Samika Vlogs. Part #2

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Shay's brother, Logan went on a mission because of social pressure and was sent home early because he broke a rule and didn't disclose it before leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

rdt1004 wrote:Shay's brother, Logan went on a mission because of social pressure and was sent home early because he broke a rule and didn't disclose it before leaving.
ALL young Mormon men are expected to go on a mission. Social pressure, yes, but it's 100% expected in their church to go on a 2-year mission. Not going on a mission/not completing a mission is considered a failure in their faith.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And whether or not the lady who gave the business card was a missionary, they are supposed to proselytize. That's one reason the LDS church was so happy that Shay was so successful. That "happy Mormon family" image brings people in. There were people who said in vlog comments that at the very least, they had checked out the church because of Shaytards. So they are encouraged to vlog, and to bring more people into the fold if they can. It's interesting to me that the non-Utah/Idaho Mormon vloggers like Samika, J House, and Knorpp and South are less hard core than the Griffiths, the Butlers, and the Tannerites. It just doesn't seem to define them as much.
I like that Sam and Jenn don't scream "Mormon". You can tell that their faith is important to them, but it's not their whole lives.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Was Jenn raised Mormon? I assume that last picture was of Sam's parents and obviously he was, i just wondered if Jenn was.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:Was Jenn raised Mormon? I assume that last picture was of Sam's parents and obviously he was, i just wondered if Jenn was.
Her father's side is Mormon, but it's hard to tell if her mom is. Her parents are divorced, so it's hard to tell.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Thanks, i have a hard time keeping the whos who of their family straight.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Was Jenn raised Mormon? I assume that last picture was of Sam's parents and obviously he was, i just wondered if Jenn was.
Her father's side is Mormon, but it's hard to tell if her mom is. Her parents are divorced, so it's hard to tell.
Yes, her mom converted when she was young. She comes from an abusive (physical and drugs) background and found comfort in the Mormon church.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I watch a lot of mormons on YouTube and I find their lifestyle fascinating. My husband and I are both atheist and live in an area of the UK where religion isn't a huge deal. The only thing I notice about Samika is that Jen dresses very modestly (especially compared to her sister) but otherwise I don't really notice that they are mormons. Jen has such a great figure I wish she would dress better, you can be modest and still dress well. She looked great in those dungarees and strap top the other day
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

It seems that maybe Jenn's family are not as "devout" as other families we see in Utah Vloggers. David just got a tattoo a few days ago and her other brother Matt has a fairly large one on his chest. Jenn commented that their dad (and possibly her other brother AP) weren't very happy about it. Not sure if Rachel (?her sister?) has any but she seems like the type to maybe be hiding one.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

i don't think rach and david are "practicing" the religion, though i agree samika's, especially jen's, families aren't as hardcore as native utah mormons. like i said before, members from utah are very different. they definitely are in a bubble and they aren't as flexible as members from other areas in the states and around the world.

now that i think of it, maybe this is why i only watch samika, knorrp and south (sometimes) and the glass posse (though they don't upload frequently anymore). i relate to them being lds but they aren't as uptight and ignorant as the utah crowd.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

Rachel and David are not practicing Mormons.
What do you all think about her brother Matt, who used to vlog and initiated them both vlogging?

He tried for a while but didn't become famous and quit. He explained in a YT video once that he became jealous of the success of Samika and gave up.
Jenn used to have a Blog (I don´t think it is online anymore) she explained that her brother wanted to become a model and actor..it just never worked out (If you have seen his stuff, he also isn´t very talented). He battles with mental health problems but to me he looks like a closeted gay men that lives in the Mormon culture.
When Jenn was very young, he wanted to move to Utah to find himself a wife- that also never worked out.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Did either of Jenn's older brothers go on LDS missions? Obviously David didn't.

Sunn88, I think you meant her brother AP. Matt is married with a baby and lives in Utah. If I remember correctly, AP even bought Sam and Jenn their first vlogging camera as a Christmas gift. He was on YT way before Samika even started, so it must have been painful to see them become popular so fast. I agree that he totally comes off as in the closet.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

ewokfan11 wrote:Did either of Jenn's older brothers go on LDS missions? Obviously David didn't.

Sunn88, I think you meant her brother AP. Matt is married with a baby and lives in Utah. If I remember correctly, AP even bought Sam and Jenn their first vlogging camera as a Christmas gift. He was on YT way before Samika even started, so it must have been painful to see them become popular so fast. I agree that he totally comes off as in the closet.
I meant Andrew, I will change that! Not sure why I wrote Matt!
Yes, Andrew and Matt served missions.
I think Matt was not interested in the church at first but then returned (thus the tattoo).
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

I always thought AP was gay too and still do. Jen and him seem to be the most Mormon of all the siblings. David and Rachel clearly don't follow the church anymore, and Matt seems technically Mormon, but not devout.

With David's tattoo, I didn't like how Jen automatically snitched to their dad about it. If I was David, I wouldn't trust confiding in Jen anymore.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

snowbaby95 wrote:I always thought AP was gay too and still do. Jen and him seem to be the most Mormon of all the siblings. David and Rachel clearly don't follow the church anymore, and Matt seems technically Mormon, but not devout.

With David's tattoo, I didn't like how Jen automatically snitched to their dad about it. If I was David, I wouldn't trust confiding in Jen anymore.
Did you know that some of the siblings lived with their dad and others with their mom after they got divorced? Jenn and Rachel lived apart growing up because they didn't choose the same parent to live with. I would love to know more about that :D
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

angelfire89 wrote:It seems that maybe Jenn's family are not as "devout" as other families we see in Utah Vloggers. David just got a tattoo a few days ago and her other brother Matt has a fairly large one on his chest. Jenn commented that their dad (and possibly her other brother AP) weren't very happy about it. Not sure if Rachel (?her sister?) has any but she seems like the type to maybe be hiding one.
I follow Rachel on instagram and she was at a tattoo shop the other day to support her friend & said it was the same guy that did hers. She also drinks a lot of alcohol. Jenn obviously loves her siblings so much and it really shows, but I wonder if this ever caused a drift or problem in their relationship. When they went to Disney, I remember Jenn received a coffee flavored candy bar and gave it to her sister. I didn't realize a candy bar flavor would break a Mormon rule but I guess it does, lol.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

sun88 wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:I always thought AP was gay too and still do. Jen and him seem to be the most Mormon of all the siblings. David and Rachel clearly don't follow the church anymore, and Matt seems technically Mormon, but not devout.

Did you know that some of the siblings lived with their dad and others with their mom after they got divorced? Jenn and Rachel lived apart growing up because they didn't choose the same parent to live with. I would love to know more about that :D
Yes! I remember that from David's draw my life. I wish he hadn't deleted it.
Didn't Jen and David stay with their mom and Andrew, Matt, and Rachel lived with their dad?

I think it's so strange to split it up that way and not share custody of all your kids.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

snowbaby95 wrote:
sun88 wrote:

Yes! I remember that from David's draw my life. I wish he hadn't deleted it.
Didn't Jen and David stay with their mom and Andrew, Matt, and Rachel lived with their dad?

I think it's so strange to split it up that way and not share custody of all your kids.
Well I know both Jen and David saying they didn't have a ton of money growing up so it might've just been easier financially for their mom to only have full time custody of two of the kids vs having all five at once.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

rdt1004 wrote: Well I know both Jen and David saying they didn't have a ton of money growing up so it might've just been easier financially for their mom to only have full time custody of two of the kids vs having all five at once.

Yea I know, it's sad! But it seems like she could barely afford Jen and David. Weird he wouldn't have been given custody of all 5 when he probably could have taken care of them all while she struggled with 2.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Sun88 what is Andrews YT channel, do you have a link to the video where he seemed jealous and wanted to quit?

I have to add how cute I think Ava is and how Sam is so happy that she loves him now! So funny

Return to “Q-Z”