Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by alym0326 »

I actually think Joel would be okay with someone else BUILDING a house for them. He seems to be pretty accepting and acknowledges when there is someone else who knows better/can do a better job than him and doesn't let his pride/ego get in the way of letting someone else do it (I.e., bringing in a plumber to do the pipe in the laundry room from a few days ago). I think he would definitely be involved in the building process (when they brought in concrete guys, Joel helped out) but I can definitely see him being okay with someone else building a house for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alym0326 wrote:I actually think Joel would be okay with someone else BUILDING a house for them. He seems to be pretty accepting and acknowledges when there is someone else who knows better/can do a better job than him and doesn't let his pride/ego get in the way of letting someone else do it (I.e., bringing in a plumber to do the pipe in the laundry room from a few days ago). I think he would definitely be involved in the building process (when they brought in concrete guys, Joel helped out) but I can definitely see him being okay with someone else building a house for them.

Except he has said a few times that they just don't build houses like they used to.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

HelloSweetie wrote:
alym0326 wrote:I actually think Joel would be okay with someone else BUILDING a house for them. He seems to be pretty accepting and acknowledges when there is someone else who knows better/can do a better job than him and doesn't let his pride/ego get in the way of letting someone else do it (I.e., bringing in a plumber to do the pipe in the laundry room from a few days ago). I think he would definitely be involved in the building process (when they brought in concrete guys, Joel helped out) but I can definitely see him being okay with someone else building a house for them.

Except he has said a few times that they just don't build houses like they used to.
This is true.. They don't.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

onbreak wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

This is true.. They don't.

I completely agree. I know quite a few people that have upgraded to new and then have actually downgraded to fixed uppers again because of this. Obviously this isn't always the case, but it does seem to be a common opinion for some regardless of region.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Cookie cutter houses, cars, SUVs ... Not as great as they look a few years down the line

jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

Caisflame wrote:Shouldn't an 8 year old know what a thermometer is?
Shouldn't a 1st grader be able to count change from the tooth fairy?

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

jaynshann wrote:
Caisflame wrote:Shouldn't an 8 year old know what a thermometer is?
Shouldn't a 1st grader be able to count change from the tooth fairy?

Money counting is difficult and I don't remember my kids being taught until 1st grade. He has only finished kindergarten. Remember when he started he did not know his letters. He will pick up counting money when it is introduced, as long as he does not miss a month or two of school.

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

The clip from today's blog starting at 9:04 really shows a side of Bonnie's personality I don't like. She sounds entitled and materialistic. God for bid she has to drive Joel's car for a few days. I like the way Joel handled her comment. His body language made it apparent he was annoyed and the way she changed the subject so quickly made that obvious as well.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

AutumnLane wrote:The clip from today's blog starting at 9:04 really shows a side of Bonnie's personality I don't like. She sounds entitled and materialistic. God for bid she has to drive Joel's car for a few days. I like the way Joel handled her comment. His body language made it apparent he was annoyed and the way she changed the subject so quickly made that obvious as well.

I agree! Bonnie is every bit a Griffiths (is that how is spelled? lol) as her sister Ellie. Me, me, me, only the best for ME!! I think being married to Joel just helps her hide it better, but its there. There is many times where she should have taken the car and left him the new vehicle to drive the kids around. But she is incredibly materialistic. Want to bet she camps out at home while he's gone to avoid driving the car?
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I was wondering about that also. I'm curious to see if she ventures out in the next few vlogs.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"Accidents happen Way to Easy" To easy.
I can't.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

I'm sorry, but people here have been complaining about Joel needing a nicer car for months now. Bonnie says something negative about it and she's materialistic? Lol, half the people here have said they wouldn't drive it! Guess most of us are equally materialistic. I feel like people just like to add the "she's just as bad as her sister" to add fuel to the fire. She may have materialistic tendencies, but she's happy with the normal house she has. Ellie needs to have the nicest of everything as soon as she can get it. They aren't the same.

But based off Bonnie and Joel's reactions I think it's pretty clear that it's Joel that is unwilling to get rid of the car and not Bonnie not letting him. It definitely seems as though she would have upgraded awhile ago if he had been open to it. Maybe everyone can let that debate die.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I dont see it that way. I think Bonnie is perfectly happy for Joel to drive the car, and as long as she isnt expected to drive it she sees no need to upgrade.
Bonnie does have to have the newest, nicest things. Her clothing, make up, HER car, luggage, home, everything that she feels is "hers" is the newest and nicest.

Joel talked about how they would get a new vehicle when they "met some financial goals". So I think he is willing to upgrade, I think if Bonnie said go buy a truck he would in a second. And if for some reason Joel needed the SUV on a daily basis they'd have a new car to replace Frank in a second, finacial goals forgotten.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Meh. My husband has an older car by choice and I'm ok to drive it occasionally, but I would whine if I was left to it. It's his car and his choice to drive it. It used to my vehicle and would much rather drive that.

I think part of them still being open is including exchanges like this one. If Bonnie had acted like driving the car was going to be the most fun thing ever, we would have seen right through that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't have a problem with Joel driving his old car. I think it's great. What my issue is, is that he will take all the kids in the car, with Olivia sitting up front, and without proper restraints for the other kids. And Bonnie will go off in the nice car to do whatever, and leave Joel with the old car, so that he can't take the kids out without being unsafe. Otherwise, more power to them for keeping an older car that is paid off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

I still think they're holding out hope for a free truck, and honestly I can't blame them. I would drive Joel's car if I had to, but I really wouldn't want to. If that makes me materialistic then oh well...

I definitely think Joel would jump at the opportunity to get a new truck if Bonnie gave him the okay. I don't think it's all because of Bonnie though, I think Joel doesn't like to spend money and is waiting to see if they're offered a free truck first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't see a problem with them keeping the car but her comment came off as Joels car wasn't good enough for her...but it's perfectly fine for Joel and the kids? A bit snobby IMO.

What is she embarrassed to be seen out in town driving It? Like it would ruin her image or something?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The only problem I see with the car is the kids not being safe...but Bonnie thinks its fine for Joel to drive the kids in it so thats not her problem with the car. Bonnie's problem with the car is its not new and pretty. She will look pretty ridiculous driving around in it with her hair extensions, fake eye lashes, eyebrows done, a full face of over the top make up and very expensive clothes...
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Joel's comment about test driving trucks the other day is what convinced me that they're not really gunning for a free truck. He would have made sure to film the test drive like E+J did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I watched the part about the car twice and I really can't see how Bonnie was being snobby about the car. She just says she doesn't want to drive it, in kind of a cute mock whiny voice. I thought it was completely innocent and mostly in fun. I agree that it's 100% essential that the kids be properly seated if she does take Joel's car (which may not happen since it would likely involve Olivia in the front) but to say that Bonnie was being stuck-up about it or whatever is something I really didn't get from this.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”