• Advertisement
    

The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby BaffledByItAll » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:44 am

calliepaige84 wrote:I very much appreciated their vlog today and loved their honesty. Miss this Ellie and Jared realness.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agreed! And I can totally appreciate the fact that she doesn't want to talk about, and she certainly doesn't have to. I'm glad that they addressed it and the fact that maybe they did things (definitely) the wrong way this time around, but everyone makes mistakes.
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Advertisement

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 am

They only addressed it because they had been getting a lot of questions in the comments about it and people were pointing out that they were trying again and just no longer talking about it. That had some commenters pissed off. Add that to the decease in views and Jared had to do something.

I agree with lmmom..... sharing was not the problem here! They could have said they were trying, and then shared their positive news and the sad miscarriage news. That's enough. Ellie went so far beyond that
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 10688 times
Been thanked: 46737 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby Junebugbaby621 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:13 am

So she did for sure have a miscarriage, or is that what she's telling herself to make her feel better about not getting pregnant?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Junebugbaby621
Amateur
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:14 am
Has thanked: 314 times
Been thanked: 649 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby Pency » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:15 am

Ellie drives me crazy, but...

For the first time ever, Jared was more annoying than Ellie in this video. And she looked really pretty. *shrug*
Pency
Gossiper
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:29 am
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 4382 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby littlebaby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:29 am

What name did Jared say they both loved for a future baby? I can't tell if they were just making a joke or if they said an actual name. If they did I'm surprised, but I just couldn't hear him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
littlebaby
Gossiper
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 769 times
Been thanked: 3593 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby linneah13 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:34 am

littlebaby wrote:What name did Jared say they both loved for a future baby? I can't tell if they were just making a joke or if they said an actual name. If they did I'm surprised, but I just couldn't hear him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded like either Dallas or dallen.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
linneah13
Wallflower
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:34 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:39 am

Junebugbaby621 wrote:So she did for sure have a miscarriage, or is that what she's telling herself to make her feel better about not getting pregnant?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I still think shes just telling herself that. ellie KNEW she was pregnant. No negative test is going to prove her otherwise.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5131
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8552 times
Been thanked: 33230 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby littlebaby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 am

linneah13 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:What name did Jared say they both loved for a future baby? I can't tell if they were just making a joke or if they said an actual name. If they did I'm surprised, but I just couldn't hear him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded like either Dallas or dallen.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk


I was hearing Dallen, I'm praying it's not Dallas. I didn't hear an s at the end. It could have also been Jared saying Dylan weird, Ellie would say it like that too lmao.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
littlebaby
Gossiper
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 769 times
Been thanked: 3593 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 am

I thought i heard Gavin as the name..
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5131
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8552 times
Been thanked: 33230 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:56 am

I would much prefer Gavin or Dylan over Dallen. Or Dallas. Dallen sounds dumb to me-- like a cross between Cullen and Dallas. Sorry if anyone likes it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12073
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 62219 times
Been thanked: 58976 times

The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:10 am

I thought it was Fallyn. I could definitely see that being an Ellie approved name.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 10688 times
Been thanked: 46737 times

The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby littlebaby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:19 am

lmmomSD wrote:I would much prefer Gavin or Dylan over Dallen. Or Dallas. Dallen sounds dumb to me-- like a cross between Cullen and Dallas. Sorry if anyone likes it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


I wouldn't like it otherwise but my favorite musician of all time is named Dallas (Dallas Green/City and Colour). Because of him it's a possibility for my future son's name :p And that being said I REALLY hope E+J don't use it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
littlebaby
Gossiper
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 769 times
Been thanked: 3593 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby phie20 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am

Never heard "Dallon/Dallin" before, but apparently it's a popular name in Utah.

Ellie looked pretty today. I couldn't stand Jared though, he always has that urge to talk for others like "I think what you feel" or "I think what you mean to say". No, Jared, you probably don't know.
User avatar
phie20
Informer
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:00 am
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 1152 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby SweetDreams » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 am

What bothered me about today's video was the way they talked about negativity vs positivity. It's like sharing anything REAL that's not sunshine and butterflies is considered negative to them. I wish they could better embrace the hardships of life without just covering them up with fake smiles and canned words. The positive attitudes seem so forced. I get it, life gets hard, but there's gotta be ways to share those days in an honest way without completely feeling exposed (but come on, you vlog for a living of course you will feel exposed sometimes). Even this q&a video where they did kinda open up about things was ended with the "WE'RE SO POSITIVE" message. I call bullshit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SweetDreams
Amateur
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:34 am

phie20 wrote:Never heard "Dallon/Dallin" before, but apparently it's a popular name in Utah.

Ellie looked pretty today. I couldn't stand Jared though, he always has that urge to talk for others like "I think what you feel" or "I think what you mean to say". No, Jared, you probably don't know.
I get that Ellie doesn't have the biggest vocabulary, and isn't always the best at expressing herself. But he does that a lot-- talks over her, re-phrases what she says. Cullen interrupts Katie all the time, and Bryan talks over Missy. I think Corbin does it to Kelsey too. What is it with these guys?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12073
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 62219 times
Been thanked: 58976 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby onbreak » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:34 am

phie20 wrote:Never heard "Dallon/Dallin" before, but apparently it's a popular name in Utah.

Ellie looked pretty today. I couldn't stand Jared though, he always has that urge to talk for others like "I think what you feel" or "I think what you mean to say". No, Jared, you probably don't know.
She really is horrible at using her words.. might be an automatic instinct to help her, so she didn't look like an uneducated #rolemodel

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
User avatar
onbreak
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am
Has thanked: 5232 times
Been thanked: 7313 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby SweetDreams » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:42 am

onbreak wrote:
phie20 wrote:Never heard "Dallon/Dallin" before, but apparently it's a popular name in Utah.

Ellie looked pretty today. I couldn't stand Jared though, he always has that urge to talk for others like "I think what you feel" or "I think what you mean to say". No, Jared, you probably don't know.
She really is horrible at using her words.. might be an automatic instinct to help her, so she didn't look like an uneducated #rolemodel

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Did he do this when they first started to make videos? I always get the feeling it's him trying to protect her from the critics and wanting to make sure her intent is clear despite her very limited vocabulary. There have been times where I have been like wtf is she talking about, but then Jared chimes in and clarifies. I assume it's on topics they have discussed previously and so he does know what she's trying to say.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SweetDreams
Amateur
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:49 am

I think Jared helps speak for Ellie and put into words what she's feeling because, simply put, in many instances she isn't really feeling much of anything. Ellie uses the word FUN for lack of a better word. She lacks empathy, and oozes bitterness and envy. Those are hard emotions to put into a nice and positive light. Jared can't afford for Ellie to have any more weird slip-ups since the viewers are already questioning her attitude as of late.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 10688 times
Been thanked: 46737 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby phie20 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Yes, you're probably right. Although it's never too late to learn how to express oneself. But if Ellie never really tries to better herself... I guess it's best Jared talks for her. I'd be ashamed and annoyed if someone had to talk for me.

Edit: But I've seen Jared doing that to others too, like his parents.
User avatar
phie20
Informer
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:00 am
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 1152 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby littlebaby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:14 pm

So regardless of what name they said, I'm REALLY surprised they said any name at all. Isn't that against all YouTube norms when thinking about future views and name reveals and blah blah blah? Also.. Jackson, Calvin, Dallon? Yikes..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
littlebaby
Gossiper
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 769 times
Been thanked: 3593 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm

SweetDreams wrote:What bothered me about today's video was the way they talked about negativity vs positivity. It's like sharing anything REAL that's not sunshine and butterflies is considered negative to them. I wish they could better embrace the hardships of life without just covering them up with fake smiles and canned words. The positive attitudes seem so forced. I get it, life gets hard, but there's gotta be ways to share those days in an honest way without completely feeling exposed (but come on, you vlog for a living of course you will feel exposed sometimes). Even this q&a video where they did kinda open up about things was ended with the "WE'RE SO POSITIVE" message. I call bullshit.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of5cgecGIhg
ewokfan11
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 939 times
Been thanked: 6861 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:22 pm

littlebaby wrote:So regardless of what name they said, I'm REALLY surprised they said any name at all. Isn't that against all YouTube norms when thinking about future views and name reveals and blah blah blah? Also.. Jackson, Calvin, Dallon? Yikes..


I think they were f'ing with everyone... that wasn't a real name.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 939 times
Been thanked: 6861 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:23 pm

As far as Ellie is concerned, the next child will most definitely be a girl. Whatever name they said is most definitely meant to be a girls name.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 10364
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 10688 times
Been thanked: 46737 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby js215 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 pm

I thought he said Ellen, but they were definitely joking.
js215
Talker
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby SweetDreams » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:
SweetDreams wrote:What bothered me about today's video was the way they talked about negativity vs positivity. It's like sharing anything REAL that's not sunshine and butterflies is considered negative to them. I wish they could better embrace the hardships of life without just covering them up with fake smiles and canned words. The positive attitudes seem so forced. I get it, life gets hard, but there's gotta be ways to share those days in an honest way without completely feeling exposed (but come on, you vlog for a living of course you will feel exposed sometimes). Even this q&a video where they did kinda open up about things was ended with the "WE'RE SO POSITIVE" message. I call bullshit.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of5cgecGIhg

Lol Omg!!!! Ok, so it's definitely not just them. How sad!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SweetDreams
Amateur
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 274 times

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement
cron