Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Stuuu3 wrote:
webbygurl626 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm so sorry, I'm playing catch up and I'm still stuck on the "do you want smore" vlog. Where in that did Bonnie admit to being a rude or aggressive driver or whatever? I'm wondering if we're watching the same vlog because I watched/skimmed through twice and never heard anything close to that. Haha

Also, just wanna say that the Boston vs. Gpa Griff thing had me cringing as well. How humiliating for Boston. Those types of instances have long lasting affects on children. And imo, the worst part isn't even how poorly Chad handled it, it's the way everyone laughed about it and how Bonnie just let it happen. I really hope someone sat down with Boston afterward and talked with him about it, but judging by how funny and entertaining they all thought it was, I doubt it was even given a second thought. I grew up as an anxious child (still an anxious adult, lol) and at 24, I will still have random flashbacks of cringeworthy/humiliating instances like that from my childhood, so that little clip struck a very personal chord with me. So messed up.
YES to that second part of your post. I think that people who don't have anxiety just don't understand it. But from what Bonnie has said it seems that Joel was an anxious child as well? I cringe when I see adult (and people in general) act that way. I wish my parents went more into it when I was little so that they could help me.
Olivia also shows signs of anxiety with the picking at her finger thing that Bonnie disciplined her for. I think this family is just REALLY uneducated about mental illness (being different from the norm, etc.) and they really believe happiness is a choice (there's a song called "Turn It Off" from Book of Mormon all about this Mormon "trick" LOL). Also, Bonnie is a TOTAL bitch and probably a totally dangerous driver.

Here's the song. It's funny (and reminds me of Jared!).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of5cgecGIhg
Silentbob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Silentbob »

Stuuu3 wrote:
webbygurl626 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm so sorry, I'm playing catch up and I'm still stuck on the "do you want smore" vlog. Where in that did Bonnie admit to being a rude or aggressive driver or whatever? I'm wondering if we're watching the same vlog because I watched/skimmed through twice and never heard anything close to that. Haha

Also, just wanna say that the Boston vs. Gpa Griff thing had me cringing as well. How humiliating for Boston. Those types of instances have long lasting affects on children. And imo, the worst part isn't even how poorly Chad handled it, it's the way everyone laughed about it and how Bonnie just let it happen. I really hope someone sat down with Boston afterward and talked with him about it, but judging by how funny and entertaining they all thought it was, I doubt it was even given a second thought. I grew up as an anxious child (still an anxious adult, lol) and at 24, I will still have random flashbacks of cringeworthy/humiliating instances like that from my childhood, so that little clip struck a very personal chord with me. So messed up.
YES to that second part of your post. I think that people who don't have anxiety just don't understand it. But from what Bonnie has said it seems that Joel was an anxious child as well? I cringe when I see adult (and people in general) act that way. I wish my parents went more into it when I was little so that they could help me.
I skipped a few blogs because bonnie rubs me the wrong way now. What happened between Boston and Chad?
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

I'd like to know which video this is in......don't mess w/ hulk Boston!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Emmalinelola1 wrote:I'd like to know which video this is in......don't mess w/ hulk Boston!

"Do you want smore" around the 10:50 mark. It's nothing terrible, Chad (grandpa) was speaking to Cody and Boston kept trying to get Chad's attention. Instead of Chad or Bonnie teaching him to wait his turn until after Grandpa was done speaking, Chad ignored him until he finally shushed him. Boston ran off seemingly upset. It was a good opportunity to teach Boston to wait, but nobody did anything. That's all I'll say on that because I think I've drug it out long enough lol.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Caisflame wrote:
Emmalinelola1 wrote:I'd like to know which video this is in......don't mess w/ hulk Boston!

"Do you want smore" around the 10:50 mark. It's nothing terrible, Chad (grandpa) was speaking to Cody and Boston kept trying to get Chad's attention. Instead of Chad or Bonnie teaching him to wait his turn until after Grandpa was done speaking, Chad ignored him until he finally shushed him. Boston ran off seemingly upset. It was a good opportunity to teach Boston to wait, but nobody did anything. That's all I'll say on that because I think I've drug it out long enough lol.
It really isn't very terrible, but can be telling that the kids are stressed/anxious. Bonnie and Joel both say they fight a lot and Bonnie is VERY stern with the kids (IMO, it's for no real reason most of the time). They don't seem consistent with family "rules," so the kids seem confused and I'm sure frustrated.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

The vlogging life is stressing the parents and the they are passing it on to the children ...
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

I think I figured it out.... Joel isn't getting a truck until it is sponsored to him just like EJ and the damn Pacifica. Bonnie's tweet about dream brands to work with convinced me. They vlog all the time showing how much Joel works and how much he could use a truck, so they are just setting themselves up for a brand deal.
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:I think I figured it out.... Joel isn't getting a truck until it is sponsored to him just like EJ and the damn Pacifica. Bonnie's tweet about dream brands to work with convinced me. They vlog all the time showing how much Joel works and how much he could use a truck, so they are just setting themselves up for a brand deal.
I'd do the same honestly. And considering it wouldn't be in the garage most of the time they can actually get a better deal than E&J.
you can call me kath.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

Caisflame wrote:

Thank you caisflame for your explanation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

This is sooooo nitpicky and I'm sure some people might think I'm ridiculous for saying this, so I apologize in advance haha. I'm a huge germaphobe and I couldn't help but notice that when Olivia was "washing her hands" she didn't properly wash them at all and Joel didn't say anything. B&J have repeatedly proven to be clueless about germs, so I worry that that's the way they all wash their hands. *cringe*
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:This is sooooo nitpicky and I'm sure some people might think I'm ridiculous for saying this, so I apologize in advance haha. I'm a huge germaphobe and I couldn't help but notice that when Olivia was "washing her hands" she didn't properly wash them at all and Joel didn't say anything. B&J have repeatedly proven to be clueless about germs, so I worry that that's the way they all wash their hands. Image *cringe*
I thought she was just demonstrating for the video. I assumed she already washed her hands.
Stuuu3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Stuuu3 »

Caisflame wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:This is sooooo nitpicky and I'm sure some people might think I'm ridiculous for saying this, so I apologize in advance haha. I'm a huge germaphobe and I couldn't help but notice that when Olivia was "washing her hands" she didn't properly wash them at all and Joel didn't say anything. B&J have repeatedly proven to be clueless about germs, so I worry that that's the way they all wash their hands. Image *cringe*
I thought she was just demonstrating for the video. I assumed she already washed her hands.
I thought so too. She was just demonstrating
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

lmmomSD wrote:I absolutely get your point, and I know there's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of aura here. And living in Southern California, it's a lot easier to side eye things that someone who lives in Utah does. It was just the way she said she shouldn't be enjoying it, while she was posting it for views, that bugged me. The other boys dressed up too, and Lincoln was obviously having a great time. Why not enjoy it? And I have to believe she was posting it to get people interested and want to watch the vlog to see more, so saying she shouldn't enjoy it, while saying basically "look at my cute kid dressing like Tinkerbell!" was hypocritical. That's what got my back up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I agree. Bonnie has constantly shown her preference for gender roles. *thinks back to when I was triggered over her "Olivia will make a good mummy" comment Image*

Also, I feel like Bonnie has been in the vlogging game long enough that some (if not most) of what she "chooses" to share on social media has some sort of personal gain motive. Good business really, but really frustrating when you try to sell or present your brand as "for our memories". Just own it!

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Bonnie really didn't know that it's the water that holds the dock up? I thought it was common knowledge that the level of the water effects the height of the dock.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

In the little bit of the vlog we saw today Lincoln seemed/looked SO much younger than an almost 2 year old, I had to go online and quickly check exactly how old Lincoln is.

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

alym0326 wrote:In the little bit of the vlog we saw today Lincoln seemed/looked SO much younger than an almost 2 year old, I had to go online and quickly check exactly how old Lincoln is.

I think it was just the onsie that made him look younger. In recent vlogs where he's worn 'toddler' clothes, he looks older than he is. Such a cute kid!!

Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

I wonder if Bonnie realizes the impact she has on her kids when she calls them sissys? Not the first time she's done it, either. Name calling by parents is something you remember and sometimes something you adopt as a attribute because you grow up believing it.
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

Parkerwar wrote:I wonder if Bonnie realizes the impact she has on her kids when she calls them sissys? Not the first time she's done it, either. Name calling by parents is something you remember and sometimes something you adopt as a attribute because you grow up believing it.
She's such a bully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

imnottired wrote:
Parkerwar wrote:I wonder if Bonnie realizes the impact she has on her kids when she calls them sissys? Not the first time she's done it, either. Name calling by parents is something you remember and sometimes something you adopt as a attribute because you grow up believing it.
She's such a bully.

Just like Chad (her dad) was/is.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
imnottired wrote:
She's such a bully.

Just like Chad (her dad) was/is.
She jokingly called her self a bully in an earlier vlog with Joel and how she bullies him sometimes. She also mentioned in the siblings vlog that she used to bully the younger siblings, could be her personality. Bonnie has tough skin and hopes the same for the rest, especially her kids...

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”