C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Or maybe Chelsea from Teen Mom? They have a Twitter love fest going.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

askeptichere wrote:
Strawberry26 wrote:Who are these special guests that are going to be there??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Do you think it could be Charles Trippy and his wife? They were tweeting each other last week about them coming to visit, but I don't know any other details. I haven't watched CTFXC since the divorce, so I don't know if there's been any more talk on their end.

Maybe Cullen's sister?
I really hope it's not...It's pretty sad that Charles has become such a hanger-on and is trying to mooch off views from people who started this "career" way after him. He needs to just stop vlogging, honestly. But that's for another forum...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:
Strawberry26 wrote:Who are these special guests that are going to be there??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Do you think it could be Charles Trippy and his wife? They were tweeting each other last week about them coming to visit, but I don't know any other details. I haven't watched CTFXC since the divorce, so I don't know if there's been any more talk on their end.

Maybe Cullen's sister?
I thought maybe Annie and her kids.. or some vlogger, but i'm not sure. I'm still waiting for them to get together with Chelsea and cole from TM. They talk about it on twitter all the time, JUST DO IT GUYS! lol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Or maybe Chelsea from Teen Mom? They have a Twitter love fest going.

I hope! I would be over the moon for this! Chelsea in crew were in Clearwater FL the last time she updated on twitter, so technically they are in their neck of the woods! But from tweets it seems like it's not happening right now, Chels said something about "I wish! we need to plan something soon!" in response to someone asking if they were going to see C&K when she tweeted about a family trip before heading to FL...
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Saw on Katie's IG that that filled Brooks' room with his favorite thing that are balloons? Lol, since when? I believe the last footage we got was him being afraid of one coming towards him. Just weird to see him being afraid of them and then they're his favorite thing.

The beginning of today's vlog I almost cried - so sweet <3

Who could these special guests be???? Hope it's not one of the DBEJ crew...
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Saw on Katie's IG that that filled Brooks' room with his favorite thing that are balloons? Lol, since when? I believe the last footage we got was him being afraid of one coming towards him. Just weird to see him being afraid of them and then they're his favorite thing.

The beginning of today's vlog I almost cried - so sweet <3

Who could these special guests be???? Hope it's not one of the DBEJ crew...
He looked like he was having fun with them though, kids are weird, one day they hate something, 2 hours later thats all they want.. lol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Something struck me as strange in today's vlog. When Katie was talking about Brooks' birthday party, she was comparing it to Gaines' and was talking about how Gaines' was more over the top than Brooks' will be, with decorations and food and such. I thought she was going to say it was bc he's the second child and they just weren't going to go all out like they did with her.. but then she justified it with it being bc he was a boy??????? That boys dont need chicken salad croissants or all the decorations? I know gender roles have been brought up here with them before, but this was one that just struck me as really odd. Like i don't understand why boys can't like chicken salad and birthday decorations? Since when were those things gender specific?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Yeah, I rolled my eyes at her explanation.

You're right about kids not liking something one day and then the next be in love, but it just struck me odd that we haven't seen him with any other balloons to warrant "favorite thing ever!!!11one!!11" since the last footage of him being upset by one :lol:
☆彡
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I found the whole comparison of 1st birthdays odd, too. Cullen does it pretty often, but I was surprised to hear Katie talk about gender stereotypes like that. LOL at chicken salad croissants being for girls. Will they be serving t-bone steaks and dirt cake at Brooks' birthday to make it manly? Maybe an arm wrestling competition.
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

I found the bit about the food odd, like food isn't really something that is associated with a particular gender, especially at parties.

I did sorta get what she meant about the decorations though. We know that (at the moment) with the kids they follow pretty stereotypical things for each gender, so I think she was saying that because Gaines was a girl it was easier to have lots of decorations such as flowers and butterflies etc. because they are 'more feminine' and that Brooks had less because there weren't as many 'boy' themes/decorations and he's too little to go full out with a theme such as soccer
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lurker4Life wrote:I found the bit about the food odd, like food isn't really something that is associated with a particular gender, especially at parties.

I did sorta get what she meant about the decorations though. We know that (at the moment) with the kids they follow pretty stereotypical things for each gender, so I think she was saying that because Gaines was a girl it was easier to have lots of decorations such as flowers and butterflies etc. because they are 'more feminine' and that Brooks had less because there weren't as many 'boy' themes/decorations and he's too little to go full out with a theme such as soccer
Ok yeah, i do get the decorations thing.. you explained that part better than she did. It's true it is kinda "easier" to decorate for a girl party bc it can be a little more fancy. Like flowers every where and what not, "boy parties" seem to be a little more simple. I guess she does have a point there.
The food thing was super weird, but maybe she just didn't explain herself well. Maybe she was thinking the chicken salad sandwichs and things are more like tea party food, where with Brooks they might have more "traditional" party food like pizza or maybe a cookout with hamburgers and hot dogs?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I don't know, if my miracle baby was a boy I'd still throw a large 1st birthday bash because he would be our first baby and we waited so long for him. My baby girl turned 1 last month and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was her theme with pink/gold decorations... and guess what? BBQ for food! :lol: But anyway, if we had a boy, I would have still stuck with Twinkle Twinkle but in blue/white colors and kept everything the same like a Polaroid photo guest book, prints, etc. If Brooks was their first baby, they'd throw a big party too. I think it's just the subsequent child mind set.

I don't think their family is very gender neutral, they're all about the frilly girl things and masculine-ish boyish things... although the bubble outfits are questionable. ;)
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:I don't know, if my miracle baby was a boy I'd still throw a large 1st birthday bash because he would be our first baby and we waited so long for him. My baby girl turned 1 last month and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was her theme with pink/gold decorations... and guess what? BBQ for food! :lol: But anyway, if we had a boy, I would have still stuck with Twinkle Twinkle but in blue/white colors and kept everything the same like a Polaroid photo guest book, prints, etc. If Brooks was their first baby, they'd throw a big party too. I think it's just the subsequent child mind set.

I don't think their family is very gender neutral, they're all about the frilly girl things and masculine-ish boyish things... although the bubble outfits are questionable. ;)
Bubbles are totally a "boy" thing in the south though. Very traditional boy outfits with the knee socks and all. Might look a little girly but that is all boy..
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Oh I know, definitely a southern thing (bubble outfits, smocks, etc) but looks feminine to me!
☆彡
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Playsinrain wrote:
Lurker4Life wrote:I found the bit about the food odd, like food isn't really something that is associated with a particular gender, especially at parties.

Ok yeah, i do get the decorations thing.. you explained that part better than she did. It's true it is kinda "easier" to decorate for a girl party bc it can be a little more fancy. Like flowers every where and what not, "boy parties" seem to be a little more simple. I guess she does have a point there.
The food thing was super weird, but maybe she just didn't explain herself well. Maybe she was thinking the chicken salad sandwichs and things are more like tea party food, where with Brooks they might have more "traditional" party food like pizza or maybe a cookout with hamburgers and hot dogs?
That's what I was thinking, maybe Katie was going for a high tea sorta vibe with Gaines first party food and that's why she doesn't think the same stuff will work. I can see the C & K talking and subconsciously thinking that Brooks' party is smaller, yet when we see it it Will be all out.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I was thinking maybe Bryan and Missy were the special guests, but fingers crossed they are not. I hate the whole surprises about everything vloggers do. It's so cheesy.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:I don't know, if my miracle baby was a boy I'd still throw a large 1st birthday bash because he would be our first baby and we waited so long for him. My baby girl turned 1 last month and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was her theme with pink/gold decorations... and guess what? BBQ for food! :lol: But anyway, if we had a boy, I would have still stuck with Twinkle Twinkle but in blue/white colors and kept everything the same like a Polaroid photo guest book, prints, etc. If Brooks was their first baby, they'd throw a big party too. I think it's just the subsequent child mind set.

Bubbles are totally a "boy" thing in the south though. Very traditional boy outfits with the knee socks and all. Might look a little girly but that is all boy..
Those bubbles are new to me. I live in the south and have yet to see a baby in an outfit like that. Maybe because I'm in the middle class not rich like Katie's family? My grandfather on the other hand was wearing one in his baby photo from 1926.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

workfromhomemom wrote:I was thinking maybe Bryan and Missy were the special guests, but fingers crossed they are not. I hate the whole surprises about everything vloggers do. It's so cheesy.
Bryan was saying something about hoping to see Brooks soon when they were at D23. I just figured it was to get the minions riled up.
I dislike the whole "tune in to see the big surprise!" stuff myself. If I want to watch your family, I'll watch the vlogs anyway. Don't need the big surprise reveal.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Those bubbles are new to me. I live in the south and have yet to see a baby in an outfit like that. Maybe because I'm in the middle class not rich like Katie's family? My grandfather on the other hand was wearing one in his baby photo from 1926.

My former SIL is from LA. Both my nephews wore those bubbles and outfits with huge Peter Pan collars.

tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

lmmomSD wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I was thinking maybe Bryan and Missy were the special guests, but fingers crossed they are not. I hate the whole surprises about everything vloggers do. It's so cheesy.
Bryan was saying something about hoping to see Brooks soon when they were at D23. I just figured it was to get the minions riled up.
I dislike the whole "tune in to see the big surprise!" stuff myself. If I want to watch your family, I'll watch the vlogs anyway. Don't need the big surprise reveal.

The thing that bothers me about "surprise guest" is that we always find out on social media or the day before when those "special guest" are shown on their vlog packing if they are vloggers. So what's the point ?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”