8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Jennthelurker wrote:I watched Olivia's birthdays vlog today and the only kids there were her siblings and cousins.. does that mind poor Olivia has no friends outside of them? Russels birthday at the trampoline parc was essentially for the swap that was happening. most of Rubys kids birthdays actually only include familly too... does that means none of them also have friends? Russel is a pretty social kid even if he is not going to school, he is in different activity where he could make friend. be it baseball or at sunday school in church. and the kind of community these guys live in make it pretty easy for kid to have lot of friends. why would it even be sad for a kid who have lot of cousins to spend his birthdays with them? i dont get it. how many friends should a 6 years old have anyway.

its also getting annoying seeing people diagnosed him with a mental illness.. i thought diagnosing was not allowed on these board.? for people to say ''Ruby have said nothing but the general consensus here is that the kid is autistic'' is extremely dangerous. are we on a gossip or medical forum?
you guys are always saying how mormons are close minded but as soon as a kid doesnt fit your perception of what a 'normal" kid should be like.. he is mentally ill.
Calvin has been diagnosed with different illness too; dont even get me start on the little Olly... now apparently the Hoelleins kids have anxiety and Russel is autistic (at first people were saying he was gonna be gay now that he started playing with cars and the like you had to find another thing that is wrong with him
We know Olivia has other friends because she goes to school and we've heard about how she's off playing with them, same for all the rest of Ruby's kids (minus Eve). The same cannot be said for Russell. It sounded like Bonnie bringing the kids to the trampoline park was a last minute thing so without them, Russell would have had no one besides siblings. The older ones don't seem particularly interested in him and he spends enough time with Eve already. You'd think Ruby could find one little boy his age who Russell enjoys playing with to bring along as a friend. I always had cousins at my birthdays and it was great, but they were along side many friends as well. A 6 year old who is properly socialized should have at least a handful of friends outside of family. Their community does make it easy to find friends, which is why it is surprising that Russell doesn't seem to have any. For this I blame Ruby, not Russell...he has been deprived of opportunities that he desperately needs in my eyes.

I don't remember anyone outright diagnosing Russell with anything here but it has certainly been implied by many (myself included) that something is up, which I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's just sharing an opinion and speculating on a gossip site. Noticing certain habits and commenting on how you find them odd or different isn't against the rules. It's mean and taboo but again, that's why we're on a gossip site and not publicly commenting on their videos. Sure it can be taken too far, but so can a lot of the things discussed on this site. I don't have a clue if Russell has a specific diagnosis of anything or not, but that doesn't change the fact that I find him to be a very peculiar little boy with a lot of odd quirks who has also been stifled by his mother. It is what it is. His behavior is put on display for us everyday to see by his own mother who gets to choose exactly what footage is shown and we are left to form opinions from what we see. For many here, it's hard not to notice that his personality and behaviors deviate farther from "normal" than as say with the rest of his siblings and cousins. Also, I don't think anyone is is making negative/mean comments aimed at Russell (or any other the kids you mentioned)...the comments are typically directed at the parents who appear to make no effort to help better their kids who may be struggling or need a little extra help (which there is nothing wrong with) and often hold them back for selfish reasons.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

Tiger27 wrote: We know Olivia has other friends because she goes to school and we've heard about how she's off playing with them, same for all the rest of Ruby's kids (minus Eve). The same cannot be said for Russell. It sounded like Bonnie bringing the kids to the trampoline park was a last minute thing so without them, Russell would have had no one besides siblings. The older ones don't seem particularly interested in him and he spends enough time with Eve already. You'd think Ruby could find one little boy his age who Russell enjoys playing with to bring along as a friend. I always had cousins at my birthdays and it was great, but they were along side many friends as well. A 6 year old who is properly socialized should have at least a handful of friends outside of family. Their community does make it easy to find friends, which is why it is surprising that Russell doesn't seem to have any. For this I blame Ruby, not Russell...he has been deprived of opportunities that he desperately needs in my eyes.

I don't remember anyone outright diagnosing Russell with anything here but it has certainly been implied by many (myself included) that something is up, which I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's just sharing an opinion and speculating on a gossip site. Noticing certain habits and commenting on how you find them odd or different isn't against the rules. It's mean and taboo but again, that's why we're on a gossip site and not publicly commenting on their videos. Sure it can be taken too far, but so can a lot of the things discussed on this site. I don't have a clue if Russell has a specific diagnosis of anything or not, but that doesn't change the fact that I find him to be a very peculiar little boy with a lot of odd quirks who has also been stifled by his mother. It is what it is. His behavior is put on display for us everyday to see by his own mother who gets to choose exactly what footage is shown and we are left to form opinions from what we see. For many here, it's hard not to notice that his personality and behaviors deviate farther from "normal" than as say with the rest of his siblings and cousins. Also, I don't think anyone is is making negative/mean comments aimed at Russell (or any other the kids you mentioned)...the comments are typically directed at the parents who appear to make no effort to help better their kids who may be struggling or need a little extra help (which there is nothing wrong with) and often hold them back for selfish reasons.
first, thank you for your mature and eloquant answer. lol. thanks God there are still people on here who knows how a discussion board works.

I dont think you need to go to school to have Friends. if Ruby spent her time filming the little kids friends for the vlogs im sure people would be complaining because that would be rude. Russel is not shy when it come to making Friends so i do think he has a healthy amount of them. one example of it is the recent vlog where Kevin was away and Russel facetimed him saying he had his friend over and filmed him, they were in the basement playing video game. (i dont remember the title of the vlog sorry$
but even next year when he will be in school im sure only his siblings or cousins will be at his birthdays because for the mormons only family is important in life :roll:

oh ive definitely seen plenty of comment saying he is autistic. saying a kid has anxiety or is mentally ill because of a personality quirk that you think is anormal is not gossiping or aiming a comment at a parent, its diagnosing a medical condition based on little everyday clips and im sure thats against the rule.
these are the comment i mentioned, straight up diagnosing or naming an illness, not people saying they find him annoying or quirky.

i also find it weird that people get on these Utah vloggers back for putting their kids in a box when it come to what a girl or boy should do yet you guys have a pretty specific definition of what a normal kid is. ive worked with children and 6 years old are all very different. some mature faster than other while some are social or more sensitive. i could see Russel not being affraid to talk in front of an entire class while it may be something Boston would struggle with or even Julie. he may be annoying with his scream laughing every now and then on camera but i think its how some of them act when they get excited and there is a camera in front of them :P
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
its me
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by its me »

Jennthelurker wrote:
Tiger27 wrote: We know Olivia has other friends because she goes to school and we've heard about how she's off playing with them, same for all the rest of Ruby's kids (minus Eve). The same cannot be said for Russell. It sounded like Bonnie bringing the kids to the trampoline park was a last minute thing so without them, Russell would have had no one besides siblings. The older ones don't seem particularly interested in him and he spends enough time with Eve already. You'd think Ruby could find one little boy his age who Russell enjoys playing with to bring along as a friend. I always had cousins at my birthdays and it was great, but they were along side many friends as well. A 6 year old who is properly socialized should have at least a handful of friends outside of family. Their community does make it easy to find friends, which is why it is surprising that Russell doesn't seem to have any. For this I blame Ruby, not Russell...he has been deprived of opportunities that he desperately needs in my eyes.

first, thank you for your mature and eloquant answer. lol. thanks God there are still people on here who knows how a discussion board works.

I dont think you need to go to school to have Friends. if Ruby spent her time filming the little kids friends for the vlogs im sure people would be complaining because that would be rude. Russel is not shy when it come to making Friends so i do think he has a healthy amount of them. one example of it is the recent vlog where Kevin was away and Russel facetimed him saying he had his friend over and filmed him, they were in the basement playing video game. (i dont remember the title of the vlog sorry$
but even next year when he will be in school im sure only his siblings or cousins will be at his birthdays because for the mormons only family is important in life :roll:

oh ive definitely seen plenty of comment saying he is autistic. saying a kid has anxiety or is mentally ill because of a personality quirk that you think is anormal is not gossiping or aiming a comment at a parent, its diagnosing a medical condition based on little everyday clips and im sure thats against the rule.
these are the comment i mentioned, straight up diagnosing or naming an illness, not people saying they find him annoying or quirky.

i also find it weird that people get on these Utah vloggers back for putting their kids in a box when it come to what a girl or boy should do yet you guys have a pretty specific definition of what a normal kid is. ive worked with children and 6 years old are all very different. some mature faster than other while some are social or more sensitive. i could see Russel not being affraid to talk in front of an entire class while it may be something Boston would struggle with or even Julie. he may be annoying with his scream laughing every now and then on camera but i think its how some of them act when they get excited and there is a camera in front of them :P
Everyone here knows how a discussion board works, but you are not here to discuss anything. You are here to argue and defend them. And no, that does not mean that this board is only for negative things. Bonnie's thread is full of praises as well as well as disagreements. Nobody argues when a praise is made. But even your response to the person that gave you her valid point of view, is full of combative arguments.

If that's what you want to do, the channel's comment section is the place for you. Nobody here wants to argue, we are here to chat about our perspectives. Nobody is going to change their minds because you are here to respond to all comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

its me wrote:
Jennthelurker wrote:
Tiger27 wrote: We know Olivia has other friends because she goes to school and we've heard about how she's off playing with them, same for all the rest of Ruby's kids (minus Eve). The same cannot be said for Russell. It sounded like Bonnie bringing the kids to the trampoline park was a last minute thing so without them, Russell would have had no one besides siblings. The older ones don't seem particularly interested in him and he spends enough time with Eve already. You'd think Ruby could find one little boy his age who Russell enjoys playing wih to bring along as a friend. I always had cousins at my birthdays and it was great, but they were along side many friends as well. A 6 year old who is properly socialized should have at least a handful of friends outside of family. Their community does make it easy to find friends, which is why it is surprising that Russell doesn't seem to have any. For this I blame Ruby, not Russell...he has been deprived of opportunities that he desperately needs in my eyes.

Everyone here knows how a discussion board works, but you are not here to discuss anything. You are here to argue and defend them. And no, that does not mean that this board is only for negative things. Bonnie's thread is full of praises as well as well as disagreements. Nobody argues when a praise is made. But even your response to the person that gave you her valid point of view, is full of combative arguments.

If that's what you want to do, the channel's comment section is the place for you. Nobody here wants to argue, we are here to chat about our perspectives. Nobody is going to change their minds because you are here to respond to all comments.

why are you talking for everyone? if thats not what you feel like doing, maybe ignore my comment and people who feel like having a discussion will adress my points? you are not a mod, dont tell me where i should go. if i see people calling Russel autistic in the comment, ill comment there. for now i am here and you will deal 8-)

So just because someone gave me her valid point of view i should find it ok that people are diagnosing kids on these boards and saying Russel doesnt have friends when i dont think its true.? Do you even know what a discussion is? Lol
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I like Russell and wish him only the best. He has quirks that annoy me and I comment on them sometimes, but NEVER on their videos where Ruby could easily see them. I can't help but wonder how he would be if he had different parents.

I pray that he thrives this upcoming school year because it will be hard to watch if he doesn't fit in.
its me
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by its me »

seriously7 wrote:I like Russell and wish him only the best. He has quirks that annoy me and I comment on them sometimes, but NEVER on their videos where Ruby could easily see them. I can't help but wonder how he would be if he had different parents.

I pray that he thrives this upcoming school year because it will be hard to watch if he doesn't fit in.
I hope he outgrows those quirks too. Boston seems to be outgrowing his whining so maybe it's just a stage for these little boys. He's much better than just a few months ago. I think school will do wonders for him.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... a7c765.png[/img] I thought that was a Griffiths rule! Lol

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Ruby threw away plungers since they got new toilets and didn't think she would ever have to use them again???? Huh???
AND
She left said plugged toilet sit until Kevin came home?? And then since they have no plungers. We will take care of it tomorrow.
I can't imagine the smell.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

shortstop wrote:Ruby threw away plungers since they got new toilets and didn't think she would ever have to use them again???? Huh???
AND
She left said plugged toilet sit until Kevin came home?? And then since they have no plungers. We will take care of it tomorrow.
So repulsive! Who throws a plunger away!? With kids especially, you'll always need one!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kjr123 wrote:
shortstop wrote:Ruby threw away plungers since they got new toilets and didn't think she would ever have to use them again???? Huh???
AND
So repulsive! Who throws a plunger away!? With kids especially, you'll always need one!
God, yes. I only have two kids, and they call me "the plunger queen". Even my ex let me deal with clogged toilets because I just have the touch, lol. We're cursed with bad plumbing, but still. I can't imagine throwing away all my plungers with six kids in the house. And she's got enough money to call a plumber if it comes to that. Leaving a plugged toilet for days is just gross. Poor Kevin, coming home to that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

Poor Boston being the "main event"of todays vlog. I feel so bad that these kids lives are put out there for EVERYONE to see. Kids WILL make fun and I'm sure they do already. I would not feel comfortable with my sister filming my kid on the toilet, making a video about him accidentally using a clogged toilet. Then making her husband go clean him up. No. Just too weird for me. These people are beyond what is ok. But we all know that.
Also...why can they not run to Walmart and buy a plunger asap? I'd make my husband go do that while I cleaned up a poopy kid.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

OMG today's vlog was revolting.
I've never understood how people including children get shit everywhere. How does it happen???
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I am trying to imagine what was going through their heads when they were editing the vlog. "Oh good, Boston pooped all over the place, this would be hilarious for the many under 13 year old viewers we have!" Is the only possible thing. What should have instead been the thought:
"Oh no, the toilet is plugged. We will get the plunger which we have on hand because we have a big family and plunge it. We will not draw attention to this in any way. Okay, if the kids giggle about it, fine, but it's kind of a messy and gross thing, so we will definitely NOT record it because we don't want anyone (our own kids, or relatives' kids) to feel embarrassed about it now (or even several years from now) knowing it's been all over the internet for hundreds of thousands of people to see".
Isn't this basic cognitive reasoning skills?
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Okay, I was going to come here talking about how absolutely foul it is to leave a toilet clogged with feces unplunged. But I can't wrap my mind around the fact that Ruby thought their new toilets wouldn't get clogged because they're new. Does she realize how toilets work? A toilet can get clogged whether it was made 10 minutes ago or 10 years ago. I know she's not the brightest but this really shows how much of a fucking moron she is. HOW COULD ANY ADULT THINK THEIR NEW TOILET WOULDN'T GET CLOGGED JUST BECAUSE IT'S NEW?? And then to let the toilet, which now has more shit in it, just sit for ANOTHER day? What vile people.
sostinkincute
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sostinkincute »

Caisflame wrote:Okay, I was going to come here talking about how absolutely foul it is to leave a toilet clogged with feces unplunged. But I can't wrap my mind around the fact that Ruby thought their new toilets wouldn't get clogged because they're new. Does she realize how toilets work? A toilet can get clogged whether it was made 10 minutes ago or 10 years ago. I know she's not the brightest but this really shows how much of a fucking moron she is. HOW COULD ANY ADULT THINK THEIR NEW TOILET WOULDN'T GET CLOGGED JUST BECAUSE IT'S NEW?? And then to let the toilet, which now has more shit in it, just sit for ANOTHER day? What vile people.
YES! And what exactly did she think Kevin was going to do about it.. she clearly didn't expect him to need to use a plunger, so did she think he was going to use his hands? That whole situation was so confusing and disturbing on so many levels. And of course it had to happen to Boston, poor fellow.. you can tell he gets intimidated around Aunt Ruby, so I'm sure getting laughed at (and recorded) made matters worse. I'm not the biggest fan of Kevin, but if I were him I would be livid, not only did his wife throw away the plunger, but she left him a disgusting clogged toilet to deal with after getting home from a long trip. The things these husbands have to put up with are incredible.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

This is not the first time they have left a clogged toliet. I think the first time was about a year or so ago and they left it for nearly 3 days!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crowmtmom78 wrote:This is not the first time they have left a clogged toliet. I think the first time was about a year or so ago and they left it for nearly 3 days! Image Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's disgusting. Call a damn plumber! I can understand if it was hard before because they were broke, but they're not anymore. There is no reason to leave the germy shit-filled toilet like that.
I can't even imagine how it must have smelled. Image Image Image

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

When was the last time we saw Nollie in a vlog?
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

It's summer, so Nollie is now banished outside again. So sad because heat can be just as bad or worse for dogs and the cold weather was the only reason she was let inside in the first place. They do not deserve her. Ruby said somewhere that neighbors were watching all the pets on their vacations. I pray when she dies they do not replace her...but I am sure they will because a puppy is sure to bring in all sorts of views.

And to add to the poop issues...why was it necessary to talk about Abby having diarrhea in the vlog?! I know some people will argue that she brought it up and knew she was talking t the camera but I strongly believe these little kids (even at her age) are not capable of grasping the concept of just how big youtube/the internet is and the foreverness of it. Abby may not have an issue talking to a camera for a video that goes out to all their "friends" but I really just can't imagine any kid would be okay with that if they understood the gravity of airing their private business like that to the entire world and the fact that it will never go away.. I suppose she knew Aunt Ellie did the same thing and thought it was funny so why shouldn't she. Poor girl is sure to be bullied. Her mom should have had the forethought and common sense to leave that part out for her daughter's sake and privacy.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Diarrhea happens but talking about it should be taboo. Abby should have been taught to not discuss it on camera and Ruby should have edited it out.

Return to “8 Passengers”