C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Baconsgirl

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Playsinrain wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote: Don't mean to be a stick in the mud but they were Mickey waffles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well see there you go.. Mickey is a boy.. I don't see an issue. They bought him a Mickey doll and a hat, so i don't think they have issues with Mickey being too "girly". And let MG eat Mickey waffles.. Who knows why they got spiderman one's too, i just don't see the big deal with it, Could have been a million reasons. I can totally see MG saying " and get the spiderman ones for brooks!!"
Yeah I think they just got two characters by coincidence, so each kid has there own box of waffles.

jenboghel01
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

I feel like Cullen was the type to join cheerleading to look at the girls haha not just be active..

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Yeah probably lol although he was also a diver so he must have been somewhat athletic?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I really want to know just how many of the people that like to point out gender roles actually have boys with pink shirts, dolls or other "girl" things.... or daughters with trucks, superhero toys, tools, etc. When kids are Brookes age they don't necessarily have too many interests yet so I think it's just fine to introduce them to Spider-Man, Mickey or Cars... things that are common interests to little boys. There is nothing wrong with boys liking dolls, but it isn't the most common interest, so it would be silly to push it on them just to be "gender neutral."

I've pointed this out on other boards before when this discussion has come up, but as the mother of a 10 year old boy who is a competitive dancer who currently has magenta hair and loves musicals, I can tell you just how hard it is to let your child be who they are. I didn't put my son in pink at a young age or lead him in the direction of loving dance... he led us here through his developing interests. It's about getting to know your child and being open and accepting of who they are.... not forcing the other gender roles on them to try and prove how open you are! I have no doubt that C&K will let their kids be who they want and follow their own interests eventually. Right now Brookes is 1! His creativity isn't being stifled . Like someone else said, they were Mickey waffles, and we have no reason to believe that MG doesn't like Spider-Man herself. That in and of itself is an gender assumption.

For all we know, there were two kinds bought because it was product placement.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I really want to know just how many of the people that like to point out gender roles actually have boys with pink shirts, dolls or other "girl" things.... or daughters with trucks, superhero toys, tools, etc. When kids are Brookes age they don't necessarily have too many interests yet so I think it's just fine to introduce them to Spider-Man, Mickey or Cars... things that are common interests to little boys. There is nothing wrong with boys liking dolls, but it isn't the most common interest, so it would be silly to push it on them just to be "gender neutral."

I've pointed this out on other boards before when this discussion has come up, but as the mother of a 10 year old boy who is a competitive dancer who currently has magenta hair and loves musicals, I can tell you just how hard it is to let your child be who they are. I didn't put my son in pink at a young age or lead him in the direction of loving dance... he led us here through his developing interests. It's about getting to know your child and being open and accepting of who they are.... not forcing the other gender roles on them to try and prove how open you are! I have no doubt that C&K will let their kids be who they want and follow their own interests eventually. Right now Brookes is 1! His creativity isn't being stifled . Like someone else said, they were Mickey waffles, and we have no reason to believe that MG doesn't like Spider-Man herself. That in and of itself is an gender assumption.

I was just going to say something similar. Kids will decide what they do and don't like as they grow up, no matter how much their parents push them into or away from something. Personally, I have a feeling they picked Mickey Mouse because that's what Gaines is into right now, and they just thought the Spider-Man ones looked cool. Heck I might be persuaded to buy the Spider-Man waffles because I thought they looked cool too lol.

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:The gender stereotypes are real. Brooks gets a separate box of Spider-Man waffles and Gaines gets a box of Minnie waffles. I can imagine this getting more prominent as the kids get older.

Actually, the Spider-Man waffles are mixed berry flavored and the Mickey Mouse waffles are plain. Gaines may not like the mixed berry flavor, my kids don't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

crowmtmom78 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:The gender stereotypes are real. Brooks gets a separate box of Spider-Man waffles and Gaines gets a box of Minnie waffles. I can imagine this getting more prominent as the kids get older.

Actually, the Spider-Man waffles are mixed berry flavored and the Mickey Mouse waffles are plain. Gaines may not like the mixed berry flavor, my kids don't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
This is a very good point.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Baconsgirl wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... f26188.png[/img] Don't mean to be a stick in the mud but they were Mickey waffles.

Probably a product placement.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
cottonblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cottonblossom »

Did anyone else notice that they didn't do a one year montage for Brooks like they did with Gaines when she turned one? Or maybe they are going to make one closer to whenever his party is?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:And i know you were just using it as an example ImMom but soccer isn't what i would call a "boy" sport... My daughter has played since she was 5 and most years our team is more girls than boys. I feel like soccer and basketball are pretty gender neutral. Where as here, until a year ago girls were not even allowed to sign up for football.
Plus Cullen was a cheerleader... sooooo.....
I guess little things characters, clothing and colors don't really bother me when it comes to stereotypes, (like someone buying spiderman for a boy or minnie for a girl) especially when the kid is not old enough to have an opinion on either. Now if they continue to push things like that and deny the kids bc it doesn't fit stereotypes then i will get a little upset. It's just not to that point with me yet.
I know a lot of people see soccer and baseball as gender neutral. It was just an example, like you said. Not sure if C&K see them as gender neutral. I guess time will tell!
I know Cullen was a cheerleader. I just think that especially Brooks is going to feel pressure to be a certain way. Cullen will likely joke about it, but even jokes can be hurtful when they are coming from the person who is supposed to love and accept you no matter what. I sincerely hope that I am wrong. And Cullen may have been joking about Brooks" hair, but Katie sure fixed it the way Cullen wanted it. Many barbs are hidden in jokes. Who was it that said "many a true word was spoken in jest"?
And unfortunately, even if Cullen had problems with his dad because of those kinds of comments and "jokes", or maybe because of it, it will be hard for him not to be that way with Brooks. That's what he was taught. He'll have to be very conscious of how he says things not to repeat the cycle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I really want to know just how many of the people that like to point out gender roles actually have boys with pink shirts, dolls or other "girl" things.... or daughters with trucks, superhero toys, tools, etc. When kids are Brookes age they don't necessarily have too many interests yet so I think it's just fine to introduce them to Spider-Man, Mickey or Cars... things that are common interests to little boys. There is nothing wrong with boys liking dolls, but it isn't the most common interest, so it would be silly to push it on them just to be "gender neutral."

My daughter had a tool set when she was little. She used to like pink, but doesn't anymore. When she was a baby, I had little fantasies of taking her to dance class, and going to the Nutcracker with her. She hates ballet. She loves basketball, mostly playing it. So I gave up my expectations, and go to all her games and cheer my lungs out. Her happiness is what matters. If my son wanted magenta hair, I would be supportive. His dad wouldn't. His dad is homophobic, and would think it meant he was gay, and that would be just awful as far as he's concerned. My son did have Thomas the tank engine toys, but it was because he loved them. Qe didn't push particular toys on them just to be gender neutral. That's just as bad as only letting girls play with dolls or boys play with cars. I have two gay nephews, which isn't the same thing at all, but still, everyone in my family is supportive of them.
I don't think we have to be insane over the gender stereotypes. Just being aware of them and how they affect people is what matters. I do think it's a little important with the vloggers, because so many children watch them. I mostly find it interesting to discuss it, especially because people here are from different areas and different countries. I know living in Southern California, we're spoiled by the acceptance of different ways of being.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Ugh, saw Missy's IG story and shows they woke up early to get on a plane. Dun dun dun.... to Alabama I suppose? :|
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Hmm I really didn't think they'd come, I hope not. I feel like C&K would be hyping up a huge-super-surprise-special-guests more if they were, but we'll see.
Baconsgirl

japaluvr wrote:Ugh, saw Missy's IG story and shows they woke up early to get on a plane. Dun dun dun.... to Alabama I suppose? :|
Gaine's parties haven't had youtubers so I hope they don't involve youtubers for Brooks.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Baconsgirl wrote:
japaluvr wrote:Ugh, saw Missy's IG story and shows they woke up early to get on a plane. Dun dun dun.... to Alabama I suppose? :|
Gaine's parties haven't had youtubers so I hope they don't involve youtubers for Brooks.
There's a first for everything, lol. I don't watch the DBs but I believe someone mentioned that Bryan was saying something about coming to visit them soon... and I just checked their thread and people are assuming for Brooks party too. Hope I'm wrong but I have a strong feeling it's them. :\
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

If they're coming, that's awful. Gotta get those views-- pay for the work on the new house!
Gag.

Baconsgirl

It is commonly mentioned on the DB thread that Finn isn't the golden child and not the favorite. I find that to be true. However I was wondering if y'all felt that Cullen and Katie treated Brooks differently. IMO they treat both children with the same amount of attention and love.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I've never seen any sort of favoritism between Brooks and Gaines. They do a pretty good job at dividing their time. I like that they spent a couple days one on one with Brooks for his birthday, after taking Gaines to Disney without him. He doesn't notice or care right now, but it's a good habit to start now, so when they are both older they get that much needed one on one time equally,
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

The bums are there[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... b62688.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

^Dang it, it will be interesting to see the differences between Ollie (almost 4) and Gaines and I'll admit that it will be cute to see Finn and Brooks together.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”