ThisGatheredNest

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ThisGatheredNest

Unread post by Caisflame »

Seems like some people here are forgetting that pregnancy is pretty damn hard on some women, especially a TWIN pregnancy. Lay off. And before you go saying "oh I had a twin/triplet/quadruplet/sextuplet pregnancy and it wasn't THAT bad/I never complained", remember all pregnancies are different. I get that this is a gossip board but it's the saaaaame bitching about how much she complains all the time. It's really old at this point.
CallieT
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CallieT »

I doubt she's forcing CR to do anything either, he just seems like a very supportive husband who is stepping up to the plate.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

CallieT wrote:I doubt she's forcing CR to do anything either, he just seems like a very supportive husband who is stepping up to the plate.
This. They are his kids too. I am sure they discussed the fact when they did the embryo adoption that even with a singleton pregnancy (since she does get really sick) he would have to do more. It isnt like she accidentally got pregnant or got pregnant without him knowing... Also, they seem to opnly be vlogging on weekends and he works during the week so she probably uses the weekends to rest while she can.
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

I just really love her personality. She's just so straightforward and doesn't sugar coat anything. It just makes her super relatable I guess. Her sister is like that too. I watch a lot of youtube moms and I feel like they're probably so different in person but I don't feel that way with Angela. What you see is what you get. If you ran into her on the street, I don't think she'd be much different than we see in videos which is refreshing. I feel like watching her with the babies is going to be so great. She is going to tell it like it is.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

^That's exactly why I love her too. I get that she can come across as complain-y to some people, but it never bothers me personally. And usually if she is complaining, it's about her physical symptoms (which especially in her pregnancy, of course she's going to talk about it). I hardly ever hear her complain about having to manage 5 kids, or much else.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Caisflame wrote:Seems like some people here are forgetting that pregnancy is pretty damn hard on some women, especially a TWIN pregnancy. Lay off. And before you go saying "oh I had a twin/triplet/quadruplet/sextuplet pregnancy and it wasn't THAT bad/I never complained", remember all pregnancies are different. I get that this is a gossip board but it's the saaaaame bitching about how much she complains all the time. It's really old at this point.
I'm tired of this kind of attitude. Don't like it DONT READ. It's that simple. I obviously have a difference of opinion and see things differently. Lay off? I'm not calling her a bitch or a bad mom. I never said I hate her or she's doing a bad job at being there for the other kids. I just don't like her current "look at me look at me" attitude. If you haven't noticed "it's the saaaaame bitching" on every single thread on this site. Relax. It's just my OPINION. I'm not telling anyone here they're wrong. Just my point of view.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Caisflame wrote:Seems like some people here are forgetting that pregnancy is pretty damn hard on some women, especially a TWIN pregnancy. Lay off. And before you go saying "oh I had a twin/triplet/quadruplet/sextuplet pregnancy and it wasn't THAT bad/I never complained", remember all pregnancies are different. I get that this is a gossip board but it's the saaaaame bitching about how much she complains all the time. It's really old at this point.
Yeah I agree with this, it's really annoying. Just my opinion.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Wow. It's ok if we disagree! But remember this isn't the comment section of YouTube! It's not going to always be positive. I just feel like something is different with her. I can't put my finger on it. For me, its more than the complaining. Her personality has changed. I think CR was a good father before she got pregnant. He reminds me a lot of my husband. I just can't believe she chose to get pregnant knowing how hard it was before. I know someone who had hyperemisis. You couldn't pay her to get pregnant again!
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

iheartyt wrote:Wow. It's ok if we disagree! But remember this isn't the comment section of YouTube! It's not going to always be positive. I just feel like something is different with her. I can't put my finger on it. For me, its more than the complaining. Her personality has changed. I think CR was a good father before she got pregnant. He reminds me a lot of my husband. I just can't believe she chose to get pregnant knowing how hard it was before. I know someone who had hyperemisis. You couldn't pay her to get pregnant again!
I have a few thoughts. I think she might have "forgotten" how bad she felt with her last pregnancies since its been several years. She probably looked back on it and thought oh I can handle that again. And the hyperemisis is made much worse in a twin pregnancy because of the additional hormones. She mentioned she was really shocked that both embryos stuck so she may not have even anticipated it being any worse. Which, honestly, it is so stupid that she was surprised that both embryos stuck when they implanted two. And its not like she has a history of miscarriages, she was struggling to get pregnant. She hasn't struggled to stay pregnant. Many doctors discourage couples from implanting two embryos unless they're sure they are okay with twins since many times both do stick. But whatever. I think the other thing is that she is really frustrated. I believe she wants the babies. But she's a very hands on mom. I believe she enjoys homeschooling her girls and spending time and doing things with the family. And I think she's just frustrated that she can't do a lot of what she wants to do because she's either sick, tired, or in pain. I think that's what everyone is sensing. It is kind of like she is in a perpetual bad mood. I don't fault her for that too much though because I still think she really is doing the best she can. I think she just didn't anticipate any of this. Her last pregnancy, she only had one other child and the hyperemisis wasn't so bad once she got into the second trimester. But this one is totally different. She has tons of kids. It is a twin pregnancy. And she's remained sick pretty much the entire time.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

That makes sense, literallywhat. I hope things are better for her soon!
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ugh double post sorry
Last edited by luci417 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

To be honest, my only real complaint about Angie is that this pregnancy has seemed like kind of a bad move from the start. She was always pretty realistic (but not complainey!) about the realities of adoption, integrating adopted kids of various situations into the family, domestic adoption, special needs parenting, parenting a big family, etc. and I loved that. But they had their hands MORE than full with the existing 5 kids and I don't really understand why they decided to add 2 more to the mix (which they must have known was a risk). Maybe it is just because Angie's been so sick but they both seem to overwhelmed now and I still don't really understand their reasoning for getting pregnant again. I know yt families love to glamourise big families but honestly there is a point at which you have too many kids to be the best parent you can be to all of them, and in my experience most people hit that number at about 6. I feel like they didn't think AT ALL about how 2 newborns would fit into their lives and now they're realizing it. I don't see how she's going to homeschool 3 kids at different grade levels this year while juggling 2 newborns. I really hope everything works out and I'm rooting for them but it seems a little unrealistic.

ETA: I say this as a (fairly recent) twin mom that having multiples really is a totally different ball game from a regular singleton birth/newborn. Logistically it is a serious nightmare and I only have 1 other kid to deal with. I had no idea one of the babies wasn't doing so well, my thoughts are with them and I hope the twins arrive healthy and safe!
Rihanna
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I agree. I hesitate to say it because I dont want it emplied that I think that embryo adoptions in general are bad ideas, I think it is a wonderful idea because I know for myself, if I could not get pregnant or sustain a pregnancy I would be heartbroken at not being able to carry and birth my own child more than I would be heartbroken at my child not being mine biologically. However, I dont understand why they chose to do an embryo adoption in their situation. For one, she had already been pregnant twice and spoke pretty poorly of the experience and they had adopted 3 children.. why not adopt again? Thy could adopt infants, they could do an adoption where they met the birth mother and were there throughout the pregnancy... So many options. If they were really trying for aslong as they said they were they have been trying since before they adopted Rosie. 7 kids is ALOT...
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

From what I understand, the embryo adoption is considerably cheaper than a traditional adoption. But still...thats a lot to go through.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

CallieT wrote:
Blackswan wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:I am scared for her and the babies too. I hope things turn out okay and she has two healthy baby girls. At one point she mentioned down syndrome could be a possibility with the enlarged ventricles but I have to wonder if she was withholding other possible diagnoses because it could actually be something much "worse". I worked in a pediatric hospital unit and the range of genetic and chromosomal issues many of these kids had was astounding. It was so hard on the families and the poor kiddos. I really hope this is not the case for them...they already have their hands so full.
I can only imagine from what I went through. I just had my baby 3 months ago and he had a 1:50 chance of Down syndrome. When he was born they rushed him away to check him. I didn't get to hold him right away because if he did have it they didn't want me to see it right away? I guess they wanted to break the news to me in a calmer way? Idk. Point is that was a scary moment for us. I can only imagine what people go through who are told their baby has Down syndrome at birth.
Since Angie is already a Down syndrome mama, I bet she would handle it pretty well.

I have no doubt she would handle a child with down syndrome beautifully, as we have seen her do that with Rosie. But a lot of people forget or aren't aware of some of the very real, life-threatening medical problems associated with Down syndrome. Many children are born with heart defects and feeding difficulties and they are at a higher risk for cancer and other health issues. I went to school with a girl with down syndrome who spent the first 5 months of her life in the hospital due to heart issues and later developed leukemia (her and her mom gave a talk about perseverance). There is also a wide range of cognitive abilities with down syndrome, some being very high functioning, and others not. While I agree she would probably handle it well, that doesn't change the fact that it is still a very scary diagnosis with a lot of unknowns. Down syndrome (or any type of special or medical needs) could be a huge drain on the family, both financially and time wise. That's worrisome with such a big family that already has kids with special needs. I am hoping for two healthy babies with as minimal issues as possible.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

PERFECTLY put, Tiger. I agree 100%. There is a whole side to down syndrome that I don't think many people are aware of.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Caisflame wrote:PERFECTLY put, Tiger. I agree 100%. There is a whole side to down syndrome that I don't think many people are aware of.
Oh yes, I agree too! I didn't mean to imply Down Syndrome was nothing to worry about. In fact, it would probably be even more difficult for her considering she'll have 7 kids.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

luci417 wrote:To be honest, my only real complaint about Angie is that this pregnancy has seemed like kind of a bad move from the start. She was always pretty realistic (but not complainey!) about the realities of adoption, integrating adopted kids of various situations into the family, domestic adoption, special needs parenting, parenting a big family, etc. and I loved that. But they had their hands MORE than full with the existing 5 kids and I don't really understand why they decided to add 2 more to the mix (which they must have known was a risk). Maybe it is just because Angie's been so sick but they both seem to overwhelmed now and I still don't really understand their reasoning for getting pregnant again. I know yt families love to glamourise big families but honestly there is a point at which you have too many kids to be the best parent you can be to all of them, and in my experience most people hit that number at about 6. I feel like they didn't think AT ALL about how 2 newborns would fit into their lives and now they're realizing it. I don't see how she's going to homeschool 3 kids at different grade levels this year while juggling 2 newborns. I really hope everything works out and I'm rooting for them but it seems a little unrealistic.

ETA: I say this as a (fairly recent) twin mom that having multiples really is a totally different ball game from a regular singleton birth/newborn. Logistically it is a serious nightmare and I only have 1 other kid to deal with. I had no idea one of the babies wasn't doing so well, my thoughts are with them and I hope the twins arrive healthy and safe!
Maybe she got caught up in the YouTube mommy community and wanted a YouTube baby.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Blackswan wrote: Maybe she got caught up in the YouTube mommy community and wanted a YouTube baby.
Her sister (JoyfulChaos) had a little girl, Hazel, I think around nine months ago. Angie seemed totally in love with her and started talking about newborns and dropping hints about ttc pretty much immediately after she was born. I think her sister's baby made her super broody to have another little girl of her own but that's obviously not a good enough reason for anyone to have a kid, let alone a woman with five already, one of whom has Down's and another with a learning disability (it's one of the boys, I think Noah?). Their reasoning seems flighty at best and stupid at worst to me.
Rihanna
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

luci417 wrote:
Blackswan wrote: Maybe she got caught up in the YouTube mommy community and wanted a YouTube baby.
Her sister (JoyfulChaos) had a little girl, Hazel, I think around nine months ago. Angie seemed totally in love with her and started talking about newborns and dropping hints about ttc pretty much immediately after she was born. I think her sister's baby made her super broody to have another little girl of her own but that's obviously not a good enough reason for anyone to have a kid, let alone a woman with five already, one of whom has Down's and another with a learning disability (it's one of the boys, I think Noah?). Their reasoning seems flighty at best and stupid at worst to me.
So she made it about HERSELF when it was her sisters time...

Return to “Q-Z”