The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

I skimmed through yesterday's vlog, and did Jared say.. 'hydrogena'? *eye twitches*

There was a few comments saying that E+J need to go take some classes at a community college haha, I think I'd have to agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sostinkincute
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sostinkincute »

Shorty02 wrote:
bunny88 wrote:So I skipped to the end of today's vlog just to hear Jared Von HolierThanThou's speech. Basically he rambled on about choosing happiness and how he always tries to make ppl happy. Basically being very passive-aggressive/condescending to anyone that leaves a negative comment. And all I could think was how Ellie could benefit from his little speech because all Ellie cares about is herself.
The shots of Ellie dancing with the boys were alarming. She has been thin, before, but I don't think I have ever seen her this thin. She needs help. Why doesn't anyone in her life see that??? This is not body shaming. I am seriously concerned for her. Even if it isn't an eating disorder (which I think it is based on her food portions).... then something is obviously wrong with her physically and she still needs help!
I dont buy the whole "I can't gain weight" from her. Drink a milk shake every day as a snack and you will gain weight. Those are loaded with calories. Yes it's not very healthy, but at this point she needs to add calories, somehow!
I'm sure people will disagree with me on this, but I think one reason for his speech today was because he is worried about Ellie. At one point he said something about how "he tries to make so many people happy that sometimes he misses the most important people." I could be wrong, but I think he was talking about Ellie. It has to be hard for him, his kids, and their marriage to watch Ellie go through whatever she is going through.

Unfortunately, I don't think he realizes that continuing to vlog is probably having the biggest impact on her self-esteem. Yes, the negative comments are hurting her, but no one should even be in the situation they are in and I think it's time they realize it. Money is great but it's not the most important thing, and personally I think it's time for them to stop vlogging or cut back on it and only do it a few times a week instead of everyday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think he's concerned for her as well, but I wish he/they would come out and talk about, or at least acknowledge the "battles they are facing that nobody knows about." He mentions at the end of his rant that "you never know the battles people are facing, so be kind" or something along those lines. So why don't they just come out and say they are having a rough time dealing with things.. they don't even have to share more than that. But to go on a little rant and make it seem like everyone else is in the wrong for "not being nice" just reconfirms they only care about themselves and getting hated on for "not doing anything wrong."

Not sure if any of that made any sense, but I just don't understand why they can't at least admit they are going through a rough time, or dealing with some things privately, or anything along those lines. If they would at least be open about that, I think people would be able to have a little more understanding of why their vlogs (and attitudes) are kinda shitty right now.
katlinsmith04209
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by katlinsmith04209 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... a266a6.png[/img]

Ellie seriously has no butt compared to her sisters. She seriously needs to gain some weight.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:He should divorce her. That would increase their views!
Now that is some content I would watch!! I really do hope things work out in their family for the sake of the kids, but I certainly do enjoy a good train wreck. I really feel as if their youtube train is running full steam ahead at a wall and some sort of big scandal or massive Ellie breakdown is bound to bring things to a screeching halt.

Jared can give his sappy talks all day long...I think he's a genuine person with a good heart who has been blinded by youtube fame and the constant need to please his needy wife and everyone else around him. It' s Ellie who I want to hear from though. She picks up the camera for a few minutes each day to vlog some meaningless, superficial makeup or cooking moment and a clip or two of Calvin ,but we haven't heard her open up and be real or talk about something meaningful in some time. Maybe people would stop criticizing her if we could understand more of her struggle and motivation for things and then relate more. Instead, it is just painfully obvious she is covering up and hiding her unhappiness and that bothers and concerns people! There's just something so off about her and it's really quite sad. Viewers are noticing and I agree, Jared knows too. If he really cared, he'd put down the camera and focus on his family (and maybe seek out professional help for Ellie). But I think he equates money and success with keeping Ellie happy and "sane", so that is why he keeps going. They can't keep up the act forever though. And a new baby will not solve any problems.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Jared should definitely play his speech back at Ellie then, I have watched her several times get irritated by people, didn't she just get mad because someone wouldn't walk around her at the airport (something like that) or the Walmart employee, she doesn't know how to wrap her fun little mind around the thought of other battles people might be facing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If they have some real problems going on behind the scenes that we just don't know about, I really doubt they would be so immature as to find trees "fun."
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

katlinsmith04209 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... a266a6.png[/img]

Ellie seriously has no butt compared to her sisters. She seriously needs to gain some weight.

Okay. That is just scary. No grown woman, especially one who is supposedly trying to conceive, should have that big a gap between their thighs. I don't like Ellie, but I don't want her to die. And she did gain weight when she was "so sure" she was pregnant. I think HS said once, right after the "miscarriage", she _can_ gain weight. When she thinks she's pregnant, she lets herself eat. And the saddest thing is that if you post even kindly saying that you're worried, the minions will swarm you, saying "But she _tries_! She can't gain weight! She's always been thin!" And your comment will get deleted and you will be blocked. But she hasn't always been this thin. When she was younger, she was thin but not skeletal.
And no, you don't know what battles people are fighting. But saying "Everything is wonderful! We're SO happy and life is so fun!" When it's obviously not, is just disingenuous and makes people want to stop watching. They don't have to share everything if they don't want to. But don't claim to be "transparent" and hide stuff and then get pissed when people notice. Say "Ellie is struggling right now. Please be supportive". And guess what? People will generally cut her some slack.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

HelloSweetie wrote:About Ellie's weight, in pretty sure I saw an interesting thing in one of Bonnie's vlogs from last week, but didn't mention it because I haven't gone back to doublecheck. Maybe someone else noticed this as well....

They were all meeting up to go somewhere, I think the lake, and the Bonnie is vlogging while E&J roll up. Ellie unrolls the window and Bonnie, without anyone saying anything, hands Ellie a chip or cracker or something to eat. Such a small thing but I noticed it because my family has been doing the same sort of subtle and passive feeding of my aunt for years. We can't talk or reason with her, so we find subtle ways to get a bite into her here and there. I just thought it was very telling.

Like I said though, I haven't gone back to doublecheck, so I could have interpreted something wrong.
I remember this too. It was so weird. I went to the vlog to screenshot it...look in the reflection...IT WAS JOEL THAT GAVE HER THE LITTLE BIT OF FOOD. Makes it even weirder. I feel bad for Ellie being unhealthy. She has good people around her that care but maybe not doing the research to get her the right kind of help.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 224a9b.jpg[/img]
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 77f8d0.jpg[/img]

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:About Ellie's weight, in pretty sure I saw an interesting thing in one of Bonnie's vlogs from last week, but didn't mention it because I haven't gone back to doublecheck. Maybe someone else noticed this as well....

They were all meeting up to go somewhere, I think the lake, and the Bonnie is vlogging while E&J roll up. Ellie unrolls the window and Bonnie, without anyone saying anything, hands Ellie a chip or cracker or something to eat. Such a small thing but I noticed it because my family has been doing the same sort of subtle and passive feeding of my aunt for years. We can't talk or reason with her, so we find subtle ways to get a bite into her here and there. I just thought it was very telling.

Like I said though, I haven't gone back to doublecheck, so I could have interpreted something wrong.
I remember this too. It was so weird. I went to the vlog to screenshot it...look in the reflection...IT WAS JOEL THAT GAVE HER THE LITTLE BIT OF FOOD. Makes it even weirder. I feel bad for Ellie being unhealthy. She has good people around her that care but maybe not doing the research to get her the right kind of help.

Wow, in that second picture, she looks actually sick. Her arms are so skinny, but it's her face-- whoever said her eyes are sunken said it. She looks like she's having chemo with that hat on.

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I bet they have talked to her a lot and tried to encouraged her to get hep lbut judging by the way she handles negative comments she doesn't listen an gets passive aggressive towards them and might be why she has no friends. Plus I think the family isn't going to publicly share what they think is wrong with Ellie. So to assume they don't try could actually be them giving her privacy and respect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Kaylor1 wrote:I bet they have talked to her a lot and tried to encouraged her to get hep lbut judging by the way she handles negative comments she doesn't listen an gets passive aggressive towards them and might be why she has no friends. Plus I think the family isn't going to publicly share what they think is wrong with Ellie. So to assume they don't try could actually be them giving her privacy and respect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Her mother seems to encourage her to be tiny. In Bonnnie's vlog a fee weeks ago, Ellie jumped into her mothers arms and wrapped her legs around her. Bonnie said that Jennifer said, "Look how tiny and cute you are, I just want to burp you!"

Or something like that. It seemed like she was encouraging Ellie to be small. I cant speak for anyvof the other family members. Joel feeding her was super weird, though.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yeah, from that clip, her mom encourages it, which is really sick.
The thing is, they don't have to post what's going on with Ellie specifically if she wants privacy. But she did vlog about it last year. She talked about feeling dizzy and not being able to walk upstairs in the apartment. Then she said something after they built the house that she had been struggling with something, but was all better now. Ostensibly because they got the house. Which is ridiculous. Material things don't fix you. Neither do babies. If she's really going through something that the family including Jared, is taking seriously, they need to stop the "everything is awesome" crap. Because we can all see that it isn't. Otherwise it looks like she's got them so over a barrel that they would rather let her die than confront her. My mom's cousin died of anorexia. It's not pretty. And we did try to help. I get that it's really hard, and you have to be so careful how you go about it. But praising how "tiny and cute" she is, isn't how you do it.
Plus, as has been said before, she has a bunch of girls calling her "#skinnygoals" . She has an obligation, especially since she likes the attention and the idea of being a role model, to tell those girls that she is NOT an example of a look to aspire.to.
She can't have it both ways. She can't be saying "oh, look at me! I am an inspiration! God gave us Calvin because we're living right. We're an example of how to live" And also say, "No, we can't talk about this particular issue because I want my privacy"

Last edited by lmmomSD on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:

Someone should burn that pink tank top of Jared's. he looks like he has breasts in it Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ellie is losing weight and Jared is finding it.
That tank top and the blue shirt Bryan wore to Disneyland are both very unflattering.

imherenow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by imherenow »

You know I wonder if she's always had some sort of eating disorder or just some restrictive tendencies. That could explain her supposed irregular cycles that she claims to have always had. But now, for some reason there's something going on in her life that's causing her to restrict so much more than before. Something just seems so off with her and I can't figure it out. Besides her obvious narcissistic personality.

Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

I watched Bonnie's vlog on Friday. She was at her Mom's along with Ruby and all of the kids. At one point they locked the kids outside (literally) so they could talk in private. I can't help wondering if they were talking about Ellie. They have to notice that she is teetering on the edge of a breakdown.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Not off topic but actually related: Does anyone watch the Saccone Joly? I stopped watching while she was pregnant just because their vlogs started to get boring, imo. Anyway, they have million+ subscribers and dont preach as much as Jared does and aren't particularly religious but I feel like she DID take the opportunity to be a role model and knowing they obviously influence people, she talked about her eating disorder. She opened up about it. It was shocking to viewers like me, but there were so many positive comments.. She kind of began advocating for it, etc. I dont think Ellie is mature or brave enough to fess up to a problem of her own. Because nothing is her own fault, but I think waht Anna Saccone did was pretty great as a youtuber with heaps of child viewers. Anyway... heres a link to it, in case anyone is interested..
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

imherenow wrote:You know I wonder if she's always had some sort of eating disorder or just some restrictive tendencies. That could explain her supposed irregular cycles that she claims to have always had. But now, for some reason there's something going on in her life that's causing her to restrict so much more than before. Something just seems so off with her and I can't figure it out. Besides her obvious narcissistic personality. Image

Perhaps she wants to stay a child, Ellie also recently told when she was Jackson's age she whispered in her mother's ears she wanted to stay this age forever. Who knows this could be the core of her anorexia, and personality in broader sense. Everyone has 'something', it might be this for Ellie. Complementary, 'borderline' mothers don't want their children to grow up, Jennifer's reply with 'o so tiny cute' and physically welcoming Ellie jumping into her arms like a child (I can't imagine I would have done that with my mother when I was 26) is at least reminiscent of that...
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

amyfalafal wrote:Not off topic but actually related: Does anyone watch the Saccone Joly? I stopped watching while she was pregnant just because their vlogs started to get boring, imo. Anyway, they have million+ subscribers and dont preach as much as Jared does and aren't particularly religious but I feel like she DID take the opportunity to be a role model and knowing they obviously influence people, she talked about her eating disorder. She opened up about it. It was shocking to viewers like me, but there were so many positive comments.. She kind of began advocating for it, etc. I dont think Ellie is mature or brave enough to fess up to a problem of her own. Because nothing is her own fault, but I think waht Anna Saccone did was pretty great as a youtuber with heaps of child viewers. Anyway... heres a link to it, in case anyone is interested..
I don't think Ellie knows she has an eating disorder, though.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

actuallydear wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:Not off topic but actually related: Does anyone watch the Saccone Joly? I stopped watching while she was pregnant just because their vlogs started to get boring, imo. Anyway, they have million+ subscribers and dont preach as much as Jared does and aren't particularly religious but I feel like she DID take the opportunity to be a role model and knowing they obviously influence people, she talked about her eating disorder. She opened up about it. It was shocking to viewers like me, but there were so many positive comments.. She kind of began advocating for it, etc. I dont think Ellie is mature or brave enough to fess up to a problem of her own. Because nothing is her own fault, but I think waht Anna Saccone did was pretty great as a youtuber with heaps of child viewers. Anyway... heres a link to it, in case anyone is interested..
I don't think Ellie knows she has an eating disorder, though.
I agree. I keep thinking about the mothersgate announcement, the video is just like a bad dream. Weirdly put together like a dream, with bits and pieces and super faint line. Makes my brain hurt lol

Return to “Ellie and Jared”