BoringBritneyandBoredBabies (BritneyAndBaby) Part 26

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: BoringBritneyandBoredBabies (BritneyAndBaby) Part 26

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Owlson803 wrote:The fuck kind of supplies does a kindergartener need? I know there's some trouble with funding in some schools but seriously what does she need other than a backpack and crayons?
Obviously you don't have kids in school. Kids come home with a huge list of necessary supplies they need to start school. Ours is very brand specific. She isn't crazy about this! LOL
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

Owlson803 wrote:The fuck kind of supplies does a kindergartener need? I know there's some trouble with funding in some schools but seriously what does she need other than a backpack and crayons?
You'd actually be surprised. Our school district requests things for the classroom as well as personal supplies. No idea what kid is going through 16 glue sticks though. This is what my kids will need to bring once they reach kindergarten. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... c4f33e.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neketeke
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by neketeke »

askeptichere wrote:
You'd actually be surprised. Our school district requests things for the classroom as well as personal supplies. No idea what kid is going through 16 glue sticks though. This is what my kids will need to bring once they reach kindergarten. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... c4f33e.jpg

Holy shit, that place would be shut down where I live, it's illegal for school to cost any money at all here.. That is weird, and especially for so young children..
applebutter_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by applebutter_dreams »

Even though all she cooks recently is fish you see Lily eat greens. Boiled greens but the habit is still being seeded in her brain to eat veggies with her food.[/quote]

That is something I will give Vanessa credit for. Lily eats well balanced meals. Britney is sending these kids right on the train to Obesity City. And "picky eater" is not an excuse. Kids will not starve themselves. Make healthy meals and eventually the kids will eat it.[/quote]

Well balanced? Yeah... eggs and fish everyday. Let's not forget the chicfila and yogurt. Totally balaced..[/quote]

Lol alright, alright calm down... balanced as in a variety of foods... protein (eggs, fish, etc.), a fruit, a vegetable, and a starch. So yes, her meals are usually well balanced. Lily eats fast food wayyyyyy less than Britney's kids. I am always one of the first people to call Vanessa out but I need to give her credit that she at least tries.

Britney on the other hand says, "Nolan is soooooo picky and didn't eat his dinner, so we gave him a cereal bar instead!" Gee, if you were 3 and had the choice between vegetables and a cereal bar, which would you choose?
In the end, we're all just dreams...
:love2:
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

neketeke wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
You'd actually be surprised. Our school district requests things for the classroom as well as personal supplies. No idea what kid is going through 16 glue sticks though. This is what my kids will need to bring once they reach kindergarten. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... c4f33e.jpg

Holy shit, that place would be shut down where I live, it's illegal for school to cost any money at all here.. That is weird, and especially for so young children..
Do you live outside the US? Don't even get me started with federal/state underfunding of public education happening in this country. Maybe if our government properly invested in our children's educations we wouldn't be falling further behind the rest of the developed world.

This is how it's always been in my state. When I was in elementary school I remember going school supply shopping with long lists like this.

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

I think it depends on the school district. My son didn't need anything for preschool and I haven't received a list for kindergarten either. I'm in California.
neketeke
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by neketeke »

askeptichere wrote:
neketeke wrote:
askeptichere wrote: You'd actually be surprised. Our school district requests things for the classroom as well as personal supplies. No idea what kid is going through 16 glue sticks though. This is what my kids will need to bring once they reach kindergarten. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... c4f33e.jpg

Do you live outside the US? Don't even get me started with federal/state underfunding of public education happening in this country. Maybe if our government properly invested in our children's educations we wouldn't be falling further behind the rest of the developed world.

This is how it's always been in my state. When I was in elementary school I remember going school supply shopping with long lists like this.

Yes, I live in a european country. It just baffles me when I read stuff like this, it's so far ffrom my reality. When I was a child my family would have had no way to afford keeping up with stuff like that for school. So grateful for the fact that school gave me all I need, somedays even the only meal I would get that day.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Blackswan wrote:I think it depends on the school district. My son didn't need anything for preschool and I haven't received a list for kindergarten either. I'm in California.
It definitely depends on where you live. I'm in Illinois where our corrupt politicians refuse to pass a budget, so many public schools are fighting for money from the state to even stay open and running.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

neketeke wrote: Yes, I live in a european country. It just baffles me when I read stuff like this, it's so far ffrom my reality. When I was a child my family would have had no way to afford keeping up with stuff like that for school. So grateful for the fact that school gave me all I need, somedays even the only meal I would get that day.
If the kids don't bring supplies here, the school doesn't supply them either. Teachers just have to buy them themselves. Often teachers get stipends but spend way beyond that. I have been told to buy furniture for my classroom with my own money (like filing cabinets, laptop carts, and other storage). I have already spent several hundred dollars on my classroom out of my own pocket and I haven't even started teaching yet.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
neketeke wrote: Yes, I live in a european country. It just baffles me when I read stuff like this, it's so far ffrom my reality. When I was a child my family would have had no way to afford keeping up with stuff like that for school. So grateful for the fact that school gave me all I need, somedays even the only meal I would get that day.
If the kids don't bring supplies here, the school doesn't supply them either. Teachers just have to buy them themselves. Often teachers get stipends but spend way beyond that. I have been told to buy furniture for my classroom with my own money (like filing cabinets, laptop carts, and other storage). I have already spent several hundred dollars on my classroom out of my own pocket and I haven't even started teaching yet.
We donated money/snacks/drinks/school supplies as much as we could to my son's preschool teacher throughout the year because even though we didn't get a supplies list in the beginning of the school year we know for a fact that teachers wages are crap and most things come out of pocket.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Idk if it's different for schools but in California they send those lists home as a request to donate a couple things. It's not mandatory for every item to be purchased

js2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by js2013 »

I did not see Aria's exact list. In the US every state and school district is different. Mine lets the teachers decide on their own supply list. We of course do not want it to be a burden on families. However, there are certain supplies that is not funded that we need. My kindergarteners are asked to bring in folders, notebooks, tissues, sanitizer, etc. In addition to the regular crayons, glue sticks and scissors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

Not to get all political but in the US if we didn't have school supply lists, it would just come out of taxes. It would cost the same amount to you in the long run because you'd lose that amount of money, probably more, in property taxes, income taxes, etc. We all know how good the government is at managing money, why would you want to give them more money to screw around with? And one of the reasons that parents end up spending so much money on school supplies is because they let their kids run the world and they need shopkins folders and sparkly pencil boxes and the jumbo pack of markers, crayons, and colored pencils. It really wouldn't be that bad if parents just bought their kids the basics that are on the list. That is how Britney is going to be. She's going to be so extra and its going to piss that teacher off. She'll be the mom that goes out and instead of the normal crayola markers, she'll buy the pack with 50 markers including the smelly ones and be confused about why Aria can't have that.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

literallywhat wrote:Not to get all political but in the US if we didn't have school supply lists, it would just come out of taxes. It would cost the same amount to you in the long run because you'd lose that amount of money, probably more, in property taxes, income taxes, etc. We all know how good the government is at managing money, why would you want to give them more money to screw around with? And one of the reasons that parents end up spending so much money on school supplies is because they let their kids run the world and they need shopkins folders and sparkly pencil boxes and the jumbo pack of markers, crayons, and colored pencils. It really wouldn't be that bad if parents just bought their kids the basics that are on the list. That is how Britney is going to be. She's going to be so extra and its going to piss that teacher off. She'll be the mom that goes out and instead of the normal crayola markers, she'll buy the pack with 50 markers including the smelly ones and be confused about why Aria can't have that.
She's THAT parent. Reminds me of one of the parents in my son's preschool class. For her kids birthday instead of bringing goody bags she brought gift bags for each kid with a ton of crap in them. And instead of bringing MINI cupcakes like the teacher asked s the students wouldn't have too much sugar she brought regular size cupcakes.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

My cousin gets those long ass lists all the time I don't know if it's for everyone in NYC but we were also required to bring things like tissues or paper towels for the teacher and the entire class to use
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

literallywhat wrote:Not to get all political but in the US if we didn't have school supply lists, it would just come out of taxes. It would cost the same amount to you in the long run because you'd lose that amount of money, probably more, in property taxes, income taxes, etc. We all know how good the government is at managing money, why would you want to give them more money to screw around with? And one of the reasons that parents end up spending so much money on school supplies is because they let their kids run the world and they need shopkins folders and sparkly pencil boxes and the jumbo pack of markers, crayons, and colored pencils. It really wouldn't be that bad if parents just bought their kids the basics that are on the list. That is how Britney is going to be. She's going to be so extra and its going to piss that teacher off. She'll be the mom that goes out and instead of the normal crayola markers, she'll buy the pack with 50 markers including the smelly ones and be confused about why Aria can't have that.
All residents in my county pay property taxes directly or indirectly whether they have children in the public school system or not. Most residents do not have children in the system and my county's school budget is audited annually by independent auditors to identify waste. But people object to paying taxes to fund the public schools (which is shameful, imho) and so we are underfunded and must buy these long lists of supplies. Unfortunately many families in our county (particularly military families) cannot afford the supplies and we have "stuff a backpack" drives ongoing in August. As for Britney, she and Aria will probably have fun doing the list at Target. (Target will have all the local schools' lists by grade.) And, you're right. I am sure she will get a little "extra" for Aria and ,maybe, for Nolan too!
Curtain06
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Curtain06 »

You have to buy SIXTEEN glue sticks???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

fossilfinger wrote:

I don't think people realize how much teachers spend out of pocket each school year. The teachers are underpaid for what they do. The superintendent In my district makes almost $300,000 a year. That's a lot of money for our small town.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Curtain06 wrote:You have to buy SIXTEEN glue sticks???

No joke. I think they just throw them all in one big bin for all the kids to use throughout the year. They probably figure 5 year olds will use way more than needed on art projects or leave caps off and they'll dry out. Maybe save the rest for the following year and for kids whose parents can't afford supplies.

lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

askeptichere wrote:
Curtain06 wrote:You have to buy SIXTEEN glue sticks???

No joke. I think they just throw them all in one big bin for all the kids to use throughout the year. They probably figure 5 year olds will use way more than needed on art projects or leave caps off and they'll dry out. Maybe save the rest for the following year and for kids whose parents can't afford supplies.

Yeah, this is the kindy list for my daughter's school. I hope that there is some assistance for kids who cannot afford this list, because it's easily $50...[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... fa7af8.png[/img]

Return to “Britneyandbaby”