8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by overtherainbow »

lol at shari saying: she can't say no if you're filming it. what a great way to rise your kids.
and not building a young child birthday gift till days later? this family is getting weirder by the day
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I try to watch 8 passengers, but I just can't stand how close to her face Ruby keeps the camera. Do y'all think it's on purpose?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I can't believe these kids can't really swim at their ages. A 15-minute lesson(!!!!!WTF?) would be OK for a 3-year-old, but aren't the older girls closer to 10-11ish??? The older girls seem extremely weak in the water...do they do any sports? They seem almost malnourished and too thin.

Ruby is ODD AF...and her "sense of humor" is awful.
I was surprised by the length of the swimming classes too but I do think that the kids have made significant improvements over the past couple of weeks, so they must be doing something right. I don't know how athletic the middle girls are (sports seem to be more popular with Chad and Shari) but I know Abby does gymnastics so it's something the family seems to think is important, anyway. I'm just glad they're learning to swim, since safety in general isn't the Griffiths' strong suit in many circumstances.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

winniewise wrote:I try to watch 8 passengers, but I just can't stand how close to her face Ruby keeps the camera. Do y'all think it's on purpose?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
A few days ago she talked about forgetting how bad she looks (her words, not mine) up close. I don't think she does it purposely, just forgets.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

So in yesterdays vlog Ruby said she doesn't force marriage talk? Hmmm ok. She really must read here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl

So in yesterdays vlog Ruby said she doesn't force marriage talk? Hmmm ok. She really must read here.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I was a bit surprised to hear her say she doesn't recommend getting married at the age she did, Shari seemed surprised too which makes me wonder how old she wants to be when she marries.
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

I understand that they are a big family but did each kid really need a huge pack of pencils each? And how do they lose pencils so quickly according to Shari? I thought that they'd have plenty of stationary at home from previous years but idk if that was just me. And a new scientific calculator this year? Those things are pricey I remember having one that lasted me from year 7 (6th grade) to year 11 (10th grade). I guess with the YouTube money rolling in they can afford it all.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

If I had as many children as Ruby I would've told the kids to check what's home first and have them write a list of things they miss and then go to the store and only buy what they really need for school.
Ruby might not be a good planner and organizer as she portrayed herself once. Don't know but it sometimes feels like she's doing everything for the first time everytime they are doing something and it doesn't matter what it is...
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I think their school shopping was a little ridiculous. Do they not have checklists at the store that you grab for your grade? She should've grabbed some sort of list for each grade and the kid could've gotten what was needed off the list. Russell is going into Kindergarten, and he got some whack pencils, a folder and a calculator - absolutely unnecessary. Shari and Chad seemed to be the only ones who knew what they could use. I found it a little concerning that Abby, who has shown struggles in her academia in the past, did not buy any notebooks or folders. Of course she may have some from last year, but since they burned all of their belongings at the beginning of summer I find it hard to believe.

Baconsgirl

freshbalsam wrote:I think their school shopping was a little ridiculous. Do they not have checklists at the store that you grab for your grade? She should've grabbed some sort of list for each grade and the kid could've gotten what was needed off the list. Russell is going into Kindergarten, and he got some whack pencils, a folder and a calculator - absolutely unnecessary. Shari and Chad seemed to be the only ones who knew what they could use. I found it a little concerning that Abby, who has shown struggles in her academia in the past, did not buy any notebooks or folders. Of course she may have some from last year, but since they burned all of their belongings at the beginning of summer I find it hard to believe.

In last years video they said that they pay the school to get school the supplies. These are just extra,like last year.

eloise92
Talker
Talker

Unread post by eloise92 »

ujvs_ wrote:I understand that they are a big family but did each kid really need a huge pack of pencils each? And how do they lose pencils so quickly according to Shari? I thought that they'd have plenty of stationary at home from previous years but idk if that was just me. And a new scientific calculator this year? Those things are pricey I remember having one that lasted me from year 7 (6th grade) to year 11 (10th grade). I guess with the YouTube money rolling in they can afford it all.
I think the school supply shopping was very disorganised.
With regards to the calculator whereas we (UK) need them from year 7, Chad is going into middle school so I think he is getting his first one now. I guess they don't do geometry until High School there?

Guessing Chad didn't get into/isn't going to the private school given he didn't have a list?
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

Did Ruby talk about getting invisilign? I don't watch every vlog but I was so distracted by her voice in the school supplies shopping.
overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur

freshbalsam wrote:I think their school shopping was a little ridiculous. Do they not have checklists at the store that you grab for your grade? She should've grabbed some sort of list for each grade and the kid could've gotten what was needed off the list. Russell is going into Kindergarten, and he got some whack pencils, a folder and a calculator - absolutely unnecessary. Shari and Chad seemed to be the only ones who knew what they could use. I found it a little concerning that Abby, who has shown struggles in her academia in the past, did not buy any notebooks or folders. Of course she may have some from last year, but since they burned all of their belongings at the beginning of summer I find it hard to believe.

You do realize that she didn't buy what the kids chose? off-course she didn't buy russell a calculator. she would go over their stuff before going to the cashier.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Baconsgirl wrote:

In last years video they said that they pay the school to get school the supplies. These are just extra,like last year.

I figured this couldn't be the whole haul...just too random and not enough substance. That makes much more sense. I mean, what's the point of going school shopping without a supplies list (you'll end up right back at the store on the first night of school when you show up unprepared). I thought Ruby kind of joked about the calculator and I figured she'd put it back. The comments for weeks have been filled with kids requesting this video, I think most of it was staged to make Ruby seem like the cool mom letting her kids get whatever they want. She'll make more money off the video (last year's is at 4.4 million views) than she ever spent on the extra 100 pencils and random crap they got.

My favorite part of the video was finding out Eve would be going to preschool and not stuck at home with Ruby all day, everyday. I think she'll do great in school with some structure and kids outside her family. It'll be interesting to see how Ruby creates content without the kids home all day with her.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

mandylouwho wrote:Did Ruby talk about getting invisilign? I don't watch every vlog but I was so distracted by her voice in the school supplies shopping.
I can't tell if you're asking if she has invisalign or if you're wondering if she's talked about it lately, but yes she does have it. I'm thinking she changed trays recently because her lisp has been worse than normal is the last few vlogs, and that's typical when you get a new tray.
Baconsgirl

So I assume no homeschoooling? Actually cross my fingers.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I love how Eve calls backpacks, "pack packs". She's a lot more charming these days.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Caisflame wrote:I love how Eve calls backpacks, "pack packs". She's a lot more charming these days.
My 4yo calls them pack packs too and it's so cute I don't even bother to correct it lol

overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur

is it normal to wear bowling shows without socks? it seems too disgusting but I never went bowling so I idk if it's a common thing to do.

Return to “8 Passengers”