Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Shorty02
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by Shorty02 »

Personal: I was 24 years old when I got my ears pierced, and the main reason I did it was because I wanted to wear earrings at my wedding and on special occasions. I hated clip ons because they're usually really uncomfortable. I rarely wear earrings now and if I do they're usually just studs.

Not everyone wants their ears pierced, and not everyone enjoys wearing earrings. I think it's ridiculous to do to a baby and I honestly hate how it looks on babies. Sorry for the personal rant, it just pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Shorty02 wrote:Not everyone wants their ears pierced, and not everyone enjoys wearing earrings. I think it's ridiculous to do to a baby and I honestly hate how it looks on babies.
This is actually really true! I barely wear earrings and don't find them that important!! June is barely 4 months old!

It REALLY bugged me that Corbin (who is a MAN without earrings) said she could just let them grow closed if she didn't want them. IS HE THAT STUPID?? He needs to do more research. They might "close" but there is still a mark from the puncture - and typically they don't really close. Also, who the heck is going to be cleaning and caring for the earrings/piercings? I hope they don't puncture her earlobes and then complain it's too much work...like they usually do!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My mom didn't get her ears pierced until she was in her 40s because when she was growing up, "nice girls" didn't have pierced ears. I waited until my daughter was old enough not only to say she wanted them, but to care for them herself. I just don't understand piercing a baby's ears. I do get that it's a cultural thing for some people, so I don't judge in general, but Corbin doesn't participate in that culture in any other way that I've seen! And pressuring Kelsey to get a tattoo? Get one yourself, and then we'll talk.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

My mum pierced my ears when I was about June's age, and when I was maybe 18 months old, I ripped one of the piercings out. So, I wound up with a hole on one side and uneven lobes. And, when I went to get them re-pierced as a teenager, the hole I had that didn't close was too high, so I now have one hole on top of another and a butt load of scar tissue

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

When I got my ears pierced I had an allergic reaction to the earing (and i got them done at my pediatrician' s office). It was terrible, and if we would have waited to check on it I would have needed surgery to get the earing out. They had better pray thay doesnt happen to june because not only is it a hassle, it's painful.
Also, earrings on babies are impossible to keep track of. My sister pierced my nieces ears when she was like 6 months old, and even with the safety back earrings the child keeps losing them. Which then you have to pray the dog doesnt eat them. It's just not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

aral12 wrote:
usernamessuck wrote:Can we talk about corbin complaining about changing June's outfit? What was that about?
On one hand: if kelsey already had an outfit laid out and corbin didnt put it on her, then that's rude.
On the other hand: if corbin put together June's outfit on his own, and kelsey changed her just cuz, then she's being rude.
It was just a strange situation.

Can we also talk about how they think her weird baby Mohawk quiff is "literally so cute" and "literally can't lay flat" even though the majority of the time they were at the bumps house it lay flat... I think they just don't wash her hair/ bathe her enough! She looks way cuter that way imo but I think Kelsey wants her to be exactly like her (supposedly she had the same hair as a baby) and when it stands up it looks like corbins current shitty haircut. Idk why but this irks me so much haha!

Idk if her hair being fluffy like that is from it being dirty. My daughter's hair would stick up like that only when it was freshly washed, after a day or so (I would only bathe her every other day unless she absolutely needed it) it would lie down from the oil on her scalp. I don't think her fluffy hair has anything to do with her cleanliness. Plus she's like 3 months old. She doesn't really need her hair styled. Babies hair just grows however it's gonna grow. I think it's kinda cute myself.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I wasn't allowed to have my ears pierced until I was 13 and I thought it was the worst thing that could have ever happened. I begged and pleaded for years but my parents wouldn't let me. When I had my daughter there was no way I would have done it when she was a baby. It just seemed cruel to me. I always said as soon as she asked, whatever age that was, I would let her. She started asking for them to be done at around 4 years old and we let her, of course I had to clean them and such but we had no issues. Now she's 12 and hardly EVER wears earrings, which is fine. But I'm glad she has them done so we don't have to deal with it, and I'm glad I gave HER the choice to do it.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Shorty02 wrote:Not everyone wants their ears pierced, and not everyone enjoys wearing earrings. I think it's ridiculous to do to a baby and I honestly hate how it looks on babies.
This is actually really true! I barely wear earrings and don't find them that important!! June is barely 4 months old!

It REALLY bugged me that Corbin (who is a MAN without earrings) said she could just let them grow closed if she didn't want them. IS HE THAT STUPID?? He needs to do more research. They might "close" but there is still a mark from the puncture - and typically they don't really close.
I know this is rare, but my ears got so infected when I had them pierced (and re-pierced because they scarred closed) that I now have keloids in my ears and they sometimes still itch and bug me to this day and I haven't worn earrings in 10 years.
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

Playsinrain wrote:
aral12 wrote:
usernamessuck wrote:Can we talk about corbin complaining about changing June's outfit? What was that about?
On one hand: if kelsey already had an outfit laid out and corbin didnt put it on her, then that's rude.
On the other hand: if corbin put together June's outfit on his own, and kelsey changed her just cuz, then she's being rude.
It was just a strange situation.

Can we also talk about how they think her weird baby Mohawk quiff is "literally so cute" and "literally can't lay flat" even though the majority of the time they were at the bumps house it lay flat... I think they just don't wash her hair/ bathe her enough! She looks way cuter that way imo but I think Kelsey wants her to be exactly like her (supposedly she had the same hair as a baby) and when it stands up it looks like corbins current shitty haircut. Idk why but this irks me so much haha!

Idk if her hair being fluffy like that is from it being dirty. My daughter's hair would stick up like that only when it was freshly washed, after a day or so (I would only bathe her every other day unless she absolutely needed it) it would lie down from the oil on her scalp. I don't think her fluffy hair has anything to do with her cleanliness. Plus she's like 3 months old. She doesn't really need her hair styled. Babies hair just grows however it's gonna grow. I think it's kinda cute myself.
Well I don't think it just dries like that because like I said the whole time they were at the bumps it looked normal and flat. I was thinking most likely because they had her in the pool a fair bit but then again, I can imagine missy or Bryan brushing it down because she seemed to be in missys hands more than there's!

aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

Playsinrain wrote:I wasn't allowed to have my ears pierced until I was 13 and I thought it was the worst thing that could have ever happened. I begged and pleaded for years but my parents wouldn't let me. When I had my daughter there was no way I would have done it when she was a baby. It just seemed cruel to me. I always said as soon as she asked, whatever age that was, I would let her. She started asking for them to be done at around 4 years old and we let her, of course I had to clean them and such but we had no issues. Now she's 12 and hardly EVER wears earrings, which is fine. But I'm glad she has them done so we don't have to deal with it, and I'm glad I gave HER the choice to do it.
A lady posted in a FB group I'm in once asking for recommendations for a tattooist who would tattoo her 6 month old son. People naturally went furious and were abusing her and asking a lot of questions in disbelief. When they asked her why a baby needed to be tattooed she said "we're Maori, every man in our family gets this small tribal tattoo specifically here. Why not get it now when he's young and doesn't remember?" People we're telling her how wrong it was and she finally edited the post with something along the lines of "read the comments and you'll see why I did this. I would NEVER permanently modify my babies body without their consent unless medically necessary. Piercings are no different."

That always stuck with me! I thought it was a really good way to illustrate the point. Personally I got mine done at 10 and it was so exciting and I looked forward to it for 18 months before hand. They got infected once and I am glad I was old enough to know not to touch them and to apply the salt water and disinfectant etc correctly. (Sorry for a bit of off topic!)

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Today's vlog was just an ad for Build-A-Bear. Waste of time.

I guess these YTers can get away with NOT disclosing it's basically an ad if they are sent gift cards for stores and items or just get sent free items. I guess they only have to disclose it's an ad if there is cash involved. SNEAKY!!!!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:Today's vlog was just an ad for Build-A-Bear. Waste of time.

I guess these YTers can get away with NOT disclosing it's basically an ad if they are sent gift cards for stores and items or just get sent free items. I guess they only have to disclose it's an ad if there is cash involved. SNEAKY!!!!
I'm assuming this was their attempt at a stunt for the vlog, but they just look so immature and silly doing these things before their daughter is even aware of what's going on. Their baby didn't build the bear and she didn't "have a blast" watching Corbin pick out an outfit for the bear. She's four-months-old. She doesn't care. The fact that they don't have any friends in Portland or a life outside of YouTube is very apparent when they do stuff like this for content.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:Today's vlog was just an ad for Build-A-Bear. Waste of time.

I'm assuming this was their attempt at a stunt for the vlog, but they just look so immature and silly doing these things before their daughter is even aware of what's going on. Their baby didn't build the bear and she didn't "have a blast" watching Corbin pick out an outfit for the bear. She's four-months-old. She doesn't care. The fact that they don't have any friends in Portland or a life outside of YouTube is very apparent when they do stuff like this for content.
It could be, but you can usually spot these "brand deals" when several YTers do the same activity or get the same product within days of each other. Samika went to Build-A-Bear just a day or so ago. It's also really obvious when they make it the total focus of the entire vlog - and they had to go ALL THE WAY to a far out suburban mall to even get to that store (and they really aren't "mall" people). They do work with Trending Family and FullScreen, so I'm sure a lot of these families get the same offers/deals/perks.

I think YTers get more free stuff and deals and paid product placement than viewers realize. They just don't reveal that info. I think Kelsey and Corbin get their YT advice from DBs - and those two GET TONS of free stuff and never disclose it was sent for free, etc. Samika and Cullen/Katie are usually the only two vloggers who are somewhat honest about what was sent for free.
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

lol i tought that today's vlog was actually pretty cute but i can't stand their annoying baby voice anymore
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

usernamessuck wrote:When I got my ears pierced I had an allergic reaction to the earing (and i got them done at my pediatrician' s office). It was terrible, and if we would have waited to check on it I would have needed surgery to get the earing out. They had better pray thay doesnt happen to june because not only is it a hassle, it's painful.
Also, earrings on babies are impossible to keep track of. My sister pierced my nieces ears when she was like 6 months old, and even with the safety back earrings the child keeps losing them. Which then you have to pray the dog doesnt eat them. It's just not worth it.

It's ok, if it gets infected they will just rub apple cider vinegar on it, and it will get all better.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Pency wrote:
usernamessuck wrote:When I got my ears pierced I had an allergic reaction to the earing (and i got them done at my pediatrician' s office). It was terrible, and if we would have waited to check on it I would have needed surgery to get the earing out. They had better pray thay doesnt happen to june because not only is it a hassle, it's painful.

It's ok, if it gets infected they will just rub apple cider vinegar on it, and it will get all better.
And with all of the infections that poor baby has had, it would only be a matter of time before her ears would be infected!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're such idiots. There are NO reports of people who escaped from Alcatraz and lived. There are two who were never found, but nobody for sure successfully escaped.
June doesn't "love" San Francisco. She's a baby. She's happy if she's warm, dry and fed. And with her people.
I just can't handle his hipster "accent". It's the only thing I can call it.
I just can't. These two are complete morons. Have fun in Spain when your baby isn't so easy...

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

A "fun international country". My eyes are rolling out of my head. At least Kelsey seems to grasp that she's easy to travel with because she's so little.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:A "fun international country". My eyes are rolling out of my head. At least Kelsey seems to grasp that she's easy to travel with because she's so little.
I could see them taking a road trip to British Columbia (so, yes, international trip), but I doubt they're planning a long international flight. They call themselves "travelers," but I've traveled WAAAAAY more than they have and I don't call myself a big traveler. Especially Corbin...he went to Europe for a week and did a road trip across the country once. BIG DEAL!

I also think their next "big adventure" is moving to SoCal. Their views DROPPED immediately after leaving M&B's house.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:A "fun international country". My eyes are rolling out of my head. At least Kelsey seems to grasp that she's easy to travel with because she's so little.
I could see them taking a road trip to British Columbia (so, yes, international trip), but I doubt they're planning a long international flight. They call themselves "travelers," but I've traveled WAAAAAY more than they have and I don't call myself a big traveler. Especially Corbin...he went to Europe for a week and did a road trip across the country once. BIG DEAL!

I also think their next "big adventure" is moving to SoCal. Their views DROPPED immediately after leaving M&B's house.
Yeah, it's pretty apparent that they need to film with Missy & Bryan regularly if they're going to make decent money. Their views jumped to 180,938 when they were in southern California with the Lannings and almost immediately after they leave their stats start dropping rapidly and now they're almost back to their pre-California road trip numbers. Even the majority of viewers that they get from Bryan and Missy's don't want to watch them unless the Lannings are in the vlog.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”