew how to live within their means.

Are you serious?! $40K (and that's BEFORE taxes - so it's more like $30K take home pay) is not really much at all. You would have to budget and cut out most extra expenses. Plus, I doubt he was even making $20 an hour.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

ewokfan11 wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Where I live the cost of living is similar to Logan. I was raised by a single parent who made $20 an hour, and we did not have a lot of money. No way Jared could have supported the large family he wants on $20/hr, even with extreme budgeting.
20 an hour at full time is nearly 40,000 a year. That's not even counting commission. If you live within your means there absolutely no reason Jared and Ellie couldn't have managed.

Now obviously I don't think that is realistic for the lifestyle they have now or for their size family. But for a single couple, no excuse to not make that work. I feel like they never knew how to live within their means.

Are you serious?! $40K (and that's BEFORE taxes - so it's more like $30K take home pay) is not really much at all. You would have to budget and cut out most extra expenses. Plus, I doubt he was even making $20 an hour.
Yeah. 20 an hour was great when my dad made that much and their house cost a whole $68,000. Now everything costs a lot more. So it's definitely livable, but you wouldn't have any extra, go on vacation or have money saved for college or retirement.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Wow, a lot of families make it on less than $40k and are full of love and respect.
The way the world is now -- instant gratification-- I'd rather show my kids how to make do with what we have than to instill in them everything is disposable and replaceable
I feel like if Matt and Em can make it with 44k subscribers and stay true to themselves, they'll offer the world more value, so I'd rather watch them, and fast forward thru the cringed and awkward parts

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

ewokfan11 wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:

That's not counting commission though and like someone up there said, if you do your job right you can come wth a 2-3,000 dollar commission check.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”