C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Baconsgirl

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Strawberry26 wrote:The bums are there[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... b62688.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Excuse me while I go scream. They better help (bumps) lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Madsmom110
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk[/quote] Excuse me while I go scream. They better help (bumps) lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I don't understand why Katie would do this to herself. Catering to the bumps and getting a party together? No, thank you! I can't lie, I'm dying to see Prissy Missy's reaction to their place. It's way too traditional for her taste.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

thenightowl wrote:^Dang it, it will be interesting to see the differences between Ollie (almost 4) and Gaines and I'll admit that it will be cute to see Finn and Brooks together.
When they were together last week, at D23, it was interesting because they didn't show Gaines and Ollie really interacting. Bryan showed them running around, and meeting Mickey and Pluto, with music over it. I am sure they know she's way more advanced verbally than Ollie and try to hide it. Finn and Gaines were adorable together. When Cullen and Katie were leaving, Bryan told Ollie to hug Gaines, and she pushed him away, but willingly hugged Finn. Katie made some excuse, like "She's just hot and tired. She wanted to hug Ollie, really". Sure, Jan.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Baconsgirl wrote:It is commonly mentioned on the DB thread that Finn isn't the golden child and not the favorite. I find that to be true. However I was wondering if y'all felt that Cullen and Katie treated Brooks differently. IMO they treat both children with the same amount of attention and love.

Well, Brooks is a second kid, so he can't possibly get 1-1.5 yrs of undivided attention the way Gaines did before he was born... But knowing that, I think C&K do a decent job of acknowledging him as a person, as opposed to the way the DB treat Finn (or Ellie, Jackson). They don't have the best time-management skills, but I don't see any of the narcissistic tendencies involved in crowning one kid the GC and ignoring the other.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Lol, I unfortunately knew this. And Ollie gave Gaines a sword, wtf.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

japaluvr wrote:Lol, I unfortunately knew this. And Ollie gave Gaines a sword, wtf.
Of course he did. They expect the kids to play together, and Gaines doesn't have a sword. And that's the only way Ollie knows how to play.
For the record,, I must say he's like this because of his idiot parents. For future reference, whenever I cast aspersions on Ollie's behavior, please assume that I don't blame him-- not at all. The blame rests solely with Bryan and Missy.

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Ugh...they had to invite the Lumps. Hopefully Bryan takes it down a few notches and Cullen doesn't act like how he usually does around Bryan. For the life of me I will never get this friendship. I hope Finn has a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing the little guy since I don't watch the Lumps.
who cares
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by who cares »

Just saw the thumbnail for todays vlog....Excuse my language but.....Oh Fu*k No!!!!!!!!!!! Don't even know if I want to watch it now.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just saw the title and know that I don't want to watch. How is it a "super surprise" when they have been hinting at it for days and posted a picture of Ollie and Gaines together last night?
I'm bummed. I hardly even want to watch the party vlog tomorrow.

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

They should of used Brooks in the thumbnail instead of Gaines cos it's his birthday party they are attending.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

The blog wasn't too annoying. Even with the lumps there. I really need to get out in my yard and donthe same thing Cullen was doing. But it's just so effin hot, heat index yesterday was 109 here. It's a miserable time of year to be outside. Lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:The blog wasn't too annoying. Even with the lumps there. I really need to get out in my yard and donthe same thing Cullen was doing. But it's just so effin hot, heat index yesterday was 109 here. It's a miserable time of year to be outside. Lol
Ugh. I don't envy you that! Cue lots of whining from Bryan and Missy about the heat.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

God, all the comments are "Oh, it's so great to see you and the Lannings together again!" "Ollie and Gaines are sooooo cute!" Gag me. And of course they put Ollie and Gaines in the thumbnail on Brooks' first birthday. Gotta get those views! It just seems like it takes the attention away from Brooks' first birthday. How do you think he'll feel when he sees the thumbnail years down the line? What if they're not even friends with the Lumps anymore? Then it'll be "who is this kid, and why is he in the thumbnail in MY first birthday?"
Maybe I am nit picking, but it just doesn't seem right.
And making jokes about Dick's Sporting Goods? Yep, he's descending to Bryan's level.

abbytalks12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by abbytalks12 »

Can we talk about how cute it was though when Finn reached to hug Brooks immediately? Such a sweet kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

He really is the sweetest thing. I don't understand why his parents don't see that.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I know a lot of people in the DB thread talk about Ollie over reacting to things, but it was impressive that he just got up and didn't cry when he fell headfirst onto the driveway off the bouncey slide. It had to have hurt.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

It's just sad to me that they strategically put Oliver, Gaines, and the heart eyes emoji in their thumbnail to try and latch on to DB's viewers, especially when the vlog is supposed to be about Brooks. But tell me more about how disgusted and annoyed Katie must get when Bryan makes those shipping jokes, and how they could never actually enjoy the Lanning's company.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And Cullen makes the jokes too. I was beginning to think I was the only one disgusted by them using Ollie and Gaines in the thumbnail with the heart eye emoji. Especially when the last time we saw Ollie and Gaines together, she pushed him away.
Gag me. They're children, ffs. And the minions are eating it up.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:But buying separate waffles for a one year old and a two and a half year old just to fit gender stereotypes is pretty ridiculous. I worry about what is going to happen if Brooks is a bookworm and doesn't care about sports. And they have Gaines enrolled in gymnastics and music, which are more "girly". Do you all think that if she wants to play soccer they will encourage it? Or try to channel her into cheer and gymnastics? Honestly curious about others' opinions on this, because I am unsure.

I think they just got two types of waffles for the sake of variety. Brooks doesn't give a toss about Spider Man. I actually think they'd love it if Brooks was into books. He is primarily into tossing things now, lol, doesn't even have to be a ball and it's outta here! He is so very different from his sister that is surprises me. MG's first impulse was to think and then respond, where as Brooks reacts with an outburst of crying. I think music and gymnastics is pretty much gender neutral. I imagine they will put Brooks in those same classes. The test will be when it us time to sign up for T ball. Do they have T ball for girls? I put my son in figure skating because I took lessons when I was young and still had my skates, though I put red boot covers on them because white is for girls. Cullen took gymnastics and it came in handy when he went into diving and cheerleading.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

askeptichere wrote:Were Brooks to not follow gender norms, based on Cullen's sense of humor, I can totally see him making offhanded remarks about needing to man-up or trying to joke with Brooks about things, and Brooks pretending to laugh along with him, but actually feel hurt. Or Brooks pretending to like typical boy things in order to get those "that's my boy!" comments from Cullen that we've already heard so often towards infant Brooks.

While I don't focus on everything Cullen says all the time, I do remember him claiming to be a "mama's boy" and his dad had a hard time with it. And though he didn't say his father wanted or encouraged him to butch up, he did intimate that. When I see Cullen, I see a man comfortable with his masculine and feminine sides. Brooks is about the luckiest little boy I can think of in that he will be loved and cared for no matter what.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”