8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by seriously7 »

izzythecat wrote:Ruby has commented several times that Julie is not complaining about the pain from her braces. This does not surprise me because of how Ruby would treat her if she acted like she was. Julie has learned to suppress her emotions and pain in fear of Ruby and that is very sad. Meanwhile, Russell who is only two years younger than Julie gets babied every day. I don't understand this woman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just my opinion but
Julie cries all the time when she's upset or in pain, i've never seen her suppress any emotions. She's cried when she has to deal with Eve, she's cried when she ripped her favorite underwear, she's cried when her earrings became infected, she's cried when the pool was closed and she couldn't swim, just to name a few. I actually feel she wears her emotions on her sleeve which is why we always make assumptions about how she's treated.

Also, I wouldn't say that Russell gets babied everyday. I see many examples of how she's teaching him independence, such as having him pay for his own stuff at the store, preparing his lunch sometimes, taking his music lessons even when he doesn't want too, and getting his clothes organized. We also do not see her discipline methods.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I do agree that Russell is babied. He's treated like a 2 year old by Ruby. In some instances she does it to Eve too, but on the other hand she expects her to do things like remember shoes and get dressed unprompted which is a bit over her age level. Ruby said Russell was very delayed as far as motor skills go so I'm sure that has something to do with it. He cries at the drop of a dime. I can't quite figure Julie out. We've seen her cry over things for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if she was hiding her pain from the braces. I totally wouldn't be surprised if someone in the family would dismiss it and tell her to suck it up and be grateful she got them. Especially Chad.
overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by overtherainbow »

seriously7 wrote:
izzythecat wrote:Ruby has commented several times that Julie is not complaining about the pain from her braces. This does not surprise me because of how Ruby would treat her if she acted like she was. Julie has learned to suppress her emotions and pain in fear of Ruby and that is very sad. Meanwhile, Russell who is only two years younger than Julie gets babied every day. I don't understand this woman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just my opinion but
Julie cries all the time when she's upset or in pain, i've never seen her suppress any emotions. She's cried when she has to deal with Eve, she's cried when she ripped her favorite underwear, she's cried when her earrings became infected, she's cried when the pool was closed and she couldn't swim, just to name a few. I actually feel she wears her emotions on her sleeve which is why we always make assumptions about how she's treated.

Also, I wouldn't say that Russell gets babied everyday. I see many examples of how she's teaching him independence, such as having him pay for his own stuff at the store, preparing his lunch sometimes, taking his music lessons even when he doesn't want too, and getting his clothes organized. We also do not see her discipline methods.
You're expecting too much from a little child. off course she would cry with an infected ear. she's a human. even grown ups cry when treated badly in their jobs and they know they have no freedom whatsoever to complain.
Her crying doesn't prove that she feel that she can complain to her mother freely or that she does complain.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Slightly off topic but why does Bonnie have her own section on the forum and Ruby has a subsection in Ellie's? Considering Ruby's channel has more subscribers and views, I thought that she would have her own.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Does Ruby put braces on her kids just because for whatever reason it brings in so many views?
overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by overtherainbow »

Vincere wrote:Does Ruby put braces on her kids just because for whatever reason it brings in so many views?
No. She would have given them braces either way.
youtube might have help her to choose to do it earlier but that's it.
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

"Steam cake for a steamy night"
I just threw up in my mouth a little
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

SunnySide0 wrote:Slightly off topic but why does Bonnie have her own section on the forum and Ruby has a subsection in Ellie's? Considering Ruby's channel has more subscribers and views, I thought that she would have her own.
Here's Bonnie's. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... re_type=sf

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

SunnySide0 wrote:Slightly off topic but why does Bonnie have her own section on the forum and Ruby has a subsection in Ellie's? Considering Ruby's channel has more subscribers and views, I thought that she would have her own.
I've wondered that too. It would be nice to be able to get to this thread a little easier. I use the mobile site version which is a hassle itself (not that it's their fault)
MyHeadHurts

Unread post by MyHeadHurts »

Ok, long time lurker. I've watched all of the Griffiths families vlogs for a long time. As far back as Ellie first announcing she was pregnant with Jackson and boy, has this entire family changed.

This vlog finally put me over the edge and forced me to create an account. Ruby used to go on and on how frugle she was ( or needed to be) and how she was all about being a minimalist. I understand wanting to buy good quality things because it should last for a longer time, but come on, that toaster in the vlog today was $200! AND, it's a two slice toaster. How is that practical for a family of eight? Ugh, these people have no common sense.
eloise92
Talker
Talker

Unread post by eloise92 »

Today's vlog was just ewwww!!! I get it, your husband has been away for 10 days OBVIOUSLY you want to get down to it but you don't have to repeatedly put that in the vlog or comment on it infront of your kids!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cue the 8 year old minions: "They're talking about SEX! LOL!" Yes, married adults have sex. Unmarried adults do too. How do they think she ended up with 6 kids? She knows her audience. Why put that in the vlog?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Maybe there will be a 9th passenger after all. ;)
melodiclotus

Unread post by melodiclotus »

I thought that toaster was cute, so I looked it up online. It is over $200. :-o Didn't Ruby once cry about how much money she was spending on groceries?
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

melodiclotus wrote:I thought that toaster was cute, so I looked it up online. It is over $200. :-o Didn't Ruby once cry about how much money she was spending on groceries?
that was before she started staging everything with her kids to get views
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

melodiclotus wrote:I thought that toaster was cute, so I looked it up online. It is over $200. :-o Didn't Ruby once cry about how much money she was spending on groceries?
They are making an insane amount of money right now and haven't seem to spent a ton of it up until recently (like Christmas time). I actually think its good she's sprucing up the house and investing in some nicer things...they certainly have the money to do so (Considering E&J built a fully furnished McMansion and bought a million other things and Ruby's channel is now performing way better). I think a new home or building would have been really interesting and fun to watch from a viewer standpoint but I think it's kind of nice they are investing in the home they have...they're spending way less than it ever would have cost to build new so I can see how she's justifying spending money on fancier items. I still think in a year or two if their channel is still performing well, they'll change their minds and move, but at least their house will be worth much more (assuming she paints the doors back to normal colors).

I wonder if she'll keep a dishwasher in the new kitchen or get rid of it like Bonnie did. Seems ridiculous to me to get rid of a dishwasher (or to force your kids to hand wash everything when you have a perfectly good one right there).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"Sprucing up and getting nicer things" is fine. But what is the point of a $200 toaster that only cooks two pieces of toast at a time for a family of eight? Honestly, I don't think people would squawk as much if she'd at least gotten a four slice toaster.

Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Ruby irritates me to know end but I also think it's refreshing that they're just fixing up the house they have rather than buying a new one. It seems like every family blogger goes and buys a mini mansion once they start creeper toward a million subscribers. I doubt they'll move in a couple years because at that point Shari will be only a couple years from going off to college and that will create more space.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But didn't they try to buy something and the financing fell through?
I wonder if she left the pot of beans cooking so she could get a kitchen makeover on the insurance company's dime lol.

Silentbob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Silentbob »

I'm all for having children do chores but seriously, how can this woman do absolutely nothing while she has her kids doing everything be so tired all of the time? She had everyone besides princess Shari I'm sure since it seems like she doesn't have chores cleaning the house and yard work while she got "romantic". Even during the school year they have to clean the house before they go to school, among other rediculous things.

Return to “8 Passengers”