DAILY BUMPS: FULLERHOUSEOFNAPS. PART# 91

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DAILY BUMPS: FULLERHOUSEOFNAPS. PART# 91

Unread post by lmmomSD »

fossilfinger wrote:
tintin15 wrote: Ollie needs the structure, discipline, and socialization that school brings. If they pull him out, you know they're going to buy the most expensive home school curriculum ever and use it for a whole two weeks before...well, anything could happen. They go on 18 vacations a year and fall out of the daily schooling...Ollie throws a tantrum so they decide to "take a break"...B&M feel lazy.
Ollie will never go to a traditional school. He's going to become a commercial and movie star and he'll be on set all the time and have three hours of tutoring a day! Don't you know he's about to become a star?

But seriously, I agree he needs the socialization of school, but anything would be better than homeschooling (because you know they'd suck at it), even if they got Ollie a private tutor and actually stuck with a schedule of his schooling. There is no excuse not to educate your child.
I agree 100%. They will likely take any small excuse to pull Ollie out. He needs the socialization from school. So badly. It's so not his fault. They're turning him into a weird kid.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

onbreak wrote:As a homeschool mom, May I remind you..
You socialize dogs.. we educate our children (:

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
But children need to be socialized as well, it's not healthy to go their entire childhood with limited interaction with children their own age. Hence why you have things like homeschool proms and socials. Learning proper social ques among peers is just as important, if not more, as learning that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

Missy was homeschooled most of her life and looked at how fucking weird and awkward she is with people her own age. You can attribute part of that to their fucked up religion, but it also has to with how often she was a allowed to mingle with her peers outside of her cult-like family.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If they homeschool Ollie and continue to praise and reward him for everything he does, then he will grow up socially stunted and with delusions of grandeur just like Miranda Sings in Haters Back Off.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I don't have anything against home schooling. I have a lot against B&M home schooling. He would have no education AND no friends and it would be sad.

I was home schooled and knew exactly 2 people my age. I had 2 friends for my entire childhood. I ended up incredibly shy because I didn't know a lot of people my age until I was about 12-13, and ofc that's when life gets hard and dramatic so I was even worse lol

Ollie needs educated and socialized if he wants to be a well-rounded kid with no setbacks in anything.
spartangirl93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by spartangirl93 »

Shorty02 wrote:
tintin15 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: Nope, there are none out there. I've lived in Oregon, California and Idaho - and went to summer camp in Washington State - never saw a lightning bug!!
They may not have them over in the west, but they're definitely not just a southern thing lol. I live in NJ and we have plenty. I don't see why they think it's a 'southern' thing just because they've never seen them before :lol:
We have them in Michigan too, and we also have humidity. Apparently they need to travel around the U.S. more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Off topic but fellow Michigander here! Image I love seeing lightning bugs in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

I have never seen a grown man so excited over fireflies.

"IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS!"

Calm down, Bryan.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

natalka81 wrote:
ladyju28 wrote:They're headed home now. Any guesses about the b day party theme? I guess all kinda weapons decor!! Loll jk
joke? I am completely assuming the theme will be sword-based.
Pirates! That way they can get away with all the swords!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with homeschooling, and everything wrong with Ollie being homeschooled. He has no friends. He doesn't know how to share or take turns, or even sit still without a screen on front of him. He's being brought up to avoid boredom at all costs, and boredom is what begets imaginative play. And I won't go into how poorly educated both Missy and Bryan are.
This was supposed to be a reply. Sorry!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Acbsktbll wrote:
natalka81 wrote:
ladyju28 wrote:They're headed home now. Any guesses about the b day party theme? I guess all kinda weapons decor!! Loll jk

They do have the float we saw once

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

cat9480 wrote:There were some cute moments in today's vlog...I'll give them that. Finn's little dive and Ollie saying the lightning bugs have lights in their butts Image

They act like Alabama is a foreign country Image (Side note: Are there really no lightning bugs in California? Or Idaho? They kept saying they were *southern* lightning bugs, but I guess I've never considered lightning bugs to be a particularly southern thing. I'm from way up in the northern part of Ohio and we caught lightning bugs all the time as kids. So are they really not a thing in California, or is this just Bryan being Bryan? Lol)

I'm in Southern Ohio and we have lighting bugs. Lived in Utah and NJ and they had them there.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tintin15 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
cat9480 wrote:(Side note: Are there really no lightning bugs in California? Or Idaho? They kept saying they were *southern* lightning bugs, but I guess I've never considered lightning bugs to be a particularly southern thing. I'm from way up in the northern part of Ohio and we caught lightning bugs all the time as kids. So are they really not a thing in California, or is this just Bryan being Bryan? Lol)
Nope, there are none out there. I've lived in Oregon, California and Idaho - and went to summer camp in Washington State - never saw a lightning bug!!
They may not have them over in the west, but they're definitely not just a southern thing lol. I live in NJ and we have plenty. I don't see why they think it's a 'southern' thing just because they've never seen them before Image
I saw them in North Jersey as a kid lol

katlinsmith04209
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by katlinsmith04209 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 5b1227.png[/img]

On FB and come across this. It looks so much like Finn.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I just can't-- and Photoshop much? Fireflies aren't that bright. And yes, fireflies are cool, and my West-coast born and raised kids thought they were awesome, but they didn't freak out over them. These people are so weird. Disneyland is an everyday kind of experience, and fireflies are "amazing and magical". If Ollie wasn't so jaded about everything else, I would think it was great that he was excited by fireflies.
They really need to travel more. And I don't mean staying in fancy resorts after flying first class like they do currently. I mean getting out and seeing things and expanding their horizons.
Bryan looks like he's going to eat those fireflies.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 767b67.jpg[/img]

Holy hell Bryan looks as big face wise as Shay used to

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did you see the screenshot someone posted of him at the pool with C& K? The man is heading towards Type 2 diabetes.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Just wondering-- if yesterday's vlog was supposed to be about Brooks' birthday party, why wasn't that part of the title or thumbnail​? It was about the "crazy lightning storm". Way to shout out your friends.

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Acbsktbll wrote:
natalka81 wrote:

AWESOME COOL PIRATE UNICORN POOP BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

twomommies wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I just can't-- and Photoshop much? Fireflies aren't that bright. And yes, fireflies are cool, and my West-coast born and raised kids thought they were awesome, but they didn't freak out over them. These people are so weird. Disneyland is an everyday kind of experience, and fireflies are "amazing and magical". If Ollie wasn't so jaded about everything else, I would think it was great that he was excited by fireflies.
They really need to travel more. And I don't mean staying in fancy resorts after flying first class like they do currently. I mean getting out and seeing things and expanding their horizons.
Bryan looks like he's going to eat those fireflies.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 767b67.jpg[/img]

Maybe that's what he's going for.

elifino1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by elifino1 »

I'm from Missouri and I loved catching lightening bugs. I want to share that experience with my kids one day because here in colorado, we don't have any.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
cat9480 wrote:(Side note: Are there really no lightning bugs in California? Or Idaho? They kept saying they were *southern* lightning bugs, but I guess I've never considered lightning bugs to be a particularly southern thing. I'm from way up in the northern part of Ohio and we caught lightning bugs all the time as kids. So are they really not a thing in California, or is this just Bryan being Bryan? Lol)
Nope, there are none out there. I've lived in Oregon, California and Idaho - and went to summer camp in Washington State - never saw a lightning bug!!
Interesting! I didn't know that. So I guess it was pretty cool for them to experience that, then. After hearing both of them carry on about southern rain and southern trees and southern cicadas and southern humidity...etc etc etc...I didn't know if they had never seen lightning bugs because there weren't any, or if they had just never left their stupid "property" long enough to experience them at home.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

ja14 wrote:
twomommies wrote:
Bryan looks like he's going to eat those fireflies. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... 767b67.jpg

Maybe that's what he's going for.

All I can imagine is that he has a list somewhere lmao.

1. Gain a lot of weight
2. Have at least three more children
3. Drink a lot
4. Be preachy and uppity about own religious beliefs
5. Find cam girl

Return to “Daily Bumps”