DAILY BUMPS: FULLERHOUSEOFNAPS. PART# 91

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DAILY BUMPS: FULLERHOUSEOFNAPS. PART# 91

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Is that an electric bike? Like one you don't have to peddle? The brand is "Electra" and it looks a little different than a regular bike. I wouldn't be surprised if the lazy lumps bought their 4 year old a bike with a motor so he doesn't have to learn how to really ride a bike.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

No nevermind. I don't think it is. I checked the website. It's a regular bike, with training wheels and it's $300.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

tintin15 wrote:Image

Okay, this is a perfectly innocent picture, but for some reason all I can think is...

"I want a party with rooms full of laughter. Ten thousand tons of ice cream. And if I don't get the things I am after...I'm going to scrEEAAAAAAAMMMM!"
You are nicer than me. I was thinking of the balcony/trike scene from The Omen. :D
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:No nevermind. I don't think it is. I checked the website. It's a regular bike, with training wheels and it's $300.
I was wrong then. I don't know why I thought it was a tricycle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

KaterTot wrote:

Okay, this is a perfectly innocent picture, but for some reason all I can think is...

"I want a party with rooms full of laughter. Ten thousand tons of ice cream. And if I don't get the things I am after...I'm going to scrEEAAAAAAAMMMM!"
You are nicer than me. I was thinking of the balcony/trike scene from The Omen. :D
Poor goldfish!

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

lmmomSD wrote:

He is definitely Veruca Salt.

Can he even ride a pedal bike? It's a tricycle, right? So, Jackson and Noah, who are both younger, can ride two wheelers without training wheels. But Ollie the perfect golden child, can't ride a balance bike?
And I am not slamming him. It's absolutely Bryan and Missy's fault. They have spent no time trying to teach him anything. Except swimming.

I don't put a lot of stock in the bike riding timeline for children. My son is turning 5 in 2 weeks and he's honestly just had zero interest in bikes. We've bought him tricycles, Cozy Coupes, scooters, etc...and as his mother I can say this...he's just been lazy. He doesn't like to work to make himself go. Some kids are just like that. But he's finally reached the point he's ready to have a big bike and is willing to learn to ride it. So we shelled out a WHOPPING $69 for a Star Wars bike with a light up lightsaber handle because Star Wars is his life. :D

It's tacky, it's loud, and it's not a $300 statement bike for a child, but he'll love it and use it until it falls apart or is outgrown. Each child develops differently, and some kids just don't love bikes right away.
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

Edenberry wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

He is definitely Veruca Salt.

Can he even ride a pedal bike? It's a tricycle, right? So, Jackson and Noah, who are both younger, can ride two wheelers without training wheels. But Ollie the perfect golden child, can't ride a balance bike?
And I am not slamming him. It's absolutely Bryan and Missy's fault. They have spent no time trying to teach him anything. Except swimming.

I don't put a lot of stock in the bike riding timeline for children. My son is turning 5 in 2 weeks and he's honestly just had zero interest in bikes. We've bought him tricycles, Cozy Coupes, scooters, etc...and as his mother I can say this...he's just been lazy. He doesn't like to work to make himself go. Some kids are just like that. But he's finally reached the point he's ready to have a big bike and is willing to learn to ride it. So we shelled out a WHOPPING $69 for a Star Wars bike with a light up lightsaber handle because Star Wars is his life. :D

It's tacky, it's loud, and it's not a $300 statement bike for a child, but he'll love it and use it until it falls apart or is outgrown. Each child develops differently, and some kids just don't love bikes right away.
My daughter's the same way! I know she's used the cozy coupe and trikes at preschool, but at home it takes us longer to suit her up in her helmet and knee pads than the time she will actually spend riding it. I just borrowed a balance bike from my sister, so we'll see if she likes that. (She's turning four next week)
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

My 7 year old has zero interest in her bike
She is content running behind to keep up
I wonder what else they got from toys r us for him.. It all looks like junk.. Kids dont need so much plastic crap

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

I don't know if I'm ready to watch the over the top nonsense that will be Ollie's Birthday extravaganza. Should we take guesses on how much this 4 year old's birthday is costing them? Corbin and Kelsey just said in their vlog that they will be flying down there, thanks to the Bank of Bryan and Missy. I'm sure it will only get more ridiculous from here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Shorty02 wrote:I don't know if I'm ready to watch the over the top nonsense that will be Ollie's Birthday extravaganza. Should we take guesses on how much this 4 year old's birthday is costing them? Corbin and Kelsey just said in their vlog that they will be flying down there, thanks to the Bank of Bryan and Missy. I'm sure it will only get more ridiculous from here...

And the fact that the vlog is late probably means it'll be extra awful. I don't know that I want to put myself through it either...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I was scrolling through and saw this out of the corner of my eye and freaked out a little because I thought it was some scary ghost picture. Then I realized. :lol:
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Johnson Fam has unicorn bday video up

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

This whole flying in for YT kids' birthdays is really going to make any family without unlimited funds to travel look bad IMO. Ollie will grow up wondering why his other grandparents/aunties don't come to his birthdays and think that maybe they don't care. That's sad. Money doesn't equal love, and Ollie may not recognize the difference between things that are genuine, and just done for the vlog. That's sad if you think about it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The Johnson Family video is just sad. Ollie doesn't give a rat's ass about anything but his swords. And they got him a new one, of course. Plus, you can see tons of boxes.
And you know they're going to have another party for him on the weekend. I get having a little family celebration on the day of, and then a party with friends on the weekend, but he's FOUR. He doesn't need two parties. Hr doesn't have a bunch of school friends. It's all for showing off how much money they have, and getting views, and looking "popular". Because they weren't popular in high school, so they have to show how many friends they have now, and how many people want to come for their son's birthday party.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's so obvious that Ollie hates it when they put him on the spot and ask him questions. It's good that they're asking him open ended questions like they were, but it's not healthy the way they interact through the camera. They sit him with his back to them. He's not learning how to make eye contact or carry on a conversation with a person.

BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

lmmomSD wrote:The Johnson Family video is just sad. Ollie doesn't give a rat's ass about anything but his swords. And they got him a new one, of course. Plus, you can see tons of boxes.
And you know they're going to have another party for him on the weekend. I get having a little family celebration on the day of, and then a party with friends on the weekend, but he's FOUR. He doesn't need two parties. Hr doesn't have a bunch of school friends. It's all for showing off how much money they have, and getting views, and looking "popular". Because they weren't popular in high school, so they have to show how many friends they have now, and how many people want to come for their son's birthday party.

That pile of presents was absolutely ridiculous! Honestly though it looked like the Salvation Army's Giving Tree pile in our mall during Christmas and that is just depressing :/ Someone needs to tell Missy and Bryan that you don't have to buy your child's love with elaborate gifts. I myself am a fan of the gift giving rule of 4 (Something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read). And in between birthdays and holidays only occasionally something special.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I bet finn's pile wont even be half as big on his birthday...
disneyworldbelle
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by disneyworldbelle »

When I was a kid I got 3 presents on my birthday, two from mom and dad and one from my brother [my grandparents would send money for my college fund (like $10-$20) in the mail in cards] Christmas was the "extravagant" present time [my brother and I got 8 small gifts (clothes, books, coloring supplies, maybe a stuffed animal or hot wheel cars) and one gift we really wanted]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

So they did get Finn a little present..I'm sure it'll end up being Ollie's though.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

So are Cullen and Katie expected to fly out for Ollie's birthday now? And will M&B fly to Alabama again in September for Gaines' birthday and then Cullen and Katie fly back for Finn's birthday in October?? Lol i just don't get it. It's not really fair if they only fly in for one kids birthday. They all have multiple kids now!

Return to “Daily Bumps”