Samika Vlogs. Part #2

djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by djcbcn »

lmmomSD wrote:Do they have a PO box again? My daughter wants to send Noah a birthday card.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
They said they got the stuff from daehan's p.o. box. They also said it was closing soon since he isn't paying for it anymore.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

Sorry, late to the conversation about Jenn nagging Sam about the noodles.
However, I see this behavior a lot with her! I still think she is a very kind and caring person with a good heart, but she can be very overbearing with bossing people around. I've seen her be quite abrasive almost with siblings, Sam, and people interacting with Noah. I wish I could pull up some video examples to show it
hera
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hera »

^^ yeah i've noticed that too. she's talked about how she's really impatient, and i think that that has a lot to do with it. i also think the main reason why she was freaking out about the noodles is that she has a HUGE phobia of puke/people getting sick. that's why she kept mentioning "sam, you might get sick!" not that i think that they should shelter her from that b/c it is something that happens and you can't necessarily help it, but i think it is worth mentioning to explain her behavior.

this is OT but i am so excited to see their upcoming vlogs! i love when they travel over the summer. sam's parents are the best. i absolutely love lisa (sam's mom) and how fun she makes their visits with the signs and having "cafe lisa" when they all eat outside.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I know how some you feel about Kristy but I'm excited for the to go to New York. I miss the glass posse vlogs, they're few and far between nowadays so I'm excited to see what they're up to. I also really like when they film around Sam's parents and his other sisters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

hera wrote:^^ yeah i've noticed that too. she's talked about how she's really impatient, and i think that that has a lot to do with it. i also think the main reason why she was freaking out about the noodles is that she has a HUGE phobia of puke/people getting sick. that's why she kept mentioning "sam, you might get sick!" not that i think that they should shelter her from that b/c it is something that happens and you can't necessarily help it, but i think it is worth mentioning to explain her behavior.

this is OT but i am so excited to see their upcoming vlogs! i love when they travel over the summer. sam's parents are the best. i absolutely love lisa (sam's mom) and how fun she makes their visits with the signs and having "cafe lisa" when they all eat outside.
I get the throw up phobia because I have it too, but she should have removed herself from the situation instead of continuously yell at Sam about it. While that one was a little more understandable because of her phobia, I've seen her bossiness aimed at other people over non-sickness situations. She's not a bad person by any means but I think it is something she could work on.

I have to agree with you on the summer vlogs with Sam's family! The videos capture fun summertime childhood memories so well between his parents' home and the Christy's country house.
hera
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hera »

snowbaby95 wrote:
hera wrote:^^ yeah i've noticed that too. she's talked about how she's really impatient, and i think that that has a lot to do with it. i also think the main reason why she was freaking out about the noodles is that she has a HUGE phobia of puke/people getting sick. that's why she kept mentioning "sam, you might get sick!" not that i think that they should shelter her from that b/c it is something that happens and you can't necessarily help it, but i think it is worth mentioning to explain her behavior.

I get the throw up phobia because I have it too, but she should have removed herself from the situation instead of continuously yell at Sam about it. While that one was a little more understandable because of her phobia, I've seen her bossiness aimed at other people over non-sickness situations. She's not a bad person by any means but I think it is something she could work on.

I have to agree with you on the summer vlogs with Sam's family! The videos capture fun summertime childhood memories so well between his parents' home and the Christy's country house.
oh, i totally agree that she should've removed herself and that she needs to work on her overbearing tendancies. it's not fair to ruin the fun for everyone else with her yelling. i didn't mean to imply that i think either of them should be excused, just acknowledge the reasons for it. hopefully, she's been addressing it! :D
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I love Sam's family, they are such a traditional wonderful family. Sam is clearly the apple of his parents eye and it's lovely to see. (I don't get the Kristy hate either, she plays up to the camera but it's all in good fun - sort of the same way that Jen's brother Matt does it).

I'm looking forward to Noah's birthday vlog. He is really thriving with sports and his personality is so funny! I love it when 2/3 year olds have conversations. Jackson is the same.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

I found Sam's reaction to Jenn's nagging particularly interesting. His eyes grew more determined and he escalated the behaviour that was upsetting her. He shut off to her nagging and then when he was finished he acknowledged her. I'm assuming this is a common reaction when Jenn nags, possibly egged on by being around people and the camera. If this is the dynamic that works for them then awesome, but this raises flags for me as some unhealthy patterns in a marriage on both their parts.

Anyway just some irrelevant observations! Haha!

boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

rdt1004 wrote:I know how some you feel about Kristy but I'm excited for the to go to New York. I miss the glass posse vlogs, they're few and far between nowadays so I'm excited to see what they're up to. I also really like when they film around Sam's parents and his other sisters.

I really like her and miss their vlogs too!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:I know how some you feel about Kristy but I'm excited for the to go to New York. I miss the glass posse vlogs, they're few and far between nowadays so I'm excited to see what they're up to. I also really like when they film around Sam's parents and his other sisters.

I really like her and miss their vlogs too!!
Have you seen the vlog of hers where she dresses up like Elsa and makes an Olaf costume for her youngest and goes out walking in NYC? First of all, she changed her daughter's clothes on camera, so she was standing there in nothing but her underwear. Then when they were out walking, you could totally tell that she'd done it for herself, for the attention. Not for a fun thing for her daughter.
I don't hate her, I just don't understand the need for the attention. Wearing a square dance costume to a family reunion, the way she mugs for the camera even when it's not actually on her-- I just don't get why she _needs_ the attention so badly. Maybe she misses the positive reinforcement from being a model? From the outside, her life looks pretty great-- beautiful kids, place in New York and a lovely country home, etc, but maybe she just needs the focus on her. I don't hate her, I just don't get her.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I agree about Kristy, I did like her but then she grew tiring to me. I started side eyeing her majorly when she was letting Pippa lick the subway railing, a stranger told Pippa to stop and Kristy went on a rampage about how Pippa had never in her life been sick or needed antibiotics and how she didn't was a laid back free range mom. It was weird. Also, you guessed it, Pippa got really sick and needed an antibiotic.

I do like how she decorates. I also like how she dresses her kids for the most part. She shops a lot of the same brands I do.
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

Playsinrain wrote:Jen's brother (? Ryker's dad.? Sorry I've not learned all the family yet) looks like some celeb that I can't put my finger on!!! Anyone else see it??
I've love the blogs with Jen's grandparents. Her gma is amazing. :)
Andrew reminds me of Dave franco but Matt...hmm I will have to think about that one.
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

rdt1004 wrote:Does anyone else think it's weird they're moving before finding a house in Arizona? Wouldn't that be really hectic with two young kids?

I don't think it's weird, they are considering living there permanently and they have the luxury of being able to do a 'test run' of the place (Sam being a youtuber and children not in school).
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

RE: jens fam

Jen got married young so she followed the Mormon rules but her sister Rachel (who is older than her) didn't get married young so she has kind of led the non religious lifestyle (drinking alcohol and pre marital sex).
Jen's mother was a Mormon convert whereas Jen's dad grew up Mormon because his parents were.

Someone left a comment about Jen's stepmom the other day saying why doesn't she get involved in their family get-togethers but why the hell would you want to spend the weekend with your husband's parents and his ex wife. :D

I wonder if Jen's step mom has children of her own.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

pattys wrote:RE: jens fam

Jen got married young so she followed the Mormon rules but her sister Rachel (who is older than her) didn't get married young so she has kind of led the non religious lifestyle (drinking alcohol and pre marital sex).
Jen's mother was a Mormon convert whereas Jen's dad grew up Mormon because his parents were.

Someone left a comment about Jen's stepmom the other day saying why doesn't she get involved in their family get-togethers but why the hell would you want to spend the weekend with your husband's parents and his ex wife. :D

I wonder if Jen's step mom has children of her own.
But she's still part of the family.

Personal and not quite the same;
My parents were divorced when I was young, my mom was still invited to holidays on my dad's side. One year she decided she didn't want to go, because she felt she didn't need to be around my dad and his new girlfriend/wife. My Grandma and Aunt made her come anyway because they had bought her a gift.

Unless maybe the rest the family doesn't like Jenn's stepmom, then that's an entirely different situation.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
scottishcherry
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scottishcherry »

i thought jen's caption on ig for noah's birthday picture was a bit strange.. calling your 3 year old aggressive seems a bit odd
scottishcherry
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scottishcherry »

i thought jen's caption on ig for noah's birthday picture was a bit strange.. calling your 3 year old aggressive seems a bit odd
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

scottishcherry wrote:i thought jen's caption on ig for noah's birthday picture was a bit strange.. calling your 3 year old aggressive seems a bit odd
Maybe it was a typo or autocorrect? That does seem like an odd way to describe your kid, especially where she placed it. Haha

SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I think that was the correct description because in today's vlog Sam describes him as "athletic, smart, funny, has a big heart" and then Jen just says "sassy". I don't think it's any secret that Jen has struggled with Noah's personality over the years when he's pushed kids over etc. BUT she seems pretty great with discipline and let's face it, he's a daddy's boy through and through haha
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

SunnySide0 wrote:I think that was the correct description because in today's vlog Sam describes him as "athletic, smart, funny, has a big heart" and then Jen just says "sassy". I don't think it's any secret that Jen has struggled with Noah's personality over the years when he's pushed kids over etc. BUT she seems pretty great with discipline and let's face it, he's a daddy's boy through and through haha
I hadn't realized Noah was so strong willed.

Return to “Q-Z”