Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:They could have also used Hotels Tonight or some other app that aggregates discounted hotel rooms that hotels try to rent out last minute. I think they made a couple thousand dollars more than they normally do with the jump in views thanks to the Lannings, but if they did spend that much on a hotel in San Fransisco plus gas money that's not a huge profit.
On my hotels.com app it was still $359+fees/tax for tonight with a "discount." I think Kelsey purposely picked that place because they got engaged in Florence - and it's supposed to "feel like" a Florence villa. She probably thought it would be romantic...or something. Jeez, I hope they aren't trying to get pregnant again. Their room in Medford had two beds...convenient for June to have her own bed for once - if you know what I mean. GROSSSSSSSSS! :-o :-o :-o
What's gross about a married couple having sex? Good for them, all parents know that once you have kids the "couple time" is greatly reduced. If they put June in the extra bed for that reason then good for them. Sex isn't gross.. i mean at least not to me.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

usernamessuck wrote:Can we talk about corbin complaining about changing June's outfit? What was that about?
On one hand: if kelsey already had an outfit laid out and corbin didnt put it on her, then that's rude.
On the other hand: if corbin put together June's outfit on his own, and kelsey changed her just cuz, then she's being rude.
It was just a strange situation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
He sounded like such an ass. It seemed as though they had already had words over that situation and Corbin just had to bring it back up on camera to make a point.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:They could have also used Hotels Tonight or some other app that aggregates discounted hotel rooms that hotels try to rent out last minute. I think they made a couple thousand dollars more than they normally do with the jump in views thanks to the Lannings, but if they did spend that much on a hotel in San Fransisco plus gas money that's not a huge profit.
On my hotels.com app it was still $359+fees/tax for tonight with a "discount." I think Kelsey purposely picked that place because they got engaged in Florence - and it's supposed to "feel like" a Florence villa. She probably thought it would be romantic...or something. Jeez, I hope they aren't trying to get pregnant again. Their room in Medford had two beds...convenient for June to have her own bed for once - if you know what I mean. GROSSSSSSSSS! :-o :-o :-o
What's gross about a married couple having sex? Good for them, all parents know that once you have kids the "couple time" is greatly reduced. If they put June in the extra bed for that reason then good for them. Sex isn't gross.. i mean at least not to me.
I just think the thought of sex with Corbin seems GROSSSSSS! I find him extremely unattractive. I don't care if they have sex or not. That's up to them. I'm just repelled by Corbin's looks.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: On my hotels.com app it was still $359+fees/tax for tonight with a "discount." I think Kelsey purposely picked that place because they got engaged in Florence - and it's supposed to "feel like" a Florence villa. She probably thought it would be romantic...or something. Jeez, I hope they aren't trying to get pregnant again. Their room in Medford had two beds...convenient for June to have her own bed for once - if you know what I mean. GROSSSSSSSSS! :-o :-o :-o
I just think the thought of sex with Corbin seems GROSSSSSS! I find him extremely unattractive. I don't care if they have sex or not. That's up to them. I'm just repelled by Corbin's looks.
I dont think corbin is cute either, but i'm sure Kelsey does. I get what you mean, it just sounded like you were giving them a hard time for having sex (if they did)
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:In today's video they were complaining about being "stuck" in traffic all while moving at what looked like a normal speed. Then why they showed actually being stuck in traffic it looked like they were only a few minutes from home. If anyone hasn't watched today's vlog, it's not worth it. They seriously just show a few minutes of them driving home, arriving home, and then putting a new cover on June's stroller. The end.
Claiming they were "stuck" in traffic was definitely an overstatement. Medford to Portland is REALLY rural and they got to Portland during rush hour - they were "stuck" in traffic for probably a whopping 2-3 miles. Imagine if they had JOBS and a daily commute. :roll: :roll: :roll:
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

usernamessuck wrote:Can we talk about corbin complaining about changing June's outfit? What was that about?
On one hand: if kelsey already had an outfit laid out and corbin didnt put it on her, then that's rude.
On the other hand: if corbin put together June's outfit on his own, and kelsey changed her just cuz, then she's being rude.
It was just a strange situation.

Can we also talk about how they think her weird baby Mohawk quiff is "literally so cute" and "literally can't lay flat" even though the majority of the time they were at the bumps house it lay flat... I think they just don't wash her hair/ bathe her enough! She looks way cuter that way imo but I think Kelsey wants her to be exactly like her (supposedly she had the same hair as a baby) and when it stands up it looks like corbins current shitty haircut. Idk why but this irks me so much haha! [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 515fe5.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 3bb690.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

That mohawk is not cute.... My sister bathed her little babies every night before bed and rubbed them down with bedtime lotion. It was part of their bedtime routine, and her babies smelled sooo good. They needed a daily bath, and I think it would be good for June. I think that would help her hair look better.
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:In today's video they were complaining about being "stuck" in traffic all while moving at what looked like a normal speed. Then why they showed actually being stuck in traffic it looked like they were only a few minutes from home. If anyone hasn't watched today's vlog, it's not worth it. They seriously just show a few minutes of them driving home, arriving home, and then putting a new cover on June's stroller. The end.
Claiming they were "stuck" in traffic was definitely an overstatement. Medford to Portland is REALLY rural and they got to Portland during rush hour - they were "stuck" in traffic for probably a whopping 2-3 miles. Imagine if they had JOBS and a daily commute. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah there is ALWAYS traffic in that little stretch before you hit Portland. But it usually only delays you maybe 10 minutes.

As far as the lumps buying rentals- wouldn't be surprised. Especially since Jared did say at vloggerfair that he and Ellie are buying real estate for additional streams of income outside of yt.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I'm annoyed at Corbin for wanting to pierce June's ears. They pretend to be crunchy and like they want their daughter to be empowered, yet want to force body modification on her at not even four months old, just because it'll look "cute." And Corbin, you may have Hispanic relatives, but you are just using the "it's our culture" excuse as a reason to poke holes in your non-consenting daughter's body. Not to mention, also trying to convince Kelsey to get a tattoo she didn't seem sure about that Corbin will most likely design himself and give her no choice over.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

fossilfinger wrote:I'm annoyed at Corbin for wanting to pierce June's ears. They pretend to be crunchy and like they want their daughter to be empowered, yet want to force body modification on her at not even four months old, just because it'll look "cute." And Corbin, you may have Hispanic relatives, but you are just using the "it's our culture" excuse as a reason to poke holes in your non-consenting daughter's body. Not to mention, also trying to convince Kelsey to get a tattoo she didn't seem sure about that Corbin will most likely design himself and give her no choice over.
I literally laughed out loud at his Hispanic culture excuse. Because they adhere to so many Hispanic cultures.

Also, the tattoo thing is weird. Kelsey said "Corbin is really pushing it" -- WHAT?? He's pushing her to pierce his baby's ears and for his wife to get a tattoo??? Modify your own body, you controlling freak.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Come on corbin. You're as white as they come. I'm half Filipino, but i always tell people I'm white. If you dont participate in all the culture at home, you dont get to claim the culture as a passtime.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I agree with all of you...since when is Corbin - the ultra-white Amish hipster - suddenly so Hispanic??! Does he even speak Spanish...or even speak to his Hispanic mother? HAHAHA

Remember when they thought their baby should dress gender-neutral? That seems to be over now that she's mostly in pink with hair bows. Now he wants her ears pieced? What's the rush??? Babies don't need to wear earrings. Does he just want her to look more like a girl?

And tattoos? I hope they are joking!!!!! Doing stuff for vlog content is getting a little out of control!
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

In Canada, its widely recommended you wait till babies have had their first set of vaccines before piercing their ears. I found it interesting they didn't update on what their " paediatrician " recommended. Either it's a huge click bait video coming or does anyone know of June is vaccinated??
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Snow White wrote:In Canada, its widely recommended you wait till babies have had their first set of vaccines before piercing their ears. I found it interesting they didn't update on what their " paediatrician " recommended. Either it's a huge click bait video coming or does anyone know of June is vaccinated??
I doubt she is because Corbin would have used that for riveting vlog content!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:I agree with all of you...since when is Corbin - the ultra-white Amish hipster - suddenly so Hispanic??! Does he even speak Spanish...or even speak to his Hispanic mother? HAHAHA

Remember when they thought their baby should dress gender-neutral? That seems to be over now that she's mostly in pink with hair bows. Now he wants her ears pieced? What's the rush??? Babies don't need to wear earrings. Does he just want her to look more like a girl?

And tattoos? I hope they are joking!!!!! Doing stuff for vlog content is getting a little out of control!
"Ultra white Amish hipster" made me snort laugh lolololololol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Snow White wrote:In Canada, its widely recommended you wait till babies have had their first set of vaccines before piercing their ears. I found it interesting they didn't update on what their " paediatrician " recommended. Either it's a huge click bait video coming or does anyone know of June is vaccinated??
In *pretty* sure she is vaccinated, but maybe they are on a delayed schedule. I think she said that in an update.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Every resource out there recommends waiting until 6 months to run with your child in a jogging stroller due to lack of head and neck control, so I don't know what in the world they were thinking. As usually, they weren't. They're so willfully ignorant. I can't believe they're just like, "Oh well, she'll get used to it." She's screaming because it's uncomfortable for her at that age, not because she needs to "get used to it." They couldn't even be bothered to read the material that came with the jogging stroller or do a quick google search.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:Every resource out there recommends waiting until 6 months to run with your child in a jogging stroller due to lack of head and neck control, so I don't know what in the world they were thinking. As usually, they weren't. They're so willfully ignorant. I can't believe they're just like, "Oh well, she'll get used to it." She's screaming because it's uncomfortable for her at that age, not because she needs to "get used to it." They couldn't even be bothered to read the material that came with the jogging stroller or do a quick google search.
I was wondering about that. Where they live is an OLD neighborhood with crappy, uneven sidewalks. At least they could have taken her up to Mt. Tabor's paved path!! It's steeper, but at least the poor baby wouldn't be bouncing every step.

SN: Wow, they are seriously gung-ho about piercing her ears. I hope they really thought it through and it's not just for vlog content. I personally don't think babies look cute with pierced ears/earrings and WHY THE RUSH? And even the reason Hispanics do it isn't fully understood - other than to make baby girls look more like girls. Corbin is just effing weird! Babies don't need earrings!
justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

I haven't watched the video but piercing baby's ears is very common where I live and I don't think it is only a Hispanic custom. I think people do it so they don't have to worry about the child freaking out when they are older like Olivia did on Bonnie and Joel's. They also probably figure it is easier to keep it clean when they are babies. I never did it with my kids but I see a lot of babies with pierced ears and haven't ever thought of it as torture.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think it's odd to subject your child to a needle through their earlobes for aesthetic reasons. I agree, a baby doesn't need earrings. A child doesn't need earrings for that matter. Let her grow up and decide for herself. I just don't see that as something a parent needs to choose for their daughter before she's old enough to make that decision herself. Not only is it a painful procedure with no medical benefit, but it's just strange to not give their daughter that bodily integrity. Corbin should go pierce his own ears and stop pressuring his wife to get a tattoo and to pierce their daughter's ears.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”