C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:I just saw the title and know that I don't want to watch. How is it a "super surprise" when they have been hinting at it for days and posted a picture of Ollie and Gaines together last night?
I'm bummed. I hardly even want to watch the party vlog tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I feel ya, I hardly want to watch either. Of course, I will watch, but with a skeptic's eye. I'm telling myself they felt obligated to invite DB guessing that they told C&K about D23. The DB should've regretfully declined due to other plans. How can you have special guests when the party is suppose to be all about the birthday boy? I had to turn off notifications from Grand Berry today, boy she fusses over Bryan! I couldn't help but notice that Ollie and Finn are wearing matching outfits again--why?! Finn sure has changed a lot since he was a baby. He was cute back then with great big eyes. I'll never forget how Ollie growled and screamed at Finn when they brought him home from the hospital. I watched Brooks' birth vlogs and how MG treated her new baby brother. Smh, they couldn't be more different. (I also remember Ollie sticking his finger in Finn's eye, Parents of The Year didn't do a damn thing about it!)
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Playsinrain wrote:The blog wasn't too annoying. Even with the lumps there. I really need to get out in my yard and donthe same thing Cullen was doing. But it's just so effin hot, heat index yesterday was 109 here. It's a miserable time of year to be outside. Lol
109! Are you in a heat wave or is it regular weather for you? You're in Georgia, right? Am I correct in thinking that your weather is similar to C&K? Last week when C&K were at Disneyland, they mentioned that it was hot and I could see they did get a bit burned. The sun is strong here without a cloud cover, it feels punitive and I avoid it like the plauge. But in the shade it was mid 80's. Hire a tree trimmer or leave it until the season changes. I don't believe humans were meant to be out is such heat. Last year our hottest day in Anaheim was 108, I bet it will be 109 or 110 this year. Smh
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

WhatSheSaid wrote:I couldn't help but notice that Ollie and Finn are wearing matching outfits again--why?
It's simple: BRAND DEAL. The company, https://ragstoraches.com/, is working with lots of YTers lately. Including Carlie Butler, Steps to Wander, etc.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:But buying separate waffles for a one year old and a two and a half year old just to fit gender stereotypes is pretty ridiculous. I worry about what is going to happen if Brooks is a bookworm and doesn't care about sports. And they have Gaines enrolled in gymnastics and music, which are more "girly". Do you all think that if she wants to play soccer they will encourage it? Or try to channel her into cheer and gymnastics? Honestly curious about others' opinions on this, because I am unsure.

I think they just got two types of waffles for the sake of variety. Brooks doesn't give a toss about Spider Man. I actually think they'd love it if Brooks was into books. He is primarily into tossing things now, lol, doesn't even have to be a ball and it's outta here! He is so very different from his sister that is surprises me. MG's first impulse was to think and then respond, where as Brooks reacts with an outburst of crying. I think music and gymnastics is pretty much gender neutral. I imagine they will put Brooks in those same classes. The test will be when it us time to sign up for T ball. Do they have T ball for girls? I put my son in figure skating because I took lessons when I was young and still had my skates, though I put red boot covers on them because white is for girls. Cullen took gymnastics and it came in handy when he went into diving and cheerleading.
I did t-ball so yes there are teams for girls,or in my case co-ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Katie posted on IG a video with Brooks wearing the damaged clothes from the hammer and security tag incident. In case anyone cares

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

ewokfan11 wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:I couldn't help but notice that Ollie and Finn are wearing matching outfits again--why?
It's simple: BRAND DEAL. The company, https://ragstoraches.com/, is working with lots of YTers lately. Including Carlie Butler, Steps to Wander, etc.
I find that brand of clothing hideous. It has nothing to do with the youtubers who wear it to me, just overall tacky and ugly. And all those rompers for big kids that look like they were made for a 5 month old. None of it is Katie's style when it comes to kids clothing so hopefully they avoid her. She dresses them so well already.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm sure Missy likes it because it makes Ollie look like an overgrown toddler. They still refer to themselves as "mama and dada". That's going to get Ollie made fun of. What 4 year old calls his dad "dada"? Plus with the "Toddler Helps Baby Brother Escape" video-- gotta keep 'em younger!

Judoktty
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Judoktty »

lmmomSD wrote:I'm sure Missy likes it because it makes Ollie look like an overgrown toddler. They still refer to themselves as "mama and dada". That's going to get Ollie made fun of. What 4 year old calls his dad "dada"? Plus with the "Toddler Helps Baby Brother Escape" video-- gotta keep 'em younger!

Well my 6 year old still calls us mama and dada at times. I don't think it is all that unusual, even for adults that are really close to their parents. Now calling your 4 year old a toddler is a stretch.

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

lmmomSD wrote:I'm sure Missy likes it because it makes Ollie look like an overgrown toddler. They still refer to themselves as "mama and dada". That's going to get Ollie made fun of. What 4 year old calls his dad "dada"? Plus with the "Toddler Helps Baby Brother Escape" video-- gotta keep 'em younger!

I don't think that's unusual. Personal anecdote but when I was a kid my friends and I were still calling our parents "mama" and "dada" up until we were 8/9 years old. Now, the undersized rompers definitely WILL get him made fun of. I hope they at least have enough sense to not send him to preschool in them. It's funny how Gaines is still a toddler but C&K dress her so much "older" than the Bumps dress Ollie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Yeah maybe they are fond of the B&M. Katie referred to Bryan as Uncle Bryan when she put Brooks to bed.

kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

brooks is cute and sweet, I'm sure of it, but boy oh boy he's a whiny little guy lol every other clip lately is him whining to be held, or have something someone is holding, I hope it's just a phase and they can teach him some simple words or sign language to communicate what he wants. I'm also just so used to gaines who was such a quiet and observant baby.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:The blog wasn't too annoying. Even with the lumps there. I really need to get out in my yard and donthe same thing Cullen was doing. But it's just so effin hot, heat index yesterday was 109 here. It's a miserable time of year to be outside. Lol
109! Are you in a heat wave or is it regular weather for you? You're in Georgia, right? Am I correct in thinking that your weather is similar to C&K? Last week when C&K were at Disneyland, they mentioned that it was hot and I could see they did get a bit burned. The sun is strong here without a cloud cover, it feels punitive and I avoid it like the plauge. But in the shade it was mid 80's. Hire a tree trimmer or leave it until the season changes. I don't believe humans were meant to be out is such heat. Last year our hottest day in Anaheim was 108, I bet it will be 109 or 110 this year. Smh
That day was the hottest we have had this week but yes pretty typical for this time of year. It will get hotter too. August is typically our hottest year. The high for us the day he was out working was 101 but with our insane humidity it felt like 109. Like right now, a little before 11:30am is 84 but with the 66% humidity it feels like 90. It's supposed to get even hotter today. I hope it rains. At least it will cool it off for a little bit. Until the sun comes back out then the humidity will be even worse. This time of year it feels like you are hitting a wall when you walk outside. It's horrible. Yard work either has to be done in small spurts during the day or after the sun starts to set. My grass is in bad need of cutting but it's just so miserable out!!! I HATE SUMMER.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

Todays Birthday vlog was really too much! Baby Brooks has just turned ONE year old. The party they are throwing has nothing to do with celebrating the baby's birthday but has everything to do with showing off, getting views, spoiling Gaines and total extravagance and waste. First of all the UN-BIRTHDAY gift concept is ridiculous. 'They are teaching Gaines that she needs a gift for most occasions instead of teaching her this is all about her brother...not her. She is being spoiled and they don't seem to realize this. Inviting the Bumps/Lumps from California for a one year old's birthday is beyond ridiculous. All the decorations, food, toys, gimmicks made it look like a three ring circus and is just an excuse to try and impress people. The only reason I can gather why they do all this has got to be for creating a spectacular for youTube viewership. The old rule of thumb is to invite the number of guests (children) to equal the age of the child. An 8 year old = 8 friends, 4 year old = 4 friends, etc. What they have done is garish and ostentatious. An hour trip to Chuck E Cheese would have been more than enough for Brooks!
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

kates_crush wrote:brooks is cute and sweet, I'm sure of it, but boy oh boy he's a whiny little guy lol every other clip lately is him whining to be held, or have something someone is holding, I hope it's just a phase and they can teach him some simple words or sign language to communicate what he wants. I'm also just so used to gaines who was such a quiet and observant baby.
Brooks is definitely more of a typical 1 year old than Gaines was at this age. They lucked out big time with her calm demeanor. Brooks is giving them a run for their money, and it kind of makes me giggle because they had always been pretty smug about how easy it is with Gaines.

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Baconsgirl wrote:Yeah maybe they are fond of the B&M. Katie referred to Bryan as Uncle Bryan when she put Brooks to bed.

That about made me gag!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I thought it was a very sweet party and not over done. My only complaint was I had to see the Lumps.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nc_mom wrote:Todays Birthday vlog was really too much! Baby Brooks has just turned ONE year old. The party they are throwing has nothing to do with celebrating the baby's birthday but has everything to do with showing off, getting views, spoiling Gaines and total extravagance and waste. First of all the UN-BIRTHDAY gift concept is ridiculous. 'They are teaching Gaines that she needs a gift for most occasions instead of teaching her this is all about her brother...not her. She is being spoiled and they don't seem to realize this. Inviting the Bumps/Lumps from California for a one year old's birthday is beyond ridiculous. All the decorations, food, toys, gimmicks made it look like a three ring circus and is just an excuse to try and impress people. The only reason I can gather why they do all this has got to be for creating a spectacular for youTube viewership. The old rule of thumb is to invite the number of guests (children) to equal the age of the child. An 8 year old = 8 friends, 4 year old = 4 friends, etc. What they have done is garish and ostentatious. An hour trip to Chuck E Cheese would have been more than enough for Brooks!
Every one year's birthday party that I have ever been too has been a huge bash. I didn't see a thing wrong with the party at all, did you watch Gaines first birthday party? Hers was bigger I'm pretty sure (or maybe it was just that the home was smaller). There is no way on earth I could only invite one kid to my kids first birthday. What, are they just supposed to tell the cousins they aren't allowed? Family friends can't bring the kids? Only one child allowed? So if Gaines was there no other kids could come? That's more than ridiculous. First birthdays are more for the parents than the kids anyway. I thought they did an excellent job with the party and would have HATED IT if they took a one year old to Chuckie Cheese. That's a cop out. They did a big fancy party at home for Gaines' first birthday but you want them to just Take him to chuckle cheese?? He can't even enjoy Chuckie Cheese. I'm sorry but that whole rant is silly. I did side eye the unbirthday gift though. :roll: and the fact that they let her put Minnie in the pool...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Both of my kids birthday parties have always been similar to the Brooks' today. Especially first birthday's. I thought it was a sweet party and just perfect for him. I saw nothing braggy or over the top about it.

They did a pretty good job of keeping B&M out of the blog today. I only saw them a couple times. Maybe they are catching on that no one that watches them wants to see the Lumps.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also adding. There is no way I would ask my schoolage kids to only pick 4 friends for their 4th bday party. We invite the whole class, and prepare for 20 +\- kids. With C&K's extended family Brooks wouldn't be able to let all his family and friends come to his birthday until he was like 6 or 8. I've never heard that "rule" before ever.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

nc_mom wrote:Todays Birthday vlog was really too much! Baby Brooks has just turned ONE year old. The party they are throwing has nothing to do with celebrating the baby's birthday but has everything to do with showing off, getting views, spoiling Gaines and total extravagance and waste. First of all the UN-BIRTHDAY gift concept is ridiculous. 'They are teaching Gaines that she needs a gift for most occasions instead of teaching her this is all about her brother...not her. She is being spoiled and they don't seem to realize this. Inviting the Bumps/Lumps from California for a one year old's birthday is beyond ridiculous. All the decorations, food, toys, gimmicks made it look like a three ring circus and is just an excuse to try and impress people. The only reason I can gather why they do all this has got to be for creating a spectacular for youTube viewership. The old rule of thumb is to invite the number of guests (children) to equal the age of the child. An 8 year old = 8 friends, 4 year old = 4 friends, etc. What they have done is garish and ostentatious. An hour trip to Chuck E Cheese would have been more than enough for Brooks!
I couldn't disagree with this more. They invited family and close friends of theirs and did pretty much everything themselves. The entertainment was a guy who did balloon animals, which I doubt cost that much, and they had a small bounce house and a kiddie pool filled with balls. The food wasn't over the top and neither were the gifts.

This party was actually very similar to the birthday parties my sister throws for my nephew, and I'm sure she'll do something similar when my niece turns one in February.

Also, even though I don't always like Bryan and Missy, I do think it was nice of them to fly out to attend Brooks' party. They have the time and the means to do it, so why not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”