Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by Snow White »

luci417 wrote: Oh yeah no doubt about it - Corbin thinks the whole damn SOLAR system revolves around him and his family so there's no way he'll be able to deal with essentially being supporting cast for the DBs. At least not for long. I think they'll go where the money is but Corbin's ego will ruin it for them for sure. I don't really watch DBs but I remember Missy implying in a video they're going to be ttc for another kid in 2018. If they have a girl, which they're clearly desperate for, June will be out of the limelight SO FAST and so will K and C.

Also it's kind of an unspoken rule that everyone in their circle is super patient with Ollie and Finn, and everyone knows Ollie can be...challenging, and Finn's still just a curious baby. Do you think Corbin will deal with that well? I know Princess Juniper is the World's Most Amazing Baby but does he seem like the type to enjoy other people's kids? Especially if they're on the bratty side?
Yes! I agree!

Corbin won't handle being Bryan's assistant well, he's already awful with the DB boys & I really think if the theory's are correct about K&C living in a DB rental Corbin will STRUGGLE with having to answer to Lord Bryan as his landlord.

Honestly pretty sure the situation will go down hill incredibly fast!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

luci417 wrote:
actuallydear wrote:i wonder if DB has made them an offer they can't refuse. free or hugely discounted rent... or high paying jobs as new-jeff for corbin, and new-tal for kelsey.

if they move, they'll be likely making more money than ever before, and probably the most they'd ever make with whatever they're doing now. so from a business standpoint - it'd be dumb not to go. but... from a friendship POV - corbin is gonna run that friendship into the ground and mithy will be more depressed than ever.
Oh yeah no doubt about it - Corbin thinks the whole damn SOLAR system revolves around him and his family so there's no way he'll be able to deal with essentially being supporting cast for the DBs. At least not for long. I think they'll go where the money is but Corbin's ego will ruin it for them for sure. I don't really watch DBs but I remember Missy implying in a video they're going to be ttc for another kid in 2018. If they have a girl, which they're clearly desperate for, June will be out of the limelight SO FAST and so will K and C.

Also it's kind of an unspoken rule that everyone in their circle is super patient with Ollie and Finn, and everyone knows Ollie can be...challenging, and Finn's still just a curious baby. Do you think Corbin will deal with that well? I know Princess Juniper is the World's Most Amazing Baby but does he seem like the type to enjoy other people's kids? Especially if they're on the bratty side?
Good point, Corbin doesn't seem interested or affectionate towards Bryan and Missy's children. He was practically yelling at Finn for not being gentle enough with June when Finn was perfectly fine and well-behaved. I agree that Corbin believes the world revolves around him, and other people's children just get in the way of his self-involvement.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I just watched the moving vlog again and it's so weird how they emphasize wanting a yard...as if there are no places in Portland with yards. LOL! I grew up in Portland on 2 acres! I also don't think of large, grassy lawns when I think of the Inland Empire. That water bill is going to be insane!!

It also seems like it's more of Kelsey's idea than Corbin's - she was WAY more talkative during that vlog than any other recently. I would bet Corbin DOESN'T want to move as much as she does. I'm sure he's in it for the $$$$, but I never get the feeling he and Bryan are really friends - and if he's actually working for Bryan that's not going to last long at all. Corbin's ego won't be able to handle it!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:I just watched the moving vlog again and it's so weird how they emphasize wanting a yard...as if there are no places in Portland with yards. LOL! I grew up in Portland on 2 acres! I also don't think of large, grassy lawns when I think of the Inland Empire. That water bill is going to be insane!!

It also seems like it's more of Kelsey's idea than Corbin's - she was WAY more talkative during that vlog than any other recently. I would bet Corbin DOESN'T want to move as much as she does. I'm sure he's in it for the $$$$, but I never get the feeling he and Bryan are really friends - and if he's actually working for Bryan that's not going to last long at all. Corbin's ego won't be able to handle it!
Hm, now I think you're right about Kelsey pushing for the move. Once they settled in Portland she seemed very unhappy to be stuck in that apartment all winter. She started gaining a lot of weight and it seemed like the focus of their day was online shopping and eating junk food.

She did do most of the talking when they announced their intent to move to California. She loved the first rental house they looked at in CA, while Corbin didn't care for it. They did look at a small two bedroom house in Portland with a yard, but Corbin thought it was in a bad neighborhood and of course they couldn't walk to the food trucks. I still think he's ultimately calling the shots and she's working hard to convince him.
candyapple
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by candyapple »

I'm usually a lurker here but I had to register to say tomorrow's vlog will feature them at the mall. My husband, toddler and I passed by them this afternoon. They were vlogging and we were walking in the opposite direction so I don't really have any juicy gossip but June sure is a cutie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

candyapple wrote:I'm usually a lurker here but I had to register to say tomorrow's vlog will feature them at the mall. My husband, toddler and I passed by them this afternoon. They were vlogging and we were walking in the opposite direction so I don't really have any juicy gossip but June sure is a cutie.
I wonder if they were at the mall to get June's ears pierced??!! :-o

Just curious which mall they were at - was it Lloyd Center or Clackamas Town Center?
candyapple
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by candyapple »

ewokfan11 wrote:
candyapple wrote:I'm usually a lurker here but I had to register to say tomorrow's vlog will feature them at the mall. My husband, toddler and I passed by them this afternoon. They were vlogging and we were walking in the opposite direction so I don't really have any juicy gossip but June sure is a cutie.
I wonder if they were at the mall to get June's ears pierced??!! :-o

Just curious which mall they were at - was it Lloyd Center or Clackamas Town Center?
It was Clackamas! I didn't even think to look at her ears... though that might have bordered on TOO creepy if I peeked in her stroller to take a look. LOL!

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Remember when they wanted to be Portland parents with hip, gender-neutral baby clothes? And now they're literally dressing their four-month-old up in Cinderella and Snow White costumes. lol I know they're doing it in an attempt to create vlog content, but I will never understand what is amusing about dressing a baby up as a Disney princess. They've taken a page out of the Daily Bumps book of weird skits, except Juniper is too young to cooperate. It's times like this where they really treat their baby as a vlog prop and it feels like watching two desperate stage parents trying to make their child perform.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

They really are just trying to get the Daily Bumps audience. I didn't watch the fidget spinner video, because I have absolutely no interest. I have never been interested in fidget spinners, nor what other people do with them. If you own a fidget spinner, I'm not judging you, but I fail to understand why people actually find it interesting to watch other people use fidget spinners in a video. Or cats. Or babies. It's a thing that spins around. It has one function. Same with Orbeez, etc. I think Kelsey and Corbin have abandoned the idea of trying to attract an adult audience at all. As their visit to Corbin's aunt's class indicated, they want elementary schoolers to watch their videos. I've noticed they've also stopped including a lot of daily routines or anything adults would be remotely interested in. No more breastfeeding shots either (not that it's a bad thing to cut out those private moments, but they used to be extremely open about it). Now it's just sanitized, contrived "family-friendly" content meant for kids to watch and want to emulate when they're older.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

They are such shitty vloggers. If they put any effort into it whatsoever, I might feel bad that they can't seem to get a following despite being Daily Bumps protegees. Today's video is a 4 month update, it's 5 minutes long and June is INCREDIBLY fussy and whiny through the whole thing - to the point where you can't even hear what Kelsey is saying at times. Either don't have June in the shot, or wait and film it again when she's less fussy. It's a 5 minute video, you can't tell me for a second that in their whole day of doing absolutely nothing they couldn't have filmed that at a better time.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I used to feel sorry for them.. two stubborn new parents, but with the time and money they've got, they have no excuse. I had three kids by their age, worked full time and owned two houses by then, wtf is the deal?
Are they pot heads stuck in a rut?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

I agree. They put no effort into a 5 minute vlog whatsoever. I find it so strange that almost every single they showed of her was of her and Corbin. I think it's his controlling everything again.
I hate it when they complain about her not sleeping or something. They don't work or really do anything other than go out to eat...they've got plenty of time to rest. They. Stater hurry up and move to calif with the bumps... their views are falling and they can't do a Disney thing every day in Portland

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Juniper is super adorable!
I wonder if Missy is still jealous that that little blue-eyed girl isn't hers lol

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I don't think people get jealous that kids arent theirs.. maybe she wishes she had Corbin, but he's a dweeb like Bryan

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Whoever said they use June as a prop hit the nail on the head!! They're last few weeks of videos have been filled with gimmicks, activities done solely for the blog, and dumb things meant to appeal to little kids. They're trying to poach the DB audience (and not doing a great job looking at their numbers) and all they've done is alienate their original viewers. I can't find a single adult comment discussing anything of worth on their recent videos. Just a bunch about how cute June is, how they should spend more time with DB, and those dumb comment games and kids asking for likes. They're going to drive their channel into the ground with the stuff. It works for DB because the kids can participate. K&C just look dumb pretending like their tiny baby actually cares or enjoys any of the things they are doing. Their little skits are never even well planned out or interesting. Like a whole day of Cinderella dress shopping only to finally put her in it for 5 seconds right before bed.

And another thing, the amount these two eat out seriously impressive. Isn't the area they want to move to more suburban than urban? Their lives literally revolve around going out to eat. It's their only activity a lot of days. Portland seems to have a ton of options (hipster options in particular) but I doubt the new area has that, especially in walking distance. I don't know what they plan to do with their lives when they don't have the option of going to the food trucks and only have a bunch of chain restaurants to choose from. Maybe they'll actually have to cook and find an activity besides eating?? I think they'll just be a different kind of unhappy in California. They'll still be bored and lonely and chained to a life of making videos for pre-teen girls, which no matter which way you slice it, cannot be a fulfilling job.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:I don't think people get jealous that kids arent theirs.. maybe she wishes she had Corbin, but he's a dweeb like Bryan

Yeah, but we're talking about Missy here. She hardly let June out of her grasp when they were visiting. And she was more emotional at June's gender scan than at Finn's gender reveal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

lmmomSD wrote:
onbreak wrote:I don't think people get jealous that kids arent theirs.. maybe she wishes she had Corbin, but he's a dweeb like Bryan

Yeah, but we're talking about Missy here. She hardly let June out of her grasp when they were visiting. And she was more emotional at June's gender scan than at Finn's gender reveal.

Is she her godmother? Do they do that?
I think she encouraged them to get pregnant. They did get views money and sponsored money.
I love babies, I would want to hold a tiny baby too, I would get emotional at a sonogram.. my kid or not.. especially my bffs first baby.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Now that Roman's baby girl is here, June's views - oops, I mean C&K's (LOL) - are just going to get worse. Granted, Roman is in a totally different YT stratosphere, but now June is old news. YT is such a weird competition!!

No, Missy isn't her "godmother," just June's parents' fairy godmother and ATM!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And I am willing to bet that if June had been a boy, Missy wouldn't have cried at her gender scan. One of them even asked if they could trade Finn. They played it off like a joke, but with Missy's gender disappointment, and the way they try to push Finn aside, it wasn't very funny. And I get "getting a baby fix" and June is way cute, but even when Finn was littler, Missy passed him off to whomever was willing to hold him. Normal people don't get jealous over babies, but she's not normal. And June definitely fits her fantasy cute baby girl dreams.

avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Those Harry Potter shirts Kelsey bought were just about $50 each.. Can't wait to see the ridiculous purchases once they move to sunny Southern California and start mooching off the daily bumps

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”