Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:The only part that stuck out today was when Gaines left her new toy on the ground in the kitchen and they just left it. It would have taken 2 seconds to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
see now stuff like that doesn't bother me at all. I would have been exhausted if i picked up every single toy my kids dropped on the floor the second it got dropped. Just as long as it got picked by the child before bed i don't really care if a toy is on the floor. It's like that saying "Picking up after your kids while they are still awake is like shoveling snow in the middle of blizzard". A stuffed monkey being left on the floor while they were playing school is really not a big deal to me.
LOL I never heard that saying before. I have heard "cleaning the house with kids around is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos." Shoveling during a blizzard actually makes sense. Easier to shovel a few inches of snow several times than a few feet of snow all at once. Coming from someone that lives where blizzards are not uncommon.
Well i do live in the south where we freak the eff out over 3 inches of snow so we don't know much about shoveling in a blizzard, but hypothetically its the same as your Oreo saying :lol: (which i have never heard before but is also a great one lol)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: see now stuff like that doesn't bother me at all. I would have been exhausted if i picked up every single toy my kids dropped on the floor the second it got dropped. Just as long as it got picked by the child before bed i don't really care if a toy is on the floor. It's like that saying "Picking up after your kids while they are still awake is like shoveling snow in the middle of blizzard". A stuffed monkey being left on the floor while they were playing school is really not a big deal to me.
LOL I never heard that saying before. I have heard "cleaning the house with kids around is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos." Shoveling during a blizzard actually makes sense. Easier to shovel a few inches of snow several times than a few feet of snow all at once. Coming from someone that lives where blizzards are not uncommon.
Well i do live in the south where we freak the eff out over 3 inches of snow so we don't know much about shoveling in a blizzard, but hypothetically its the same as your Oreo saying Image (which i have never heard before but is also a great one lol)
Yeah, the toy on the floor doesn't bother me. That goes with having kids. Make them help pick up at the end of the day, and teach them to pick up after themselves. The clutter and toys don't bug me. Trash-- freezer pop wrappers, plastic kitchen ware lids, used tissues, whatever it was that Brooks had in his mouth, yuk. But toys-- they go with the territory.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ i wondered if the paper he had in his mouth came out of the dog bed and not off the floor (they still should have taken it away). I know when i clean out my dog's bed every week i'm like where do you get these things and why are you hiding it? lol scraps of paper, stolen pizza crust, one time we found a charging cord that we thought had been left at a friends house, like what are your plans with this?? lol I don't ever pay attention closely enough most times to notice bits of trash on the floor in the vlogs until someone points them out. Either way as a parent of a kid who put EVERYTHING in her mouth (including bugs and rocks) i wouldnt have just let mine chew on paper trash like that. I also wouldnt let them get in the dogs bed either.
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Yes, there is messy and there is dirty. Messy is being disorganized and having toys on the floor... no big deal as long as it isnt a disaster.
But trash/garbage on the floor all the time is dirty IMO That's how you get ants and other bug problems.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by askeptichere »

I think they shouldn't have let Brooks in the dog bed in the first place. The dogs need somewhere to go that is theirs alone. A safe space. Plus what if Brooks had peed in it? Remember when their dogs were marking on that one rug all the time in the old house? Would they start that up in the playroom then?

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:The only part that stuck out today was when Gaines left her new toy on the ground in the kitchen and they just left it. It would have taken 2 seconds to pick it up.

see now stuff like that doesn't bother me at all. I would have been exhausted if i picked up every single toy my kids dropped on the floor the second it got dropped. Just as long as it got picked by the child before bed i don't really care if a toy is on the floor. It's like that saying "Picking up after your kids while they are still awake is like shoveling snow in the middle of blizzard". A stuffed monkey being left on the floor while they were playing school is really not a big deal to me.
I'm totally opposite. I do clean up while my child is awake and around. I 100% believe it's good and important for them to learn that sometimes we have to clean up and you have to help.

I also clean up his toys a few times a day because again, I think it's important to clean up and put away toys you aren't playing with. It's creates good habits for the future.

Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Acbsktbll wrote:
wrote:
I hope they PAID GrandBerry for taking work off to watch Gaines and Brooks.
Ummm no. She's a grandparent. Not a babysitter
That's a bit rude. Just because someone is a grandparent doesn't REQUIRE them to watch their grandchildren for DAYS ON END (like Missy's parents). My parents watch their grandkids occasionally for a few hours, but my sister has a nanny because my parents have their own lives and aren't babysitters.

I really only meant they should pay Cullen's mom because she seemed to take TWO days off work and I had no idea what her job was. I've honestly thought she was a store clerk or something like that all these years.
I wasn't rude at all. I stated a fact. Some people made it out like they forced her. If she didn't want to do it, she would've said no. She's a grandparent not some random person. I also think
Cullen's remark about taking 2 days off as well was wrong. Looks like she only took 1 day (Monday) & if she truly couldn't do it, Katies mom & sister would've helped.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

whys0seri0us wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: see now stuff like that doesn't bother me at all. I would have been exhausted if i picked up every single toy my kids dropped on the floor the second it got dropped. Just as long as it got picked by the child before bed i don't really care if a toy is on the floor. It's like that saying "Picking up after your kids while they are still awake is like shoveling snow in the middle of blizzard". A stuffed monkey being left on the floor while they were playing school is really not a big deal to me.
I'm totally opposite. I do clean up while my child is awake and around. I 100% believe it's good and important for them to learn that sometimes we have to clean up and you have to help.

I also clean up his toys a few times a day because again, I think it's important to clean up and put away toys you aren't playing with. It's creates good habits for the future.

Same. And my kids also help with age appropriate chores. It might not get done how I would do it, but they're learning a good lesson.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

askeptichere wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
askeptichere wrote: LOL I never heard that saying before. I have heard "cleaning the house with kids around is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos." Shoveling during a blizzard actually makes sense. Easier to shovel a few inches of snow several times than a few feet of snow all at once. Coming from someone that lives where blizzards are not uncommon.

Same. And my kids also help with age appropriate chores. It might not get done how I would do it, but they're learning a good lesson.

Yes exactly! I also have designated times during the day that my son who is 3.5 has to play in his playroom. We've been doing this he was about 2. During this time I get things like vacuuming and moping done, and occasionally it's the time where I decompress a bit and maybe enjoy a YouTube video (or 5).

I feel like Katie and Cullen feel like they need to be constantly engaging their children and entertaining them.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

They are great at engaging with their children, but they do go a little overboard. Several times they have said that they feel bad that Brooks doesn't get as much attention as when Gaines was his age. Seriously? I don't know any kid that gets more attention then those two little ones. It's great to play with and interact with your kids, but it's also important to let them be on their own and do their own thing.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Playsinrain wrote:

I think maybe I found annoyance in this case because it's new because I don't usually find annoyance with those type of things :)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Weren't they working in Gaines playing by herself for a while before Brooks was born? And if Cullen's idea of "being engaged" is lying on Gaines' bed with his phone while Katie plays with Gaines and Brooks, or lying on the floor while Brooks climbs into the dog bed, takes off his diaper, and puts trash in his mouth, he's got something to learn. I don't mean that they need to be more "hands on" in general. I just think that these days it's Katie being hands on while Cullen films or "relaxes".

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

For the record, my kids do clean up and have always helped, I didn't mean I did all the cleaning after they were sleeping or gone. I just mean I wouldn't make them stop playing in the middle of a game with me, to pick up a toy on the ground. After we were done, yes. Pick up your toys please..
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Katie's curly hair is so much more flattering on her than when she has it straight. It makes her look so much younger
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Love Katie's hair curly!

Also this has been said a million times but it's a night and day difference with Gaines vs Jackson/Ollie vocabulary wise. So crazy!

djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

askeptichere wrote:They are great at engaging with their children, but they do go a little overboard. Several times they have said that they feel bad that Brooks doesn't get as much attention as when Gaines was his age. Seriously? I don't know any kid that gets more attention then those two little ones. It's great to play with and interact with your kids, but it's also important to let them be on their own and do their own thing.

Katie did say that Gaines didn't know how to play alone. She had too have one of them playing with her constantly. Brookes is definitely more independent.

lmmomSD wrote:Weren't they working in Gaines playing by herself for a while before Brooks was born? And if Cullen's idea of "being engaged" is lying on Gaines' bed with his phone while Katie plays with Gaines and Brooks, or lying on the floor while Brooks climbs into the dog bed, takes off his diaper, and puts trash in his mouth, he's got something to learn. I don't mean that they need to be more "hands on" in general. I just think that these days it's Katie being hands on while Cullen films or "relaxes".

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I can't believe Brooks will be one in just a few weeks! I wonder if they're still planning to TTC then, if so I hope all goes smoothly for them.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

It's great they got Gaines in swimming lessons. It's actually a lifesaver too.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Glad they finally got her into swim lessons.

If Cullen could stop interrupting Katie while she's trying to talk, that'd be greatttttttt.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

askeptichere wrote:Glad they finally got her into swim lessons.

If Cullen could stop interrupting Katie while she's trying to talk, that'd be greatttttttt.

Finally?

She's not even three yet. I wouldn't exactly say they'd been neglecting to get her lessons.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”