snowbaby95
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

pattys wrote:off topic

which dna test actually goes into detail about where you come from? As in mentions countries.

I don't want to know only about continents
23 and Me and Ancestry DNA both give you regions and/or tribal areas. It's hard to differentiate certain countries from each other so for example on Ancestry DNA it'll give you a percentage for being "Europe West" which can mean you're from Germany, France, Poland, or other nearby countries. 23 and Me for example gives an overall percentage for "British & Irish," meaning you can be a mix of both or completely one of them. It can find that area in your DNA, but with their references they can't necessarily differentiate the DNA.

I'm guessing Jenn's will be British & Irish from her mom and then Southern European, Iberian, and Native American from her dad.
The Native American is from indigenous peoples of North, Central, and South America. Unfortunately they can't really differentiate the regions from the two continents yet.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Oh, jeez...they really should NOT get a dog. The last one lasted, what, a week???? They also travel too much and don't seem to have the time to properly train a puppy - plus, the kids are too young to really take on that responsibility. Dogs are A TON of work!! Why do all these YTers get pets when they REALLY shouldn't???!!! I know they want views, but it's crappy to get a pet just for views.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

^ I agree about the dog.
I was grossed out by PJ running around the pet store without shoes on.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I looked up reviews about the "neighborhood" they want to move to in AZ and it's all Mormon...non-Mormons even complain it's too Mormon. LOL! Actually, it does really suck to be a non-Mormon in an LDS area. Mormons really do seem to stick together.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

The food truck place looked so delicious! Are the friends they're staying with youtubers too? I hope that moving to AZ will give the vlogs a bit more variety, day one with the waterpatk is already an improvement!

I hate to say it but I really don't like watching dog footage on YouTube. That's a big reason why I stopped watching Charles Trippy's channel!
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

The dog scenes were just vlog fodder, I dont think they want a dog. I skipped the dog scenes too :x
Last edited by pattys on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

ewokfan11 wrote:I looked up reviews about the "neighborhood" they want to move to in AZ and it's all Mormon...non-Mormons even complain it's too Mormon. LOL! Actually, it does really suck to be a non-Mormon in an LDS area. Mormons really do seem to stick together.
Interesting, I guess it will be home away from home then!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

pattys wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I looked up reviews about the "neighborhood" they want to move to in AZ and it's all Mormon...non-Mormons even complain it's too Mormon. LOL! Actually, it does really suck to be a non-Mormon in an LDS area. Mormons really do seem to stick together.
Interesting, I guess it will be home away from home then!
Very true. I thought moving to AZ would mean more diversity for the kids, but the area they are looking at is just as white and conservative as Logan. I guess they'll feel safer living in a place like that. I am a bit surprised it's farther from Phoenix than I expected - like 45 minutes away.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

I can't believe they might just decide to buy a house already in Arizona! I don't think they understand what they're signing up for getting a house there without living there prior to buying.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I've been watching sporadically. Where exactly are they looking? My ex FIL lives in Carefree, which is close mileage wise but takes a while to get to Phoenix because of traffic. I thought they were looking around Scottsdale for some reason.
I agree that they shouldn't buy yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote:I've been watching sporadically. Where exactly are they looking? My ex FIL lives in Carefree, which is close mileage wise but takes a while to get to Phoenix because of traffic. I thought they were looking around Scottsdale for some reason.
I agree that they shouldn't buy yet.

I think someone on twitter responded to Sam's food truck post saying that they loved Queen Creek. I'm guessing that's the area they're looking around, but don't know much about Phoenix neighborhoods/areas besides Cave Creek where a family member of mine lives.
Does Queen Creek have a substantial Mormon population?

Edit: Just saw on the map that there is a Mormon temple pretty close by in the neighboring city Gilbert.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oooh, Cave Creek? I love Cave Creek. Ever been to the Satisfied Frog? Yummmm.

Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

Queen Creek is at least 45 minutes from Phoenix and is a bit rural. I can see if there is new housing there that it would be substantially lower in price than new construction closer to Phoenix. I was thinking maybe Gilbert or Mesa.

I'm happy for their new start. I hope they buy a starter home at least.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's very white. If you check the demographics, it's 82% white. So much for more diversity. Oh well. It also looks like it's a little bit cooler than Phoenix. Not much, but a little.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wasn't going to post this, but it's probably OK because they don't technically live there. My guess is 100% Queen Creek. It's basically a Mormon town and it looks to be where their friends live. I think Queen Creek might be a bit more "exclusive" than its nearby surrounding areas (like Gilbert), so I think that's why Sam is considering buying outside of the town.

I also think they should rent first and take their time. I hope they don't feel pressure to buy just because all the other family vloggers have been buying - and moving UP - lately.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

I love Sam and Jenn. I have been following them since the beginning (Before they had kids). What originally attracted me to them was that they were my age and I thought Sam was attractive (hehe). I really liked what he did with the vlogs, even though they were in school and worked on the side..they always packed the vlog with fun evenings and creative edits.
As much as I love babies, their vlogs have become more boring over time- which is totally understanding when you have two young kids, I still watch them daily.

I am very excited for their move since they seemed very "alone", "depressed" for a while. The vlogs was them sitting at home rather than watching them throughout the day, which is usually more fun.

I hope they make a lot of new friends there and start focusing on them before having another child (I think thats what they want too). They have completely neglected themselves for a while. Very looking forward to the upcoming AZ vlogs!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I hope they make lots of new friends too. It seemed like their only friends in Utah dince Ta's family moved were Daehan and Ellie and Jared. Which is surprising to me, because they are very active in church. Maybe their friends didn't want to be filmed?
Anyway, I do hope that moving to a Mormon family area is great for them. They're my favorite vloggers.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

They're such likable people so I feel like they won't have a problem. Idk why they don't seem to have many in Utah, but like mentioned maybe they just didn't like being filmed.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I hope they make lots of new friends too. It seemed like their only friends in Utah dince Ta's family moved were Daehan and Ellie and Jared. Which is surprising to me, because they are very active in church. Maybe their friends didn't want to be filmed?
Anyway, I do hope that moving to a Mormon family area is great for them. They're my favorite vloggers.
Logan is also a very Mormon town, but it's also a college town. I'm sure all of their college friends had moved away around the time they all graduated. So when they moved back there from SLC, they only had the Trixin guys as "friends." I don't really believe they are actually close with E&J - they don't seem to have much in common except YT. I'm sure they do have church friends, but they do seem like an "island" and alone most of the time.
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

They had lots of friends at the beg. Most of them turned out selfish and rude (most of their youtuber friends) theres really nothing in Utah for them except for David. They are such sweet people and unfortunately its so uncommon that their "friends" end up taking advantage in one way or another.

I hope they end up just getting an apartment. I don't think they realize how long it would realistically take to purchase a home. I doubt they have even tried to get pre approved dor a home loan.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “Q-Z”